Author Topic: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)  (Read 66044 times)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #400 on: March 30, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »
^^^ Hi sis, as someone who had her hair for some years before, tama sila. Wag ka muna magparebond. 3 months prior to your day, pwedi naman na probably i-style hair mo. Pero yung growth ng hair mo will also be seen. 3 months growth will be an inch or two or maybe even three (kung mabilis tumubo hair mo)  so baka makita sa photograph especially kung ibabagsak mo hair mo.   Chaka most HMUA will tell you na mas preferred nila yung hindi na style na hair kasi mas madaling ayusan. Pag ni rebond kasi ang tendency eh (aside from super straight) mashayadong smooth yung buhok. Minsan hindi kakabit kung anung ilalagay nila. Happy preps sis

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #401 on: March 30, 2016, 07:31:11 pm »
Lyr3hs,

Our sisters here are right! Dont rebond your hair before the wedding whether youll have an updo or wear your hair down unless gusto mo super straight lang hair mo. Hairdressers prefer rough hair coz its easier for them to style and shape your hair. In fact, they dont recommend putting conditioner a few days before the wedding. Ayaw nila ng soft and smooth hair promise haha. Madali rin mawawala effects ng products and curling if you rebond it.

Teeth whitening is worth it! As per my dentist whether its professionally done or you buy a DIY Kit, the effect will be the same. If you have friends from the states, you can ask them to buy a kit for you:) It will come out cheaper. Just follow the instructions and dont leave the strips on your teeth way too long than whats prescribed.

For underarm whitening, you can have revlite laser+diamond peel. Its safer than peeling plus it has no down time. Im having it done at Skin House and so far Im seeing results:)

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2016, 11:49:20 pm »
Thanks for the advices sisses! :) Ilang months before wedding allowed ang rebond? My hair kasi is wavy and tayo tayo pag hindi rebonded, not sure kung kaya ayusin yang mga nakatayong hair.. :( My last rebond was 6 months ago and Nov 2016 pa wedding ko.

As for laser + diamond peel, safe ba to sis? Around how much to?

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #403 on: March 31, 2016, 12:23:26 am »
Hi sissies, joining here.

I need a laser treatment for armpit and I also want to even out my skin tone, any recommendation? sana yung affordable and effective. :) And also whats the best time to do this? how many months before the wedding?

thanks :)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:33 am »
^I would suggest to have the rebond after the wedding. I also have wavy to frizzy curly hair :). It actually depends on the humidity of the weather. But I have stopped having my hair rebonded for about more than 6 years now. I noticed na mas naging healthy yung hair ko :)   I just use a good hair straightener/curler, but I apply  john frieda's anti frizz treatment first.

Konting tiis lang muna sis. Then after the wedding you can have your rebond. If you really want some kind of treatment, I would say deep conditioning treatment lang muna. Happy preps sis.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #405 on: March 31, 2016, 09:51:56 am »
Ako I had my hair rebonded and digipermed last May. Then got engaged, so now I'm just letting it grow out. Advise din sa akin ng salon pangit daw pakulayan pag rebonded ang hair, so if balak mo din pakulayan before wedding then talagang wag mo muna iparebond. Tyaga nalang muna sa ponytail kung medyo sabog na(curly/wavy kasi akin)  ;D

As for laser, nagpalaser ako last year sa skin station, may promo sila normally na posted sa net na 5k for 8 sessions diode laser. Then 3-4 weeks ang pagitan per session, so I suggest start as early as you can para come wedding day patapos na at mas less hair na :)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #406 on: March 31, 2016, 10:24:04 am »
sis lyr3hs try mo muna magpa keratin. now mo na gawin since 3 months naman sya tatagal. napansin ko kasi nung nagpakeratin ako healthy yung tubo ng hair ko kaya mag stop na ko magparebond.

for UA laser naman try nyo skinstation may promo sila til April 3. sakin effective natapos ko na yung 8 session wala na tumutubo na hair. actually 3 sessions palang sakin manipis na tubo ng hair ko ang matagal pagkatubo nya.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #407 on: March 31, 2016, 10:28:25 am »
Diode laser is recommended for hair removal. Its much more effective than IPL. I had it done at Lets Face It Megamall for 3k+ per session. I know Skin Station is cheaper but its just way too far for me.

Revlite laser is for chicken skin removal and even out skin tone. Side effect na lang niya yung hair removal so hindi siya suggested if you really target hair removal. If you get the Skin House package, its P1750/session. To aid in whitening, you can couple it with diamond peel which is 550/session if you also get the package. Every 4 weeks interval. Medyo investment siya and tiyagaan hehe. Yes its safe. I feel at ease pa na nurses ang nagpperform:) They do the diamond peel first then revlite.

Kung medyo rush, you can have it peeled but I dont really want to recommend it kasi iba iba ang reaction ng skin sa peeling eh. For me, safe sa akin ang red/fruit peel ng Mendez Megamall. I think its 5k for 5 sessions. Ive been burned before by GPO and Spanish peel kahit derma pa gumawa.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:50:03 am by rowan »

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #408 on: March 31, 2016, 11:04:08 pm »
Concern ko rin sis after the wedding mas lalong hindi pa pwede parebond because of dyed hair. Masusunog ang hair :( Around how much ang keratin at saang parlor meron nito?

Pwede kaya diamond peel lang without laser? I have very few hairs lang kasi baka no need na to perform laser.. Gusto ko lang talaga maging even ang skin tone..

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #409 on: March 31, 2016, 11:47:29 pm »
^I used to have my Keratin  treatment at Creations salon by Lourd Ramos. They have a lot of branches, google mo na lang. I personally tried their Arnaiz and Eton Cyberpod branches. I think 2500 siya. They can also color your hair before putting Keratin. Around 2-3 mos yung super ganda buhok mo like nagpablow dry ka then I think after that medyo magwwear off na but it wont go back naman to its original state.

Yes pwede diamond peel lang. Lets Face It also offers diamond peel for underarm. Medyo minimal lang nga effect per session so medyo pabalik balik:)

nikkipedia

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #410 on: April 01, 2016, 02:19:38 pm »
hello lovelies! how's everyone! nakakatuwa this thread! :)

for me, i try to use lemon on my underarm if sinisipag ako hahaha (yes im that lazy)
but i started to undergo for laser hair removal since last year. it's effective! mas comfortable na ko no need to shave or use my epilator. it's just that yung whitening sa skin clinic ko sabi ni ate kabayan not that effective daw dito mas ok pa rin sa pinas.

i am using crystalderm toner naman for my pimples below my neck/chest. yes! dun ako pinipimples. so ngayun natutuyo na sila. thanks to my friend binigyan nya ko nun toner na yun.

my problem is this chicken skin-like sa both upper arms ko. It's a skin allergy dito sa UAE. I dunno if this is dahil sa colness ng AC or sa water dito. Ayaw mawala. Hay, nakaka frustrate! Pero pag nasa pinas ako nawawala sya ng onti so ibig sabihin dito talaga sa UAE di bagay skin ko.  :( :( :(

 

vhena14

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #411 on: April 01, 2016, 02:39:46 pm »
^sis, palakain ka ba ng dairy products? kc nangyari yan sa friend ko sa Saudi... ang culprit eh dairy product, mas increased ang dairy products intake nya sa Saudi kc less ang options namin sa food plus we get it free from hospital, then sa Pinas nag ookay yung skin nya kc ang mahal dito ng gatas, nagpatingin sya sa Derma for that kc grabe yung butlig butlig nya parang malalaking whiteheads sa upper arms... so yun pinabawasan sya ng fresh milks, yogurts saka cheese intake, now adays, less na

nikkipedia

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #412 on: April 01, 2016, 02:44:11 pm »
^sis actually hindi e, kasi may lactose-intolerance ako kaya minsan lang ako mag gatas. sa cheese at yogurts minsan lang naman... not like everyday nasa diet ko sya.

Next week on my day off magpapa check na talaga ko sa derma. May nabasa din ako, na dapat daw gluten-free diet naman.

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #413 on: April 01, 2016, 07:59:04 pm »
How much ang underarm diamond peel sa pinas? Just want to compare it lang sa price dito sa SG. Gaano kabilis ang effect at may downtime ba to?

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #414 on: April 01, 2016, 09:31:31 pm »
^Around 500+ per session. I say very minimal effect after every session if dark talaga yung underarms. If just to even out the skin tone, maybe 5-8 sessions? I use it for maintenance lang. It doesnt have a down time, just dont wet it for 24 hours. I dont strictly follow it naman. If I had diamond peel in the afternoon, I take a bath na the morning after.

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #415 on: April 01, 2016, 09:34:03 pm »
^thanks sis! Ill try to look for a good skin clinic here in Sg! 😊

lyechee

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #416 on: April 06, 2016, 10:03:02 am »
^ sis lyr3hs balitaan mu naman ako if may mahanap ka dito sa SG na affordable hehe thanks

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #417 on: April 06, 2016, 11:33:42 am »
^sure sis. Ikaw din ha :)

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2016, 12:51:04 pm »
Now trying DIODE at Skinstation! Hope it works! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Head to Toe Wedding Preparation (before its too late!)
« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2016, 12:59:03 pm »
^I finished already 7 sessions of Diode with Skinstation. Its ok for the price. Although I think if I had it done elsewhere I might be done by 3-4 sessions. But I can't complain because effective so far and super cheap! 

Ive benn doing my skin prep under Dr, Beverly Ong of VMV Research Center in Legaspi Villlage Makati. Actually Ive been going to her since 2 years ago. Anyway she's really good. Also, tom. they will be having their 1-day sale 25% off all procedures and some products. I willl prepay all my treatments for the year to avail of the discount. Theyre expensive but with the discount the prices are OK. Plus I am very happy with my skin now compared to when I was going to Belo. Plus some treatments at Belo I find too harsh.

Treatments recommended for me are several peels before the wedding to get that "glow." My skin is OK she tweaked my skin regimen last year pa. Haven't gotten a major breakout in 3 months despite stress and I was very happy with my skin with makeup on in my prenup. hehe the pores were tight and looked flawless even in closeup pics, considering my age.

Dr. Ong  told me that if I start breaking out 1-2 months before wedding, she will prescribe oral antibiotics for me to take 2 weeks before wedding to avoid any flare ups. I hope I wont need it, but so far so good!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:04:32 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close