watch now

Author Topic: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5  (Read 41717 times)

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2017, 05:44:45 pm »
^  It was a one time investment.

If you are still young, (20's - early 40's) invest in equity funds.  It yields greater returns.  Even if it goes down, it's just paper loss.  It will eventually recover.  I've experienced the 2008 financial crisis.  All my mutual funds was negative.  I never got scared to withdraw them.  I always had the mentality that it's just paper loss.  You have to understand how mutual funds work so you will not panic if this happens.  And lastly after investing,  don't be obsessed on checking your fund often.  Just keep them there. 

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2017, 11:27:33 am »
^I agree with you. I'm on my mid 30's and thinking already of my retirement years. PSEI is on its high now. Will invest more when market goes down (kelan kaya ito, haha). When I started building up my MFs and buying only a small portion slowly when market was down, then that's the start when market is climbing high till now.

ikaela

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2017, 08:24:42 pm »
My first mutual fund account is with Philequity and I started with the minimum investment. Just kept putting in the minimum additional investment every month. Nasanay na ako na nagdedeposit lagi to the point na kahit alam ko na mas-okay mag-top-up the next week kasi all-time high this week, hindi ako mapakali at magdedeposit pa rin ako. The habit is ingrained deep into my psyche.

I opened another pooled fund about a year later. Then more when banks lowered the minimum investment for UITFs and COL finally introduced their COL Fund Source. I always do the same -- open with the minimum amount, deposit on a set date, then deposit more when I have extra or when it's my birthday.

Those pooled funds all together are at 7 digits this year. Hindi ko rin namalayan na ganun na sila kasi hinahayaan ko lang.

Pooled funds are the turtles in my portfolio -- slow but steady. Managed funds may not be as exciting as stock trading or doing business or buying/selling real estate, but they're sure to get you there.

geekchiq

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2017, 09:04:41 pm »
We have a mutual fund na gift nung wedding sa amin 6 years ago. Unfortunately, hindi naman naalagaan at hindi nadagdagan. pero we are planning to deposit kahit 1k lang per month regardless of market value. For long term investment naman. Sayang lang talaga. It's from PAMI.

And kapag nakaipon pa ulit. Planning to open from COL naman. :)

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »
^wow good wedding gift idea yan ah!  :D

scruffs

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2017, 08:37:03 am »
Ang galing naman sis vanity fair. I would like to also invest in MF to diversify.

Sis fruGalatte, long-term ang horizon ko.

So does it mean ba na need muna maghintay for the market to go down before magstart? Hehe

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2017, 11:28:04 am »
^it's really up to you, depends on your investment style. If you will read the post of sis ikaela above, she's investing monthly regardless of the market (be it up or down).

nessy

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2017, 11:54:48 am »
Question lang po. How much mag open ng MF sa sunlife? Gusto ko sana i-invest 13th month pay ko sa Mutual fund.

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2017, 12:42:26 pm »
^Hi, usually opening MFs is 5K or may 3K din yata depending on which MF you want to invest in.

Miss Granger

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2017, 01:20:26 pm »
Joining this thread for enlightenment regarding mutual funds. 

nessy

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2017, 06:36:02 am »
^Hi, usually opening MFs is 5K or may 3K din yata depending on which MF you want to invest in.

Hi. Thank you for your response sis. I read sa Sunlife P1000 promo lang yata nila yan ewan ko kung on going pa. Pero kung P5000 keri na rin lang kesa sa bank ko ilagay ms maganda nga sa MF n lang.

mint123

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2017, 01:38:58 pm »
Hi! I only have VUL from Sun Life but I've been doing some research in mutual funds investment. Can you tell me if my plan below is good?

I have 40k that I would like to invest:
   
1. Use 20k to start an Equity Fund in Philequity then monthly top-up of 10k. This will be my retirement fund. Is it better to invest directly in Philequity or in COL?
2. Use 10k to start a BDO UITF then monthly top-up of at least 1k. No specific purpose for this fund. Just want to invest in UITF.
3. Use 10k to start a car maintenance/travel/'luho' fund then monthly top-up of at least 1k. Can you suggest which kind of fund is best for this?

Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:48:42 pm by mint123 »

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2017, 12:03:35 pm »
^You might consider investing in Balanced Fund too since you have Equity Funds on your choice #1.

Annie M.

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2017, 01:56:03 pm »
I have stopped investing in mutual funds in favor of index funds, kasi na-shock ako sa fees ng mutual funds. I did some research online and found that a 3.5% fee sa mutual fund vs 1.5% sa index fund can mean the difference between your 100,000 becoming 500,000 in an index fund or just 350,000 in a mutual after 20 years (assuming an average of 7% return) dahil sa dami ng fees.

This is just me, though. I recommend you also do your own research and do what feels right for your goals.

[mint]

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:42 am »
^Is index fund = UITF?

@eischied_21 - May I ask why? Thanks!

eischied_21

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2017, 11:50:32 am »
^Index fund is a type of fund to track PSIE. The goal of this is to outperform the index by picking sectors and securities they believe will outperform in the future.

Balanced fund is a combination of both equity and bonds fund so less risk compared to Equity. Search google which are the top Equity and Balanced Funds should you decide to invest on these two.

ning kuting

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »
Recently, I opened a dollar denominated UITF to diversify. I have one local equity mutual fund that I'm cost averaging, and one UITF na lump sum na part equity rin. Both long term. Masyado nang madami positions ko sa local stock market kaya nag USD na ko para global equities naman. Although syempre aside from the usual market risks, may currency risk din ito kasi you're investing using another currency. Gusto ko next as Asian equities kasi maganda ang projection ng economy  ng Asian countries specially ASEAN.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:05:36 pm by ning kuting »

keilu

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2018, 02:27:53 pm »
what i really wanted to know though .. does the PhilEquity Dividend Yield Fund (got mine at COL) gives out dividends? or its incorporated in the fund and the percentage increase (if any) from the time  you bought to the time  you sell is the result of the dividends the investment got?

shinies

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2018, 04:15:13 pm »
Walang dividends.

keilu

  • Guest
Re: Mutual Funds - Thread # 5
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2018, 05:49:10 pm »
thanks... does UITF give dividends though? sabi kasi sa friend ko sa BPI, yun isang UITF investment nya will give out dividends. thank you

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close