Author Topic: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8  (Read 49743 times)

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #240 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:52 am »
i was once a gate crasher. :( years ago, my lola was one of the PS in a tagaytay wedding. eh lola and lolo wanted us (my mom and i) to go with them para makapagtagaytay and batangas na din kami after. so, imbis na 3 pax lang sila (lolo, lola and driver), naging additional 2pax pa. ang good thing that time, kinukulit ata talaga ni bride (relatives din sila) si lola regarding sa kung ilan ang aattend sa side nya. from what i know, nasabihan naman si bride and groom na +2 sila lola. kasi that time, kinukulit din kami ni lola na sumama. haha. actually, hindi ko na kilala yung bride and groom, but since oldies na sila lola, sumama ako para sa gala before and after the kasal. haha. btw, we paid for our own accommodations. 3 days yun bali, a day before the wedding, on the day and after the day. so, naggala lang talaga kami nila lola. hahaha.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #241 on: October 04, 2016, 04:39:08 pm »
Hi girls,

8 months before our wedding and I just got diagnosed with beginning Adenomyosis :( It's a condition where the lining of the uterus gets thicker causing pelvic pain, heavy bleeding, and worse, difficulties in sustaining pregnancy. It gets thicker every time I get my period. Im still on the early stage so I dont feel those symptoms yet but to stop its progression, my OB suggested I take birth control shots. It would make me period free and stop the lining in get thicker while I'm not yet ready to have a baby. You see, we can't try to get pregnant now even if we want to. Fiancee lives in Canada and I plan to join him there shortly after our church wedding. Anyway, I'm now reading stuff about Adenomyosis and effects of birth control shots. OB recommended Depo Provera to be exact.

I'm particularly worried on two of its popular effects: weight gain and mood swings. I just changed my wedding gown designer and the design I have now is suited for slender bodies. Ang arte pero I really want a slim and toned body when I wear my wedding dress. I gave up some money from my former designer so I could book this new supplier. Also, the designer's forte is really simple but sexy silhouette and not so much on beadings and ball gown/frou frou styles. I'm really hoping exercise and healthy diet can counter the potential weight gain. Lastly, I hope I'll be hiyang with the shots as I don't think mood swings can help me with all the wedding and migrations preps in the coming months :(

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »
^I'm sorry to hear that Sis. The baby will be conceived in God's perfect time. Focus first on your recovery sis. I hope your condition will get better soon.
As to the couturier, basta san ka masaya, go!
We gave up on our booked videographer too. We have to let go of the 10k deposit. But we're not thinking too much about it. Naiipon naman yung pera. Basta all suppliers should fit our taste and style. ☺️

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2016, 05:21:21 pm »
Sad to hear your story sis rowan but don't worry you can overcome this. Just think of the positive vibes and let go of small things that makes u stress. Chaka nakakataba din pala mastress. You can try yoga as form of exercise nakakapayat na siya nakakarelax pa.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #244 on: October 04, 2016, 05:58:43 pm »
^^ Sorry to hear about your condition. I'm sure it will all work out well not just for the wedding but for your marriage and family. :)

With birth control, yes it can cause weight gain pero not directly. It will not make you fat- the estrogen increases you appetite. This means you can still manage it. You just need to be mindful of what you eat and exercise of course.

I'm birth control and I did gain weight (5-8kg) in the course of 3.5 years. Pero when I started watching my diet and exercising, I lost some of it din.

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2016, 06:34:28 pm »
So sorry to hear that sis rowan, but I know everything will work out just fine.. Just pray for it. :) God heals.. :D And trust your doctor as well. :)

I agree kung saan ka happy, go for it! Mahirap may regrets sa wedding.. I'm also praying for the same na sana wala ako regrets sa mga booked suppliers ko kasi most of them are already 50% paid. :o

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2016, 07:24:12 pm »
^ so sorry to hear that too sis rowan, I believe in the power of prayers, i have heard a bunch of stories from my friends about not being able to conceive/difficulty of getting pregnan due to health concerns as well, but in God's perfect time, they all got pregnant eventually. Have faith  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:31:23 pm by maedonnas »

Nokie

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2016, 08:25:05 pm »
^Sis Rowan, in God's perfect time :) Saka don't worry, you'll still be the most beautiful in your wedding :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2016, 09:27:51 pm »
Exquisitegem, Lots-o, LilaFowler, Kdramaholic, Maedonnas, and Nokie,

Thanks for your kind and inspiring words! Your messages are actually very timely. Ive pretty much calmed down since learning about my condition but theres still a feeling of naiinip. Like I want to solve the problem asap but you guys are definitely right. I cant rush these things and I cant control everything. Whatever happens I know God and my fiancee will be at my side. Also, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm lucky my doctor caught it early. There's still lots of time to manage it. I just have to wait:)

Lots-o,

I actually practice yoga but just for exercise. I now plan to attend more classes per week. I guess this condition will now challenge both my body and spirit. Actually, I just came from class and the opening chants and prayers became more meaningful to me:)

Maedonnas,

Thanks for your optimistic stories! I definitely need it:)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2016, 09:00:40 am »
^Sorry to hear that! I hope your condition will improve and that everything will work out well!

Re. birth control.. I'm not sure if the shots work the same as the pill, but if ever the shot causes you to gain weight or have mood swings, maybe you could ask your doctor to see if she can switch you to another brand? You don't need to just "put up with it."  There are so many brands out there, and we all react differently to them. When I first started on the pill, it made me a bit nauseous and moody. So I changed brands, and I no longer experience any side effects. It might take some time, but I'm sure you'll be able to find one that works well for you.  Don't worry, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in your wedding gown!!

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2016, 10:32:49 am »
^Thanks for your insights Stella021817! I actually hoped pills will do for me coz I used to take pills and I already know the brand I'm hiyang with. Unfortunately my doctor said I can't use pills this time coz they still contain estrogen, a hormone I need to avoid with this condition. I read up on this and some articles confirm what she said. Anyway, Im still reading a lot about it so I know my other options. I'm also noting down all the questions I want to ask my OB in our next appointment. Im sure there are other brands in case Depo Provera has bad side effects with me. She just suggested it coz it's the cheapest injectable. Medyo stress lang kasi parang ngayon pa ko magttrial and error sa katawan ko with [textspeak!] while my wedding is coming up hehe. I constantly have to tell myself na better to do it now kaysa ipostpone after the wedding and lumala pa. I'll surely regret it in the future. Thanks again!:)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2016, 10:39:35 am »
^I hope you won't experience any bad side effects once you start the shots then! And yes, it's very bad timing, but it's always best to take care of your health and address any issues right away. Hoping that everything goes well for you!!

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2016, 11:08:30 am »
^sis Rowan so sad to hear this but I'm sure everything will be okay. Prayer is powerful, it always makes everything better. Don't worry too much sis, even if your appetite increase since you're doing yoga naman, you will not gain weight and you will still look stunning in whatever wedding gown  You have your bridesmaids and your family to assist you with wedding preps in case things gets stressful sis. This is a just a little bump along the way, you and your h2b will overcome it I'm sure.  :)

ms.pharmer

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2016, 04:22:47 pm »
I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as mine..

We are currently unable to decide on which date to be wedded. Huhu :'(
H2b's dad want it to be Oct 2017, because he says that h2b's grandmother is already too old (90y/o).
But his mom want it to be Either Dec 2017 or Jan 2018, so that her siblings from other countries can come home in the Phils and enjoy longer vacation. However, my mom doesn't want Dec 2017, because it the traffic is bad. We don't want the members of entourage and guests and most of all, the suppliers to get stuck in traffic and be late for the wedding.

We also can't choose Nov 2017 because according to fengshui, we are compatible with any of the dates in Nov (especially Sundays). My dad doesn't want it to be held on Saturday naman.  :'(

If we choose either Oct 2017 or Jan 2018, one of h2b's parents will get mad (aka tampo). And we could't settle for Dec 2017 too. Help!! :(

Because of this, we could not even book for any of the suppliers and even church and reception. :(

Isip ko tuloy, kami ba kaya talaga yun meant for each other?  :'(

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »
Stella021817 and MS_JanDel,

Yes girls I'm hoping for the best. I've already decided to go through the shots and I'll leave it all up to Him. Right now I'm not yet comfortable in talking about this condition to my friends so conversing about it with you guys is really a relief.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »
GT is very helpful. It serves as an outlet for us. Don't worry sis, we may not know you personally but we will include you in our prayers. Cheers to the comfort of strangers! 😘
Virtual hug sis. You'll get by. ☺️🙏🏻

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »
GT is very helpful. It serves as an outlet for us. Don't worry sis, we may not know you personally but we will include you in our prayers. Cheers to the comfort of strangers! 😘
Virtual hug sis. You'll get by. ☺️🙏🏻

I couldn't agree more. Sis Rowan, prayers and virtual hugs and kisses for you too.  :-*

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2016, 09:52:51 pm »
I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as mine..

We are currently unable to decide on which date to be wedded. Huhu :'(
H2b's dad want it to be Oct 2017, because he says that h2b's grandmother is already too old (90y/o).
But his mom want it to be Either Dec 2017 or Jan 2018, so that her siblings from other countries can come home in the Phils and enjoy longer vacation. However, my mom doesn't want Dec 2017, because it the traffic is bad. We don't want the members of entourage and guests and most of all, the suppliers to get stuck in traffic and be late for the wedding.

We also can't choose Nov 2017 because according to fengshui, we are compatible with any of the dates in Nov (especially Sundays). My dad doesn't want it to be held on Saturday naman.  :'(

If we choose either Oct 2017 or Jan 2018, one of h2b's parents will get mad (aka tampo). And we could't settle for Dec 2017 too. Help!! :(

Because of this, we could not even book for any of the suppliers and even church and reception. :(

Isip ko tuloy, kami ba kaya talaga yun meant for each other?  :'(
Hi sis, from your post, i think the better date is Dec 2017, don't let traffic be the reason why you can't wed on this date. There are lot of options to avoid traffic. Like make sure your venue and reception are just near to each other. As for your entourage, you can have the option of putting them into one hotel room, in case money is not a problem. But then again your ento are the people close to your heart, so they should make an effort to be there on time. And don't worry about the suppliers, just be sure to choose trusted suppliers. About the guests, there will always be late  ;D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:59:07 pm by maedonnas »

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2016, 04:55:12 am »
@ms.pharmer - You're taking into consideration everyone's preference pero which date would you prefer?

Out of all the dates you mentioned I prefer January 2018. Not too crowded and the weather is good. October can still be rainy. Like you, I hate Metro Manila traffic in December. It will be a pain going anywhere during that time, not just for the wedding.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #259 on: October 06, 2016, 06:24:41 am »
^I agree with sis LilaFowler. Of all the dates, parang January 2018 ang pinakamaganda. Well, it's your wedding kaya dapat din na hindi kayo yung nagaadjust for everyone. Those who are dear to you will find ways naman to be there on your special day. Stop worrying too much sis. Kayo dapat ni h2b ang magdecide nyan. ☺️

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close