For the sake of argument, and I feel that a woman who is more independent gets to have a say in how things are done at home, mali ba yun?
It is obviously not acceptable to be disrespected in that way. Kaya lang, some guys really have more respect sa career oriented wife. Hirap naman talaga ng household chores pero other men see it as a mababang kind of work and hindi na talaga mababago yun.
Ah... “I feel” ba... Ang sabi mo kasi sa previous comment mo, “other guys” have more respect sa career-oriented woman and “other men” see house chores as mababaw na kind of work. What I asked about was kung san nanggaling yung mababang kind of work comment,kung sa “other guys” nga ba or sayo. Sinabi mo naman na “I feel” so I guess I got my answer? Which is wala namang masama.
I asked because I`m studying abuse on the side, and I got curious sa thinking ng “other men.” And it turned out that it was your belief/opinion, and again, nothing is wrong with that. And then, na-ouch lang ako sa mababang kind of work thingy, then I expressed it.
If the woman is the breadwinner, and still has an abusive husband, then our suggestions here would probably be different don't you think? Why stay in an abusive relationship if you have the means to move forward?
To follow my line of argument, a man is abusive regardless of a woman`s work because that`s their nature and nurture. And some have low regard for women in general, kahit anong position mo pa. You are just among his possessions. In the context of abusiveness, that was my response to what you have proposed that some men disrespect a woman because they do mababang kind of work, and that they have more respect sa career oriented woman.
You expressed what you feel, I also expressed what I know or what I have gleaned from research and counseling. So let's just agree to disagree

I'm sure you've heard it before and maybe even got worried at some point when you decided to stay at home.
Following our discussion, you mean worried about if my husband will disrespect me or treat me as slave? Ah thankfully, nope. If you're talking about finances, I think that's not what we're talking about here? Kasi kung kailangan mo talagang tulungan ang husband mo para itaguyod ang pamilya nyo, eh anong ginagawa mo?
But worry I did, yes. Got worried about my social and intellectual life, two of my needs which are challenging to meet as a SAHM. But I've found ways to meet those needs, kahit nung wala pang graduate school. May mga organizations ako. And being a SAHM is a parenting decision for me, for us. Once my youngest kiddo reached 6 or 7, haharurot na ko. Ngayon pausad-usad lang.
And about the thread, I guess SAHM is not for everyone. Kung may pagsisisi ka man (whoever you are) na pinili mo to, or may pumilit sayo. You probably need to listen to your feelings. It`s your call what you`re gonna do about your situation. The obvious thing to do is get a job. But it will also depend on the other resources that you have. Like who will take care of your kids? are you strong enough to go against the will of any person who influenced you to be a SAHM? Are you still hoping that your husband will change? And other things that you need to consider.
What you need to break sa isang abused woman is yung mentality nila and mga beliefs nila. Especially bumaba na ang mga self-esteem nila. Wala na silang tiwala sa sarili nila sa mga desisyong gagawin nila sa buhay. Sahiban ka ba namang t**** at bobo palagi at kung anuano pang demeaning na salita. But break this belief, sya mismo ang kusang magpaplano sa buhay nya. Hindi na kailangan sabihang to get a job.