Author Topic: Duterte for 2016 [Thread 2]  (Read 38674 times)

geekgurl

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Duterte for 2016 [Thread 2]
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2016, 02:24:40 pm »
Galing ako greenhills kahapon.
Nakabili ako ng 2 Duterte shirts.
Yung ibang candidate walang binebentang shirts, kay Duterte lang talaga.

Tsaka halos mga vendors doon makaDuterte din.
Nakakatuwa.

Sana mas madami pang celebrities na magsupport at  magendorse kay Digong.

Last tuesday naman, nagwatch kame ng friend ko ng gig ng Mocha girls sa Resorts World Bar 360 at kinanta nila yung song ni Duterte.
"Travel light, live light, spread the light, and be the light

young_maiden

• Super GirlTalker
  • Love yourself.
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2016, 11:45:35 pm »
Nandito siya sa province namin kanina. Box office ang campaign rally niya. Sa airport pa lang dinumog na siya. Hindi na kami nakapagpicture isa-isa with him kasi sobrang daming tao. Hinaharang na kami ng mga pulis.
The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2016, 02:06:48 pm »
Girls, what can you say about Digong´s bad rape joke?   I share ko lang a post about it ha.  Copy--paste ko na lang:

THAT BAD RAPE JOKE, DIGONG AND WHY I AM STILL A DUTERTARD
(This is a long post. Sorry.)

By now, the whole of social media and the mainstream media have smelled the rat and have made Digong´s rape joke video viral. If you have not seen it, I will include the link at the end of this post., but first I hope you read through my rather long ramblings first.

A lot of people are now screaming foul. Saying that what Digong said was unforgivable. It is demeaning to women. "This is what we want for president? Someone who does not respect women?"
First let us admit it. THAT WAS A TERRIBLY BAD JOKE, Mayor Duterte. But before we become too quick to judge Digong for what was said in less than three seconds, do we even know the context in which that utterance was made?

1989 HOSTAGE TAKING AT THE DAVAO CITY JAIL
The story really began when a man named Federico Pugoy held up a bus full of passengers in Davao City. At knifepoint, Duterte was able to convince Pugoy to release the hostages in exchange for himself. Pugoy then ended up detained at the Davao City Jail.

In 1989, while in the Davao City Jail, Pugoy and some of the prisoners, took hostage an Australian group of ministers. Accounts showed that some of the missionaries were raped. The hostage taking lasted for 48 hours. An ensuing shootout led to the death of all hostage takers and 5 of the 17 Protestant missionaries. One of them was the Australian woman,Jacqueline Hammil, the purported subject of Digong´s joke above.

That joke made by Digong was crass, foul, and truly bad. And indeed Digong should owe up to that bad joke. But the context of that joke came from the vile events of the 1989 Davao City Jail incident, one of his earliest fights against criminality.
So let´s think for a minute here. We can see the trees ( i.e. Digong´s crass jokes), but did we even stop to see the forest?

I personally would want to Digong to apologize for that joke, but it will not sway my belief in him as a good leader. Hindi naman ako naghahanap ng perfect na leader, sablay talaga sya minsan sa pagjojoke lalo na considering how the semantics of the Visayan dialect can sometimes get lost in the translation to Tagalog.

The woman in me is offended by his jokes, but what matters most to me is the track record he has in protecting women´s rights. In 2012, even while the RH Bill has not been passed, Davao was already giving out free contraceptives. He has passed city directives protecting in women. And the women´s correctional facility in Ma-a, Davao City , aptly called the Ray of Hope village was built, with the help of Gawad Kalinga, to provide the women prisoners a semblance of home and remind the prisoners of what lays beyond. The facility has 10 duplexes, a multipurpose hall, a nursing room and other amenities for children and mothers. Now, do we have anything close to this in Manila or in Bilibid?
So Digong should apologize. For his jokes. But in the grand scheme of things, it is the actions that are more important, more than flowery words or pretensions of decency. I would rather have a leader who slips in his words, than someone who f*cks up his mandate. Or is Corrupt. Or has no track record to speak of.

I am a woman. I am offended by that rape joke. But I am still for Digong, crass jokes, putanginas and all.

springblossom

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2016, 02:32:10 pm »
^sis, i want to know when and where did he exactly make the joke?
"I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.
 I believe in love, even when i do not feel it.
 I believe in God, even when He is silent."

(These lines were found scrawled on a cellar wall in Cologne which was destroyed by bombing in WWII.)

latte

• GirlTalker
  • Always in the vortex
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
^^I still want him to be my President, Yes, many times tactless sya BUT that is him, walang pakitang Tao. What you see is what you get. Wala namang perpektong Tao. He knows how to apologize kapag na point out sa kanya na Naka offend sya ng Tao. Kung yan ang kahinaan Nya Kaya Kong tangggapin kesa naman Kay MAR na sobrang PLASTIC! Yung mismong mga Tao na sa Tacloban na naka witness ng pangyayari ang nagsasabing Wala syang nagawa during Yolanda Pero until now he is still trying his best na marami syang natulungan etc. HELLO! T@ng@ ba Kami?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:39:04 pm by latte »

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2016, 02:38:35 pm »
^^sis springblossom, it was made a few days ago, april 12 or 13,  sa Amoranto Stadium at the tailend of the sortie, here´s the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEkpGom00M

springblossom

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »
^thanks sis. sabi ng pinsan ko taga davao nakalimutan daw yung part kung saan sinabi ni duterte that he offered himself in exchange for the hostages. nagfocus nalang sa bad joke.

i dont justify his joke. it was really a BAD joke. still voting for him though. i agree with bruce rivera, a bad life is much worse than a bad joke. and i seriously believe that if any one of  the 3 (poe, binay, mar) will win, philippines will be stuck with this bad life. cayetano is right. if we keep voting for the same type of trapos, we should not expect a different outcome.

(These lines were found scrawled on a cellar wall in Cologne which was destroyed by bombing in WWII.)

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2016, 04:10:58 pm »
Well the rape joke it was in baste taste i must admit BUT..... That doesnt change my mind about him as a leader. He must or should say sorry for that joke. But that doesnt make him less a person. At keast di corrupt, di pasimpleng mangungupit.

A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

reenabautista

• GirlTalker
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2016, 04:18:27 pm »
^thanks sis. sabi ng pinsan ko taga davao nakalimutan daw yung part kung saan sinabi ni duterte that he offered himself in exchange for the hostages. nagfocus nalang sa bad joke.

whew! buti nalang na may sinabi si duterte na he offered himself in exchange...  na-offend ako at first. i must admit na na-off ako. pero sana naman pina kumpleto yung statement niya para di na misinterpret :)

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2016, 04:40:37 pm »
Sis reena election day is fast approaching so they are trying to find more issues to throw against Duterte. Di ba may mga interview sya na di nilabas ng buo about his platform... Why? For me I think is to make him look bad, make him look a candidate without concrete plan on how to improve our country. But that doesnt make my mind change. i would still vote Duterte :)
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

reenabautista

• GirlTalker
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2016, 04:55:13 pm »
^ nakita ko kasi sa fashionpulis. then naisip ko na pro MAR pala itong si fp.

ilovejdy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2016, 04:55:27 pm »
I don't get why most people tend to forget about santiago when reasoning for duterte.
I get that roxas binay and poe don't have what it takes to be a good president but what about MDS?

To be honest I am down between duterte and santiago. In terms of KAKAYAHAN and Qualifications it was a close fight. In fact if this were a job interview... It will all go down to how this 2 applicants represent themselves and how they answer questions related to the position they applied for -since pareho naman sila maganda background.

I hope duterte find a better campaign manager. I mean all the issues thrown at him eh puro salita lang naman niya (the cursing, the bayot,& now the rape joke). If only he stopped from utteering such things wala naman mababato laban sa kanya sana and it would've been a sure win for him.

shygirlme

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2016, 05:05:22 pm »
my whole family is Duterte even my inlaws. Dahil nag number 1 na si Duterte expected na namin madaming issues na ilalabas mga kalaban. Like now, yung video about Australian na na rape, then I saw sa FB may nagshare sa pagiging number 1 smuggler daw sa Davao ng eldest son ni Duterte. kahit ano pa ibato nila solid Duterte kami.

springblossom

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2016, 06:39:52 pm »
I don't get why most people tend to forget about santiago when reasoning for duterte.
I get that roxas binay and poe don't have what it takes to be a good president but what about MDS?

To be honest I am down between duterte and santiago. In terms of KAKAYAHAN and Qualifications it was a close fight. In fact if this were a job interview... It will all go down to how this 2 applicants represent themselves and how they answer questions related to the position they applied for -since pareho naman sila maganda background.

I hope duterte find a better campaign manager. I mean all the issues thrown at him eh puro salita lang naman niya (the cursing, the bayot,& now the rape joke). If only he stopped from utteering such things wala naman mababato laban sa kanya sana and it would've been a sure win for him.

i think Duterte is not scared to lose the presidency. that's what make him different. i don't think he underwent personality development when he decided to run for president. he doesn't practice his speech. he talks to people as he is. he's a no-filter guy and it frustrated me too. but at least, i know he's an honest person and i know what he has been doing in davao from people who actually live there.

gusto ko din si santiago. its true silang dalawa lang ni duterte ang worth considering to be our next president. but mas lamang lang talaga si duterte sa kin ngayon.

rensky

• GirlTalker
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2016, 08:38:20 pm »
Bad Joke or Bad Life? Duterte pa rin all the way!!!

imyourangel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2016, 09:31:21 pm »
Duterte pa rin. Yes it was a bad joke, but still it doesn't change my mind...

shygirlme

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2016, 10:04:22 pm »
Gawa kesa Salita!

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2016, 10:17:49 pm »
Digong explaining the context behind that joke.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm835bxNyjk&feature=youtu.be

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • To God be the Glory!!!
    • Blog
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2016, 12:40:21 am »
I watched the video, and nakakatakot talaga siya. The kind of leader na mangangatog ka talaga pag hindi mo sinunod.  Parang nakikinig lang ako sa tatay ko..
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

latte

• GirlTalker
  • Always in the vortex
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2016, 07:07:10 am »
Sabi nga ni Pastor Ed Lapiz

Society loves
- appearances more than reality.
- the clothes more than the real skin.
- the finesse of the tongue more than the truthfulness of the heart.
Society loves sugar coats, so deceivers
- sugar-coat their poison.
- dress their wolves like sheep.
- cloak their dark intentions with shining garments.
- paint their tombs white to hide rotting bones inside.

Matthew 23:25-26 (NIV) Jesus:
“Woe to you,...hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence...First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close