Author Topic: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8  (Read 49568 times)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »
^Thanks sis Chili1113. It didn't show na your hubby didn't like the barong. He still looked dapper in his :) 

As much as I want to delegate his barong to his mum. Unfortunately, I can't. They haven't even sorted out what they will wear despite the fact na we have been constantly reminding them since February pa. Plus I learned that they actually handed out our save the dates to their side of the family a bit too late na (some nga hindi pa nahahand out), despite giving it to them December of last year pa.  Kaya I can't hand it over to them. hehe.

My husband is still in LA kaya I have no choice but to sort this out myself. Our only saving grace is that our barong fabric supplier is really good. They also recommended Exclusively His to us. We thought they closed because we thought that the one in Katipunan was the only branch. We were so wrong. We  were even able to purchase Filipiniana pina abaniko fans for a good price from our barong  fabric supplier as well.  Now I am thinking of buying some for our female PS as well. And just give the cheap sandalwood fans to the entourage.  Having the barong made in about 2.5 weeks prior sa wedding is quite a gamble, but we were reassured by Bambi na kaya naman.  Plus I really just can't fathom na ganun yung susuotin ng hubby ko tapos ako maganda (kapal lang, kahot super simple lang din ng gown ko hehe)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2016, 06:21:18 pm »
^Oh no! Hehhe but its a good thing it seems like you sorted it out already. =) =) I hope it all turns out well MissusO!!! You fan idea sounds really nice. Hahah I gave spanish fans to my entourage also, and the only thing they commented is they wish the got it before the reception and cocktails so they could all use the matching fans together during pictures haha.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2016, 06:58:47 pm »
^hahha.. they do have a point ;) I will have Ayie (or whoever she assigns to go to the church early) to have it placed sa parents, PS, and female entourage pews. San Antonio de Padua is not airconditioned kasi. Plus this unbearable heatwave that's happening now. Baka isumpa ako ng mga guests ko hehe. The rest will have DIY cardboard fans naman. :) 

Buti na lang talaga, we chose the barong fabric supplier na taga Divi, instead of dun sa Lomban Laguna. Imagine our horror siguro to travel all the way and just to let the tailor not follow instructions.

For those na humahanap ng good barong fabric supplier, I do recommend Mrs. Chua's store.  Mabait sila and madaling kausap. Plus they do sell good barong cloth as well. I compared the prices dun sa taga Lumban and kina Mrs. Chua, nearly the same ang price. :D

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »
I hate the fact that my mother wants me to invite people who I don't think matters match to me or to my relationship with my fiance to the wedding simply because they are relatives and "magtatampo if hindi naimbitahan".

Well, tinanggap ko na lang na I'd rather lose the battle and win the war. Kasi sigurado ako na my mother would act out on the wedding day if di siya napagbigyan kahit papaano.

Anyways, I'll express my ire in a subtle way. We'll be having a Harry Potter wedding and our table names will be places in the HP universe so all those people na napilitan lang talaga ako invite will be seated at the "Azkaban" table. lol

bollin_pop

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 08:57:36 pm »
Ang hirap ng position mo Sis peachlipstick on inviting guests..
Ako rin ang dami naming 'Kamag-anak' and we can't afford to invite them all!
Ang hirap din.. waah

I just need to stick on the original plan of limited guests lang talaga.

BTW, Panalo sis yung theme mo! I have no theme pa in mind but yours is unique.
If I'm your guest, matutuwa ako.. HP fan kasi ako.. hehe :)
 

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 09:50:29 am »
^^Same here, potterhead din, and I love it! Too bad hindi ko ma-aapply yan sa wedding ko.. don't think the parents will agree.. Love the azkaban idea, subtle!

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2016, 03:15:55 pm »
Hooray for HP fans! :)

sis bollin_pop, ang hirap talaga lalo na we wanted an intimate wedding sana.

Ako din sis, binigyan ko na lang mama ko ng limit sa number of guests and bilang kami naman ni h2b ang magbabayad sa kasal,wala na siya magawa sa limit na 6 per family lang.

sis meixin, wala ng nagawa si h2b sa Harry Potter theme, we'll splash some elements of Star Wars din para daw may persona niya din. lol Sabi nga sa akin ni h2b ang dali i-search ng Azkaban at malaman na wizard prison baka magalit daw si mama. Sabi ko na lang pwede namang No. 4 Privet Drive para mas subtle. Hahaha

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2016, 03:44:21 pm »
or maybe little hangleton? kung san pinanganak si voldy :D
ooh! I got it! Room of Requirement!! dahil "required" ni motherrrr hehe
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:48:12 pm by meixin »

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2016, 06:27:01 pm »
Guest list din ang problem namin. My mom keeps on adding people on the guest list. Sabi nya di naman daw pupunta and formality lang. Eh sabi ko nga... Paano kung magpunta? Di naman pwedeng bawiin.

May room naman in terms of budget kaya lang di ko naman masyadong kilala yung ibang guest na gusto nya. Mga relatives na once every 5 years lang nakikita. Also, nakakahiya kay FI dahil 25 lang guest nya ako nasa 60 na and still going.

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2016, 08:27:52 am »
^siguro sis remind mo mom mo kung ilan lang target number of guests nyo based sa capacity ng venue and per contract with caterer. At yung list, better also to prepare list based on total number of guests.

When we were finalizing our guest list,  kung 230 ang target, may list kami na 1-230. Yung 1-30 dun kami nakalista bride groom entourage. [textspeak!] 31-230 nakalista guests namin ni hubby na as much as possible groups of 10 para isang table na kagad sila. Highschool friends, 20. College friends, 20. Officemates, 40. Nung maraming sobra,  thats the only time we allowed our parents to invite family friends na gusto nila iinvite.

1 week before the wedding, 200 guests lang ang nagconfirm. Di na kami nag invite ng 30 more people to replace the guests who declined. Afterall yung mga nasa list lang naman talaga ang mga close samin na gusto namin iinvite. Come wedding day maraming food para sa lahat. Pati suppliers nakakain sa buffet, may mga pasaway pa na maybitbit na +1. Pero nakakain naman lahat. At lahat naman may upuan.

sixseveneight

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2016, 10:44:04 am »
^hahha.. they do have a point ;) I will have Ayie (or whoever she assigns to go to the church early) to have it placed sa parents, PS, and female entourage pews. San Antonio de Padua is not airconditioned kasi. Plus this unbearable heatwave that's happening now. Baka isumpa ako ng mga guests ko hehe. The rest will have DIY cardboard fans naman. :) 

Buti na lang talaga, we chose the barong fabric supplier na taga Divi, instead of dun sa Lomban Laguna. Imagine our horror siguro to travel all the way and just to let the tailor not follow instructions.

For those na humahanap ng good barong fabric supplier, I do recommend Mrs. Chua's store.  Mabait sila and madaling kausap. Plus they do sell good barong cloth as well. I compared the prices dun sa taga Lumban and kina Mrs. Chua, nearly the same ang price. :D

Sis, saan ka nag paprint ng cardboard fans and saan. Nakabili ng handle? :) you have pics ba?

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2016, 01:21:21 pm »
Major problem in the start is kung saan kami ikakasal. I am not a Catholic but he is. But then, settled na yun.

Now, while having wedding preps. more on dilemmas nalang:
- color motiff?
- type of gown?
- emcee?

For the guests naman, we decided to limit it by 150. I have relatives abroad who already pledged na uuwi sila for our wedding despite the fact that I haven't invited them yet. Well, maybe they are just happy for me. Some, hindi kasama sa original guest list ko, so siguro, magtrade nalang ako ng ibang tao for them to attend.. Well, minsan ganon talaga ang life.   ::)

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2016, 02:51:29 am »
Not really a big problem.. But yung mga guests who can't commit to going yet. We haven't done the official rsvp yet, but we reached out via save the date na & asked for their addresses para to mail our invites. Our wedding is less than 2 months away. Diba you'd know if you'd be able to go to an event by now? It's not like going out for lunch with friends that you'll feel lazy to go last minute. And what's annoying pa is they're out of town & country guests. You should have bought your ticket by diba? Yayamanin lang, last minute bibili ng plane ticket? Ugh 🙄

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2016, 08:39:56 am »
I really wanted na careerin yung wedding favors and invitation, but then when I read this thread, naisip ko oo nga naman they don't pretty much care about the invitation, sa una lang maganda pero tatapon din, plus wedding favors, gusto ko sana yung may iuuwi sila na madami! haha! Magsesettle na lang ako sa macarons or cupcakes, anything edible.

bridezilamnl

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2016, 09:28:29 am »
Hi guys! Went on a wedding prep hiatus but now am back since we're 4 months away. I just had a fight with my parents kasi I casually mentioned to them that I'm looking at having the canope/shed in the church removed muna for our wedding since eyesore to us, to which the church agreed naman since I kind of befriended them. They got mad especially mom and went on saying na ang OA, arte-arte ko na. Pati yun issue pa. Okay Lang naman na wag ituloy if she just said it nicely. But I got pissed kasi parang my innocent statement sent her going furious and ang dami-daming sinabi. Parang her pent up feelings nilabas nya.I asked her what else I'm being maarte about because I have zero knowledge. She said she forgot but mentioned like the decor etc. I tell her my plans and agree ng agree sakin and all the while pala she thinks I'm being OA. I told her na those stuff were simply drawing palang and she said na how would know raw eh I'm not making kwento. At the back of my head, "precisely the reason why I refuse to kwento anymore". Parang if I share, may negative na sasabihin. If I keep quiet, daming hugot. When they give me advice, they think here being constructive or for my consideration when in fact they are imposing what they want. She even said, some people makasal lang masaya na. They think we're overspending and not caring about the after wedding stuff. We don't want to treat the wedding that way. It's not a "Lang" event. We've prepared and saved up for it. We're actually not overspending or being OA. I don't get why they just accept that we have a different view and way of treating the wedding. They have this way of conditioning me to do what they want. They they have a point, but we just want to exercise what we want and that's also the reason we're not asking help from them. But at the same time, we get their advice and inputs naman. Hassle I'm so down! I'm so confused!

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2016, 03:33:21 pm »
Siguro isa sa problems na naeencounter namin ngayon is yung guestlist. :(
Gusto kasing iinvite ng mom ko yung mga friends niya, and titos and titas from my father's side kahit more than 5 years ago na namin sila hindi nakakausap.
Sabi niya hindi naman daw pupunta yun, eh what if kung pumunta?

Then yung mga colleagues ko nagsself invite na sa wedding namin, iinvite daw namin sila (with their partners), wag daw namin kalimutan. To think na hindi naman kami close.

I don't know if this is a problem, pero meron akong kawork, i think same year kami ikakasal, we're not close pero since parehas kaming ikakasal and same place kami, minsan napag uusapan namin yung about sa wedding preparations. Tuwing tatanungin niya ko, kung  ano na naprepare ko, lahat ng suppliers na sinasabi ko may bad comments siya. For example, tinanong niya video supplier namin, eh di sinabi ko. Sabi niya hindi naman daw niya kilala yun. Yung venue/caterer namin, sabi niya ayaw niya daw dun sa venue ko kasi maliit, tapos yung caterer ko daw ayaw niya din kasi hindi daw siya nasasarapan sa food. Gustong gusto ko na sabihin na di naman siya makakapunta dun at hindi naman niya matitkman yung food sa araw ng wedding ko dahil di naman siya invited!!! Hays kainis lang.

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2016, 05:40:34 pm »
^^^ sis Chili1113 i wanna see your wedding. I feel like success ang wedding mo! :) Pwede mo ba ishare? hehe!

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2016, 06:48:55 pm »
^yes sis, kaya after nun talaga, as much as possible ayaw ko na makipag usap sa kanya ng tungkol sa wedding. Ineenjoy ko na lang ang preparations hehe.

Ako din minsan gusto ko na magtampo sa friends/bridesmaids ko, minsan sinasabi nila na ayaw na nila maging bridesmaids dahil ayaw nila mag gown. :( I don't know if its a joke pero minsan nakakastress kasi. Pero yun nga, kailangan maging patient nalang.

lakwatchera

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2016, 11:34:16 pm »
my problem naman mga sis is my future MIL, hiwalay na kasi sila ng dad ni H2B for about 20 yrs now, they are both happy naman with their current partners, they have filed an annulment i think about 15 yrs ago but got denied, hindi na nila inasikaso because both didn't want to pay all the legal fees na naman.  also, they have not seen each other in 15 yrs, so nung nalaman ni MIL na ikakasal na kami, the initial reaction was "nako makikita ako ng Papa mo, mag diet nako bukas!" wala man lang congrats. haha, anyway, a few weeks after sinabi naman niya samin na nag decide nadaw sila ng partner niya to tie the knot nadin, nothing grand, sa embassy lang daw. medyo nag alala ako kasi January 2017 ang kasal namin ng anak niya, tapos ngayon she wants to rush the whole annulment thing with H2B's dad and get married sa boyfriend niya ngayon. wala naman kami tutol, nag aalala lang ako kasi hello June na, matapos kaya yung annulment and pag papakasal this year? baka mamaya mag Sukob naman sa kasal namin, sabi naman ni H2B pamahiiin lang daw yun kaso, nakaka takot padin kasi yung parents niya sukob din sa kapatid ni father in law, diba sabi pag sukob daw yung isang marriage hinde mag tatagal. oh diba, nagkataon yung marriage ng parents niya nag fail? any thoughts mga sis? i know ang topic natin ay marriage, kaso my idea ba kayo kung aabot ang annulment ng in laws ko before the year ends? mukang hinde talaga mag papa awat si MIL kasi.. :-\

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Problems You Encounter Wile Planning Your Wedding Part 8
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2016, 12:54:00 am »
^^hi sis lakwatchera, I don't think it's considered sukob if your MIL gets married in 2017 too, diba it only applies to siblings?  Not sure ha.  But from what I've heard, annulments in the Philippines take YEARS to finalize (if you're lucky).  If I were in your shoes, I'd let the MIL do her own thing, plan her wedding and stuff, because I don't think their annulment would get finalized right away, baka nga 2018 pa.  Just convince her na she has to make sure that the annulment is set and just bank on the painfully slowly legal system to take its sweet time.  hehe.  That's what I would do sis.  Don't let it stress you out.

Last year, my fiance's brother (my future BIL) found a girlfriend nung August and he wanted to marry her din this year.  I didn't even stress about it kasi their relationship was so whirlwind and volatile na I was confident they were not gonna last.  True enough, they broke up before Christmas, so no more sukob. Hahaha!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close