Author Topic: High End Event Stylists  (Read 19055 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
High End Event Stylists
« on: June 13, 2015, 02:15:44 pm »
Hello!! Let's segregate the discussion on high end stylists from the existing thread. There are so many stylists these days. The best ones will blow your mind away but they do cost a pretty penny. So for those considering getting these high end stylists, lets share information so we can make well informed decisions, and get the best value we can for the high prices we need to pay. After all some high end stylists cost as much or even more than catering expenses for the event!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 02:55:07 am by Chili1113 »

prettychels

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 02:33:09 pm »
I inquired with them too except Nikki Chatto, in the end i booked Teddy Manuel. It was between Dave and Teddy ( both gave me same quote which is my budget ), i chose Teddy cause i think he is more creative than Dave.

Jo Claravall and Robert Blancaflor did not respond to my emails. Badang naman responded after a month and he don't give price range, he'll give you a quotation based sa styling reqts mo. Since i was so decided na to book Teddy, i didnt bother to book a skype appointment with him na.

prettychels

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 09:14:23 am »
Hi sis Chili1113! Saw your pm but i am not yet allowed to reply :( anyway, Teddy  and his team is super responsive with all my queries, they respond within the day or a day after i send a query:)

Dave quoted me 220-250k for 120 pax, local and imported flowers. Inclusions are: 8 round tables (up to 4 cohesive designs), 2 vip with end to end floral arrangement, themed couples area/backdrop, entrance & registration styling, cake and dessert table, cocktail area/tables and decorated photo station. Di ko na pina include yung drapings since kasama na sya sa package ng venue namin.


sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »
Chili, not sure if you're interested in them, but have you tried Zenas Pineda or Spruce Floral Designs? I've dealt with both in the past and I think they both have nice taste. I haven't worked with either recently but I think they'd land in the 150-200k price range?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 01:34:00 pm »
Hi sevenstars get in touch with Pat Pastelero is so difficult! But I will try to get hold of her in this weekend's bridal fair. But wow I thought Zenas was even more expensive than the rest!! Thanks so much I will inquire!! =)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 02:06:10 pm »
Chili, I worked with Zenas for my cousin's wedding (she was overseas at the time and I was in Manila so I met stylists on her behalf), and she was really nice. She is expensive but I don't think she will be pricier than the others you've contacted :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:18 pm »
Thank you very very much sevenstars! i really like Zenas' style too!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »
Hi chilli. If getting flowers for the entourage and church will cost that much from high end stylists, maybe you can get entourage and/or church flowers from another supplier. We only got church and reception styling from Teddy Manuel. The bridal brooch bouquet, which was really pretty by the way, was done by ETC Handmade Goodness whereas the entourage flowers were done by my husband's family supplier. We saved a lot by doing this. :)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »
Hi Chili1113! I chose Dave over Robert, kasi with me medyo malabo kausap si Robert. After talking to him on the phone he did not send me the proposal, so I called again, he said may miscommunication kasi he was waiting for my pegs (I sent it right after our phone call). Since ang tagal wala pa rin proposal after a month that I followed up and resend the pegs (busy yata sa debut ni Julia Baretto), I opted for Dave, I don't want the hassle even mas mataas quote ni Dave. I got him for church, entourage and reception styling.

Also, I want a lush arrangement than minimalist kaya I went for Dave. Medyo OC din ako sa flowers, he told me na ako pinaka-OC nya na bride sa flowers kasi very specific ako sa flowers na gusto ko and hindi gusto.

Just sharing , so far eto yung agreed styling namin.

VIP table - no vase, no crystals, just pure floral runner
Guest tables - No high arrangements.
Flowers:
- No shocking colors
- No hyacinth
- No mums!
- Only orchids allowed are phalaenopsis orchids
- Special request to have: Tulips, amaryllis sand sampaguita (hehe)
Theme: Dutch-Filipino Fussion
Motif: Champagne

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 05:09:38 pm »
Flowers:
- No shocking colors
- No mums!
- Only orchids allowed are phalaenopsis orchids

>>Could not agree more! Haha also told my florist these...absolutely no mums! :P And gerberas!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »
chili1113, i can feel your excitement haha, hopefully you find your stylist soon. :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 05:38:51 pm »
Hahaha Chili my "do not use" flowers list had like 10 things on it. Pretty sure my florist thinks I'm insane.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 05:45:18 pm »
Hahaha Chili my "do not use" flowers list had like 10 things on it. Pretty sure my florist thinks I'm insane.

No naman, doesn't that make their job tremendously easier kasi less choices of what to use..?? HAHA.
Saka, you guys will be paying 200-270k for reception styling malamang naman you have specifics they have to deal with noh! :) Gosh you guys are going to have such gorgeous weddings i can feel it!

Chili1113, i feel like you are in the right direction hiring a high-end stylist with your requirements. Can't wait to see your mock up!!!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »
belle_v2g: LOL I lose sleep over looking for stylists haha but never with my gown or other things. So excited to even think about it!

sevenstars: hahah ten do not use flower types?!! tee hee I love it!! Basta I tell the stylist always that I do not want to see any flower I would normally see in a funeral parlor or in a school auditorium during a graduation. LOL

sparklingjewel: I havent really decided yet. Since I am one big kuripot person. But my heart cannot be still every time I think of flowers HAHA

z0z

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 06:46:26 pm »
Flowers:
- No shocking colors
- No mums!
- Only orchids allowed are phalaenopsis orchids

>>Could not agree more! Haha also told my florist these...absolutely no mums! :P And gerberas!


Ay oo! no Gerberas din! basta mahaba yung list ng NO na flowers, pati color. Haha. Pati texture. Also, ok ang rose pero certain types lang. Peonies and roses should have a certain level of buka, not closed pero walang kitang polen. Hahahaha!

Hydrangeas can be used but as fillers lang, but not the main flower. Ang arte ko sa flowers!

^Omg ZOZ!! I feel like I have found a twin bride in terms of flower OC-ness =) =) It is so rare for me to find someone like you HAHAH I really really WISH with all my heart that I didnt care or know any better regarding flowers since I know most people dont know the difference.

For me:
strictly no alstromeia, mums, gerberas. callalily.
Requesting for phanaelopsis in VIP table
NO dangling crystals, lace, beads on the vase
No heavy victorian type candelabras, only sleek modern crystal candelabra
Silver candle holders in varying heights. No tealights!!
No clutter or props that have no purpose. If a lamp is used, I want it lit at all times.
Motif: Neutral colors -whites, creams, beiges, green accents

...

Ayaw ko din ng anything dangling, and those orchids na maliliit na pang funeral. Not fan of candelabras, feeling ko phantom of de opera...hehe

Pero ganun nga talaga pricing ni Dave, but I can see naman why :)

dolphine

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 07:12:29 pm »
For me:
strictly no alstromeia, mums, gerberas. callalily.


Hi sis Chili1113, am just curious, why no to those flowers?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 07:51:47 pm »
Hi sis Chili1113, am just curious, why no to those flowers?

Locally they're widely used in floral arrangements for the dead...
Just to add pala no to Chrysanthemums also!!! hehe same reason! z0z and Chili1113 :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 01:54:31 pm »
hi dolphine: yes sparklingjewel said it right teehee. Also some florists kasi they make daya and use super cheap flowers like Alstromeria that only cost 50 pesos per bunch in Dangwa. So for me naman, Alstromeria is OK but not if the florist will charge thousands and thousands for a single arrangement.

For example... check out these arrangements
https://www.facebook.com/169303026456984/photos/a.411517295568888.105566.169303026456984/806608269393120/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/169303026456984/photos/a.411517295568888.105566.169303026456984/803869576333656/?type=1&theater
They are nice and tastefully done right? But Fiori di M of Gaita Forres charges a LOT for arrangements. But that arrangement is nearly all Alstromeria which is a super cheapo flower.

Super turn off when high end stylists use Alstromeria. It is a pretty flower and can be tastefully arranged kasi. But just be aware of it because you shouldn't be overcharged for arrangements like that.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:01:30 pm by Chili1113 »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 02:18:22 pm »
sevenstars: hahah ten do not use flower types?!! tee hee I love it!! Basta I tell the stylist always that I do not want to see any flower I would normally see in a funeral parlor or in a school auditorium during a graduation. LOL

Chili, pati greenery/leaves na bawal, on the list. lol.

sparklingjewel, I'm also bringing some of my own containers and props because I wasn't completely satisfied with her inventory lol. And my own ribbon for the bouquets. :P

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: High End Event Stylists
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 04:11:40 am »
Wow sevenstars idol kita haha can you share with me your list of bawal greenery? Admittedly this i havent thought about but all i know for now is i dont want to see any ferns.. Natrauma ata ako when i went to some event venues and saw what they actually look like haha ugh, at night indoor gubat lang ang peg. Not classy at all.  Pero apart from this i really know nothing about what else looks bad! You know so much haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close