Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 56923 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
HI belle_v2g and burburi!! Yes Ivory and White came over last night and fixed our gowns for 3 hours. Dito na sila nag dinner. They really really tried their best to fix it and we super appreciate the effort. They made the gowns wearable last minute. And Paula was super gracious in handling my tantrums when I called her and also sent messages on FB. They tried their best so I feel bad in giving a bad review still. But to be honest talaga, the gowns were not well made to begin with kaya puro retoke nalang. I would not recommend this place to anyone for entourage gowns. But in all fairness my sister-in-law's wedding gown was beautiful!! She chose a plain gown with no beading from ivory and white and the fit was perfect!!!

SO go to Ivory and White for wedding gowns. BUT please get your entourage gowns somewhere else.

BTW sis belle--- thanks for recommending Thea!! My whole family loves her and Omai! Even my dad hung out with us our in our "make-up room" para maki chismis with sila Thea hahaha. They're so galing pa!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Sis chili, I'm glad your gown kahit paano, they exerted effort to fix it the other night. Nabasa ko your post yesterday morning na lang kasi and saw the photos as well. Omai is good and funny. He did my ento's hair too. Thea has another hairstylist Christopher Fajardo who did my 3 hairstyles sa wedding. Super galing nga nila and tahimik lang magwork, si Omai lang maingay hehe! :) I love your makeup, pati sa sis and mum mo. Ganda!! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thank you belle_v2g!!! Thanks for recommending Thea. We were just talking over lunch na big factor also na very light and happy the atmosphere when we were having our makeup done-- thanks to Thea and Omai. My mom and sister were very happy with their looks also!

lorraine421

  • Guest
Anyone here who had their wedding gown and entourage dresses made in pandi bulacan? I heard marami shop dondo u have any recommendations. Thanks

hunny

  • Guest
Gretchen Pichay exceeded expectations. I felt so beautiful in the gown she made me :)

Tubby

  • Guest
^Same here, sis! Can you please show me your gown? :)
Exceeded expectations din ako.

My only wish is sana I booked her earlier kasi second bride na ako for the day so team nya lang nag dress up sa akin.

What I like best about Gretchen are the extras - like free head piece, etc.

Chili1113

  • Guest
I am so far very pleased that I asked my wedding gown designer to also do the entourage gowns. What I like is wala ako any problem for scheduling of measurements -- it is the secretary who texts the entourage members one by one. I don't even have to lift a finger. =) =) Down side, is their gowns really cost more than the usual. But at this point, I don't want any stress talaga.

lots-o

  • Guest
Yes agree with you sis chili its ok to pay a little extra to cut down the stress. Im excited to see my entogowns too. Last month mel sent me the form of my dress with the applique placement. Im kinda hesitant on the buttom part pero she assured me that they will fix it nicely, hindi pa kasi nakatahi so parang messy pa tignan. Pero so far maganda na daw sabi ng MOH ko. Every process inupdate naman nila ako thru email. I cannot get the feeling of monthly measurement  i think i will only have 3 fittings all in all.

Chili1113

  • Guest
^3 fittings is not bad at all lots-o for an overseas bride. If all goes well I think I'll also only have 3-4 fittings even if I am Manila based. 1st fitting is just the base. 2nd fitting this month will include the embroidery and I am so nervous!!

Im sure Mel will fix it! And yes when the appliques are just pinned and not sewn yet it really looks messy but it will be all good when done.  Mel's gowns are becoming nicer and nicer as months go by =)

lots-o

  • Guest
Sana nga hindi ko narin kasi nakita yung binago nila so i will be surprise on my 1st fitting.Im excited for you sis chili! Im sure it will fit you well. You brother and SIL wedding is divine i just saw the video of notion. Well executed!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thank you lots-o in behalf of by bro and SIL!! Theyre so lucky a lot of the suppliers were available even with only 7 months planning. Whaaaa excited na also for you and your next fitting sis!

lots-o

  • Guest
Oh lucky them! I regret initially planing my wedding on december, bukod sa top choices are no longer available , we need to stick with them even if we are moving the date to the following year because of our deposit sayang din kasi. We planned 1 year ahead pa yun.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
^lots-o, did you have your ento gowns made by mel orlina too? if yes, how much does she charge per gown? :)

wednesdei

  • Guest
I finally went to Jazel Sy's shop kanina. Siya yung unang wedding designer na mineet ko and she was nice naman. I read kasi sabi ng iba she is a bit suplada. Pero sa akin naman, she was not very chatty but still very nice naman although parang halata sa aura nya na pagod na siya. Siguro kasi mga almost 4pm na yun.

She asked my budget and then she asked me my pegs. Yung pegs ko actually works din naman nya kaya madali din niya naexplain yung details. She asked me to stand up and then ayun nag start na siya mag sketch ng design for me na pasok sa body type and budget ko. I like din na hindi siya pushy and when she learned na siya yung una kong mineet, okay lang daw if I scout around pa.

I actually like na the gown na dinesign nya sa akin pero magpapa appointment pa din ako sa iba na pinag pipilian ko like Mel Orlina. I'm giving myself kasi until the end of the month para makapag decide na.

yannuh

  • Guest
Share ko lang. i just saw Gee Ann Abrajan (PBB?)'s wedding gown done by Cary Santiago. I am super inlove with it ♥ I even asked my husband to marry me again and peg ko talaga her wedding gown. haha :p

rowan

  • Guest
Officially a Richie Ortega Torres bride! Weee... I feel at peace with my choice:)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Rowan!!! Congrats in getting Richie!!! =) =) She takes long to give the sketch noh? But when she does give the sketch, it is much better that expected or imagined.

rowan

  • Guest
^yes yes! thanks for recommending her chili1113!!! her sketch was worth the wait! and im pretty confident its gonna get more beautiful as we go along. with her i get creativity+expertise in getting the right fit, love it!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Very happy with the service so far of Richie Ortega Torres, my gown designer. I switched to her just last month from a previos supplier for my entourage gowns. Just happy because she and secretary are the ones who are following-up my entourage members to come in for their measurements. And she's so accommodating.

Several of my entourage members were requesting if they can go to her Rockwell residence for measurements instead of their Makati workshop. And Richie is so nice she is accommodating that request-- even if it would be so much for convenient for her to just make them all go to her workshop. She is also willing to discuss each gown design for each entourage member--which is actually more work on her part, but that's how nice and accommodating she is.

She is a bit pricey though, but I guess in this case I am getting what I am paying for. The service is really good and super stress-free for me!

stella021817

  • Guest
Has anyone tried Andrea Tetangco of Coca Couture for their entourage gowns (or any gowns actually)? I found her on instagram, and am considering her for my entourage's gowns, but I don't personally know anyone who's had anything made with her...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close