Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 56745 times)

Missus O

  • Guest
@LilaFowler - first I love your name. I grew up on Sweet Valley hehe. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience on your wedding gown hunt. I always say everything happens for a reason. Think of it this way na lang, if not for that texting, rude girl, you would never had gone to White Label to get the gown of your dreams :)

Also bought a RTW gown. I wasn't supposed to. I just wanted to get the "bride experience" of trying on gowns  and checking to see what silhouette would look good on me since I was going home and was already scheduled to meet a few designers. Thus I made an appointment for David's Bridal. Unfortunately, the first gown I wore, yung first gown na I was thinking "might look good on me pero probably would still be a no-no" was the gown I fell in love with. Everything else paled in comparison. Kahit yung mga gowns na gusto ko na akala ko would look good on me pero hindi naman pala. hehe. Iba pa din yung magkakaron ka ng "This is it" moment. hehe. 

The great thing with lace gowns, it doesn't wrinkle. It traveled with me from London to LA to Manila, rolled up lang. It was inside its bag, inside my handcarry. When we unrolled it for the alterations, it was still wrinkle free.

Bad thing about RTW, you can't lose weight, can't gain weight. We went to Paolo Blanco for alterations for the hem. Nung sinukat ko, they had to trim about 1.5 inch each side, kasi I lost weight. That was the start of my holiday. By the time nung sinukat ko na uli for my wedding, I gained a bit of weight. Akala ko hindi nila masasara. Hahaha. Kaya skin tight talaga uung gown ko. But never the less, I was still able to dance and move freely hehe. Another thing pala, some RTW gowns, do not come with veil. I asked Paolo to custom to make one for me, and ang ganda nung ginawa nya. Others also do not come with the secondary veil and wedding cord. You can buy this in Divisoria for such a cheap price. For the veil, cord and garter, I got them for less than P400. Not bad.  Good luck da preps sis

LilaFowler

  • Guest
@ncs - Great to hear you found something from Ivory and Lace. Which one did you get? You had a similar experience pala with the girl texting. Akala ko ako lang dahil mukha akong walang pambili! Hahaha.

@missus o - I'm based in Sydney so I went looking here as well. I had a couple of dresses in mind already and I was willing to bite na pero I didn't want to commit until my Mum sees the dress. Good thing I came home and had a look at white label and found something I love for the fraction of a price.

My next fitting is in February, final fitting is in April. I think they can still make alterations to the size but not so much to the style of the dress. It might be different for full lace dresses kasi they have to undo the whole lace then put it back together to resize. Lucky the alterations are included in the price. When I inquired in Sydney it's another P30k to take the dress in, another P30k to get sleeves attached. It was one of the things that irked me when I was shopping. I felt that the price of the dress should include getting it in a condition that you can wear it.

The veil is also included. It's only plain but I want to get one that is lace edged (mantilla). I may have to buy another veil esp if the tulle is too thick. I want to make sure my face can still be seen in photos.

I always hear about David's bridal online and I think they have a wide variety of dresses. I saw your dress in one of the other threads. You looked immaculate!

One thing to note with RTW, make sure you read the contract. They made a mistake twice with mine. First they had the wrong model and then the wrong measurement for the veil. It said 5 ft (chapel) when it should be 5 yards (cathedral).

ncs

  • Guest
Hi LilaFowler! It's Ivory and White :) Iba pa yung Ivory and Lace, sa Landmark yun (and magaganda rin ang gowns). I got the Marion gown pero babaguhin namin yung belt tapos pinatanggal ko yung sleeveless part. Ang tinira lang namin is the tube hehe. I liked the skirt kasi, A-line, not too poofy. I'm petite kasi so baka malunod ako sa skirt. I also liked the full lace, hindi lang appliques :) Then papadagdagan ko ng tulle na off shoulder :) My problem lang is it's super low back and I'm super payat so medyo mahirap pagdating sa boobs part, feeling ko malalaglag since tube na siya haha!

Went there yesterday for my 2nd fitting. Wala si texting girl (buti naman!), the one who assisted us was very nice and professional (Jona) kasi she wrote down all our concerns and alterations needed and she let me sign it. The texting girl didn't do that nung 1st fitting ko, kaya ayan may kulang siya na hindi nagawa for my 2nd fitting.

And you're right na dapat included na sa price yung alterations. That's what I love about Ivory and White and White Label. Kasi even if it's RTW, they will still order a new gown in your measurements then i-alter nalang if kailangan pa ng adjustments. With The Bridal Room kasi, you get the exact gown na you fitted and separate payment pa for the alterations. And to think super mahal na ng gowns sa Bridal Room.

So happy with the RTW shops we picked! :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
^ sis may part 17 na pala!

Sorry nalilito ako sa ivory and lace and ivory and white!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close