Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 56880 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
^Andrea has good reviews! I considered her for my entourage gowns too. Her gowns start at 6500 no draping or ruching. I think the gowns with ruching are at 7500.

lots-o

  • Guest
^lots-o, did you have your ento gowns made by mel orlina too? if yes, how much does she charge per gown? :)

Hi Sis belle_v2g  nope i didnt get her na. When we booked mel my wedding is supposed to be in december and with this i didnt wanna cram narin since its peak season for her i have 9 entourage pair so medyo mahirap narin yun we opted for paolo blanco. You can research on him on bride and breakfast as he was featured so many times narin. His works for me is ok and reasonable so far no negative feedback on him. He would even suggest and give you imputs plus my MIL loves him so plus na yun sa akin.

stella021817

  • Guest
@Chili1113: I guess her rates have gone up. She quoted me 7K starting (8K for powerknit). Though she did say the actual price will be dependent on the fabric I choose. Hopefully I can negotiate when I speak to her!
I think I read in previous posts that you got Teena Sabrina for your entourage before? May I ask how that went? I'm also considering her (though I'm a bit apprehensive as my friend told me that she's heard some not-so-great feedback)

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Hi sisses! Im looking for a good couturier for my mom's gown.. My budget is below 10k. Is my budget feasible for a good couturier? Any recommendations?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Super like Andrea. Pretty, chatty and talented. I wish she was a bit more affordable, wouldve gotten her for my ento. Her output is a lot like Patricia Santos but a lot cheaper. Plus she's super nice and accommodating.

Chili1113

  • Guest
My goodness! Here I am again with my gown issues. This gown I had made by my previous entourage gown supplier has been altered 4x already. I had picked it up earlier and haaay di pa rin talaga maayos the fit.

Im so tired of going to them to fix it. parang walang pagasa unless they redo he entire bodice.

Thank God I am not going i got someone else for my entourage gowns. Sayang because as a person I really love her. Design wise shes really good. Major fail lang in the execution. :( :( especially in this last gown.

hermione28

  • Guest
I said yes to my gown! OMG sarap ng feeling. Nakakaiyak! Haha. Nung nasa car nagtataka si h2b bakit daw ako umiiyak. Hahaha. Nakaka touch talaga eh pag nakita mo yung gown na isusoot mo sa altar. Waaaaaa.

Btw its an RTW lang from a bridal shop here in Dubai. Sincerity Bridal yung brand under the famous Designer Justin Alexander.

Simple ballgown lang. Pero ang ganda talaga ng fit saken. Can't say no so I bought it kaagad. Hehe.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:54:54 am by hermione28 »

Chili1113

  • Guest
hermione28!!!Congrats sis!!! You know it is THE gown when you get that bridal feeling. Youre so lucky RTW gown mo. Hirap sa custom gowns sometimes you wont know talaga how it will look like till the end!

autumn625

  • Guest
@sis lots-o: How much is the starting rate of paolo blanco's entourage dresses? Thanks!

lots-o

  • Guest
@sis lots-o: How much is the starting rate of paolo blanco's entourage dresses? Thanks!

Sis the rate starts at 4k for BM orsecondary, 6K For Moms and 3K for FG pero if you will be getting your gown with him may package ata sya. You can inquire on FB mabilis naman sya magreply sis.

stella021817

  • Guest
@sparklingjewel: I've been hearing good feedback about Andrea, and she's quite easy to talk to via viber. I think I'll set a meeting with her to see her gowns in person though (I'm very particular when it comes to fit and workmanship). And well, I'm hoping her output is better than Patricia's! Patricia made a dress for me last year (I was a bridesmaid) and I was not happy with her service or output. My friend's dress (she was the bride) was beautiful, though.

@Chili1113: Maybe you can ask her to redo the bodice then? If she's serious about quality, I think she should be more than willing to do that. Especially after 4 alterations. That's such a hassle.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Hi Stella!! Thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps they should redo the entire thing. Like once when my mom had a gown made by Richie Ortega, the dress was way too tight as I think the cutter made a mistake. So they re-did the entire bodice!

With this gown I am so annoyed already!!! I want to give up already. But my mom and sister told me to keep going back to the designer and bug them to fix it because I already ordered 3 dresses and gowns from them.--- Side note, all those 3 dresses were quite a pain to have made. Lahat ng gowns from her i had quality issues with.

hermione28

  • Guest
hermione28!!!Congrats sis!!! You know it is THE gown when you get that bridal feeling. Youre so lucky RTW gown mo. Hirap sa custom gowns sometimes you wont know talaga how it will look like till the end!

Thanks sis. yup iba talaga yung feeling. nakakatuwa.

The reason why I chose RTW gown. ayoko kasi ng problema. I have tried custom made gowns so many times, grabe sakit ng ulo. Kaya never na talaga ako magpapagawa ng gown.

stella021817

  • Guest
@chilli1113: sent you a PM :) Good luck with this! I really hope it'll get resolved. I think you just need to not take no for an answer. Either ask her to redo the bodice, or keep going back for alterations until you're satisfied (which is a hassle, but at least you won't throw your payment down the drain?).

hermione28

  • Guest
can anyone refer for my entourage gowns. yung mura lang sana.

budget less than 2k. :)

TIA!

stella021817

  • Guest
@hermione28: if you don't mind RTW, Style Staple makes nice jersey gowns for 2K or less (though some designs are more). I've bought several and worn them to weddings (as a guest). They're on instagram, and have a store in White Plains. I think their rate for MTO (for entourage) is 3K up.

stella021817

  • Guest
Does anyone know someone who can make nice flower girl dresses for less than 2K? Located near ortigas or QC preferably...
All the couturiers are quoting 3.5K up, which is out of my budget .. If I can't find a good one, I will probably just buy the flower girl dresses in gingersnaps or a department store, hehe.

iamgelC

  • Guest
I said yes to my gown! OMG sarap ng feeling. Nakakaiyak! Haha. Nung nasa car nagtataka si h2b bakit daw ako umiiyak. Hahaha. Nakaka touch talaga eh pag nakita mo yung gown na isusoot mo sa altar. Waaaaaa.

Btw its an RTW lang from a bridal shop here in Dubai. Sincerity Bridal yung brand under the famous Designer Justin Alexander.

Simple ballgown lang. Pero ang ganda talaga ng fit saken. Can't say no so I bought it kaagad. Hehe.


Hi SIS. Im also based in Dubai. I am actually thinking if I will make my Gown RTW or will have it made in PH. Nagdadalawang isip ako. Saan ka po tumingin dto sa dubai and magkano kaya nag range ang prices if you dont mind. Thanks po

misspogee

  • Guest
Hi! San po may magagandang wedding gown for rent? Preferably Antipolo,TayTay,Cainta,Marikina po ang Location :) Or saan pong shop may nag aalter ng gown.Actually i have na yung ginagamit ng ate ko before kaso di fit sa akin kasi maliit boobs nya mine is big haha! Balak ko ipa alter kaso baka it will cost too much kaya inisip ko mag rent nalang.Thanks in advance!

Tubby

  • Guest
Hi Sis belle_v2g  nope i didnt get her na. When we booked mel my wedding is supposed to be in december and with this i didnt wanna cram narin since its peak season for her i have 9 entourage pair so medyo mahirap narin yun we opted for paolo blanco. You can research on him on bride and breakfast as he was featured so many times narin. His works for me is ok and reasonable so far no negative feedback on him. He would even suggest and give you imputs plus my MIL loves him so plus na yun sa akin.

Hi, Sis! Got Paolo Blanco for my ento as well. Ok naman sya. Layo lang the place from us. Just make sure tama yung fitting and delivery sched. We had some rescheds but generally okay naman.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close