Author Topic: Invitations (Part 3)  (Read 83516 times)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #580 on: May 23, 2016, 07:53:15 pm »
@hermione28 - try checking www.printsonalities.com.  They have sample wordings there which helped me when I was trying to word my DIY invites. Although I also checked other sample invites by looking at google and in Pinterest.  In saying this, may nasabi pa din yung eldest Chinese uncle namin. May namali kasi ako sa order ng mga PS,  and may naiba kasi akong format. Although madaminnaman akong relatives na nagsabi na maganda yung invites na nagawa ko. Bohemian naman kasi ang peg namin hehe.  I didn't know that I still have to follow the old Chinese way. Anyways, our invotes have been sent out. Can't do anything about it.  Nyahahhahaha. Best of luck sis.

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #581 on: May 24, 2016, 09:30:36 am »
@Missus O: May I know what was wrong with the order of your PS? And what other things did you change re the format? hehe. I'm working on my invites now, and didn't even consider that some of my relatives would mind the more modern look I'm going for...

katyperry

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #582 on: May 29, 2016, 04:27:03 am »
I'm interested in booking Kenneth Uy. Any feedback on him? Sweetscapes and Made by Lai haven't responded yet. Won't be able to backread but I've got mixed reception from him.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2016, 01:25:09 pm »
@stella - well, I didn't want kasi to follow yung mga titles ba. But our eldest Chinese uncle insisted that it should be via titles  first then by age. Parang kung sino yung pinaka inportante. And dapat daw Uncle ang gagamitin ko instead of Mr. And the men's names should be on the left column.  hehe.. I wanted to consider din kasi my husband's side, eh hindi naman sila Chinese kasi. Yung uncle ko lang naman na yun ang nagcomment.  Yung iba eh okay naman sila. And maganda naman daw.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #584 on: May 29, 2016, 01:51:59 pm »
@Missus O: May I know what was wrong with the order of your PS? And what other things did you change re the format? hehe. I'm working on my invites now, and didn't even consider that some of my relatives would mind the more modern look I'm going for...

We did ours via seniority... Matching oldest ninong with oldest ninang regardless of title i.e doctor.  Siguro the only time you will need to put one ahead of the other if you have say a congressman or governor, but the rest can be done by seniority. =)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #585 on: May 30, 2016, 10:04:51 am »
@Chili and @Missus O:  ohh... I was just planning to arrange my principal sponsors by height, haha! I didn't want to arrange them by importance (they're mostly my god parents from baptism or relatives, so it's difficult to determine who is more "important" to us...). Though that makes sense, maybe I should arrange them by age/seniority. I'd better double check this with my parents! thanks for the advice!

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #586 on: May 30, 2016, 10:55:42 am »
^ hi kateperry. I also booked kenneth uy but my wedding is feb 2017 pa. But based on the bridal fair, ms. Lulu (wife ba siya ni kenneth?) is very accommodating and their minimum is only 50 pcs. unlike others na 100 pcs.  Also, they allowed us na nakalaser cut yung sa principal sponsors and yung sa ibang guest is normal envelope lang. Hence, wala din silang minimum even though laser cut and we got it same price naman just like sa iba na min. is 100. Then two days after we booked them, they sent the template already.

Magaganda ang designs nila for us, so we booked them.

So far yun pa lang ang masasabi ko about them, i also hope to get some feedback about them here in GT.  :)

ayouweinlove

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #587 on: May 30, 2016, 07:21:41 pm »
^ inquired kay kenneth uy din before sa bridal fair. their minimum is 100pcs but good to know na they offer 50pcs minimum na.  i guess marami ang nagtatanong ng less than a hundred invites. siguro dahil uso na ang e-invite? ang dali na kasi ngayon noh.. gagawa ka na lang ng event sa FB and tagging of friends lang.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:20:19 am by ayouweinlove »

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #588 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:43 am »
^ I agree with you ayouweinlove. Mas madali and cost efficient yung sa FB, lalo na if you know na di mo naman mapupuntahan lahat to give the invitation. kaya siguro pumapayag na din sila ng 50 pcs. minimum. Anyway, sila pa nga nagsabi na kung 150 guests kami, maximum is mga 75 na. We only ordered 50 pcs. then addtl. na lang siguro if ever needed.  :)

marbleslice

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #589 on: May 31, 2016, 11:06:47 am »
Good to know the invitation suppliers are becoming flexible :) kami with our 150 guests, we plan to give invites lang to our family, relatives, entourage, and PS. The rest, e-invite na lang siguro.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #590 on: May 31, 2016, 11:57:43 am »
Missus O - thanks sis. meron na ako wordings, hehe.

Need help mga sis. I found a supplier, cheap sya compare sa iba, free layout naman but she's not that good and hindi sya gumagawa ng map. Plan ko ipa layout nalang sa iba. Sweetscapes cannot accomodate na, puno na daw sya until second week of July.

May alam pa kayo saan pa pwede magpa layout?

marjin

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #591 on: May 31, 2016, 01:13:39 pm »
Missus O - thanks sis. meron na ako wordings, hehe.

Need help mga sis. I found a supplier, cheap sya compare sa iba, free layout naman but she's not that good and hindi sya gumagawa ng map. Plan ko ipa layout nalang sa iba. Sweetscapes cannot accomodate na, puno na daw sya until second week of July.

May alam pa kayo saan pa pwede magpa layout?

our map sis si fiancee lang nag layout with the help of google maps.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #592 on: June 07, 2016, 04:03:13 pm »
I'm looking for a good printer that will do letterpress invitations na reasonably priced. Nun naghanap ako it will cost $1000 (P34k) for 60 invites... thanks but no thanks

I did my save the dates via vistaprint. Mga $40 (P1.2k) lang nagastos ko for 60 cards.

If anyone is interested in doing watercolor maps - try http://maps.stamen.com
They have a software that converts normal google maps to watercolour. You just have to add landmarks.


Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #593 on: June 07, 2016, 04:24:59 pm »
^My letterpressed invites only cost me P170 (double envelope, 1st page double ply). However, they don't use cotton paper so the imprint isn't deep.

You can also try Craft Master. They have cotton paper and have cheap letterpress. I wish I had my invitations made by them but their shop is so far from where I live.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #594 on: June 07, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »
^thank you. I'll have a look.

I want nice invitations but at the same time nakakapanghinayang dahil I know for some of them they will just end up in the bin.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #595 on: June 08, 2016, 09:45:55 am »
Missus O - thanks sis. meron na ako wordings, hehe.

Need help mga sis. I found a supplier, cheap sya compare sa iba, free layout naman but she's not that good and hindi sya gumagawa ng map. Plan ko ipa layout nalang sa iba. Sweetscapes cannot accomodate na, puno na daw sya until second week of July.

May alam pa kayo saan pa pwede magpa layout?

Hi sis my friend will be doing my invi layouts. Her name is Tin Peres (IG: @tinperez and @colorandoodle). You can check her out.  :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2016, 02:15:45 pm »
How many months ahead is everyone planning to send out their invitations? What is the standard? Thanks! :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #597 on: June 10, 2016, 02:29:03 pm »
8-12 weeks before the wedding is when you normally send invitations.


stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #598 on: June 10, 2016, 03:00:26 pm »
^thank you! :)

TheBusyBride

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #599 on: June 10, 2016, 07:58:04 pm »
planning on getting kenneth uy for the invites, siya din kasi supplier ng sister ko sa wedding niya. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close