Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15  (Read 110787 times)

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2016, 01:33:26 am »
^^I think Gerry Penaso is quite busy lately because he is part of Aces&Queens and they are now screening for Binibining Pilipinas. I heard that he is very good as well.

Tip: Try to go to to Bridal Fairs (Getting Married by Kutchie is coming up) and have trials there. Lots of discounts pa.

gardenbelle

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2016, 08:06:56 am »
Hi sis! Try hands of jes marion dee in facebook. He is good. Although bago pa lang yung facebook account nya pero matagal na syang nagmemakeup. He used to makeup in beauty pageants and winner ang mga candidates nya. He is a grad of lyceum university cavite. Magaling sya magmakeup and sulit ang packages sa kanya. I think your 15k exactly suit him. try to contact him thru fb. He is my hmua for my May 2016 wedding. 😊

Hi sis! Thanks will check :)

sophiehotness

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #382 on: January 14, 2016, 09:42:19 am »
Mga sis, just read from Ms. Nini's fb, meron na daw NEW PACKAGES, so it means marami na choices not the usual basic package niya :-).... I will message her later and will let you know the packages hihi :-)

abbeyS

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #383 on: January 14, 2016, 11:14:54 am »
Hi sis lots-o, I did not have any issue on the day itself, from the call time sa preps until the reception he was there. Even the team assistants, super hands on, wala ako masabi. Actually during the preps i always tell him mga nega feedbacks i read from this thread, it really helped and it turned well on the wedding day.

I suggests pala you ask him kung may kasabay ka and kung meron man (na di naman maiwasan) it would help if you remind him always  to do your make up and not his senior assistant or anyone else. Kasi ako may kasabay din,  ayun good thing he had a wedding before mine at same place, he stayed na lang din on the hotel same as ours kaya the following day lipat na lang siya ng room for my preps naman :) The other one who is based in pampanga, handled ng  sr assistants daw.

Anyway, I hope this helps hehe and Happy preps sis:)

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2016, 11:49:27 am »
Thanks Sis abbeyS your so pretty! Thanks for the tips. Oo nga me too pag may nakita ako feedback sinasabi ko sa kanya and Im satisfied naman with his reply sobrang honest reply naman din binibigay niya. Sabi ko pa nga sikat ka na kasi may mga bashers ka na. Tawa lang siya. She even added me as a friend sa fb kahit hindi na sya makapagadd. She assured me din that she will be there on my day!

Thank sis sa tips

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #385 on: January 14, 2016, 11:57:42 am »
^^sis fran, post it also here if possible para makita din ng ibang b2bs :)

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #386 on: January 14, 2016, 03:51:04 pm »
wala sa list of recommended MUA ng coordinator ko si Mhec Gado.

On her list si Eds Go, Ish Sison, Ten Franco, Froilan Erik, Mariah, Val.

1 month na kong naghahanap ng MUA. wala pa din mapili. hehe.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #387 on: January 14, 2016, 04:17:32 pm »
hermione28: My HMUA is Ish Sison. Though I haven't tried her yet. I booked her based on her portfolio. I'll give you my feedback after my prenup shoot next week =) =)

I've only tried Chinky Tanjangco and Thea Dionisio- who I would both highly recommend-- especially Chinky for staying with me throughout my 12 hour video shoot even if her rate sheet only stated 5 hours. She didn't charge me extra too but she volunteered to stay-- but I gave extra naman voluntarily.

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #388 on: January 14, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
Until now hindi pa din ako decided sa HMUA ko :(

So far I've had trials with the following:

Make-up by Jat - Cavite based MUA and friend ng Videographer namin. The make-up was good pero nakulangan ako sa hairstyle (though fault ko din dahil I changed pegs nung nalagyan na ng hairspray ang buhok ko :P

Rose Abastillas - super light ng make-up na ginawa niya sa akin, parang hindi ko bet since I also wear make-up everyday. Mas defined pa ako gumawa ng eyes sa kanya :(

Makeup by Miss Jho - I used the trial for our christmas party. Everyone loved it especially the hairstyle na kahit hindi teased ay volumized. Medyo disappointed lang ako sa products used sa trial kasi the other products used were local brands. Sabi niya she uses the high end ones for the Bridal make-up na.

Make up by Faye Young - I got to try her skills for free as part of our free photoshoot with Weddings and Debuts Fair. Though she was late sa call time, ang linis niya gumawa ang mabilis din. I had a breakout prior to the shoot pero hindi naging visible sa photos. Also, h2b has a fresh incision sa may eye area that Ms. Faye had successfully covered. Flawless lang talaga :)

Next week I will have a trial with Carissa Cielo (of Aces and Queens) pero medyo kinakabahan ako sa kanya. Is it just me na nagpapatrial without confirming a booking? Kasi she sounded surprised na I'm still having trials with other HMUAs.

For our pre-nup, our stylist (Indie Hippie) will be my HMUA: Gerly (Glow by Gerly).

I will be deciding on the HMUA after the pre-nup para tapos na all the trials. This supplier is the one I have the most difficulty in deciding :(

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #389 on: January 14, 2016, 04:35:54 pm »
Chili1113 - Ish ka pala sis! sige feedback plese after prenup! Sya na din ba sa kasal mo?

I actually need 2 HMUA 1 for photo shoot and 1 for save the date video. Sabi nila separate daw kasi ang gusto kong STD may storyline.

But I plan to get prenup stylist na may HMUA na. so baka yung kukunin kong HMUA sa kasal kunin ko din for the other shoot.

marjin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »
wala sa list of recommended MUA ng coordinator ko si Mhec Gado.

On her list si Eds Go, Ish Sison, Ten Franco, Froilan Erik, Mariah, Val.

1 month na kong naghahanap ng MUA. wala pa din mapili. hehe.


naku sis parehas tayo ng dilemma. I hope to find one this weekends bridal fair.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2016, 06:09:21 pm »
peachlipstick: Same here sis. I really wear makeup. When I go to dinners and parties I do full eyeshadow with gel eyeliner and all.  hahaa So medyo di ko din type super light application, or nude face look.

hermione28: Yes I got Ish also for my wedding since I like her portfolio and it was only 3k to reserve before. My friends who have tried her really like her. But then again Ill let you know when I actually get to try the makeup on my prenup shoot =) Hope it works out.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2016, 07:33:34 pm »
I also like Ish, airbursh pa si groom, tapos gusto ko yung unlimited retouch nya, binabasa ko palang yung description, parang alagang alaga ka. hehe.

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2016, 08:52:21 pm »
sis Chili1113, ang hirap tuloy mamili :( Kasi most of the HMUAs really just do light make-up. But I'll have to decide sooner or later. Ang hirap din kasi magfollow sa budget.

querubin

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2016, 09:21:15 am »
if you girls not a fan of light make up, you may consider Toni Rodriguez. If hindi beach wedding samin I might get her. :)

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2016, 10:44:59 am »
I highly recommend my HMUA Kaycee Lim. Ang ganda ng pagset ng make up on my face and she initially asked me if I have any pegs. I went for the no make up make up look.

marsala2016

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2016, 10:58:15 pm »
I'm also having a hard time choosing my hmua, so far Toni Aviles is my no. 1 choice:)

fornarina

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2016, 01:36:58 am »
Ericka regino like her style too galing sa eyes, bride only airbrush with 2nd look nasa 15,500 ☺️
Dino lazaro magaling din but matagal magreply or does not reply at all 20k for bride only airbrush not sure if may 2nd look

mitch2526

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2016, 10:51:52 am »
Sisses pag Dec 2017 ang wedding too early to book HMUA ba??

Based sa portfolio ng mga reasonably priced HMUA ito ang mga gusto ko:

Eds Go
Ish Sison
Val Villarin
Toni Aviles
ang mga nagustuhan ka so far. based on this thread lang ang names nato.

Si Nini Marquez tiningnan ko portfolio sa IG maraming magaganda pero marami rin na mukhang ang kapal kapal ng foundation?? hit or miss ba yan or dahil the bride chose traditional make up over airbrush?

Ang bilis kasi sumagot ni Nini as in after 5 min sumagot with the new packages. And sabi niyo mabait naman and magaling. So  medyo di ko pa alam gagawin ko~

Si Ish Sison naman gusto ko style niya pero parang kulang ang reviews dito sa GT??? I like her brides, glowing lahat parang natural na natural na rosy ang mga bride

Tapos si Eds maganda talaga output pero di pa sumasagot sa email ko :))

Thea Dionisio was mentioned by some sisses pero nakulangan ako sa glow. masyadong nude ang peg ng mga brides hehe.

20k and below lang ang gusto ko pero I want to get service na worth it. Tagaytay or Nasugbu ang wedding ko kaya mapapamahal with OOTF.

happy preps sisses!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 15
« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2016, 12:18:02 pm »
^mitch2526: Ish Sison bride here. We have a prenup shoot on Tuesday. It will be my first time to work with her. She will do 3 looks on me for the shoot. I will give you a review after =)

I will get to compare her work with Chinky Tanjangco and Thea Dionisio who Ive already tried before and also highly recommend =)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:23:30 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close