PART 2
Ratings: 5 4 3 2 1
5 - Extraordinary to Perfection
4 - Very Good to Excellent
3 - Good to Very Good
2 - Fair to Good
1 - Poor to Fair
Photo: Foreveryday Photography – 5
It’s probably one of the most difficult task for me since hubby and I decided to invest with photo, video, and food. I badly wanted Metrophoto, but his rates didn’t liked me. Hehe! (I am investing, yes, but no to suicide attempt). My posts about Gail would become redundant if I continue with this kasi since we met him naman, like during the prenup, we had no problems at all. Rapport with the photographer is crucial because if you are not comfortable with them, it’ll definitely reflect on your photos. Hubby and I loved their team. More than his shooting style and approach, his attitude and good working relationship with clients and other suppliers is amazing. We are blessed to have a very caring team. Who even provided us medications and bottled water (o diba, vice versa-- the photographer provides na for the couple hahaha!) during our photo op in UP Diliman after the ceremony because I am beginning to have a headache. Aside from having a photographer, he’ll give you beauty tips as well haha! How I love Gail and his team. I don’t mind getting him for another event, and won’t get tired of recommending him too. Our Photo Slideshow by Foreveryday Team :
https://vimeo.com/129875884Video: Ghe Consolacion Event Film Maker – 5
Ghe was recommended by Gail Bitoon (our photographer). I had to stretch my P/V budget so that I could avail his services. Bon & I did some stalking on his vimeo account and we liked everything. I spoke to his wife, Aysa Consolacion, over the phone and booked them on the spot. Sometimes talaga blessing to have a weekday wedding because more often than not, like what happened to sis caleeice, your favourite suppliers will still be available. His videos are the type that I don’t get tired of watching. He’s got something new to offer from time to time.. and take note how perfect the sound quality is.. footsteps, raindrops, driving cars, plus the slow motions and aerials. By the way, for Ghe Consolacion brides, Ghe is normally QUIET when working, even his teammates. Halos di nagsasalita until they request something from you haha! They are not suplado, mababait naman but you’ll be surprised how they come up with all those shots, and you only realised that after watching your awesome SDE. You’ll love working with these humble yet talented guys. Our SDE by Ghe Consolacion :
https://vimeo.com/129805411Bridal Gown: Manny Mondelo Couture – 5
I have very little knowledge about bridal gown designers. Initially didn’t know where to start so I began searching for my friends’ bridal gown designers for their weddings.. I only inquired to Edward Teng, Jo Rubio and Jazel Sy and asked for quotation of my gown pegs. These 3 quoted within the same range 85k and above. I honestly didn’t want to spend that much for my gown. I haven’t heard about these names yet during that time: Mel Orlina, Von Lazaro, Gretchen Pichay, Emil Ocampo, Roxy Bagano.. I have a friend who got married in 2013 and her designer is Manny Mondelo who is somewhat connected to Rajo Laurel. I sent him my gown peg and he gave me a fairly acceptable quotation and a beautiful sketch based on my peg. I thought din na once a designer gave you a sketch, you will need to book them na (I didn’t know na ganon lang pala talaga) so I booked Manny kasi nakakahiya naman ginawan ako ng sketch tapos di ko pala ibu-book hahaha! (innocent me!) He even sent the fabrics to Australia so I can choose the right swatch. After joining the forums, that’s when I realised na it’s the normal process of searching for a designer. I consider it as a blessing in disguise kasi if I had too many designers in mind, I will definitely have a very hard time choosing.. so at least si Manny walang kalaban that time, his quote is almost the same as Mel’s quotations to other brides.. but he gave me additional discount because of the referral. He did a great job.. Everyone loved the gown, even my super ma-okray mother, napabilib ko haha! I wanted to give him 4.75 because he moved my fitting schedule twice.. Bit hard for me and hubby kasi all our scheds are fixed na with other suppliers. But when I saw the final output, gosh I think I’d give him 5+++. I’m still very happy he made a beautiful bridal gown. He delivered the gown night before the wedding, he also arrived at 10am at the hotel to help me put on my dress together with his assistant Ate Racquel. They had to do some stitching after I put it on and my PV teams patiently waited since it didn’t took them so long to lock the dress. The dress is sooo me

By the way, all bridal accessories are included in the package except for the candles and bible. My veil is 7 meters long.

Here is a photo of my bridal gown :
https://instagram.com/p/3pXSwQnsV0/?taken-by=belle_gallemitReception Gown: Edward Teng Bridal Collection - 5
I did not consider booking for a reception gown before, but since we’ve decided to choreograph our grand entrance and couple’s first dance, I felt the need to have a reception gown done so this time I chose my dream designer Edward Teng. I opted for a very simple off shoulder, with high slit off white gown in chiffon and laces. I knew I won’t be able to dance wearing my Mondelo gown since it weighs 4 kg or even more haha! Our dance steps includes lifting and quick turns so there’s no way we could perform wearing it. Since I booked them while overseas, the assistant sent me a measurement guide, and did the measurement all by myself. We communicated through email exchanges and paid via bank deposit. When we arrived in MNL, I contacted them and booked for a fitting schedule. At the shop, the lady told me na akala daw nila hindi na icclaim ang dress because ang tagal na daw gawa. Haha! I only booked them like 3 months before the event. The fit is perfect and they just asked me to return after one week for the final fitting. They even gave me a matching clutch bag with it.
Wedding Accessories: The Wedding Cord by Michelle Garcia - 5
And because I want all the bridal accessories personalised with design that matches our wedding theme, I booked Michelle Garcia. She’s one of the suppliers I didn’t have difficulty transacting with. She answers quickly on my emails and I settle the charges through PayPal only which is very, very handy. I ordered the unity candles, matches, arrhae, cord made of glass crystals, and bible.. all made up and beautifully designed with our initials too. I find it very convenient since I didn’t have to think about buying all these stuff separately.
HMUA: Thea Dionisio – 5
Thea was introduced to me by her sister who used to be my colleague. That was during the time when I was in search for a HMUA for our civil wedding in 2012. She’s a nurse tuned makeup artist and just finished her makeup course that time so she is still very new to the business. I had a very simple makeup then but I’ve seen how much Thea love what she does. I knew she will excel in her chosen career few years from now. I would always get her services when I attend events and noticed the improvement every time. She is now working as an assistant to Jigs Mayuga and as a resident instructor at the Makeup Design Academy. Her team arrived early and after having breakfast, they started on my makeup and hair for pictorials. Her package is quiet affordable compared to other newbie HMUAs. I only paid 15k for airbrush makeup plus 2 heads plus free grooming for hubby. The package also includes unlimited prenup looks. I just added 2k for the 2nd look at the reception. She gave me a good deal for entourage at 1200/head. My hair was done by her assistant hairstylist Christopher Fajardo, I sent her photos of my pegs and he was able to execute it beautifully.

My makeup by Thea :
https://instagram.com/p/3pX82InsW4/?taken-by=belle_gallemitEvent Host: Darlene Tan Salazar – 5
I will try not to be repetitive as possible. Most of us here have read purely positive feedback about DTS. Not just here at GirlTalk but also at W@W. She’s very famous there as she’s been a w@wie herself, being a bride, and a coordinator turned event host, I’m sure every bride will be very happy to have her as one of their supplier. If you are following her Facebook page, The Wedding Tip Sheet, you can see how helpful and valuable her information and tips are and how realistic she is. Someone here at GirlTalk gave me a list of the most talked-about event host so I did the search after getting their names. So far, DTS got all the raves. I inquired right away, she answers din quickly. After getting her rates I didn’t expect it to be so affordable. Parang hindi “fit” ang rates nya sa lahat ng good things I heard about her. Siguro if she’s around 20k, I’d still choose her over someone else. 2 days before the wedding, I texted her telling how disappointed I was with our guest list. She called me right away and gave me some insights about guest list woes encountered by all other brides before the wedding, I realised hindi lang pala ako ang may pinaka worse na situation. She cheered me up and I appreciated it a lot. I ended up letting go of the things that frustrates me because of her help. That’s a big thing for a bride. The next day, even if I still have ongoing list of guest who declines last minute, I just laugh about it.