Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 56879 times)

msdianne

  • Guest
I got Jazel Sy to do mine. Charged me 130K for semi full beaded with two looks but budget really is 150K. So happy ako. She offered me plus 20K for detachable train... Uhm. I opt not to have long train. She charges 80K up for her gowns though.

Chili1113

  • Guest
msdiane: my cousin got jazel sy for her december wedding and it was really beautiful! =) The fit, the materials, and the beading was really good quality! She was an overseas bride so she hardly had any fittings but it was perfect!

lippiequeen: teehee I don't want to get karma by saying this, but I agree re Pauline's gown! hehe I couldn't believe it was a Francis Libiran gown.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:56:00 am by Chili1113 »

msdianne

  • Guest
Promise Chili?! That's a relief :) Thank you! Thank you!!!

lippiequeen

  • Guest
^ sis sabi ng mommy ko, ano daw bang pattern yung embroidery ni pauleen, swirly swirly na hindi daw maintindihan haha! Para ngang hindi Francis bat kaya

msdianne

  • Guest
Haha! Funny ng swirly swirly. Sis! I think new design niya yun. 2 friends of mine got him and same may swirly swirly din :)) but that costs them 650K and 800K ha. Exag!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:43:49 am by msdianne »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Continuation of the stress story from my colleague:

The gown was delivered the night before. As in dapat tulog na yung bride but noooo. Waiting for her gown pa! To top it off, wala ang veil. This one delivered near lunch time na so wala sa preps shoot.

The other gowns looked really good on the rest of the entourage but the bride's, the front was off. Though fabric, materials, workmanship are good, the fit and design weren't bagay sa bride :(

Consider the service when getting designers. Read and ask about experiences of previous clients. When in doubt, no matter how small, don't!

Sino to, Patricia Santos? My friend cautioned me about her din before bec she had an ento gown with her and it fit horrible. Tapos yung gown daw ng bride inulit kasi like 2 inches short talaga from zipping haha super labo.

yannuh

  • Guest

My friend naman got francis libiran to do her gown, kinabahan after seeing Pauline's hahaha

haha! i did not like Pauleen's wedding gown too! kakastres ang design and nakakataba pa tignan.waa

Missus O

  • Guest
^ yannuh that's also what I told my husband. Sabi nya baka daw buntis. :D hehe

rowan

  • Guest
^hmmm your hubby has a point Missus O. I was actually thinking na "Hmm parang hindi siya nag effort magpapayat" but didnt wanna say it out loud and be judgmental about it. But yeah pwede, even the skirt paballoon which isnt suitable to her curvy body.

yannuh

  • Guest
^ yannuh that's also what I told my husband. Sabi nya baka daw buntis. :D hehe

haha! korek sis! or mejo chubby din naman sya talaga. too bad hindi naitago ng wedding gown designer nya yun and parang mas lumaki sya tignan :(

msdianne

  • Guest
If you're in a heavy side bagay kasi ball gown. She did mermaid/ trumpet Kaya ganun. But yes as a designer dapat you know. Or baka she insisted na ganun design. Most often kasi like me I told my designer I want mermaid pero heavy side ako eh! Bahahahahaa. In a good way sinabi niya kailangan diet. So fine. Mag ball gown na ako!

caleeice

  • Guest
True! I agree with the comments re Pauleen's gown. The bff of my friend who recently got married also had him as her gown designer. The gown was not flattering at all to her body!! As in I told my friend bakit ang taba niya tignan sa mga pictures. It was a serpentine type of gown with petticoat at the bottom. The top was okay, but when you see the entire gown, parang ang laki niya tignan! Something was wrong with the petticoat. Sad naman that his recent gowns ganito output. I had friends who got married in 2014 or 2015 and had him had really beautiful gowns!

stylus

  • Guest
^i didn't like pauleen's bodice too. Not sure if she prefers that "see-through" illusion. And yeah. Medyo mataba sya tingnan lalo with the silhouette.

j.adore

  • Guest
Yes Patricia Santos yun. Inconsistent output and service. Not worth the price daw.

Chili1113

  • Guest
So glad I didn't get Patricia Santos!! As in I was going to give my deposit na!! That time 100K lang her quote for almost fully beaded gown. OMG she would not have prioritized my gown since I would have booked her with the old prices pa.

Even my prenup makeup artist just told me that rumor has it that Patricia chooses and prioritizes certain clients over others, mostly from the Chinese community. Take note, my prenup HMUA is also pure Chinese, but that is what she said.

With Pauleen's gown... hmmm have a feeling she tried to look older talaga on her wedding day hehe perhaps she didnt want to look so young since she is even younger than Vic's children hehe
Not liking also Francis Libirans new style. It is so pang-pagent! Not very bridal.

lippiequeen

  • Guest
^ so sayang naman if this is true but you know yung mga kakilala ko na very happy with patricia's work halos lahat yun pure chinese and mga may kaya talaga and sa kanila super okay ang output nya so baka may truth dito? Or baka nagkataon sa dami ng clients may hit or miss talaga. Pero i find her work super nice, mahal lang talaga.

Sis oo nga wag naman sana karmahin regarding comments sa gown ni Pauleen pero hay hindi talaga maganda sumisilip ang mga fats sa kung saan saan hahaha

Chili1113

  • Guest
^hmmm your hubby has a point Missus O. I was actually thinking na "Hmm parang hindi siya nag effort magpapayat" but didnt wanna say it out loud and be judgmental about it. But yeah pwede, even the skirt paballoon which isnt suitable to her curvy body.

Oh no!! hahaah tinamaan ako nito heheh 3 months to go and still havent lost weight. Parang walang effort on my part to lose weight. Actually wala nga hahaha

rowan

  • Guest
^^Haha thats why I didnt wanna say it out loud kasi baka karmahin ako! I couldnt help it lang nung napag usapan na haha. Its okay, Mrs Sotto na siya hehe.

^Dont worry Chili1113, from the past pictures you posted you seem to have a slimmer frame compared to her. Voluptuous talaga si Pauleen!

Chili1113

  • Guest
rowan: hehe no worries I was just kidding!! =) awww believe me Pauleen is slimmer than me! Heheh but anyway she has such a pretty face and that's all she really needs.

j.adore

  • Guest
I think so too kasi yung mga super rave sa kanya na clients are Chinese while yung mga sablay and stressed clients aren't.

Not a fan of Pauleen's gown too.. Chubby ish ichura and doesn't look classy as what you'd normally expect from Francis.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close