Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 16 | MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 56903 times)

iamsuperizch

  • Guest
9 Bridal Boutiques You Definitely Need To Visit by Bride and Breakfast
This article might help those who are with tight budget.

Previous thread here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:44:16 pm by iamsuperizch »

edna_mode

  • Guest
^sis super helpful nung link na shinare mo :) thanks sis!

iamsuperizch

  • Guest
^Welcome. ;)  Super helpful indeed.  I bookmarked it na (just in case). ;D  It is also nice that they have photos of the shops.  At least you already know what to expect plus the prices. :)

twinxz

  • Guest
Kumusta sisses natin na nag-1st fitting na? :D  Excited for mine, next month!  8)

janagirl

  • Guest
Thanks for sharing the link sis. Medyo dito ko na sstress ngayon. 6 months to go before my wedding and  hindi pa din ako decided sa gusto kong gown, if customized or RTW, or rent (?) haha! I'm eyeing Ivory and Lace though, within my budget kasi and nice naman ang mga designs. :)

raspberi

  • Guest
Mga Sis, when would be the best time to contact the couturiers?
I'm a plus-size bride kasi kaya I'm really eyeing Niño Angeles since he was highly recommended by a schoolmate who's plus-size also.
April 2016 pa naman ang wedding ko, but aside from Niño, may pwede ba kayo i-recommend na nagki-cater sa mga plus-size/BBWs?

anneshirley

  • Guest
Hey raspberi, the designers I've met tell me they need to start fitting at least 6 months before (ideal scenario)  :)

raspberi

  • Guest
^ Thanks anneshirley. I need to find a designer come October.
Yun pala ang hardest supplier for a plus-size bride  :'(

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Mga Sis, when would be the best time to contact the couturiers?
I'm a plus-size bride kasi kaya I'm really eyeing Niño Angeles since he was highly recommended by a schoolmate who's plus-size also.
April 2016 pa naman ang wedding ko, but aside from Niño, may pwede ba kayo i-recommend na nagki-cater sa mga plus-size/BBWs?

The earlier the better, because some of them get easily booked. And the popular couturiers have limited slots per month. 6 months prior to would be the initial measurements. I've seen Mel Orlina's works on some plus size brides, they are all very pretty :)

anneshirley

  • Guest
^ Thanks anneshirley. I need to find a designer come October.
Yun pala ang hardest supplier for a plus-size bride  :'(

Don't fret dear - making amazing dresses for every body type is the mark of a great designer and that is not in short supply in Manila :) Bonzaigirl is right, Mel Orlina does create shape for all her brides. I'm browsing through Instagram and saw this from Andrea Tetangco too: https://instagram.com/p/wnpH-9H52b/?taken-by=cocacouture_by_andreatetangco

So just research and I'm sure you'll find your couturier :)

EynaBanana

  • Guest
hi sisses.. i don't know if this is the right thread pero would anyone know where to buy yung lace-y robes for brides which can be used during prep time? TIA.

thisgirlisonfayer

  • Guest
@Eynabanana

Follow @laterceraonline in instagram sis! They specialize custom made robes for bride :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
hi sisses.. i don't know if this is the right thread pero would anyone know where to buy yung lace-y robes for brides which can be used during prep time? TIA.

Hi sis, have you tried inquiring sa La Tercera? They have very nice robes. I believe their price ranges from 3,000 and above. And they are also very quick to reply.

yannuh

  • Guest
For budget brides, I've found bridal robes in Sta. Lucia East Grandmall's Dept Store:) Been to diff malls looking for this kaya lang walang mahanap. Dun ko lang pala makikita HAHAHA. 500 lang then may 10% off pa so 450 na lang sya. Silk then may lace sa sleeves part. Super happy ko HAHA :p Plan to have "Mrs.(H2B's surname)" embroidered on its back if makahanap ako ng murang nageembroider pero if wala, ok na din:)  Si sis f878, may suggestion din, Gigi Amore yung brand sa SM Dept Store. 900 ata:) Then si sis maukris, Surco naman. Good find yun both:)

Sa mga may budget naman, try La Tercera and Amelia in Lace:)

EynaBanana

  • Guest
thank you thank you mga sis ☺️👍

raspberi

  • Guest
The earlier the better, because some of them get easily booked. And the popular couturiers have limited slots per month. 6 months prior to would be the initial measurements. I've seen Mel Orlina's works on some plus size brides, they are all very pretty :)

thanks sis bonzaigirl big help kayo ni sis anneshirley
I'm still on my quest to find my designer. I'll update you both pag may nakita na ako...

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Im planning to go to RTW shops and fit different styles of gowns to see for myself if it fits me or not.. ok lang naman siguro db?? no commitments to the RTW shop.

Then to my Entourage dresses kay Roxy Bagano nako papagawa, floor length tapos may lace details sa upper half around 5k daw. Then sa kanya na din ako kukuha for the cloth of the ninangs, 10pairs pa naman ako.. magastos pala din talaga.

caleeice

  • Guest
Just sharing my two cents/suggestion to help minimize costs for all the brides here. During the start of preps, we considered giving cloths to our principal sponsors. However, we decided against it because we were cautioned by some elders, thus we felt dyahe to impose our PS to have their dresses made. So we just gave them swatches to inform them that color palette for them is beige. They were all happy to oblige since the color is neutral and they could easily wear their dresses for other events.

Win-win situation. We got to save costs from buying cloths or shouldering their gowns and they got to freely choose their attire and were not forced to spend money to have dresses done which they cannot use later on (those which follow color motifs). :)

glacy_rein

  • Guest
^some of my PS likes our motif (dark purple for PS) and if we go for beige which is neutral tapos may susunod sa motif ang gulo sa picture? naguluhan tuloy ako..

caleeice

  • Guest
In our case, nobody wore our color motif naman. Hehe. Everybody wore beige or at least in a shade close thereto. If your PS like your color and are okay to shoulder costs to have their gowns made with the cloth that you'll be providing, then that's good that you don't have a problem especially if you're close with all of them :)

I'm just sharing the advice given to us by some elders for everybody's benefit. Some complain kasi that they can't wear the colored-gowns that they wore for some weddings --- hirap daw bagayan and all that jazz. Others naman daw the concern is time like they're busy to have their gowns made (may iba kasi they even specify where to have the gowns made --- but I think the couples shouldered the costs). So just sharing an option that couples can choose to do :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close