Author Topic: How much is your wedding budget? Part 7  (Read 71163 times)

Tubby

• GirlTalker
    • I Blog, Thefore I Am.
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 7
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 01:58:55 am »
I "thought" we stuck with our wedding budget but I checked my spreadsheets after the wedding and realized that we paid a lot of miscellaneous stuff that were not part of the bigger wedding budget in the one year that we prepared for the wedding. These are things that should be considered. Some of these are extra beers in the reception, food for our entourage during our fittings, extra/re-order invites, portalets, etc.

Bring petty cash funds in your wedding pala din. Brides advised me that. These are for "excess time/extra hours" for certain suppliers like bridal car and gen set fuel. In our case, we had to pay Eds Go 3K more because my mom and MOH upgraded their make-up to airbrush.

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
  • blessed | favored | loved
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 07:14:32 am »
^this is true. my coordinator asked for 5k contingency fund and after the wedding she came to me with all her receipts and discussed where the money went. {excess bridal car hrs, additional meals, etc} very handy to allocate budget for contingency funds so they won't bother you and ask for extra money during preps and to prevent coords from initially shouldering the expenses.
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

rightback

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 08:52:29 am »
hi sis, about how much do I need for contingency funds? thanks! a few more days to go.

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 09:07:15 am »
^depende sis sa estimate mo. normally 5-10k is ok na:)
just know you can :)

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 09:25:28 am »
Sis rightback usually meals and bridal car lang nagdadagdag talaga. And if may nakalimutan kang small accessories na need bilhin. in our case kasi, we fully paid everyone a week before the wedding kaya i'm not expecting any of our suppliers asking for additional money on the day. :)
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

tea08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2015, 10:47:13 am »
I allotted 20k as our "just in case" fund. Ayaw ko na din ma stress sa mga paisa-isang hingi sa akin. My matron of honor which is my favorite tita will be the one to manage the money so the coord can just ask it from her. Para stress and worry free na tayo on our wedding day importante na meron nito. :)

hermione28

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Officially Mrs. B. ♥ 07.25.16 ♥
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2015, 12:09:07 pm »
My mom will be the one paying all balances on the day of the wedding. So sya din bahala sa contingency fund. She's my accountant! hehe. Mga 10k is enough na ba for extra funds? Pano pag kinulang, hehe. tatakbo pa sa bank. hassle.

For the suppliers pala for example yung OTD coordinator ko, 1k lang ang bayad sakanya, on the day of the event 18k pa babayaran ko, then sa photographer on the day of the event 24k pa. 2 suppliers palang yun pano pa yung iba, parang ang laki naman ng Cash on hand more than 100k? Di ako sanay ng ganun eh.

Tingin nyo, mas ok ba na bayaran sila a day or two before the wedding, magtira nalang ako ng tig 5k balances to minimize sa Cash on hand sa wedding?

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2015, 12:41:44 pm »
Sis hermione28, depende on how you feel about your suppliers sis. If you think na di sila yung tipong 'no show'. I don't want to think about money on our wedding kaya nag settle agad ako one week before. Very forgetful ako and I get stressed pag guguluhin ako about money. Other brides aren't comfortable with that kind of setup so i know some who designated a trustworthy person to settle full payments on the day (could be your moh or closest tita, some naman coordinators -until nauso yung coordinators na tinatakbo ang  pera ng couple-) :)
My suppliers naman already established their names in the wedding industry and looked after their reputation well kaya di ako worried.

- N. Mah

yannuh

• Super GirlTalker
  • Trust in His timing.
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2015, 01:05:00 pm »

Tingin nyo, mas ok ba na bayaran sila a day or two before the wedding, magtira nalang ako ng tig 5k balances to minimize sa Cash on hand sa wedding?

Sis depende sayo. Ako din medyo takot magdala ng malaking pera sa wedding pero me 120k-130k ata ako OTD payables and binigay ko lang sa coordinator yun. Ok naman at nasettle naman ng maayos lahat.
just know you can :)

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2015, 01:26:42 pm »
^ sis hermione28, sissies yannuh and belle_v2g are right. it really depends on you, how comfortable you are with your suppliers, and how much you trust them.

for us, we paid all our suppliers well in advance and most of them we paid in full when we booked them. we just directly transferred the money from our bank account to theirs so there's a trail. we did this because we are very confident that our suppliers will perform well (and they all did!  ;D )

of course, i don't recommend this for everyone because there have been horror stories of suppliers running away with their clients' monies.

^ sis rightback, it depends on what the outstanding items are in your expense list. on our weddiing day, we had to pay for suppliers' meals and extension at the preparation hotel - it was about 5k i think. the funny thing was, i was the only one left as we were leaving the hotel and my bag was with my parents so i didn't have any money at all and we had to pay the hotel about 1,000. what i did was i borrowed money from my videographer! hahaha! good thing he's a close friend so it wasn't too embarassing.

we still have a few outstanding expenses but i'm waiting for my coordinator to send me the list and the total amount - these we have already talked about before the wedding so we know what these are and have a rough estimate of how much it is. these are stuff that we could only finalize on the day like the total beer consumed by our guests and the transportation of our guests.

by the way, for those who are having destination weddings or who have lots of guests coming from out of town, make sure you also include in your budget the expenses that will be incurred for arranging tours for them and transportation. this was probably are biggest unbudgeted expense but we really didn't mind because we saw that everyone truly enjoyed our province. another big expense we incurred was our pre-wedding dinner for out of town guests. so hope you guys will keep these in mind :)

shygirlme

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

Sis kami before nag checkin sa hotel nag widraw ng 170k para sa mga balances. nilagay namin sa envelope may suppliers name tapos magkano yung balance, nilagay ko sa vault then nung morning handover ko sa otd ko. nung una ayaw pumayag ng husband ko na ganon kaso ayaw naman nya na 2 days before the wedding bayaran na baka daw di sumulpot. ayaw naman ng ibang suppliers ng cheke kaya no choice sya. walang naging problema sa otd ko kasi may list sya ng names ng suppliers and signature na natanggap na yun payment even the food allowances.

yung emergency money ko 8k binigay ko sa asawa ko. sa extension ng bridal car tsaka sa photobooth tsaka sa mga kamag anak na pasaway na nanghingi ng pamasahe pauwi. hay!

fornarina

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 04:52:29 pm »
How about manager's check sisses? Ok ba suppliers dito?

shygirlme

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 05:38:39 pm »
^ask your suppliers sis. yung iba kasi ayaw ng check.

simang

• Acts like a lady, thinks like a man.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 06:25:05 pm »
Sisi hermione, yes, most likely malaki talaga ang cash on hand mo on the day for the payables. Sis belle is right, settling full payment beforehand would definitely depend on how you feel about your suppliers. Ako personally I wanted to settle everything a few days before ang wedding but my husband and my sister insisted na on the day na lang, kasi nga baka merong hindi magdeliver ng maayos. This was also the advise of our coord. So caterer, band, L&S, photo, video, flowers, emcee, OTD coord, even yung resort accommodation namin, lahat ng balance on the day na namin binayaran. I entrusted this to my sister. A few days before ng wedding naka envelop na lahat ng cash, addressed to the respective suppliers.

^Sis fornarina, ask your suppliers na lang. kasi for us, most of our suppliers are okay with check, pero dapat at least a week before nasa kanila na and at least 2 days before, cleared na. For their safety na din kaya nirerequire nila na ganun.

Isa siguro sa regrets ko sa budgeting is hindi ko na naaccount yung emergency cash namin. Although as far as I know di naman gaanong malaki, siguro at most ay 10k.
...all adventurous women do.

hermione28

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Officially Mrs. B. ♥ 07.25.16 ♥
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2015, 06:33:18 pm »
i like the idea ng manager's check. kung papayag ang mga suppliers mas ok to.

Online bank transfer kaya on the day of the wedding, hahahaha.  ;D ;D Kung papayag lang sila bet ko to, libre na, mabilis pa at safe na safe pa. hahaha. I don't think papayag sila. haha.  ;D

Bahala na nga, kung cash talaga wala namang magagawa. Di lang talaga ako sanay ng may malaking cash on hand sa pinas, feeling ko lagi mawawala. hahaha.

shygirlme

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2015, 06:42:13 pm »
^takot na takot din ako nagwiwidraw ng malaking pera.alam mo naman panahon now basta sis ilagay mo sa vault. iopen mo lang pag ihahandover mo sa otd mo. madaming tao sa room mo kasi pag morning.

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2015, 07:17:53 pm »
For those who are hesitant to bring huge amount of cash on the day, how about depositing the cash in the supplier's bank account then keep the receipt in individual envelopes {do not inform the supplier yet that you already made a full payment} or depende sa inyo. then, distribute the envelopes containing the deposit slip after your wedding? Make sure lang you photocopy the slips before giving the original copies to the supplier. At least, hindi cash ang laman ng envelopes nyo. :) suggestion lang. :)
- N. Mah

fornarina

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2015, 01:12:59 am »
Thanks mga sis for the suggestions!! ☺️

Meron bang maximum amount on online banking transfers? So far 20k ang highest na bank transfer ko using bpi

^sis belle_v2g  i like the idea na magdeposit and then wag sasabihin 😄 super like the idea just to keep the deposit slips and hand it over on the wedding day 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

rightback

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2015, 08:34:18 am »
thank you for the suggestions! was thinking how to work out the unforeseen expenses aside from the balances from the suppliers.

sis belle_v26 i like the idea of the secret deposit in cash haha. at least i don't have to worry too much about how much cash we have on hand.

sis fornarina i think rule ng bpi na max 20k lang for money coming out of your account. you can request them to increase that though.

mimai1122

• GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »
I agree on three points here:

First, don't pay suppliers the full amount a day or two before the wedding. At least, may guarantee ka na sisipot sila on the day of the wedding. I think din naman na mas gusto nila 'yung may makukuha pa silang payment on the day of the event. Siguro ang exception to the rule lang eh yung mga suppliers na nakasanayan mo na. 'Yung parang friend or family member mo na. 'Yung kaya mo nang i-trust completely.

Second, paying via Manager's Check is ok and safe. Kaya lang, you have to ask your suppliers pa. Syempre, dapat magkasundo kayo when it comes to payment terms. Some people kasi don't like Manager's Checks kasi for them, medyo hassle 'yung process ng pag-encash. But if ok naman sa suppliers mo and you want absolute safety at ayaw mong magdala ng sangkatutak na pera on your wedding day, go for this option.

Third and last, paying suppliers by depositing the money directly to their bank account. I know of some suppliers here in our city who are open to this option. They believe that this is not only safe, it is also convenient for both parties. Their agreement is usually to deposit the payment a day before the wedding/event.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close