Author Topic: Invitations (Part 3)  (Read 83748 times)

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #340 on: October 08, 2015, 07:26:29 pm »
^hi sis! di pa eh.. gagawa dapat ako kaso di ko na tinuloy kasi nga yun, putol yung 5r invitation ko :(

shrek250190

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #341 on: October 10, 2015, 09:11:45 am »
Hi sis twinxz.  may crop option dun and you can select fit page.  baka umubra.  kaso 1 page lang din.

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2015, 10:01:17 pm »
^thanks sis! will explore it maybe tomorrow. Mag DIY muna ko ng envelopes since yung envelope color na gusto ko is not available sa lahat ng napuntahan ko :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2015, 10:07:55 pm »
Hello!! Does anyone else know a graphic designer other that sweetscapes and 101 Folk St. who can do invitation layout and monogram for the same price? I was gonna get sweetscapes but acdg to her FB shes fully booked till Jan, and I want sana to have my invitations ready by end of Jan. She hasnt answered my email also, baka sobrang busy. Thank you!

krysia27

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2015, 02:36:21 pm »
Hello!! Does anyone else know a graphic designer other that sweetscapes and 101 Folk St. who can do invitation layout and monogram for the same price? I was gonna get sweetscapes but acdg to her FB shes fully booked till Jan, and I want sana to have my invitations ready by end of Jan. She hasnt answered my email also, baka sobrang busy. Thank you!

Hi Sir, I know of a good calligrapher for your monogram pero hindi ko sure about the timeline and if she can do your monogram. instagram.com/eruannecalie/ But she can't do layouts, though :( calligraphy lang [textspeak!]

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #345 on: October 11, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »
^^Chili1113, how much is your budget for Sweetscapes? Baka pasok si Pretty Palette by OJ. If you haven't booked a printer, you might wanna consider Wink and Printsonalities baka cheaper if same supplier na design and printing.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #346 on: October 11, 2015, 07:24:21 pm »
sparklinngjewel: sweetscapes quoted me 1750 in July. But I dont know how much na for 2016. Sayang I booked na kasi my invitation printer and I got a really good bridal fair discount price naman considering that its letterpress and double ply. The catch is, the printer really has no graphic designer to do the layouts, and their designs are very classic. I was thinking sayang naman yung pagka letterpress if I dont fix the design. =(

Thanks for your suggestion! I will contact Pretty Palette by OJ. Sana it doesnt exceed 2k hehe

krysia27: Thanks so much for the tip! Unfortunately what I really need is more for doing the layout na print-ready na for the invitation supplier. I also have a monogram design na but I need someone to digitize it hehe
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:28:37 pm by Chili1113 »

xsugar

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #347 on: October 12, 2015, 08:37:01 am »
hi mga sis, i need help. saan ako pwedeng bumili ng colored paper na medyo matigas?yung may dark blue color sana.wala akong makita sa NBS, black lang meron sila.any suggestions?thanks!

zaji731

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #348 on: October 12, 2015, 12:43:08 pm »
finally booked Urbanista for my invites. layout design/stationery/printing all included na is 55/set.
Its a bit customized as we already had a vision of what our invitation should be. will post here when we get the output :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2015, 01:36:56 pm »
Yay!! Leean of sweetscapes replied na to my email. She is already fully booked till Jan next year but she was able to pencil book me pala for November so we can start next month na! So happy that my invitations can go into production by December! I want to get my invitations kasi at least 3 months before the wedding since we will be distributing them even in the province so medyo matagal ang distribution.

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2015, 05:18:20 am »
Congrats Chili! I am back in the wedding board after 2 months of not looking or paying attention to anything wedding related.

I just realised that I need to get my invites out by mid November for my January wedding so coordinating with Global now.

Out of curiosity, can you give a price range re: sweetscapes?
Global is charging me 10/ invite for a calligraphy like script. for another 10/ invite, I can get someone to do the calligraphy but my enemy here is time. i want to get the invites all out before people start going on vacation.


Yay!! Leean of sweetscapes replied na to my email. She is already fully booked till Jan next year but she was able to pencil book me pala for November so we can start next month na! So happy that my invitations can go into production by December! I want to get my invitations kasi at least 3 months before the wedding since we will be distributing them even in the province so medyo matagal ang distribution.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2015, 06:13:53 am »
^sis, sweetscapes 2015 rate is 1500 for invitation layout =) and 300 for monogram. I dunno if she increased prices na.

But sis she doesn't do calligraphy. It is really more of graphic design/layout design on the invitations. Are you having hand calligraphy wording on your invitation text? Thats what I really wanted sana but it really costs more to do that since it has to be hand drawn, then later digitized. So well, I think I will settle nalang for them using fonts that look like calligraphy instead.

As for calligraphy envelope addressing, I think P10/envelope is the standard these days. I am really hoping that my existing computer printer can print on my envelopes without making a mess, since I wanna avoid paying extra for envelope addressing =(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:38:38 am by Chili1113 »

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2015, 06:31:20 am »
^ i see. I had a friend calligraphy our names and it will be in gold foil. the rest is just in black ink, the way I always wanted it to be. I wanted to calligraphy the guests names though but I don't have the time talaga so it is kind of sad.

Pwede rin iprint un names sa printer in my moms house but I just figured you should make any mistakes. If you make a mistake, saying din un envelope so will just go ahead and let global do the added work. My invite is 58/invite lang but its nothing fancy. no letterpress or super hard paper and most of all, no extra page with chinese characters on them hahahaha

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2015, 06:37:01 am »
papemelroti pwede patingin ng finished invitation mo from Global? Also booked them to do our invites but our wedding is not until May pa naman. Regardless, napaka-clueless ko when it comes to invitations and I don;t know where to start lol. Is Global doing your layout and map as well or iba pa yun? TIA!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2015, 06:45:04 am »
papelmelroti: I am suure your invitations will turn out beautifully!! =) Youre lucky you have a friend who does calligraphy. Si global na ba bahala to make the hand calligraphy into a digital format? If so, sobrang sulit na services ni Global ah! =) =)

Actually I got a really good bridal fair rate for letterpress with Ever Engraving. However I really cannot depend on them to do the layout since their existing designs are really old school, which is OK but very formal and classic. But at the same time I am glad I found someone who can do the layout within my budget. If not, Ill have no choice but to just choose from the existing designs of Ever Engraving.

Ive seen samples of Calligraphy names in gold foil stamping, and the rest in blank ink. It looked very nice! The gold foil really adds texture and dimension to the invitation. =)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:54:04 am by Chili1113 »

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2015, 06:56:50 am »
^^Hi Lourd3ss,

Will get the invites mid-late nov. Will take a photo of the finished output.

I think they have standard layout and will charge you for a customise one. I got my sister to do mine and a friend to calligraphy our names. The only thing that worries me with global is their flat printing sample I saw is not as clear as letterpress but way better compared to others. I saw our best mans invites, booklet style, thick paper with letterpress (6 months lang wedding prep nya) and they were really nice! The price is also nice ;D



^ chili, my friend also took care of transferring her calligraphy to igital format and will be doing a few more calligraphy items for me closer to the date of our wedding. Super blessed with so many people ready to support me in wedding stuff :).

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2015, 11:05:47 am »
papemelroti please do keep me updated or send me a message once you have the finished invitation. I am so clueless with this part of the wedding planning I had to look up what letterpress looks like! *shakes head in shame* LOL
How do you find working with Global btw? I've heard mahirap daw sila i-contact after we booked them at a bridal fair so medyo kabado ako. I'm also hoping to get our invitations started earlier para less stress. I need to give invitations din kasi to my guests here in Canada. TIA!

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2015, 12:55:17 pm »
^ hi sis! feel free to PM me 1 month from now.

I find it easy to connect with Global naman.  you need to give them extra time to print your invitations because there will be days they respond to you asap. sometimes, it takes 1-3 days.

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2015, 03:55:42 pm »
@xsugar
meron akong nabili na navy blue vellum board sa NBS at 23 pesos kaso its parang cartolina sa laki kaya you have to cut it pa manually to size na gusto mo.

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: Invitations (Part 3)
« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2015, 01:58:41 am »
How much is the normal cost for just printing job alone? I haven't inquired to any of the printing companies pero what i'm thinking of doing is asking a friend who is good with drawing, will scan the photo, monogram and have it printed. Meron na bang nagtry sa inyo na nagpaprint lang girls? If you did, how much did it cost and who's your supplier? I'm having second thoughts na kasi. Looks like it will be more affordable if whole invitation package na ata kukunin kay supplier. and one more thing, mas mahal ba talaga pag letter press yung print. TIA  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close