Author Topic: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding  (Read 26079 times)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2015, 01:53:49 pm »
^apir sis! ako yun clubhouse na receprion venue namin meron ng drapes. kaya yun malaking discount kay Juan Carlo pag nag pa additional drappings nasa 7k add. sayang din yun.

paula_vill

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2015, 05:17:34 pm »
Great advice sis f878! :)

Sis Misschievous, i'm following your blog. Hehe. I like your article on How Not to Get Broke atter the wedding, nakakuha ko ng mga tips. Great job! :) And by the way, we have the same P/V pala. :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2015, 09:01:44 pm »
Ganda ng tip mo sis f878! :)

Just got married last May. Madami akong tips na I decided to turn them into blog posts. Lol. One is to have your reception in a restaurant para wala nang extra expenses sa stylist at sa caterer. My wedding was at Sonya's. The place was already wedding-ready. No need for extra styling. We made a little backdrop lang.

Oh wow, didn't know you're married na! Happy for you sis--- you deserve it! Cheers!  :D :D :D

MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2015, 12:32:58 pm »
Great advice sis f878! :)

Sis Misschievous, i'm following your blog. Hehe. I like your article on How Not to Get Broke atter the wedding, nakakuha ko ng mga tips. Great job! :) And by the way, we have the same P/V pala. :)

Thanks sis paula! :) Madami pa nga akong post-wedding blogs na gusto ko ishare. YOu got A&A Photography too? They're very nice to work with sis. I need to do a review for them. I really liked their service, especially yung SDE nila. Talented peeps. Good luck sis sa wedding mo.


Oh wow, didn't know you're married na! Happy for you sis--- you deserve it! Cheers!  :D :D :D

Juwie! We should catch up soon. Thanks! Uy, you're getting married na din?! Your forum siggie spilled it for me. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:34:33 pm by MissChievous »

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2015, 01:40:55 pm »
I'm sorry to pry.... But may I asked if your budget was followed and at the same time the monetary gifts would help in a way to cover a little of your spendings too.

LGV

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2015, 02:25:45 pm »
Dont have time yet to back read. Anyway all of our guest raved about our wedding, they stayed until the end of the program I have to shoo them away para makapahinga na ako so if I will go back I will do my best to have more energy and I wish I didnt stressed my self on the day pero hindi yan maiiwasan and hindi naman exage na stress syemore naglet go din talaga ako. And sa totoo lang nakita ko lang tuwang tuwa family and friends ko super saya nako. Ang dameng teary eyed moments that day kasi overwhelming eh. :)  But if I will redo my wedding theres one thing talaga na never ko gagawin ang kumuha ng supplier na kakilala or friend mo! Haha! Seriously! Mas nakadeliver ng maganda yung hindi ko kilala personally. But anyway already forgiven naman. Just sharing. :)

With your question msdianne my answer is no hehe! Ours balooned to double and actually more than double but no regrets naman kasi you can never buy happy moments and again its once in a lifetime. Kahit sabihin pa ng iba na hindi dapat magsplurge kasi one day lang yun, we may have diff opinions but mine is otherwise. :) And regarding the monetary gift, well malaki nakuha namin as in malaki din pero wala parin sa kalahati ng nagastos. Ewan lang din sa iba ha if they got that big to cover for the expenses or atleast half.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:29:10 am by LGV »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2015, 03:12:35 pm »
Juwie! We should catch up soon. Thanks! Uy, you're getting married na din?! Your forum siggie spilled it for me. :)

Yes, getting married this November. It's so amazing! It's been what, 4 years since "those times" haha and look at us now! I love how things turned out ☺

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2015, 04:39:38 pm »
^Been wondering about this too! How much kaya mababawi through monetary gifts hehe although we are not expecting or factoring it in, my brother received more than half the amount spent from very generous guests and also bec they were living abroad so wala talagang gifts...so kung conservative estimate maybe at least 20-30% babalik for OFWs.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2015, 05:11:56 pm »
10% lang nabalik samin :p hindi din kami nag expect. pero kahit sinabi namin sa invitation na we want monetary gifts may nagbigay pa din ng gifts samin. masaklap may nagregalo ng recycle gift. yung tipong alam mong stock sa bahay? hahaha

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »
We weren't able to stay within the budget that the husband previously set (but that amount didn't factor in my contribution). More than doubled actually!! Hmmm... we were able to get 60% of our total expenses on top of gifts hehe. We were fortunate that the friends and relatives of our parents were very generous. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:53:04 pm by caleeice »

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »
We were 30% above budget then monetary gifts were about the same percentage din. I know sa iba, it's even more than the budget yung gifts so it just varies.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2015, 06:31:41 pm »
We are 30% over the projected maximum wedding budget. We spent a lot during the 2 weeks pre wedding meetings and preps. So to all overseas brides, keep an eye on this and include your budget for food during meetups with suppliers, petrol, parking fees, last minute beauty preps and to-buy items, etc.. parking fee and petrol in manila is ridiculous.

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2015, 09:58:43 pm »
love this topic! subscribing :)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2015, 12:30:01 am »
Correct sis belle_v2g. Actually we are not including the budget for food during meet ups, gifts, toll fees.. Parang sabi ni htb eh wag na iconsider na expense mga yun kasi part naman daw talaga yon. Ewan ko sa kanya. Siya itong maluwag sa budget hehe.  ;D Gift naman daw yun kasi nga, super nice ng mga nakuha naming supplier. new found friends talaga! Kaya 'treat' na daw yun  ;)

May tips pala ako sa mga mag Pre Nuptial. I did a 'dry-run' for myself. what clothes to wear, anong accessories for a certain damit, what color ng earrings, etc. then I put each set sa Ziploc. Para during the pre nup day, I-hanger nalang yung mga pressed clothes tapos accessories are ready to wear each bag. I need to change shoes din kada set kaya must take note kasi minsan nakakalimot magchange.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:50:26 pm by Maxim04 »

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2015, 12:48:42 am »
Correct sis belle_v2g. Actually we are not including the budget for food during meet ups, gifts, toll fees.. Parang sabi ni htb eh wag na iconsider na expense mga yun kasi part naman daw talaga yon. Ewan ko sa kanya. Siya itong maluwag sa budget hehe.  ;D Gift naman daw yun kasi nga, super nice ng mga nakuha naming supplier. new found friends talaga! Kaya 'treat' na daw yun  ;)

May tips pala ako sa mga mag Pre Nuptial. I did a 'dry-run' for myself. what clothes to wear, anong accessories for a certain damit, what color ng earrings, etc. then I put each set sa Ziploc. Para during the pre nup day, I-hanger nalang [textspeak!] mga pressed clothes tapos accessories are ready to wear each bag. I need to change shoes din kada set kaya must take note kasi minsan nakakalimot magchange.  ;D

Good idea sis Maxim04 :D  And totoo.  I had the unfortunate incident of not remembering to change shoes during my prenup.  But to us, phinophotoshop na lang namin ni hubby to be, since we've got the Raw files anyways :D 

These are nice tips, para organized talaga.  And I think it's also better to put it in your calendar.  Kami, our photographer had to change our scheduled prenup day, kaya from bigla akong nag ayos ng wala sa oras, eh we were packing my boxes during that time din. hehe.  But that was over and done with na.  I still have my prenup sa Manila which I am looking forward to as well :D

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2015, 06:35:13 am »
So to all overseas brides, keep an eye on this and include your budget for food during meetups with suppliers, petrol, parking fees, last minute beauty preps and to-buy items, etc.. parking fee and petrol in manila is ridiculous.

korek ka sis belle, magastos din ang meetups with suppliers haha

Correct sis belle_v2g.

May tips pala ako sa mga mag Pre Nuptial. I did a 'dry-run' for myself. what clothes to wear, anong accessories for a certain damit, what color ng earrings, etc. then I put each set sa Ziploc. Para during the pre nup day, I-hanger nalang [textspeak!] mga pressed clothes tapos accessories are ready to wear each bag. I need to change shoes din kada set kaya must take note kasi minsan nakakalimot magchange.  ;D

nice tips sis Maxim:) Hindi namin to naisip nung nagprenup kami and wala pa kong naisamang assistant so hassle talaga at nagkagulo kami ni h2b everytime magchechange outfit.

sevangelista

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2015, 09:08:07 am »
We exceeded by 25% of the original budget but this is to cover the increase of our number of guests 70% ng original plan. Un lagpas namin, part rin sya ng margin na inallocate ko for the wedding. So hindi rin kami masyado nabigla dun sa paglaki ng gastos. We wanted to have a wedding na within our means talaga. Preparing for the wedding and the wedding itself is a reflection of what your dynamics will be when married na kayo.

Yun gas and food we spent during meetups, hindi na namin inaccount. Inisip nalang namin na nagddate kami nun. Haha Also, we minimized doing meetups, we relied more on viber and email. Less carbon footprint na rin.

Advice rin ng officemate ko, mag-eexceed at mag-eexceed talaga sa budget (nowadays), ang tinarget nalang nya is wala syang utang.

As for the pakimkim, better siguro na wag mo muna isipin how much you will receive, mahirap ng umasa. Sabi rin ng friend namin, matutuwa ka nalang na umabot ng 20% ng naspend mo or may nagbigay.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2015, 11:46:52 am »
Another tip ko aside from the ones mentioned by our sissies, is to bring meds on your wedding day. :) Aside from bringing tissue, safety pins, mint, plaster/band-aid and other essentials on your wedding bag/pouch, bring meds with you.  Although coordinator does this naman, but I wanted to have emergency kit din in case.  I had with me the usual meds i bring everytime I travel : meds for headache, dizziness, colds, flu, diarrhea and pain reliever. You'll never know kase what you'd feel on the day eh.  In my case, pinaka-useful sakin ang diatabs.. lol! :D while my hmua was doing her magic on me, kumulo ang tiyan ko.. Haha!  It couldn't be the food since everyone had the same hotel food for breakfast. So funny, I visited the toilet thrice.. haha! Kaya I took Diatabs and I felt better din naman after.. My coordinator, suppliers and family were teasing me, wedding jitter daw.. :)  Which is true nga naman.. Ganun pala yung feeling pag ikakasal na.. Mixed emotions!  For me, nervous and excited at the same time, na nac-cr na ewan! haha :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2015, 12:38:00 pm »
I so agree with the tablets. I forgot to bring biogesic, it's the only medication that works for me esp for severe headaches. During post ceremony shoot my head started to ache, good thing Gail have paracetamol so I took 1gm straight away haha! Nawala naman before the reception started although Jam noticed na nakasimangot ako when we arrived haha! Na-alarm tuloy sila. So yes, medications must come in handy.

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Sharing tips and advice post-wedding
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2015, 12:45:38 pm »
^we got 25% sa monetary gift namin though we request for monetary gift may nag-abala pa din na magbigay ng gift na magagamit namin sa bahay.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close