Author Topic: Running And Training Shoes  (Read 10653 times)

ThorBeek

Re: Running And Training Shoes
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 08:58:42 am »
^^ @artificialstar...good decision on having separate shoes for running and working out. Magkaiba talaga ang mga foot and leg muscles and bones involved sa running and working-out. You wouldn't notice it much if you're only doing, say, 15minutes sa threadmill. But once you go and run for about 45minutes and hindi tamang running shoes ang suot mo, you'll start experiencing pain in some part of the foot/legs. And it will become chroninc and persistent if you continue using the wrong type of shoe. Based on personal experience ito, ma'am.  :)

lawrence01

• Keepin' It Real.
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 12:29:16 pm »
Hi everyone. I just started working in BGC. Office located  26th and 5th st. Any suggestion where to run? Thanks.

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 03:27:31 am »
is it true we have to replace our running/training shoes every 4-6 months para mas effective sya?
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

peewee

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 08:32:34 pm »
if u workout in the gym, whether for group classes or with a trainer/individual workout, suggest using cross training shoes (any movement is good, whether forward/back, side to side, etc)...
"It is only with the heart that one can see; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

alfigs

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2016, 08:49:07 am »
Hi ladies! Sorry this is a little late na but I just want to share anyway.

I've had the same questions before especially when I was beginning my fitness journey, like what to wear, what shoes, etc.

For gym, any shoe that your feet are comfortable in actually works. However, when I started to run as well using the same gym shoes, I eventually developed plantar fasciitis (where my foot hurts especially in the heel). Turns out that you have to have good shoes according to how you run. Medyo complicated but I had to analyze for myself - yeah i know it's not the right route - but better that than none at all. Anyway, you more than others should know your feet better. If you have high arches, flat feet, etc. So depending on that, you look for the shoe model - not just the brand - that will fit the shape of your feet best.

Based on research and worn most by runners, some great and dependable brands are Asics, Brooks, Saucony, and New Balance. Right now I'm using Saucony and so far so good. Again, it's the model, not all Saucony shoes will be right for you =)

Happy running!

Cee05

• GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »
Need to find good running/ jogging shoes. I've been wearing a pair of Flyknits and usually the base of feet, mid portion, would hurt after a few rounds of jogging. :(

bipolarbear

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:00 am »
ang hirap to find the right shoes since i have small feet. i want to go dun sa store na they will let u run and see what's the best shoes for you kaso nga i have small feet, even the smallest shoe size for adult wont fit me. madalas biggest shoe size ng kids ang pwede sakin
With this hand
I will lift your sorrows.
Your cup will never be empty
for I will be your wine.
With this candle,
I will light your way into darkness. With this ring,
I ask you to be mine.
*.*Victor Van Dorth - Corpse Bride*.*

happynlove

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2016, 07:20:02 am »
Reviving this thread :) magsstart na ko magGym soon. What shoe do you recommend for training for wide feet :d

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:40 pm »
^ilang inch dapat yung shoes bigger than your feet? I have a very small feet. Size 3 ng US. So kids section ako pumupunta. When i went to New Balance branch in BGC high street, their store has shoe size for both kids and adult. The sales guy gave me a pair of shoe (size 6 US) na maliit daw ang size. So i tried it. It is about an inch bigger than my feet. Or maybe 0.75 inch. Anyway, when i tried their size 3, (different shoe style) it is about half a centimeter lang yung luwag nya sakin. Which i like.

Pero the guy said I should get the size 6 daw kasi mag socks pako e manipis lang naman ako mag socks.

Any inputs on this? TIA
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

artificialstar

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2016, 05:12:22 pm »
^ Hi sis, need ng allowance pag running shoes kase umeexpand yung feet natin when running. If it's a little too tight, it'd be uncomfy to run.

peewee

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2016, 04:33:19 pm »
wide feet i would recommend New Balance :)
"It is only with the heart that one can see; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

exquisitegem

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Be Bold or Italic. Never Regular.
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2016, 10:17:15 pm »
Try Asics. It's one of the best brands for running.

fashtag

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 11:23:14 pm »
what would be considered a nice running shoes just around the village to burn some fats? 

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 05:04:00 am »
I am using newbalance running shoes. I asked my bf na rin regarding this. I can use running shoes daw for training pero not the othee way around :)
I like games well played :)

junepets

• pink.purple.blue.green.yellow. red.elephant.hellokitty. havainas.lacoste
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Happily married to the one I truly love....
    • my IG
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 08:02:18 am »
I use mizuno, saucony and newton. :)
first love is important but last love is VERY VERY important.... because first love teaches what is love and last love teaches WHAT IS LIFE.

http://ytterpenuj.blogspot.com

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 11:01:51 pm »
what would be considered a nice running shoes just around the village to burn some fats? 

For running on pavement (which I rarely do) I use Hoka One Ones.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close