Hi Po mga sissies!! I have a concern regarding my younger brother, I need your opinions on this please and thank you in advance.
My mom passed away 2 years ago, I have a brother and a sister (now 14 and 15 years), siblings from a another father ( my dad passed away when I was in highschool and mom remarried). My step dad met a girl that got pregnant a year after my mom passed. And he brought the girl to the house. He relocated to the province for his job and brought my siblings with him. Now, after another year, he got promoted again but he did not accept the offer, instead he asked to be transferred back to our city. He brought his kids again with him. My sister wants to finish her high school in the province, while my brother wants to study back in here. But I notice a big difference in my step dad, or maybe he was like that but because my mom was mature and responsible, this has masked his short comings. He is now more focused on his new family , and does not seem to care for my brother at all anymore. They always lock the door, he never ever asked my brother if he has eaten or invited him to go home, since my brother is always staying at my Aunt's house, with their house just in front. Now, school's approaching and I never heard a word from his dad regarding his enrolment ( I got his report card), so I had to initiate asking him about it.
My question is, I thought about getting my brother under my care, since we have another bedroom here that we are just using as a stock room. But I don't own this house, I am just living with my MIL. But I pay for the utilities, the maid, grocery, etc. Do you guys think it would be okay for me to ask her permission to let my brother stay here so I can guide him through these difficult time in his life? Or to tell my step dad of my plan, since he does not seem to care for my brother anymore, etc. My brother is receiving monthly pension from my Mom, that would be enough for his school, allowance or even have savings for him..
I did not sleep thinking of ways to help my siblings out. I was praying hard for guidance then that thought came to me..