Author Topic: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)  (Read 114296 times)

ANJFinally

  • Guest
OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:34:39 pm »
Sissies new house na tayo before ma lock yung Part 4

Dito tayo galing:
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=289556.new;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:36:39 pm by ANJFinally »

ANJFinally

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:11:13 pm »
^I think the coordinator chok41 reviewed but then deleted his/her review was Absolutely Knot Events under a certain Ms. Kim =)

Sorry I cannot recall what was written, but basically I addressed most of the points that were brought up. I think that the coordinator also had misgivings and mistakes. But I also think many things were blamed on the coordinator which I think should've been more the responsibility of the corresponding suppliers.

OMG, AK Event is our coord. Bakit nya kaya binura yung post nya? Sayang kasi pwede ko to ilapit kay Ms. Kim para naman next time, they'll be more aware. Sya palang ang nag iisang nakitaan ko ng bad review for AK Event, i even got the chance to discuss with some of their former couples thru FB and nag ask ako ng detailed review straight from them before I book Ms. Kim. I heard nothing but praises. Meron pa silang couple na weeks after the wedding, nag group lunch pa sila kasi sobrang thankful ng couple for their coord.

How sad naman about this. Sana naman mag post sya ulit so we can talk about it, if may mali man ang coord, we can easily address it to them so they can improve pa or ma look after yung issues. =(

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:29:31 pm »
nabasa ko yung post sis, according to her,

1. may problema sa gown/petticoat ng bride
2. delayed delivery of mannequin
3. lunch na nauna pa kumain ang coordinator bago hatidan ng pagkain ang groom (?)
4. groom told his assistant na tawagan ang assistant ni bride kase traffic, baka malate on the way, the assistant said na wala siya load pantawag.
5. marching na ang entou nang malaman na wala pa pala ang p/v team, so inulit ang marching, practice lang daw yung nauna. ???
6. exchange vows, na nanawagan pa si father kase hindi Makita/ hindi alam kung nasan ang assistant ni bride, hawak nya ang fone ni bride at dun nakasulat ang vow
7. pictorial sequence
8. bridal march song with lyrics na ang request nila ay instrumental

not exactly ganyan sis ha, pero ganyan ang pagkakaintindi ko.

may mga points na parang hindi nga naman fault ni coord iyun, pero for safe side sis, raise your concern and worries nalang kay coord mo. :)

ANJFinally

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 07:50:16 pm »
^thanks for this sis. I hope I can get in touch with him / her. Sana man lang, naibigay nya yung wedding date nya para naman kapag nagsabi ako kay Ms. Kim, she can easily figure it out kung kaninong wedding sila nagkulang. Sobrang vague naman kasi, tapos binura pa yung post.

I checked AKE's FB Page kung may nag bad review naba mula nung nabasa ko to, but so far wala pa naman. Hayyyss!

Grabe pa naman yung mga issues na shinare nya, which is kung totoo man dapat maaksyunan to avoid future damages sa mga susunod na couples.  :-\

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »
^Dagdagan ko sis ece, pinakanagstand-out for me is the "confrontation of the coord sa groom because sumama daw ang loob ng parents ng groom sa sequence ng picture taking". Medyo marami yatang pictures muna with the bride's family members bago natawag ang groom side.

I'm not saying hindi nagkamali the coords but I think that they could have done better and went the extra mile for the couple (i.e., doon sa videographer na makikisakay daw).

I wonder why the post got deleted though.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »
oo nga why it is deleted? haba pa naman non binasa ko pa hanggang dulo.

ece

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »
^ako den sis, binasa ko hanggang dulo. naduling duling pa ko.  :D

sis peachlipstick, un pa nga, thank you. medyo di kase ako sure on that part, kung kanino at kung sino ang nag confront, coord ba or the couple..

stylus

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 10:51:52 pm »
ouch. there are items na responsibility nga ng coordinator. pero not just because coordinator sila, sa kanila natin isisisi ang lahat. i think kaya naman mapag usapan or mapatawad. maliban lang sa may take 2 yung marching ng entourage dahil wala pa ang photo and video. big no-no ang take 2! wala na ang real emotions while marching :(

ANJFinally

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 12:25:23 am »
Hi sissies! I actually did my investigation regarding this matter, coz I am a soon AK Bride. I spoke with one of the coords kasi si Ms. Kim hindi pa nababasa yung message ko. Maybe because she's still in the process of recovery since one of her loved ones passed away 2 weeks ago, and her lolo is admitted in the hospital.

When we booked Ms. Kim we had the this is it feeling with her, and apart from that she's been so good to us kahit overseas kami and at the same time malayo pa wedding namin pero marami nako natutunan with her.

I asked for permission from that coord, if I can air their side here, she told me na wag daw muna but she thanked me for giving the concern with them and not judging them.

For me kasi, isang side palang ang nakita ko about the issue. That's why I am really eager to hear our coords side too. And sa dami ng good feedbacks na nabasa ko and nakuha ko straight from their former couples, yung isang negative issue will just help us para mas mapabuti pa ang service in the future.

So to all future brides here like me, please make sure that you will endorse and make your turn overs complete and detailed. Kasi yung coord will base kung ano yung ituturn-over natin sakanila. If we'll have lapses and miscommunication, the result will be the same kahit may coord pa tayo. Make sure as well yung mga rules ng church and venues - do's and don'ts.

As long as I wanted to air their side here, i'll ask permission with Ms. Kim first kapag nagkausap na kami.

Lesson learned here is always give each side a chance to explain themselves.

Virtual huggsss mga sissies! Thank you for giving your insights into this matter! =)

damnation

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 03:13:04 am »
Hi everyone! Any feedback regarding Kiss the Girl for OTD? Thanks! Will try to do some backreading as well.

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03:44 am »
I am also an AK bride-to-be. Hindi ko nabasa yung post about them na nabura na pero thanks sa mga succeeding comments at nagka idea ako kung anong laman nung post. I immediately messaged Kimmy last night nung nabasa ko, kinopy and paste ko yung mga issues na nabanggit at naappreciate ko na nagreply sya agad in detail. Eto yung mga niraise ko sa kanya na nabasa ko..

1. may problema sa gown/petticoat ng bride
2. delayed delivery of mannequin
3. lunch na nauna pa kumain ang coordinator bago hatidan ng pagkain ang groom (?)
4. groom told his assistant na tawagan ang assistant ni bride kase traffic, baka malate on the way, the assistant said na wala siya load pantawag.
5. marching na ang entou nang malaman na wala pa pala ang p/v team, so inulit ang marching, practice lang daw yung nauna. 6. exchange vows, na nanawagan pa si father kase hindi Makita/ hindi alam kung nasan ang assistant ni bride, hawak nya ang fone ni bride at dun nakasulat ang vow
7. pictorial sequence
8. bridal march song with lyrics na ang request nila ay instrumental
9. confrontation of the coord sa groom because sumama daw ang loob ng parents ng groom sa sequence ng picture taking". Medyo marami yatang pictures muna with the bride's family members bago natawag ang groom side.



Eto yung exact reply nya for the benefit of other AK clients dito sa GT.

"Hi xxx,

Thank you for letting us know.

1. The issues with the gown was out of our control. We did try to guide the bride on how she could walk down the aisle because the gown was too big on her and the design itself we wouldnt be able to cut it or make adjustments.

2. The Mannequin was requested to be brought to the hotel prior to the event date and I had a family member cremated the day before the wedding thats why we were not able to give it the day before but it was delivered on the day earlier than our calltime to make up for the delivery that was discussed prior. This is actually just a request from the bride. The mannequin should arrive with us during our calltime. It was delivered by 8am. Our calltime was 12nn.

3. We did not even eat. We ate after the program. The client requested for the bridal manager to be there at the hotel 7 am when the wedding is actually 4pm. When lunch was delivered the bridal manager opted to eat right away since the client didnt provide breakfast for her. It was actually already a courtesy for me to pay OT for the bridal manager since she requested for her to be there 4 hours before our calltime.

4. I am not aware of this but this is 0 tolerance for me.

5. The church cued the music for the entrance then asked the bestman to walk right away. I saw that the photo and vid was still not there so I said that we will do it again and just to make everyone calm it was a rehearsal. I personally called the p/v team because they were stuck in traffic.

6. This is honestly our fault. I was not at the church by this time because after the entrance I went right away to the reception to avoid any other issues at the reception because we were having a difficult time due to traffic. I asked my team what happened and they said that one of the entourage was talking to the bridal manager and she was not aware that the bride needs the vows. The bridal manager assigned to her was actually one of my former client and turned team mate. It was so hard for me but I had to let her go and go back to my old bridal manager who is actually now my assistant because of this incident.

7. They have a different pictorial sequence in their province

8. The church said that it was their task so we gave them the music worksheet and even discussed it twice and had 1 from my team man the music but it was too late when we opened the door, they still chose to sing and it'll be worse if we stop it while the bride is walking.

9. We discussed this already in number 7. I did tell them that the mother of the groom was mad at us because we were not aware that in their province they want the groom's side first for the pictorial sequence. They even said sorry to us when we told them about this. We were really calm even though the family members confronted us and we let them know that we were not told of a specific pictorial sequence. This is honestly both our fault because I should have asked them if they had their own sequence during our first meeting I showed them our sequence but they didnt gave us any correction."

"This is very heartbreaking for me since this is the first issue I had. I would like to apologize if this might have caused you any stress. Rest assured this will not happen again."

And then a few minutes after nung last reply ko sa kanya, nagmessage sya ulit sa kin saying that.. "Just talked to the groom's assistant. This is a lie na wala siyang load. Kasi I remember din na he called me din from preps eh. So im sure he has load."

Di ko sya pinagtatanggol ha, pero naappreciate ko na tinake nya positively and sinagot lahat ng issues na niraise ko ng hindi puro defense lang sa team nya, inadmit din nya na may misgivings sila. May mga sinabi pa sya on how the bride treated them pero di ko na nilagay dito. Natuwa din ako na kahit ganun, di naman nya binad mouth or siniraan yung client sa kin. Very polite pa din. She didn't even mentioned the name of the couple and kung kelan nangyari tong event na to.

Nakalimutan ko din pala ilagay yung sa video team na di nya pinayagan maki hitch sa bridal car. Pero kung ako yun, ayoko din lalo na kung malaki pala yung gown eh di ang sikip na. Gawin bang service ang bridal car? haha. Pero thankful din ako sa ganung review sa kanila, nakakatakot din minsan pag walang kahit isang not-so-good sa supplier, baka masyadong maging mataas ang expectations namin to the point na iaasa namin na lahat sa kanila. I also told her na tutukan din ang mga members ng team nya kasi hindi lang naman dapat yung lead coord lang ang magaling, dapat pati members.


mhaymhay0519

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 11:44:44 am »
OMG. May issue pa lang ganto si AK Events. I am an AK bride so medyo naalarm ako while reading. Thanks to sisses na nag post ng narecall nila ng deleted na bad review about Ms. Kim. Why kaya dinelete?

Thanks din for my fellow AK Bride sis marchbridetobe and sis ANJFinally for airing AK Events sides. It's really good na ma air din ang side nila Ms. Kim.

It's good na in-admit nila Ms. Kim kung ano yung side nila na may fault. Atleast we all know na they're admitting their mistakes. And hopefully, those mistakes will not happen again to their future client :)

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 12:38:18 pm »
The member who posted was a new member and only had one post. I wonder if he's just very disappointed.

Hindi ko alam na sa Bridal car pala makikisakay the videographer, mukhang hindi nga kakayanin lalo na if poofy ang gown ni bride.

This wedding must have been a recent one kasi naalala pa ng coordinator the details. I really think that the bride and groom should carefully prepare the handover and be as detailed as possible para walang ma-miss out. As early as now, I am creating all sorts of checklists to be handed sa coord namin and sa respective supplier.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 12:39:22 pm »
Wow---  BIG Plus points go to Kimmy of AK Events for admitting which parts were their mistakes!! Honestly naman even the best coordinators still make mistakes. And at least they were able to properly address all the other issues.

To other brides and grooms naman-- let's try to be objective sana when we give reviews especially when it is a negative review. Because it is another's person's business and livelihood at stake here, and people really try to protect their reputation. Being a businesswoman I know this.

Persnally Ive also already had a bad experience with a a very highly recommended videographer here on GT. I was double booked and I was so so angry. Good thing I found out with lots of time to replace them, and demand for my DP. But after they returned my money immediately, I deleted the worst of my angry remarks on GT because I didn't want to ruin their business. And I was appeased when they returned the downpayment right away and remained polite throughout so I give them credit for that, despite the sneaky double booking they did.

Perhaps this is also the reason why the original poster deleted his/her comments regarding AK Events.

Disclaimer: I am not an AK Events bride =)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:44:21 pm by Chili1113 »

mhaymhay0519

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 12:41:17 pm »
^ ahh bale one post count lang pala. Baka gusto talaga mag rant sis. Atleast we have insights yung mga possible na maging disaster in the wedding day. And maiwasan yung mga gantong pangyayari in the future bride like us :-)


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 12:54:50 pm »
marchbridetobe: I remember sa original post na the bride asked if food was sent to the groom's room because lunch time na. Then bridal manager said "No." Then bride replies daw something like: Sino magdadala ng pagkain doon? Ako pa ba" == Sorry she may have been stressed, but I think that was uncalled for. It couldve been done nicely.

peachlipstick: Re videographer riding the bridal car, sometimes talaga the videographer or photographer rides with them so that makakuha ng shots. But this is optional. Alam ko coordinator and 1st priority isakay sa bridal car since the bride really needs help to even get out of the car in a big heavy gown!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:57:32 pm by Chili1113 »

mhaymhay0519

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 01:40:52 pm »
Hi sis Chilli1113, Thanks sa pag recall mo ng deleted post about AK Events. AK Events Bride ako and super helpful ninyo sa mga AK bride na hindi nabasa yung deleted post na yun :)

Share ko lang siss regarding Ms. Kim.
I know that Ms. Kim's  aunt passed away. We were supposed to meet nun. But ayun nga na postponed. And she asked if possible to resched our meeting. After a week, I had to get my baptismal sa pampanga pa. Documents assistance yung freebie ko sa package na kinuha ko sa kanya. Alam ninyo sisses naapreciate ko talaga si Ms. Kim nun. I have to accomplished my baptismal on Nov. 25 base sa checklist ko given by the church. Kahit na super busy siya and grieving, nagpasintabi ako na kahit one of her staff na lang. But you know what sisses, siya talaga kumuha :-) 24 niya pinuntahan. I shouldered her transpo since out of metro manila yun.  I finally met her kasi she had to get an authorization from me and my ID. She went to my office in morning and then diretso siya sa Pampanga that day.Kahit brief lang yung time ng pag meet namin, I can tell na she is nice. Then kinabukasan, tinawagan niya ako na husband niya na lang maghahatid kasi inatake yung lolo niya. nameet niya yung Nov 25 na submission ko sa church. Naapreciate ko yung efforts niya. She really went extra miles to get my baptismal cert :)

IMO sisses and I hope wala ako ma offend, I think we have to give respect sa mga coord natin. Not only coord, but also to other suppliers. Yes we paid for their services. But that does not give us the rights para maging rude to them or yung parang alalay natin sila. We can treat them as a friend. Tao lang din naman sila. May mga unfortunate events sa buhay ng mga tao, we should extend courtesy sa kanila :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:52:27 pm by mhaymhay0519 »

ANJFinally

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 02:06:29 pm »
Thank you sis marchbridetobe for airing Ms. Kim's side. Siguro kaya hindi sya naka pag reply sakin since i messaged her thru whatsapp.

Anyways, since pwede naman pala mag air ng side here, i'll share narin the side of one the coords na nakausap ko.

This is a very recent wedding, and province sya.

-Mas nauna pa kumain ang coord - BM arrived earlier sa calltime 4PM yung wedding so dapat 11am darating ang coords, but 7AM dumating na si BM dun as request ng bride - hindi sya pinakain ng breakfast so ang tendecy pagdating ng crew meal, kumain sya kasi gutom na sya.

-Church picture taking - may sariling pictorial sequencing ang church which is a PROTOCOL na MAS dapat sundin kesa sa sequencing na gawa ng coords (which is not even endorsed or reminded by the couple sa coord nila). On their way to the reception, nagpaliwanagan si BM and Bride about sa sequencing na rule ng church - the bride even apologized to her for not letting them now. Kaya nagtataka sya bat nasama sya sa issue ng nega review eh alam nya namang fault nya?

-Hitch ng videog sa bridal car, the BM is there + Bride + the MOM of the Bride na gustong sumama sa bridal car, so san uupo si videog kung makiki-hitch sya? Kaya hindi sya inaallow na sumakay.
-Petticoat, mainly fault ng couturier. They have an emergency kit to fix kasi natanggal yung hook, yung petticoat, hte bride has 2 diff types and hindi makapag decide kung ano daw ang isusuot.

-Re-marching, late ang PV dahil sobrang traffic eh strict ang church so need na mag start - for the sake na ma cover yung march because it's one of the main highlights ng event , pinaulit nila.

As a coord, kahit task nila gawin smooth ang event they don't even deserve to be treated as slaves or masabihan ng "Do you know what you're doing?". Na kahit aware silang nagluluksa pa si Ms. Kim she even answered "I don't care!" dahil lang sa hindi naihatid before wedding day yung mannequin which is courtesy lang naman, because request ng bride na agahan ang deliver. (Mannequin is freebie sa package I don't know if same dun sa nag rant na bride, and kasama yun ng coord with them during their calltime)

So the rest naman were fully explained by Ms. Kim as per sis marchbridetobe.

I agree sis chilli, if magbigay ng reviews wag naman exagg kasi we're talking about their business and hindi naman tama na dahil lang sa disappointed ka in some parts eh grabe na yung nega review na sasabihin mo about them. We're taking their lives at risk din since yun ang kabuhayan nila.

Let's treat them as a person, they have feelings and get hurt as well. Hindi porket binayran sila for their service, we have the right na to shout at them and rant at them. haayyys! I hope, they can move on from that event na.

I loved Ms. Kim ang her team more because of their honesty sa pag admit ng mali nila.

To our fellow AK Bride and soon to be brides, as what I've posted last night proper turn over and communication is such a big help so everything will be smooth and stress-free.

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »
chilli1113: mukhang stressed talaga yung bride kaya siguro lahat inaaway na nya. :-\ Actually pwede ngang gawing isang reason yun ni Ms. Kim as defense mechanism para sa mga issues na binato sa kanila eh pero very professional nyang in-air yung side nya. Sayang lang di ko nabasa yung original post.

mhaymhay0519: wow A for effort ang pagpunta ng Pampanga! To think na she's grieving pa that time. As a client, na alarm ako pero di naman ako nabother ng husto, thankful pa nga ako in a way at nabigyan ako ng idea sa mga bagay na kailangan kong ipaalala sa kanila :)

ANJFinally: Pareho tayo sis, nagmemessage din ako ng former brides nya since di naman lahat ng  brides nya eh member dito sa GT at wala naman akong nakuhang nega feedback sa kanila sa lahat ng minessage ko :) I think okay lang naman na mapost din yung side nila since marami rami din silang brides dito sa GT and I think di naman sila member dito so di nila madefend yung side nila.

Sana kasi di nabura yung original post para nachika pa natin ng husto si bride! :))

chok42

  • Guest
Re: OTD Wedding Coordinator (Part 5)
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 02:38:50 pm »
Hi. I needed to create a new account because it was suspended i think because of too much text speak on my previous post that is why it got deleted also. Just to clear things out, I posted our review since we want to help you on your wedding day. We don't want you to experience the same experiences we had. Even now, pag naalala ni wife ang mga ngyari naiinis siya and nalulungkot dahil minsan lang ang wedding and ang daming naging mali. When we had our meeting, ang sabe nya na perfectionist sila and sanay sa wedding so we were excited dahil sila ang nakuha namin and based sa reviews here ok sila.

1. regarding sa gown, hindi nasuot mabuti ang petticoat. the gown is not too big for her. It was made perfectly right for her even the petticoat. they could have been more careful nung sinuot sa kanya yung petticoat since we are no expert when it comes sa mga ganyang bagay.

2. regarding sa mannequin. if 12pm darating ang mannequin? what will be its use? so basically pala we are waiting for nothing the night before? they could have advise us a lot early para hindi na rin napuyat si wife kahihintay.

3. our point here is we do not have any issue having them eat first but make sure if nadeliver na yung food for the other room. hindi yung si wife pa ang nagtanong.

4. The groom manager has a load? Why did he tell me that he does not have any? Now may load pala siya nun.

5.  As a coordinator siguro before mo iallow na magstart yung procession, you have to be sure na ok na ang lahat ng kailangan. I have not seen any wedding na nag part 2 ang procession until ours.

7. In regards with the pictorial, why bring it up before the reception and putting the blame to us na alam namin ang sequence? kung alam namin na ganyan ang sequence sana napabago namin.
 
Anyways, this will be my last post. I don't want to stress ourselves as wala na ring magagawa.  As I've said on my previous post, Kim is a good host.

I hope you guys will learn from what happened to us. I apologize if we offended the coordinator, but we were really disappointed on how they handled our event especially with the 2 most important part of the wedding. vows and march. There is no perfect wedding but mistakes can be lessen. Good luck on your wedding day.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close