Hi guys, i just want to let this out here. We're a relatively newly married couple. My husband is the type who isn't too emotional and doesn't make a big deal out of things. He's not one to cause drama or make tampo. He never gets mad. Basically it's hard to get into a big fight with him since he's usually mabait and forgiving. He has earned my full trust because he hasn't done anything of grave magnitude in the past to break my trust. We are not the super duper sweet couple na all-day nagtetext kasi super busy ko din at work, but we can be sweet and loving when we want to.
My problem is, I recently discovered that he talks to certain friends about me and our relationship, in a manner that is very disrespectful to me as a wife. I accidentally got access to his usually password-blocked phone and read him talking to a girl friend about our married life, that while he's "not complaining", he feels that "reality has set in" (so negative connotation parin). There was a time they were talking about the girl going to Japan, and he actually had the nerve to say, "promise me you'll wear something naughty" complete with naughty wink emoticons (who says that to a friend?!). Probably the worst I discovered with the same girl is that they were chatting while he was on a business trip and he actually shared with the girl na he finds the local girls there hot and that if he wasnt married/ committed lang, he might have actually approached one (for sex)--- "baka pwede", he said. Sa akin, he told me the girls there are ugly (yes, big fat LIE). Of course, this set my temper through the roof when i found out. A good guy i have committed to, and given up everything for, ganyan pala mag-isip. Wala man ginawa, madumi pala utak. Sirang-sira ang image nya sakin. I cried all day and night. Unfortunately, we are already married.
Then, to another friend, who happens to be a sexytary of some sort at his office, he keeps chatting, also dropping or sharing naughty lines, kahit sa sobrang daming messages nya e di naman nagrereply yung girl masyado.
What bothered me of course aside from all the wrong interactions is that there are days when he doesnt even text me while im at work, pero ganito pala ang chats nya with "friends" nya on Viber and FB. A day after i saw these, i actually burst out and confronted him about it kasi sumasabog na dibdib ko. He admitted what he said pero pinalabas nya na wala lang daw yun. I said i have a problem with it and he said he wont do it na. To be completely honest, i had suicidal thoughts from feeling so bad that time and even thought of filing for annulment. Eventually, i got over it before i even completed my research on what papers are needed to file one.
Earlier this week, i saw my name pop out again in one of his Viber chats. "I'm not saying si (my name) ha" was what it read. Obviously, he's confiding in other people again, about me. I dont get bakit hindi nalang nya sabihin sa akin kung anuman problema nya. It gets me so much more mad when he would tell this to other people (pati reputation ko sa mga yun, affected) without telling me anything! Kung nagsisisi sya about our marriage, or that i dont come home as early as him, or give him as much sex as he wants, or whatever other reason it is that i dont know, then he can just say it and I will easily go. Ang hirap tumira sa isang bahay with a person who just keeps confiding in other people pero pag kinonfront mo, say it's all ok and deny you the chance to do anything about it. Mas passionate pa sya sa mga chat relationships nya and so-called platonic friends kesa sakin. I love him of course, but I cannot stand how he isn't working to make our marriage better. While we get along okay, i dont want to be the only one working for a better marriage.
Right now, a part of me wants to prepare for a possible annulment (just as a Plan B, you never know), and part of me wants to seek counseling to save it. But i cant do it alone. Just to clear, i am not after any money, or property--- I could not care less about getting anything material from him, I just want a chance to have a real, committed marriage with a devoted partner. I have no clue on the first step to take in seeking annulments.
You know what's sad about this? Before we got engaged, i was actually with a guy who was just DYING to marry me. Pero binalikan ko yung long-time boyfriend and best friend ko (sya) because i couldnt learn to trust the new guy in such a short span of time, and i trusted that my best friend was the right person to marry. If there's one of us to feel resentful, then it should be me and not him. pero ako, fully committed ako sa choice ko.
I would appreciate anyone's advice on what you think I can or should do. Please let me know.
Thank you!