Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 57002 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Meron ba dito na Jazel Sy brides? Any feedback? Before kasi ang top choice ko si Mel Orlina pero I heard a lot of bad things about sa attitude nya kaya parang ayoko na.

You should go set an appointment with her. She has sample work there in her shop for you to look at, and so you get a feel if she is the one for you. Ok naman sya for me, mabait and i like the output. But her veil costs extra.... +10k ata and you have to add payment din for more swarovski/ beads so she ended up outside my 100k budget then. I like that she uses several kinds of beads though.

Chili1113

  • Guest
^ Maureen Disini has very classy designs! Very simple and minimal. Not heavy on beading, but is all about using high quality laces. I have never seen a heavily beaded gown from her which is actually very elegant and classy of her to go against the current fad of "padamihan ng beads." In reality handmade lace is way more subtle, but also way more expensive. Ive also never seen a heavily embroidered gown from Maureen. Really more on fine and exquisite laces.

Her clientele is upscale and elite. She's not my designer but if I wouldnt mind at all wearing a Maureen Disini bridal gown. I like her aesthetics very much.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^I wonder how much her bridal gown rates are kung ento palang 16k na. Haha. Scary. medyo Vania sya noh?

Chili1113

  • Guest
^I agree! Her style is kinda minimalist and similar to Vania's lacy wedding gowns. I prefer Maureen's formal stuff to Vania's though hehe but that's just me. I like Vania's casual wear more though.

meixin

  • Guest
Hi has anyone tried Hannah Kong for their wedding gown? kamusta naman ang gawa nya? :)

Megantaur

  • Guest
I really love heavy embroidery and laces from Edward Teng's design, but if Maureen's mom offered again it would be nice to have a wedding gown for my reception. I did see her works, very elegant looking and expensive.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
^edward teng did my reception gown. it's just a simple, white flowy dress with minimal beading. (made it really simple kasi i used it for the grand entrance) and we had dance productions. he made it 3 months before the wedding. i sent my measurements online lang since i'm based overseas. very minimal adjustments when i had my fitting tapos kuhang kuha nila the style i sent him.

2016_May_Bride

  • Guest
hi sis... i just want to ask if okay naman ang adora couture?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
^6k per head, all powerknit with ruching and top and bottom drapings for mine :) Agree with Chili, she is super nice to deal with and very prompt. She would always be so nice even if pasaway my ento sa fitting scheds and paiba-iba.

I was a bit underwhelmed with the initial fittings kasi yung ibang girls may adjustments pa daw na medyo major and parts that weren't all tucked in. And yesterday i told her i wanted more draping on the skirts (even if none of my girls requested it..) because i wanted it to look fuller like my peg. She agreed naman kahit gawa na yung dresses. I think cheaper designers can do what she does pero the level of service is part of what we paid for :-)

Chili1113

  • Guest
asifbymagic: 6k for plain ruched dresses in any fabric, and 8k up for gowns with lace etc.

As Sparklingjewel said she is nice and prompt. You will never have a problem with her producing the dresses on schedule. BUT I was a bit disappointed with the recent ento gowns I saw hanging in her shop. I found them a bit ordinary with ruching not too neatly done.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:40:33 am by Chili1113 »

asifbymagic

  • Guest
Hi mga sis!does anyone knows kung magkano ang price range ni Kristel Yulo..i am really love her style..TIA sis!
hi sis ddistor! Kristel Yulo bride here. Have you emailed her na sa price range? Pero as ece said, nasa 75k yung starting. Ang OK sa kanya is may 10% discount if you pay in full which is malaki narin. They're super nice and responsive din.

burberi

  • Guest
Nagpasched na ako ng first meeting with April Dalid next week. Sya yung first na mameemeet ko na designer. Ano ba usually nangyayari sa first meetup? Ano ang mga dapat kong itanong at alamin?

f878

  • Guest
sis burberi, #1 don't forget to bring your pegs. if you can print them out then better. :) sa first meeting kase usually nangyayari yung sketch based on your pegs then ipe-present sa'yo para magka-idea ka if there's anything you want to add/modify.
you can also ask for fabric swatches or sample materials if she has them on hand.
then discuss yung timeline ng fittings at kung kelan mo makukuha. add mo na din yung payment terms and coverage ng service like if she'll be there on the day to help you dress up. pati na yung inclusions tulad ng accessories kung sa kanya ka din papagawa. :)

burberi

  • Guest
^Thanks sis for the tips! Big help :) sana may maipakita sya swatches ng lace. gusto ko talaga mafeel yung quality. :) ilang designers ang nameet mo sis, bago ka nakapagdecide kung sino?

f878

  • Guest
nung preps ko sis marami din akong bridal fair na pinuntahan. usually nagtatanong lang ako ng starting price sa mga nandun na couturier or makikichika saglit regarding packages pero si roxy lang talaga ang sinadya kong designer. after ng meeting namin, na-"this is it" feeling na ko sa kanya kaya wala na kong ibang designer na kinonsder. ;D

there are other brides naman na umabot ng 10 designers/sketches bago nila nahanap yung designer for them kaya if you still want to meet with other designers, go lang basta may time at resources ka. :)

damnation

  • Guest
Merry Christmas everyone!

Any feedback and price to expect for John Herrera and Dennis Lustico? We are looking to book Kristel Yulo but members of the family want us to check the 2 designers. Thanks!

anjjj

  • Guest
Hi mga sis! I've been lurking in this site for a year now since I got engaged. Ask ko lang any mak tumang or rich fontanilla brides, how are your experiences with them? Sila kasi ang top choices ko at sobrang nahihirapan ako magdecide kung sino sa kanila. Your inputs will definitely help me to decide. Thanks in advance! 😊

Chili1113

  • Guest
My brother's wedding is tomorrow. Some of the entourage gowns were made in Ivory and White Bridal store in Katipunan. My sister and I are panicking because our gowns are SOOOO bad. My gown is supposed to have tulle on top of a sweetheart bodice. Well the tulle isnt even sewn in front so I have a dangling piece of cloth in the front of my gown. The back tulle which they claim is supposed to be a keyhole looks bad and unfinished.

More than anything pa, our gowns were supposed to be picked up last Sunday. But since we dont have a driver on Sundays, we sent the driver Monday morning. Lo and behold our gowns werent there. Tusday pa daw. And only for us to pick the gowns up today and my gosh I dunno what quality this is. During our fittings, same thing happend. But good thing we called ahead to confirm our fitting sched only for us to find out that the gowns arent even in the shop for fitting on our scheduled day.

It is the worst gown. I called and told Janina and Paula that the gown looks even worse than some gowns in Divisoria. BTW my sister's gown has this huge snag in front right below the waist. But I guess pwede na din pagtiyagaan. But my gown is really the worst because the front tulle is not attached to the waist part.

I sent pictures on Ivory and White's FB page. And they said that either we send the gown back, or they will send someone over to fix it. I said we cannot send it back anymore because the driver is really busy doing errands for the wedding tom. So I dunno if they will really send someone over to fix the gowns.

HERE is the link to how my dress looks like in front: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw0u5ll8a7z79ut/10632570_10153538423244475_2702175658457572672_n.jpg?dl=0
notice the faint line on top of the waist? That is the edge tulle that is supposed to be sewn on to the waist of the dress.

Here is the back: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gh9vwjxnl92frh/1493152_10153538449414475_2167368332655106651_n.jpg?dl=0

OMG parang di sya natapos gawin!! They told me when I complained "keyhole" style daw kasi. UHM... That isn't a KEYHOLE! That is a huge gaping HOLE on the back of my dress!!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:41:08 pm by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
aww chili, i hope you had it fixed already. super gahol pa naman na sa time.

burberi

  • Guest
@Chili1113 oo nga, sobrang laki naman nung keyhole na yun. Grabe sila, magwawala siguro ko sa shop nila pag ganyan >_>

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close