Author Topic: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)  (Read 65887 times)

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #420 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:55 pm »
Thanks Chili1113! at least i know that Diode with skinstation is effective. Cheap nga coz I got the promo 5k 8 sessions :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #421 on: April 06, 2016, 10:35:10 pm »
I got the same promo also at skin station. Medyo effort lang talaga to keep going every six weeks. But imagine that is just one session at Belo... and 8 sessions in Skin Station. =)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #422 on: April 07, 2016, 09:16:22 am »
I also had diode laser at skinstation and more effective nga than IPL (I had IPL before sa slimmers). If ever may maggrow man, it's just a few pcs nalang so madali lang maggroom.  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #423 on: April 07, 2016, 09:36:45 pm »
ItsKat!! Nako hahha super same beautification issues tayo. Ako din I have been looking into how to make my face slimmer since my face and arms are the very first to gain fat and the LAST to get smaller even when I lose weight. =(  =( I was already really about to purchase the RF/Therafirme in Skinstation because super cheap nga.

Nako good thing I didnt. Based on the reviews here abt Skin Station, no effect at all daw. Plus I looked at their machine. today I went to my real dermatologist and I asked her if RF is effective. Then she said "yes" but it has to be the tripolar ones (3 pronged tip), or the more high tech machines like Thermage, or refirme. The flat metal tips used in Skin Station are super cheap and don't work. Kaya pala about 2 people reviewed pala Thermafirm RF at SkinStation as their most useless no effect product. hehe

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #424 on: April 08, 2016, 11:56:49 am »
Hmm I wanna try RF for face. After switching from Bikram to Ashtanga, my face became rounder. I guess the "sauna effect" of Bikram did wonders to my face haha! I checked Skinhouse and its 3500/session for their Venus Freeze/RF and as per Chili1113's advice I verified if its tripolar and yes it is! Around how many months kaya before the wedding? 6 months? Or more?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #425 on: April 09, 2016, 02:30:25 pm »
rowan: Wow thats a super good price!!! Im not sure how many months before you may want to start. But I heard it is best done close to the wedding date daw, with treatments 1 week apart. I think there is an immediate tightening effect after and so it is best to do the last session 1-2 days before wedding =)

Speaking of weight loss, I have lost the 8 lbs I gained last year (Yes I gained it all in 1 year after getting engaged!a). So in my last fitting with Richie Ortega, my gown was loose and the top was sorta falling off  (which made me very happy). BUT BUT BUT the sleeves of my gown didn't become loose and it fit the same. HAHHA meaning, my body became smaller but my problem areas like arms and face did not shrink!! =( 

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #426 on: April 10, 2016, 12:08:12 pm »
^They said its promo price daw but I backread and their price has been like that since last year ata. Ill try RF next week just to see its effect and know what to expect when I do it before the the wedding. I was told not to use any whitening products 1-2 weeks before treatment. I dont know if tretinoin is considered as whitening but I know heat is a no no for tretinoin users. I use it daily so I'd have to stop. Hmmm might also be better to ask them the dos and donts after RF so I could plan my facial accordingly. The skin near my nose and lips tend to get dry when liquid foundation is applied.

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:41 am »
^hahahaa! natawa naman ako din Chili1113! same beautification issues nga! ang hirap nga ng chubby cheeks kasi kitang kita sa picture yun diba and sa video also.. anyway, thanks for the warning sa RF ng skin station! sa dermclinic ko naman plano, may promo din sila ngayon 1k per session ang rf.. may feedback ka?

Pag may nakita kang effective balitaan mo naman ako! 10 months to go pa naman ang wedding ko so plan ko mga 3 to 5 months before saka ako magrf pag di talaga lumiit cheeks ko, baka kasi bumalik ulit pag sobrang aga! hahahaha :) thank you

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »
^Sis... my friend who is also getting married is taking me to this clinic called Jancen in Libis. Heheh She's a doctor kasi in Makati Med and her friend from Med School i think is one of the partner doctors there and they have a promo daw. She mentioned like 1200 per session? But I don't know for what part that is... either face, arms, or tummy?

Anyway Ill let you know. I am going with her just to inquire. But To be honest Im kinda lazy because since both out weddings are near, they recommend going twice a week!! Kinda hassle hehe

Ill ask first though what kind of machine they have. Baka naman its a cheapie machine. Ill check first and let you know! =)


itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2016, 01:22:23 pm »
Thanks Chili1113! I hope effective siya! I want to try too. Medyo lazy and scared pa lang din! pag medyo malapit na siguro at wala nakong choice, sisipagin nako! Goodluck sis!

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2016, 01:23:24 pm »
Hi Chili1113, hope you could let us know about the dos and donts of RF sa face. In Skinhouse they advised that no whitening products must be used 1-2 weeks before treatment. Medyo hassle kasi Im using tretinoin and pano yan before the wedding, super aga ng facial? I googled about the dos and donts and they said you dont have to do anything naman daw. Hope you could confirm:) Im scheduled next week:)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2016, 06:27:24 pm »
Hi Rowan! Thats a very good question to ask! Ill ask that when I go with my friend on Monday. Also because I do use tretinoin on my face also. Ill let you know what they will say.

BTW I came from my derma earlier and she reminded me no tretinoin at least 1 week before the wedding.  =) Actually I plan to stop my tretinoin a bit earlier. Because for my prenup photos and videos, I stopped around 5 days before the shoot and I still had some micro peeling after 5 days =(. good thing it wasnt obvious naman in the photos.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #432 on: April 15, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »
^Yay good tip! My face doesnt peel with tretinoin anymore but I noticed that whenever I use liquid foundation, skin near my nose and lips gets dry and flaky after 1-2 hours. Kakahiya coz lumalabas siya  pag nasa event na ako and I dont even notice it until I go to the bathroom! Thanks Chili1113! Good luck!!! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #433 on: April 15, 2016, 08:03:33 pm »
^Heheh that always happens to me Rowan!! =) =) Derma also told me she will prescribe antibiotics for me to drink before wedding so I don't grow any zits. My wedding unfortunately falls right before my my time of month, and so I am prone to breakouts. My goal is to have really smooth poreless skin hehe.

If I can't get skinny for the wedding... I might as well work on my skin! Especially since im am at my super duper late 30s and so having that radiant glow doesn't come as easy as it does with much younger women.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:10:44 pm by Chili1113 »

Aftergl0w

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #434 on: April 15, 2016, 11:02:12 pm »
I've had laser for my underarms for the past 9 months. My wedding will be this May. Unfortunately I did not strictly follow the recommended 3-4 week interval and skipped a few appointments but my UA did improve. It certainly lessened hair growth but problem ko pa rin ang chicken skin. :(

I scrub once or twice a week.

I hope I cant still lose around 5 lbs a month from now.

Prior to the wedding, I will have my hair colored, gel mani/pedi and threading of facial hair. I think yun lang ang nasa checklist ko. No facial. Just apply calamnsi juice on dark spots on my face.

By the way, how many days before the actual wedding is recommended for me to dye my hair? 5 days before?



Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2016, 07:32:30 am »
Hi guys. :) Just wanted to ask, gaano dapat kaaga (or ka-late) magpa colour ng hair prior to wedding?  I normally do my own hair colour pero since I'll be going home, I plan to have it professionally done. Would 1.5 week prior to the wedding he okay? Mabilis kasi humaba yung hair ko, natatakot ako na if before 2 weeks eh makikita na yung roots ko. What do you guys think?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2016, 11:15:57 am »
MissusO: I plan to color my hair perhaps 8-10 days before the wedding. In the past kasi I got an allergy from haircolor and my scalp started flaking! As in like big chunks of scalp were falling off and it was so gross haha. So I wanna make sure I have enough time for my scalp to recover just in case I get an allergic reaction again.

Afterglow: Same here! My wedding is in about 29 days haha. I am really really hoping I lose 5-7 lbs before the wedding date. I dunno if it is possible though since I am not eating a lot (only 1000-1200 Calories a day) I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks before, but my weight loss has stalled since then and hasn't moved in the last 3 weeks.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2016, 12:54:47 pm »
@chili1113 thanks :) I might do the same.  Hair colour 8-10 days prior to the wedding. That probably is the most logical.

Another question dearies, for those who had undergone laser hair removal, do you know of any clinic that does 1 session only?  And do you have any idea how much just 1 session is? By the time I've gone home sa Manila I would have finished 4 sessions, pero ayoko kasing may maskip na month.  Although di naman din ganun kadami yung armpit hair ko hehe (parang wala na nga minsan), pero gusto ko sana yung continuity ba. Para tuluy tuloy na syang mawala. hehe.. Bridal problems hehe

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2016, 02:47:37 pm »
^All clinics will allow you to have 1 session if thats just what you need. They just market their packages more coz its cheaper.  In Lets Face It, its P3150/session while it's P2500 in Dr Martirez of Transcom Bldg . I can personally vouch for LFI Megamall and Robinsons Metroeast and Dr Martirez. They use diode laser, covers\ the whole armpits, and do enough clicks/passes. For Dr Martirez, you just need to set up an appointment way in advance, maybe at least a month before. Check out the Lets Primp and Prettify section here in GT and look for the Laser Hair Removal Thread. In the 1st page, all clinics with their info are there:)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »
@rowan - thank you soo much :D

Question - where is this Transcom building? And anung clinic yung sa Robinsons and sa Megamall? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:48:32 pm by Missus O »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close