Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 56909 times)

shopaholic

  • Guest
Hi Sis j.adore, not to bash Patricia Santos, but that was the problem of my friend. When the dress arrived the day before her wedding, super bare. So she called them to complain, and three seamstresses arrived in the morning to add embellishments. It turned out ok, but my friend got so stressed, she was complaining about it after the wedding.  So I suggest that your friend ask for the dress early, or inquire about the specific beading and when it will be put on the gown.

Cee05

  • Guest
Chili1113 & rowan: I don't know if I was being OA lang (and highly emotional) but I seriously wanted to cry out of sheer happiness yesterday!!! I had very low expectations lang since I was thinking naman na I'll be fitting the lining lang. It was really just the lining, with tulle, petticoat and sleeves but I really felt like a princess (no other way to describe it and exactly what I wanted to feel like!) It's really different pala 'no? I bought my own lace kasi during one of my travels last year and brought it to her yesterday; there was a time yesterday when she made it patong on top of the lining and I literally got goosebumps :) I must say though, wearing heels ('coz I was wearing sandals lang yesterday and she made me wear heels on the spot) made a HUGE difference. I'm so excited for my next fitting!!! I swear, I super love Richie talaga :) Sorry for the long post but I felt lang like I needed to gush about my experience yesterday. Hahaha :)

chellai_kawaii

  • Guest
Hi Sis Cee,

How much rate ni Richie Ortega? TIA!

rowan

  • Guest
^^wow so happy for you cee05! and so excited for me as well! gosh so inggit that youre already in the process of having your gown made and will wear it in a few months! i cant wait for your pictures! im sure it will be lovely:)


Chili1113

  • Guest
Cee05: Hugs!!!!! =) SO happy you had that bridal moment in your 1st fitting with Richie. When I went for 1st fitting, I still didn't have the petticoat. But they sent me a picture of my gown last week and the embroidery on the bodice is on na!

I remember when I went for fitting, it was really just the lining, but it for perfectly. And the way Richie was pinning the gown on me, made me feel like my gown was being literally molded onto my body!!

I really love Richie!! Haha eveything is so painless and hassle-free with them. They even delivered the sample laces and embroidery for me to choose from to my house before! Plus I trust Richie talaga that even with my entourage gowns I let her choose the color swatches for me. She picked 8 colors based on my stylist's mood board, then from there we both narrowed it down to 4 colors.

Chellai_kawaii: If you call the secretary she says that Richie's starting is 100k but it is best to meet her. Because it really depends on the style and materials and it can go lower than that. It will also go over that if you use Chantilly lace etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:05:57 pm by Chili1113 »

Cee05

  • Guest
chellai_kawaii: Hi sis! I think my setup is a bit different since I provided the lace of my dress. :) Just like what Chili1113 said, might be best to contact Richie and set up a meeting! You won't regret it! Haha.

rowan: Ahhh! I'm still on cloud 9, haha. When's your fitting na? :)

Chili1113: It wasn't the dress only for me but the whole experience. I really felt alagang-alaga yesterday and really comfortable, Richie encouraged me pa nga to exchange ideas with her after seeing the lining. Like if may off ba for me or whatever, which I really appreciated. :)

m_lim

  • Guest
i saw Patricia Santos in IG, gaganda rin gawa niya.

i got Veluz for my wedding 4years ago. ayun, nakatambak na. hehe. pero worth it naman.

wednesdei

  • Guest
I booked Roxy Bagano last bridal fair. Yung inisketch nya kasi sa akin halos kaparehas din nung inisketch ni Jazel Sy sa akin kaya naisip ko, siguro yun talaga yung bagay sa body type at height ko. I'm petite kasi and medyo on the pear side.

I like kasi din yung personality nya. She was very nice and she adjusted her design right away nung sinabi ko na may mga areas ako na gusto itago (back fat). I can also change din daw my design any time before the measurement taking (June 4) at no extra cost. Jazel Sy kasi medyo strict dun.

The best part, she only quoted me Php38k for my gown which Jazel Sy quoted me Php80-90k naman (halos same design lang).

j.adore

  • Guest
Thanks! Day before daw talaga deliver yung gown.
Eto lang daw problematic of all their suppliers :(

hermione28

  • Guest
I was thinking to add detachable train for my ball gown.

Anyone knows sino gumagawa ng ganun?

Not sure pa kung anong klase yung papagawa ko, depense syempre sa design ng gown ko, bahal na designer, basta I want it longer sana.

http://g04.s.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PZBCKVXXXXX0XVXXq6xXFXXXC/2015-Gorgeous-Tiered-Detachable-Train-Applique-Lace.jpg
http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1IpkmKXXXXXXZXXXXq6xXFXXXT/2016-Luxuries-Bridal-Gown-Ball-Gown-see-though-back-zipper-v-neck-Cathedral-Train-Appliques-Lace.jpg

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Hi girls, any Julianne Syjuco bride here or does any one can give reviews about her work, communication, in terms of deliver, rates and personality? I'm considering her for my gown sobrang gusto ko [textspeak!] mga design nya. TIA :)

I inquired with Julianne for my prenup gowns. She has a very dainty, feminine style I liked.
Price wise she was willing to give a bit of a discount, too. Her shop is accessible pero wala masyadong ma-parkan. Pero ok na sana, at least malapit (near Rockwell). But for some reason i just wasn't super comfortable with her because she was insisting on this style I wasn't a fan of at all. I felt like i didn't have a choice as she wasn't offering much alternatives. Medyo quiet din sya so di ko alam what she was thinking.... she was just waiting for me to say yes. So i ended up not booking. Still a fan though of her work, classy.

querubin

  • Guest
^thanks sis sparklingjewel for your feedback :) naku i'm the type pa naman na pag mahaba na usapan na OO nalang baka hindi makuha yun gown peg ko if that's how she deal with client. I have kinda trauma with custom made gown kaya my first choice would be an RTW, I'll be scouting Rosa Clara, White Label and Bridal Room first. if wala ko makita last resort na custom made, so I'm looking for designers na medyo close sa mga peg ko ang design and Julianne is one of them, my first choice is Vania Romoff kaso hindi pa sya nagrereply sa message ko eh. Any feedback with her? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:19:58 pm by querubin »

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
Out of curiosity lang, are Mother's gowns almost always pricier than entourage or MOH gowns? Aside from size??, is there any other reason behind it? What if sexy naman yung mom, hehe.

rowan

  • Guest
^^Querubin, I think Vania just started her maternity leave so it might take a while before she can meet you. You can email her though, she has a secretary:0

^InquisitorLavellan, usually mom's dresses have more material than entourage members like they have sequins and lace while MOH has lace lang then others chiffon lang. This is done so the mothers will stand out. I guess you can also tell the designer that you want all dresses to have the same materials lang, Im sure they'll comply as it is your preference.

querubin

  • Guest
^thanks sis rowan for the info :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:39:09 pm by querubin »

InquisitorLavellan

  • Guest
I see, thanks sis Rowan :) Some of the suppliers we inquired have an automatic price range agad basta sinabi na mother of the bride. Hopefully our selected designer can lower the price a bit.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Came from my 2nd fitting with Richie Ortega Torres and I am very happy with the progress!! =) =) She even made a separate full inner corset for me! She really knows how to address issues I have with my figure hehe.

Cee05: You're right. It really is a whole experience having the gown made by Richie. Ive been married before but my wedding gown experience with Richie is really different and feels very personal. I can't explain it, hehe But everytime I go to her I feel like she is taking good care of me.

j.adore

  • Guest
Continuation of the stress story from my colleague:

The gown was delivered the night before. As in dapat tulog na yung bride but noooo. Waiting for her gown pa!
To top it off, wala ang veil. This one delivered near lunch time na so wala sa preps shoot.

The other gowns looked really good on the rest of the entourage but the bride's, the front was off. Though fabric, materials, workmanship are good, the fit and design weren't bagay sa bride :(

Buti na lang overall wedding was beautiful and the couple looked super happy!

Consider the service when getting designers. Read and ask about experiences of previous clients. When in doubt, no matter how small, don't!

Chili1113

  • Guest
^Oh my... that is just so wrong! Patricia Santos charges so much pa naman. The stress and all, oh my goodness. That is so unfair to the bride who is paying a premium price. I could forgive the late delivery of the gown or even the late veil,  but if the fit is off that's a different story. I am glad your friend still had a very beautiful and happy wedding!!

lippiequeen

  • Guest
^nako!!! Super ganda pa naman ng work nya for me tapos ganon na pala? Friend's friend nga 200k na charge ni pat sa gown nya but i heard happy na happy naman siya sa work ni Patricia. And yung iba din na kilala ko pero tatanungin ko din sila soon pag may get together. And maganda sa pictures yung gown na yun ang sad naman kung ganyan. Sana may magpost na patricia brides dito ang sad naman kung ganyan, ang gaganda pa naman ng work nya.

My friend naman got francis libiran to do her gown, kinabahan after seeing Pauline's hahaha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close