Author Topic: 2016 Bride (Part 2)  (Read 85402 times)

Everyday Little Pleasures

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2015, 12:17:36 am »
@asifbymagic @bonzaigirl, I just checked works of Elizebride and I really like them. Sana mas makatipid ako since dress lang talaga gusto ko. Kung ano sa wedding, yun din sa reception kasi civil ceremony lang naman na may garden reception. :D

@ninja8, I really like Mel Orlina's works hehe. Kaso parang mahal. May idea ka sa rates? :D

Thank you for the recs! TBH sobra akong walang alam sa mga wedding designers kaya all the recs are much appreciated.

chingky

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2015, 05:13:02 am »
Finally got someone for p/v! For photography, we got Team Benitez. We love their clean style in photos and how they capture precious moments. We will be meeting them on Sunday. 😄 For videographer, we got Aisle 1401. Just quirky and no drama (konti lang hehe). 😊

Happy that we're finally moving in our planning!

swit_bully83

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #522 on: August 08, 2015, 07:06:21 am »
Am i the earliest? January 23. Hahaha. Daming April! 😆😆😆

emdchua

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #523 on: August 08, 2015, 10:34:29 am »
^sis swit_bully83 ang aga sis! kamusta planning?  :)

ece

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #524 on: August 08, 2015, 02:59:40 pm »
Am i the earliest? January 23. Hahaha. Daming April! 😆😆😆

hello sis! January 9 kame.  :) may isa pang sis din na Jan 2, tapos si sis rightback Jan 10 naman. kamusta preps?

wala padin akong gown!  ::) ::)

chingky

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #525 on: August 08, 2015, 10:28:30 pm »
Jan. 3 here! :)

Awesomecakes

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #526 on: August 09, 2015, 12:32:16 am »
Mga sis. Would you know how much and rate ngayon sa Manila Cathedral? Nag ocular kami kanina ulit ni h2b, we also visited and inquired in San Agustin. We didn't reserve yet kasi alangan si h2b sa time. He said SAC could be the perfect church but ayaw niya daw ng madalian like 1 hour for the whole ceremony including pictorial. :( Nabanggit kasi sa amin that worst thing that could happen is to cut the pictorial if ever may kasunod kaming wedding. Hay. Cant decide pa. Church pa lang ito. Nakakaloka.

He's considering Manila Cathedral tuloy. :/

asifbymagic

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #527 on: August 09, 2015, 12:51:47 am »
hi sis everyday little pleasures, nagpapeg ako kay mel orlina noon ng gown na lace top with embellishments tapos lace appliqués sa skirt tapos nasa 60k yung peg nya. Definitely na mas mahal sya kay elizebride pero mas feel ko si elizebride hehe.

sis bonzaigirl, agree ako sayo. hindi pa sya ganon kakilala pero I'm sure it won't take long bago sya maging popular. Simple pero very elegant looking yung designs nya. Sayang nga kasi ang tagal nyang hindi nagreply sakin after ng initial email conversation namin. As in June ko siya inemail tapos kanina lang talaga nagreply hehe. Nagkaissue daw yung internet nya pero nakabook na ako kay kristel yulo. Super love ko rin si kristel. :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #528 on: August 09, 2015, 01:55:09 am »
^ hindi kasi sya techy 😄😄😄 she told us before na yung pamangkin nya daw yung nagpopost ng pics nya sa IG

kichambibi

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #529 on: August 09, 2015, 12:20:40 pm »
Hello!

March 2016 bride here. Wala pa ko nabobook kahit ano :)

Ilang weeks na ko lurker, but I decided to post na. :) 

Has anyone here seen a wedding sa Renaissance Convention Center sa Marikina? How was it? We want to get it for our reception sana kaso parang dumadami na [textspeak!] extra costs nya :(

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #530 on: August 09, 2015, 05:45:40 pm »
@asifbymagic @bonzaigirl, I just checked works of Elizebride and I really like them. Sana mas makatipid ako since dress lang talaga gusto ko. Kung ano sa wedding, yun din sa reception kasi civil ceremony lang naman na may garden reception. :D

@ninja8, I really like Mel Orlina's works hehe. Kaso parang mahal. May idea ka sa rates? :D

Thank you for the recs! TBH sobra akong walang alam sa mga wedding designers kaya all the recs are much appreciated.

Paolo Blanco starts at 40k and Mel mga 70k na siya ngayon. Kung dress lang I think mas mababa pa jan. gown rates yan ha?

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #531 on: August 10, 2015, 09:06:24 am »
Mga sis. Would you know how much and rate ngayon sa Manila Cathedral? Nag ocular kami kanina ulit ni h2b, we also visited and inquired in San Agustin. We didn't reserve yet kasi alangan si h2b sa time. He said SAC could be the perfect church but ayaw niya daw ng madalian like 1 hour for the whole ceremony including pictorial. :( Nabanggit kasi sa amin that worst thing that could happen is to cut the pictorial if ever may kasunod kaming wedding. Hay. Cant decide pa. Church pa lang ito. Nakakaloka.

He's considering Manila Cathedral tuloy. :/

42k ang Manila Cathedral sis with aircon :)

rightback

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #532 on: August 10, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »
sis i think sasa jimenez has gowns at 20k but usually these are the really simple dresses ideal for beach weddings. roxy bagano starts at 20k, von lazaro not sure if around 60k, joe san antonio starts at 70k i think.

sis Awesomecakes most of the old churches in Manila area are like that unfortunately--strict na 1 hour. with Manila Cathedral though you won't have the closed door effect but its aircon. SAC, you can get away with a more relaxed wedding if its a weekday.


nylesac_09

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #533 on: August 11, 2015, 12:52:32 pm »
Hi mga sis, :) Im looking for venue near tandang sora quezon city lang 10k lang budget namin. Any suggestion?? 

Until now kase wala akong makita.. :( Pati catering service sana na masarap yung foods yung masasatisfied yung guests and kami ng hubby ko! :)

January 30, 2016 yung date namin.

annerea

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #534 on: August 12, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »
^hi twin bride nylesac_09 :)

our wedding will be in the province, so i might not have inputs regarding your question. i hope other GT sissies here can help you out. happy preps! :)

peanutbuttercups

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #535 on: August 13, 2015, 02:21:04 pm »
Hi girls,

Will be going to HK weeks from now, may I know any shop with wedding related things na marerecommend nyo?

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #536 on: August 13, 2015, 04:54:09 pm »
Hi girls,

Will be going to HK weeks from now, may I know any shop with wedding related things na marerecommend nyo?

Hey peanutbuttercups, check out Beverley Commercial Centre on Chatham Road (Hong Kong side, near Jordan MTR). It has everything wedding-related (gown rentals, custom-made shoes, tailors, etc) - most of what I saw though are more geared towards traditional Chinese weddings. Just have a look around and maybe you find something you like.

Is there anything specific you're looking for?

peanutbuttercups

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #537 on: August 13, 2015, 08:10:07 pm »
^ uww thanks girl! gusto ko lang mag window shopping hehe! Pero kapag may nakita akong okey, pag isipan ko :)

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #538 on: August 14, 2015, 07:59:51 am »
Hello ladies!

I've been lurking around for a few months now and decided to jump in since h2b and I are in the deep of our wedding preps na.  I'm an overseas bride and we will be holding our wedding in Manila on October 2016.  Just wanna share the suppliers I've booked so far:

Church:Manila Cathedral and Santuario de San Jose
I know it's weird to book 2 churches but we initially wanted Manila Cathedral until our coordinator advised us of how strict they are and that they don't allow personal vows.  After we paid for the deposit, I realized that I really want that closed-door dramatic effect for my entrance, and with the glass doors of Manila Cathedral, I'm just not feeling it.  So yeah, we booked SSJ because we've heard about how easy it is to deal with them and the proximity to our venue.  We are most likely gonna go with SSJ.  Bahala na si batman sa deposit sa Manila Cathedral.

Venue: The Peninsula Manila
Video: Treehouse Story
Photo:  Chapter 1 Studios
Coordinator: Day One Project
Band: Sound Salad
HMUA : Makeup by Soleil

I'm in talks with Dave Sandoval and Robert Blancaflor regarding my church and reception styling, pero I really don't know if it's worth the money.  If there are any brides here who can share their thoughts regarding event styling, especially kung sa hotel na.  I don't know if it's necessary or if we could just go with the standard package that the hotel offers.  Im not sure how it would look eh. 

For my gown I am getting a quote from Jazel Sy.  Since it's 14 months away pa naan I'll just get in touch with her around October.

Anyway, there you go.  Just want to add na GT has helped me a lot especially when I'm indecisive about something.  Thank you for sharing your wedding preps experiences!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #539 on: August 14, 2015, 05:11:54 pm »
Hi Tinsflor: Both Dave Sandoval and Robert Blancaflor were my top 2 choices. I chose Robert.

As for styling needs in a hotel. My 1st wedding 10 years ago was in Makati Shang, and Robert was also the stylist. For me I never regretted hiring a stylist. I DID however regret skimping on mood lighting. I didnt think Makati Shang needed any more mood lighting so I had only perhaps 18 par lamps.

If you aren't so particular about the styling then perhaps you can contact the in-house florist of Pen and directly negotiate with the florist. It would be cheaper for you to ask the in-house florist to upgrade the basic centerpieces in the hotel package. Try to ask how much upgrading can be done, including any accessories you might want to add, like candles etc.

Re Robert: I was happy with his service years ago, and also so far happy this time around. Except I am quite annoyed with the AE Robert assigned to me. Would you believe Robert actually emails and texts me back more often and faster than the AE? So now I just skip the AE and communicate directly with Robert.

Dave naman is also so easy to speak with. I really love his personality. If you like beautiful, dramatic, huge bridal and entourage bouquets then definitely go for Dave.  I think Dave makes some of the prettiest bouquets around. Even better than Vatel (sorry Vatel fans!).

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:14:59 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close