Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 64565 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »
prettylove: I know nasa mga 200k up si Cary Santiago. Plus he isn't based in Manila so you'll have to fly to Cebu for fittings. But I think he comes to Manila for consultations and measurements. But for fittings I know it is in Cebu-- unless they changed this already. I inquired around 2014 pa.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2015, 01:04:01 am »
hi! anybody here who recently had their civil wedding? who made your dress?
thanks!

I had an intimate civil wedding held in a wedding chapel last June. We just asked our then trusted local seamstress to make the gown for me ( ala jenny packham) hehe.  I could send a pic to you if you send me your email.

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2015, 12:52:22 pm »
^^thanks sis chilli :) Ang ganda kasi ng designs nya but di ko carry mag spend ng ganun kamahal sa wedding gown and will wear it just for a day.. Hmmm.. Sayang naman sinu kaya mid range designer ang kaparehas ng works nya? thanks

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 06:35:12 pm »
prettylove: Don't worry there are a lot of up and coming designer na really good and talented!! =) Depends on your budget and the style you like. Among the medyo  new designers with who do intricate embroidery patterns, the most recent ones Ive noticed na not so expensive are Hannah Kong and Mak Tumang (but he is Pampanga based). We were just talking about this with other brides at my pre-cana meeting. Hannah Kong's career seems to have soared recently and has improved a lot. There was a bride who regrets not booking Hannah.

If you like lacey gown, feminine gowns that aren't too heavy on the beading then there is Richie Ortega, Vania Romoff, Maureen Disini, Kristel Yulo, and Gretchen Pichay.  Their style though is more romantic, and feminine, and ala Monique Llhuiller style-- not with chunky crystals and tons of beading like Patricia Santos.

The ones I mentioned are from 75k up. But If you want cheaper pa than that, madami pa din OK!
Back read lang--- there are a lot =) =)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:44:22 pm by Chili1113 »

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »
hi girls! there is a bridal pop up at kirov showroom(beside rockwell tent) from dec 4-6 2015. hannah kong, julianne syjuico, coca couture, patty ang, jun escario,  felipe and sons, etc will be there. might be good to check it out:)

update: i went to the bridal pop up today and for those who wants mid to fully beaded gowns, go for hannah kong nga. saw some of her dresses there and its nice! prices starts at 65k while fully beaded gowns can go up to 85k. fyi, hannah kong isnt there at the bridal pop up. out of the country as of the moment. ganda rin ng gowns ni jun escario. he has a dress there that reminds me of francis libiran. yung laser cut style
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:50:44 pm by rowan »

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »
Thanks again sis chili :)

wednesdei

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2015, 09:11:02 pm »
Mga sis okay ba si Mara Chua? Nag inquire kasi ako sa kanya and ang bilis nya magreply. Plus may 15% discount pa siya na inoofer sa akin if I could pay everything by April 2016. Dec 2016 bride here.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2015, 10:29:32 pm »
^ No experience with Mara Chua but I wouldn't feel comfortable paying 100% before seeing the final dress. You can never be too careful these days...

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Dresses and Gowns Part 17 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2015, 07:05:24 am »
Meet Mara first before booking.. just my advice. I loved her sketch for me but we didnt jive at all.. isang tanong isang sagot kasi sya sakin. I didnt feel comfortable kasi parang hard to tell her what I want and dont want.. eh I was gonna be super oc sa gown. But could be me lang. Go meet her.

rouged.ramen

  • Guest
i got vania romoff and they have good service. easy mag book for an appointment with her. she follows your pegs but plugs in her aesthetic as well.

Did you get her?  May I know her current starting rate?  She's my first choice but I'm still looking for other designers in case I can't afford her ;D  I have a few na din na similar sa design style niya: no beading, structured and modern.

msdianne

  • Guest
I got Paolo Blanco to do my gowns as guests for weddings.

I must say ladies, he can deliver. Sobra! For a newbie! Ang linis gumawa and for me he's affordable.

I got him to do my entourage also. I'm really happy so far with the service. However, location wise and parking struggle. But, worth it for me.

krysia27

  • Guest
I can finally post about my gown. Yay!!! :)

I got Jon Salcedo for everyone. Yun isa kong abay, the day before dumating, nagfit, super swak, they added embellishments lang and they delivered sa hotel nun gabi rin na yun.

Sobrang happy ko sa gown ko. Pati entourage. Although medyo mahal (but not as expensive as others!) I can say it's totally worth it. Pati yun veil ko, cord ko, and my pillows, handpainted pa yun ibang gowns. Ang ganda talaga.

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/Pb58u


lalala00

  • Guest
Hi. Question lang. Ano usually payment terms pag sa gown? Normal lang ba yung 90% paid na gown sa 1st fitting pa lang?

Chili1113

  • Guest
^My contract is 50% upon booking, and 50% upon delivery of gown. However, I have read here on GT that other designers have different schemes. Ive read of some who give a discount if you are fully paid upon booking.

penguin07

  • Guest
Hi. Question lang. Ano usually payment terms pag sa gown? Normal lang ba yung 90% paid na gown sa 1st fitting pa lang?

Yung sa kin naman sis 60% DP then the remaining 40% sa first fitting.

yannuh

  • Guest
Hi. Question lang. Ano usually payment terms pag sa gown? Normal lang ba yung 90% paid na gown sa 1st fitting pa lang?

ako sis, 5k downpayment during the initial payment. nung second fitting na ata nagfull payment if i am not mistaken.

Missus O

  • Guest
^^^ My wedding gown is RTW, but sa mum and sister ko  who got Paolo Blanco, 50% downpayment, then full upon final fitting.

hermione28

  • Guest
Hi mga sis, just need you personal opinion.  ;)

My rown kasi is RTW ball gown. Walang design sa baba. As in bagsak lang. parang ganito.
Front: http://g04.a.alicdn.com/kf/UT8OAaEXaJaXXagOFbXW/111435347/UT8OAaEXaJaXXagOFbXW.jpg
Back: http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/UT8soyDXmxcXXagOFbX8/111435347/UT8soyDXmxcXXagOFbX8.jpg


Tapos I have decided na magpa add ng detachable cathedral train. Ang pinakita ko sa designer yung train ni Marian Rivera, so ang ginawa nyang drawing sa train yung may design.
Parang ganito. http://www.wholesale7.net/images/201307/goods_img/105319_P_1374822185112.jpg

Ang question ko ngayon. Ok lang ba na yung sa harap walang kahit anong details.
Tapos yung train may details?

Pangit ba tignan? Di ako maka decide. hehe.

TIA po sa sasagot!  :D

msdianne

  • Guest
Yes for me it's totally fine sis Hermione. Ganda ng idea RTW x designer! Very good ka!

penguin07

  • Guest
hermione28: I agree with msdianne. I think maganda yung idea na gusto mu for your gown. It might look something like the Exotico gown sa Rosa Clara. Though I believe di detachble yung train :) Here's the link for your reference sis :)

http://www.rosaclara.es/en/rc/exotico-16/

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close