Author Topic: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5  (Read 76725 times)

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
Tincywincy: thanks sis! Will check! ;)

exquisitegem: Hi sis, meron kami nakita houses for rent sa tagaytay area mga 8-10k per day. 2pm-12noon ata ang check in at check out time nila. Good for 25 persons. Pero hindi pa namin sila binbook. :) kelan wedding mo sis?

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2016, 10:37:30 pm »
^That's a good quote na for 25 persons. I'll look din sa AirBnB if may nagpaparent sa may Ayala Westgrove Heights mismo. Kasi dun malapit yung church and venue namin.
Feb 2017 yung wedding namin sis. :)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2016, 11:42:20 am »
we had our wedding preps at Manila Peninsula Hotel.

the bad side - we're not allowed to bring in food from outside. we discussed with our suppliers na lang prior to the wedding na magbibigay na lang kami ng food allowance and nagprovide din kami ng light snacks. on the day during preps, hubby was able to convince the manager to allow konting food from Jollibee for our family and friends na andun sa hotel. hindi allowed ang pictorial within the hotel PERO we were able to sneak in a few shots - nasa diskarte ng p/v team. ang ganda ng kinalabasan ng pics!

the good side naman - ang ganda ng hotel! we got 4 rooms - 1 suite for me and 3 deluxe rooms for the groom and our families. 16 adults kami lahat na andun! parang naging treat na rin namin sa kanila yung hotel staycation, dun palang ang dami na namin pictures. we were all on the same floor so hindi na nahirapan yung suppliers namin to go around. the suite was big enough with all the suppliers who came in and out of the room. since malapit lang yung hotel to our church (SSA), we had a lot of time for pictorials which is important since morning wedding kami. hindi nagmamadali and no more worrying about traffic. kumuha din kami ng pen card, sobrang nasulit namin yun. aside from the discount and freebies sa rooms, sinulit din namin yung promos for the restaurant. on our wedding night, nag dinner kami sa Old Manila (50% off) and the morning after naman brunch sa Escolta (free!). it was a great way to wrap up the wedding weekend.

jnoble

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2016, 04:45:17 pm »
Hello mga sissies, wala pa din kami hotel for our wedding on November this year. Hindi ko masyadong maconsider yung mga hotels in Pasig or Eastwood area kasi super traffic daw ngayon going to Antipolo. San kaya pwede? Our venue will be at The Mango Farm. Thanks. :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #224 on: September 23, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »
^ Sis checkout resorts in Antipolo or AirBnb. :) Yung cousin ko nun ang hotel nila Thunderbird Antipolo baka type mo. :)

bridezilamnl

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2016, 11:08:54 pm »
^ Our preps were done in Shangri-la Fort. I did not send a formal letter of intent. However I did email them and just printed their reply/permission which I gave copies to our photographer, videographer, and coordinator.

Here is what I emailed the hotel reservations:
Hello we are ready to book two suites. However we would like approval or permission to have quick photos taken by the staircase and a few public areas. Please note that we DO NOT plan to have a photo shoot here, but just a few minutes of pictures before the bride and groom leave for the ceremony. No heavy camera equipment will also be used and we will not be intrusive and only take 15 minutes at the most. 

We will be taking 90% of the pictures in the rooms, but just want a few pictures in some public spaces for variety of backdrops. This is really important to us and it is our primary consideration in choosing a hotel to book. I do hope you consent to this. 

--I sent this email after several back and forth emails regarding the price and availability. I hinted ever so slightly that I will not be booking unless the give us permission hehe =) I think they weren't strict that time as they had just opened a month before and were eager to have guests.

Thank you so much, Chili1113! I remember reading your experience and I had to make sure our hotel would allow us to shoot in some places in the hotel. We changed our prep to Discovery Primea and I assumed they'd be stricter but they allow naman provided I write a letter and pay a refundable security deposit. Did you also pay ba?

Thanks for the idea! I thought I had to specify the areas we will shoot!:)

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:36 am »
Hi sis bridezilamnl i might get discovery too. Which rooms will you be getting? Sabi din sakin di sila strict even outside food so sobrang plus sya sakin.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2016, 12:42:13 am »
bridezilamnl: Nope we didn't have to pay anything =) =) I am not sure now if the rules have changed from back in April when they had just opened and I was inquiring. (My wedding was mid-May). I was allowed to bring food, but then again the manager came to our room and said it wasn't allowed but he will let it go because apparently there was a miscommunication. I asked if I could bring food in for some suppliers an they said "yes," but apparently they thought it meant only bringing in food for like 5 people-- when hello I had to feed so many suppliers Eh photo team in my suite alone was already 5 pax.

This is why it is very important that all these things are documented. Better if you ask permission or inquire about food via email just so you have a copy of the conversation re food and photos.

Babydoll-

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2016, 05:32:52 pm »
Question, which hotel in Ortigas is nice for preparation venue (spacious rooms, nice view and ambiance for photoshoot, photo-op friendly, etc...)? We're choosing but not limited to the ff: Marco Polo, Richmonde, Oakwood. Thanks!  :)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2016, 08:31:24 pm »
Atlast! We're done booking our hotel for the wedding. We booked Seda Hotel in Nuvali (10 rooms) for the day before the wedding. And we booked all rooms in our reception venue para dun na kami sleep after the wedding. ☺️

maffy_b2b

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2016, 07:34:56 am »
Hello po, makikisali lang.  ;D Besides sa sofitel, lahat po ba ng hotels mentioned above ay may feature na grand staircase? Isa kasi talaga un sa mga hinahanap ko sa hotel for my wedding preps.

Do you have other suggestions of hotels na may grand staircase in Quezon City? Thanks! :D

mgvaa

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2016, 01:39:37 pm »
Hi! I finally decided to have my preps at Manila Hotel and I got their membership card. I am planning to sell these vouchers:

-vouchers for room upgrade (if you book a deluxe room na 9k, you can upgrade it to a suite room worth 16k)
-vouchers of special room rate for two consecutive nights (pwede ito i-convert into 2 rooms, 1 night each)

Sayang kasi since hindi ko na magagamit.
Vouchers are transferable and can be used until Sept 2017.

Hi sis blueberry14! I'm interested in your offer. I sent you a PM. Thanks!

rouged.ramen

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2016, 01:53:45 am »
Anyone booked the 3BR Executive from Ascott BGC for their wedding preps?  I tried to book one but nothing is available for August 2017 even if meron silang 14 units.  I emailed the Front Office regarding this and this is what they told me:

"I’m afraid that we only accept bookings for two bedroom/ three bedroom two weeks prior to your arrival date not unless available thru online travel agencies/website."

So ibig sabihin malabo talaga akong makakakuha ng advance booking for this?  I checked Agoda and Booking and wala din available. Ang hirap naman mag-risk if two weeks prior pa lang ako magbo-book.  Ascott BGC is the best option for us pa naman in terms of cost and space.

marbleslice

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:27 am »
^Ascott BGC was our preps venue too but I only booked 2BR for my preps area while Studio room for the groom. Hindi talaga nag aappear yung 3BR on their website even sa Agoda. We were able to book these rooms 6 months before the wedding date. Yes, ang risky nga kung 2 weeks before and most probably the rates will be higher na. And Ascott BGC gets fully booked pala - proven during our check in. Coz we inquired kung possible na same floor yung rooms pero hindi nila ma-accommodate our request.

By the way, the rates are cheaper if you register as an Ascott online member. And what's good about Ascott BGC is bago pa and outside food is allowed (easy for crew meals to be brought in) :)

chelvin26

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2016, 03:38:25 am »
Question, which hotel in Ortigas is nice for preparation venue (spacious rooms, nice view and ambiance for photoshoot, photo-op friendly, etc...)? We're choosing but not limited to the ff: Marco Polo, Richmonde, Oakwood. Thanks!  :)

Hi sis. Tita ko ang wedding prep nila sa sa Astoria Plaza. nice din naman yung room, spacious din, and the big curtains, :)

ask ko lang mga sis, my wedding will be in antipolo. Marcos Highway lang in Kingsville. My choices are
Eastwood Richmonde Hotel- napakaphotogenic nitong Hotel na ito. very suitable for wedding preps. Pero parang malayo from Eastwood to Antipolo.
Cloud 9 Resort and Hotel- nice din and malapit
Thunderbird Resort- maganda din pero malayo,

Hindi ko pa nakita ang mga rooms personally puro pics lang kaya medyo mahirap pa,, may nakapagbook na po ba sa inyu dito?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:42:11 am by chelvin26 »

rouged.ramen

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2016, 06:28:57 pm »
^^Booked our rooms na.  Yay!  Mali pala computation ko, mas mapapamahal pala kami if I get the 3BR and 1BR Premier compared to getting a Studio, 1BR Premier and 2BR Executive so I booked 3 rooms na agad-agad.  Yes registered online to get 10% discount, non-refundable nga lang. Haha!  Wala na naman siguro atrasan ang  wedding, P55,700k din yun e ;D

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2016, 01:14:59 am »
Handsdown the best hotel preps if you want a bayview is Conrad manila.
They are quite lax pa since medyo bago. No pictorial fee, crew meals are allowed, medyo nasita lang kami as in nagkasabay sabay na yung HMUA, Photo/Video team and coord but all well since i signed a pictorial form.

Im super glad my family understood the need for a suite room and not just overnight but 2nights! So pikitmata, we booked a 2BR suite with 190sqm!
I am imagining how chaotic the preps will be, so a suite is required---a must!

Conrad graciously upgraded our suite to a terrace suite!
The terrace pa lang fits about 100pax my gosh! And we need not go elsewhere for our pictorial as we literally have the sun, bay, city and ferris wheel view right outside our room. Amazing! 

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2016, 09:17:56 am »
Sis summer_princess anong room sa conrad ang binook mo? And how much? Marami kasi sila 2br db? Also planning to go for conrad. Still deciding if conrad, solaire,raffles, discovery primea. Gusto ko narin magbook ng hotel. 

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2016, 04:03:10 pm »
Any suggestions for Tagaytay hotels?

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: HOTEL (For Wedding preps) Part 5
« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2016, 04:04:20 pm »
@lots o

2BR Ambassador suite sis is ph26-27k/night. Very limited ang rooms na to, i believed they only have several rooms occupancy. Kaya na upgrade kami last minute sa terrace suit which they sell at Ph50k/night which we really cant afford na.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close