Author Topic: Invitations (Part 3)  (Read 83268 times)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #560 on: April 23, 2016, 03:00:09 pm »
Question mga sis, how did you go about the order of names sa Principal sponsors. I'm ready to print mine (doing ut DIY) pero I just wanted to doublemcheck first. Knowing my mum, she will find fault in it. Chaka need ba talaga na kasama pati middle name ng mga PS? Thanks

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #561 on: April 23, 2016, 04:19:59 pm »
^ako sis mix and match by height and then I just placed their whole names without the Middle Name or Initials and omitted the Doctorate or Master degrees..

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2016, 04:45:04 pm »
^ I was planning on doing that, omitting their titles, kaso I received an earful. Kasi nakasulat na sya. Kaso, my mum kept on saying tungkol sa yun yung eldest first couson nya.. yada yada.. when I don't even know that person. And I'm in my mid30-s na. Kaya naasar na ako.  hehe.  Kaya I just want to get something from a different perspective. 

Kaya I wnated to know from others kung pano nila yung order ng names ng mga Principal Sponsor. If it's by age, or by kung sino ang pinaka main people who you look upto as a couple, or via alphabetical order ( this is what I did actually hehe)

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2016, 05:21:56 pm »
^ay oo sis I also did that, closest first muna tapos hindi na din ako nagpa-proxy nung d umattend sa kasal ko kasi sakto 1pair wala.




caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2016, 06:19:16 pm »
Most of our PS come from the same profession. The rest are relatives. We didn't get any politician/high ranking gov official that we didn't really know. To avoid any issue as regards ranking, we took the safe route and arranged their names alphabetically. Hehe.

daeyan

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #565 on: April 24, 2016, 01:11:39 am »
For those looking for a cheaper invitation, i highly recommend cumbidado events. Very nice ang printing and paper and my guests were all impressed sa outcome ng invitation. Aside from that, sobrang baet and accommodating nila. Just look for their fb account. 😊

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #566 on: April 25, 2016, 09:00:53 am »
Sis disrespectful ba kung hindi ilalagay yung titles?  e.g. engr, atty, dr, cong? Kasi yung mom ko nung naninang siya medyo nagalangan siya nung nakita yung name niya sa invitation "MRS" tapos yung iba Dra, Atty, parang nakakahiya daw. Para sana pantay pantay sila total iintroduce naman sila during reception? hahahaha..

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2016, 10:52:17 am »
^I'm arranging mine by height. I didn't want to choose favorites by arranging the PS according to how "close" they are to us, or how "big" of a name they are. Arranging by height (or alphabetical) seems fair, hehe. I'm omitting middle initials as well.


caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #568 on: April 25, 2016, 11:55:35 am »
Sis disrespectful ba kung hindi ilalagay yung titles?  e.g. engr, atty, dr, cong? Kasi yung mom ko nung naninang siya medyo nagalangan siya nung nakita yung name niya sa invitation "MRS" tapos yung iba Dra, Atty, parang nakakahiya daw. Para sana pantay pantay sila total iintroduce naman sila during reception? hahahaha..

I understand the sentiment sis. My friend, who is one of my bridesmaids, got dyahe because most of our entourage were our classmates from grad school hence the titles before their names.

Pero in a framily friend's wedding, my mum kind of got tampo because she was referred to as "MRS." whereas others, including my dad, my husband and me, all had our titles. Hehe. So some elders might also get tampo, or take offense (depending on how sensitive they are haha) if their titles are omitted. But maybe it would be different if ALL titles are removed. You would know your PS/guests better sis. :)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #569 on: April 25, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »
^yun nga din naisip ko sis caleeice baka may magtampo or maoffend. Ang hirap. hahaha.. Although konti lang naman sa kanila may titles.

Pero mga sis yung nilalagay lang naman yung before names na titles db? yung mga titles after, like CPA, MBA hindi na db? hahaha..

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #570 on: April 25, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »
Hmmm the only ones we included were for lawyers, doctors and engineers. I haven't seen mba or cpa in invites. Other titles I've seen are Dr to refer to those with PHDs, Arch for architects and Hon for other high ranking officials. :)

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #571 on: April 25, 2016, 04:54:26 pm »
^Thanks sis caleeice I hope I can come up with a decision before I finalize my invitation..

marjin

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #572 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:06 pm »
hello mga sis! share your opinions please.. we are done with our invitations and OK to distribute anytime. however too late when we noticed that time written was exactly 3:00pm--our ceremony. my concern is baka late sila PS dumating :(

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #573 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:34 pm »
^Call and tell them to be there by at least 245pm, better if 230pm. Then a few days before the wedding, call or text them again.

marjin

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2016, 10:06:44 am »
^thank you rowan. exactly what hubby said.  ;) im getting paranoid over little things

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #575 on: May 04, 2016, 05:06:26 pm »
Any urbanista bride? parang sakanila ko na gusto kumuha.

ok sila kausap, mabilis naman magreply.

any inputs sa matte finish? pansin ko kasi may additional kapag matte finish eh.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:28:10 pm by hermione28 »

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #576 on: May 11, 2016, 07:49:55 pm »
Mga sis, eto now ang hinahanap kong invitation. Nakita ko sa OLX kaso wala naman contact number. expired na din yung ads. :( Anyone can help me?

Scroll Invitation


Or anyone can recommend na maganda gumawa ng scroll invitation?

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #577 on: May 23, 2016, 02:03:46 pm »
Ang hirap pala magpagawa ng invitation. Akala ko dati the supplier will provide sample wordings, tapos eedit mo nalang. Wala kasi nagbibigay saken ng wordings, ako ang hinihingan nila. sabi ko wala pa akong layout kaya wala pa din akong wordings. Hindi ko nga alam kung ano ano mga nilalagay sa invitation. Kaloka naman to.

katyperry

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #578 on: May 23, 2016, 02:28:12 pm »
Hello! Just wanted to ask whether may alam kayo na invitation shop that can accommodate well? I've heard about MG and Sweet Scapes and I've already talked to Printdivas, Print & Co. and Ink Scribbler.... so far wala pa akong napipili. I actually want a custom design by an artist friend of mine and wala akong alam na special printing shop near my area (I live in Malate); perhaps you can suggest some?

*By special printing, I mean gold foil emboss. I've been informed that Print & Co. offers this as well but they haven't replied to my inquiries yet.

Thanks so much!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #579 on: May 23, 2016, 07:39:00 pm »
^Sis sweetscapes did the layout of my invitation. Im not sure if Leean also does printing of invites. But anyhow super hassle-free to work with Sweetscapes =) Highly recommend her for layouts

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close