Author Topic: 2016 Bride (Part 2)  (Read 85368 times)

fluffyfluff

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2015, 08:16:43 pm »
^^ wow sis, medyo OC lang ang peg?hehe peace! Its great to see na you are super organized with your plans pero if you can, I suggest to try to start as early as now rather than August. If may mga bagay na kaya simulan na, kahit via email lang sya feel ko would be better para habang palapit ng palapit yung date, mas less ng less yung hassle :)  Also, feel ko aside from tje cousin, mas maganda kung nay katuwang talaga sya na coordinator kasi since destination wedding kayo the stress and complications of the event is doubled, maka ma-overwhelm si pinsan and di nya ma-enjoy ang wedding niyo. Are you based in HK ba? I like Chow Tai Fook's jewelry more than CSS or others kasi mostly sa kanila, iba iba ang designs per branch so wala kang masyadong kaparehas ng style. And lastly, bride and breakfast has a hongkong page na sa ig so you can try check them out for more ideas :)

Hope this helps and happy preps!:)

fluffyfluff

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2015, 08:20:02 pm »
Guys, ask ko lang, applicable ba or meron bang people with disability (pwd) discount ang mga suppliers? Haha I mean, pag pwd ka ba you can get a discount from them, kahit hindi naman yung usual 20% na nakukuha mo sa mga establishment pero kahit baka kaunting bawas lang? Would it be fine to ask them or nakakahiya?

Thanks so much!!:)

kateguerzon08

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2015, 08:49:18 pm »
So why did I bore all of you with this littany? Apart from being  frustrated writer (haha) I need to know from you, my experienced GT sisters: is there anything I am missing or doing wrong?  :-\  :-\

ang haba nga sis, pero binasa ko, haha :P

anyway, how about gift for your principal sponsors and/or entourage? or kasama na yun sa wedding favours mo? if not, yun ang suggestion ko sa tanong mo na if there's anything you're missing with your list..pero ok din yan sis, atleast you got all of it planned and listed, and like what sis fluffyfluff said, you can start as early as now naman na  ;)

brendaumnas

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2015, 09:13:43 pm »
Hello everyone! Pa-join ako :)

June 5, 2016 wedding namin

So far eto palang meron kami
Church: Christ the King Parish
Reception: Glass Garden
Photographer: Camzar Photography
OTD Coordinator: Absolutely Knot Events

for HMUA, I'm still deciding between Eds Go and Mayone Bakunawa. Any thoughts?

for videographer, Dux Dacudao of The Sparks Series yung pasok sa budget.

Happy preps!  :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »
Hi Anneshirley!! Our wedding dates are only a month away from each other :) in getting married in May next year. Been engaged since last July hehe Anyways have fun planning your wedding! Just a little tip  though, before you book a supplier think about it first and give yourself a week or two before you make a deposit. When I first started planning I  booked  a supplier on impulse haha and really regretted it. Its a good thing  I was able to break away from  the contract.

Good luck with your preps!!

peanutbuttercups

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2015, 01:25:01 am »
Hi girls :) 1st time to post here. Wedding Date is last week of Feb. Venue palang na bobook namin :))

bwatinella

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2015, 06:17:31 am »
Hi peanutbuttercups! Sabay tayo ng week ng wedding, last week of Feb 2016 din kami. :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:33 am »
 ;D ;D ;D  WOW ang dami na nating 2016 brides :)  hehehhe.. Welcome to GT sis brendaumnas :D  Our weddings are only 5 days apart.  I'm a June 10, 2016 Tagaytay bride :D   

As for your question, I have had no experience with Mayone, but my HMUA is Eds Go :D I just love her blooming blushing brides :D  Medyo higher rate lang nga sya.  I heard na kasali sya sa SM Megamall bridal fair this July :D Maybe you can check her rates there :)  and maybe you can get freebies and discounts :D

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2015, 09:19:15 am »
for HMUA, I'm still deciding between Eds Go and Mayone Bakunawa. Any thoughts?

I was a Mayone bride. I LOVE HER! As early as my trial make-up, she gave me tips for skin care, hair care headdress, contact lenses, etc., to make me look my best on our wedding day. Indeed, she made me look and feel my best come wedding day! :) She's also super nice and cool! Get her if she's still available on your date!! :) I highly recommend her!

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2015, 10:10:43 am »
Hello everyone! Pa-join ako :)

June 5, 2016 wedding namin

So far eto palang meron kami
Church: Christ the King Parish
Reception: Glass Garden
Photographer: Camzar Photography
OTD Coordinator: Absolutely Knot Events

for HMUA, I'm still deciding between Eds Go and Mayone Bakunawa. Any thoughts?

for videographer, Dux Dacudao of The Sparks Series yung pasok sa budget.

Happy preps!  :)

sis we have the same church and venue. glass garden is so pretty! pero nakakairita how they charge you for almost everything. i got a non-accredited caterer kasi and aside from the fee for non-accredited caterer, there's a bond fee pa for the non-accredited caterer (different pa yung bond fee for venue). so annoying.

nice yung work ng the spark series sis! i was considering them before for my videos. though i ended up getting 1 supplier lang for my photos and videos, mas sulit sa budget. they're h&m photo cinema if you wanna look them up.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2015, 02:17:07 pm »
Hello sisses brendaumnas and barbeecue, aside from the bond fees, merong electrical charge na 8k sa GG.. pero yung bond fee nung venue na 15k is refundable.. :)

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »
Hello sisses brendaumnas and barbeecue, aside from the bond fees, merong electrical charge na 8k sa GG.. pero yung bond fee nung venue na 15k is refundable.. :)

ay nako sis, i saw lang the 8k electrical charge after i booked my L/S and inis na inis ako. 8k for 5 hours of extra lights?! grr! the bond fee for the non-accredited caterer is refundable also pero magagalit talaga ko if they start charging me imaginary fees on the wedding day just to not return the bond fees!  >:(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:44:10 pm by barbeecue »

peanutbuttercups

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »
sis caleeice, how much did you get Mayone? :)

mrs.abc

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2015, 04:23:45 pm »
Hi mga sis! June 18, 2016 b2b here..

1 year before wedding day and eto pa lang nabook namin:
Church: Chapel on the Hill
Venue: Club Ananda
Photo: Bryan Venancio
Video: Ghe Consolacion
HMUA: Mariah Santos
Band: Madz & Dhzei

This August, target namin ibook ang catering. Big 2 is KbyC and Madel's. Ano bang mga usual questions sa FT? Nagpa-sched kami both sa kanila ng meeting para mas mabusisi namin alin ang totoong mas sulit.. hahah We really need help on this kasi hirap magdecide between the 2.

Thanks mga sis!  ;)


anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2015, 09:18:53 pm »
fluffyfluff - thanks for completing the long read (hehe) and for the tips!!  :-* :-* I super agree with you: I asked fiance's cousin na if I can get a coordinator so she doesn't get stressed and we'll talk more about it when we fly there in August  :) In the meantime fiance has action to start engaging my picks and I make kulit every date night hehe  8)

kateguerzon08, thanks sis! Actually I'm looking to get away with a wedding with no entourage; I don't want to force non-immediate family to go to a destination wedding just because they're part of it  :-\ I'll ask the HK priest what the requirements are muna - baka nga kelangan ng non-family witnesses to sign the contract  :) In any case just want to ask: when are ninong & ninang gifts given? Before the wedding or after?

Chili1113: galing! For some reason I got chills at the almost-coincidence hahaha It's so good you have 2 years' prep time, at least you were able to rethink decisions and impacts are minimal  :) :) less than a year to go for you, so exciting!!!!

mrs.abc, we have the exact same wedding date!!!! Congratulations on what you've booked so far, you've got the major ones already done  :) Hope you're enjoying preps!!

kateguerzon08

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2015, 09:40:16 pm »
kateguerzon08, thanks sis! Actually I'm looking to get away with a wedding with no entourage; I don't want to force non-immediate family to go to a destination wedding just because they're part of it  :-\ I'll ask the HK priest what the requirements are muna - baka nga kelangan ng non-family witnesses to sign the contract  :) In any case just want to ask: when are ninong & ninang gifts given? Before the wedding or after?

hi sis! kame after the wedding na namen ibibigay yun gifts sa ninongs and ninangs namen, yun na din ang souvenirs namen for them, since we don't plan to have souvenirs for all guests, meron na din kase kame kinuhang photobooth kasama sa package ng photographer / videographer namen. goodluck on our wedding prep sis!  ;D

brendaumnas

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2015, 10:45:48 pm »
H
ay nako sis, i saw lang the 8k electrical charge after i booked my L/S and inis na inis ako. 8k for 5 hours of extra lights?! grr! the bond fee for the non-accredited caterer is refundable also pero magagalit talaga ko if they start charging me imaginary fees on the wedding day just to not return the bond fees!  >:(

Hi sis barbeecue and sis juwie! oo nga eh, alam nyo yung feeling na napapa-dalawang isip ka kung itutuloy or hindi? pero itutuloy nalang since nakapagpa-reserve na. sayang 20k noh! Pinili ko GG kasi aside from maganda, madali lang puntahan for us since sa Marikina ang relatives ko, then Cubao naman si h2b.

Actually, napapaisip pa ako if mag-upgrade kami ng lights and sounds. Hanging crystals ang meron kami sa diamond. Ayoko kasi yung masyadong ma-pink or purple yung background, d ko masyado na-appreciate yung pics. And for the non-accredited caterer, kinausap ko hizon's. sabi ko, if sila kunin namin, pwede bang maghati kami sa 30k na corkage. pumayag naman, 50-50 daw kami. but so far, wala pa kaming caterer. definitely not k by cunanan kasi masyadong mahal ang 1300 per head.

I was a Mayone bride. I LOVE HER! As early as my trial make-up, she gave me tips for skin care, hair care headdress, contact lenses, etc., to make me look my best on our wedding day. Indeed, she made me look and feel my best come wedding day! :) She's also super nice and cool! Get her if she's still available on your date!! :) I highly recommend her!
hi sis! nagagandahan din ako sa gawa nya. I think, mas natural looking than eds. plus lahat nga ng reviews sa kanya ay positive. may kamahalan nga lang, pero syempre investment ang hmua.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2015, 11:06:40 am »
Sis barbeecue iba pa ba yung bond fee for the non-accredited caterer sa corkage fee na 30k?

Sis brendaumnas, try M Catering, before we also considered them kasi they were willing to shoulder or meet halfway with the corkage fee in GG ☺

I like Mayone Bakunawa! Super galing nya mag make up. For me si Eds Go medyo makapal mag make up, pero maganda rin naman ang outcome ☺

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2015, 12:00:43 pm »
Sis brendaumnas maganda rin parking sa glass garden and airconditioned. Sa fernwood kasi ang gulo ng parking and no a/c. Important sakin airconditioned, even the church i picked has a/c. From qc lang din kami ng family ko & h2b's family kaya good location din siya.

Sis juwie, yes iba pa yung 10k bond fee for non-accredited caterer sa 30k fee for non-accredited caterer. 40k total! Ang money hungry ng glass garden. I'm considering na nga foregoing na my upgraded L/S kasi may additional 8k electrical charge pa sila. My god so annoying talaga. You think ba sis i can get away with the basic lights offered by gg? I'm planning to get pa naman the crystal chandeliers and hanging crystals para the ceiling wont look bare.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: 2016 Bride (Part 2)
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2015, 12:36:12 pm »
Sis barbeecue, I'm not sure kasi kung gaano ka basic yung basic lights nila eh :( evening din ang reception mo diba? May band ka ba and how many pax ang target guests?

Parehas tayo sis na #1 requirement ang aircon sa pag book ng Church and venue. Haha! Hence the CTK + GG combo. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close