Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154659 times)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #480 on: September 09, 2016, 09:17:20 am »
Hi! Kami our wedding is on Jan 7 pa, but we're done with mock up na last week. Ok na din early para at least if may changes or may gusto ka ipa-add/bawas mapaghandaan lalu na kung very detailed ang decor. May nakapagsabi din kasi sakin na ok na early dahil peak ang BER months at mahirap mag schedule sa suppliers. :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #481 on: September 09, 2016, 09:28:27 am »
^Yan nga din concern ko e, Jan 28 kasi wedding namin, suggest ni coordinator start of January ang mock up. Concern ko lang baka madami nang inaasikaso nun, dadagdag pa yun.. Was thinking maybe November nalang ang mock up.. Just wasn't sure kung ok lang ba yun or masyadong malayo

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #482 on: September 09, 2016, 10:02:26 am »
I suggest sis talk to your stylist na para ma-sched na yung mock up.. Para di din ikaw magahol sa oras or better kung sya ang mag suggest when is the best time to do it. :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #483 on: September 09, 2016, 10:41:23 am »
@ninja8: Not sure if this is the "standard" timeline, but my wedding is in Feb 2017, and my mock-up will be done mid-October (as requested by my OTD coordinator).

I think the earlier, the better? Unless you might change your mind re. motif etc.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #484 on: September 09, 2016, 10:57:47 am »
@kdramaholic Ahh.. Pag tinanong ko kasi si stylist, anytime daw e :)

kdramaholic

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2016, 11:17:28 am »
Wow sis meixin yun naman pala. :) Ang gawin mo na lang i-sched mo siya kung san ka hindi pinaka busy. :) Important kasi na makita mo na yung ichura eh, like sakin may mga pinatanggal at dagdag ako.. Medyo stressful kasi ang small details kaya better to sched it asap na para mabawas na siya sa concerns mo. :)

ninja8

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2016, 11:07:11 pm »
Ohh actually si stylist nagset nun. I guess ill leave it up to him. I just told him our preferred theme. Minimal changes lang naman sguro yung hihingin namen if ever. It was stated in the contract too. Tanungin ko nalang din sa coord

xxtrf

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #487 on: September 14, 2016, 02:35:49 pm »
I'm meeting up with Blooms 2710, Love in Blooms, and Jo Claravall next week. I also messaged Teddy Manuel, Gideon Hermosa, Dave Sandoval, and Zenas Pineda but still waiting for their reply. I have limited budget for event styling, I'm scared to meet them!! Hahaha. My wedding is going to be at Angelfields, can you recommend anyone from Silang- Tagytay area so I won't have to pay the 20% OOT fee? Thank you!! :)

shopaholic

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2016, 10:11:45 pm »
Tita Sonya! I super recommend. She really goes out of her way to make sure you're happy and really tries to figure out a good way to interpret your theme.

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #489 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:19 pm »
I finally booked my church stylist. I booked gary of mindworks. Ok din naman siya kausap and he has almost same rate at amante fluers or mas mura siya but only got oot fee 5k becuase he works mostly in the north where gideon started. Minimal lang naman and to compare mas mura parin siya sa iba kong pinagtanungan. If i intended to upgrade my styling sa reception he can accomodate narin without additional oot fee. Kaso im still waiting for K by c dun sa styling upgrades nila. Ours is minimal lang naman  and the only detailed lang sa tables. Pero backdrops super minimal lang.

Any down points of getting styling from k by c?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:20:41 pm by lots-o »

cc1818

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #490 on: September 20, 2016, 05:12:42 pm »
My coordinator really likes Tita Sonya and I saw his works naman and maganda talaga. I wanted to get him kaso mapapamahal ako sa kanya eh may budget lang ako for Event Styling. :) I read somewhere na his house is full of stuff na pang event styling! So I think kung may theme talaga, kayang kaya niya.

Gary Dacanay - my MOH will get him as her stylist kasi medyo malapit kay Gideon the way he does his works. And my MOH likes Gideon sana, kaso ang mahalya niya! Kukuhanin ko din sana siya if only budget permits. Hahaha!

Ako naman, I opted for Amelia Blossoms kasi pasok sa budget yung mga sinend kong pegs sa kanya for my wedding, I hope she can deliver well sa wedding day :)

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #491 on: September 25, 2016, 10:15:27 pm »
Haaay getting slightly stressed with GT find stylist Contemporary florals cesar Alvarez.
I got a  good quote, well basically i dont demand too much given my limited budget.

Hindi ako mabigyan ng mock sked! 5wks prior the wedding na, had i known sept pa lang nagpa mock
Na ako. My otd kasi 1mo turnover lang so i was thinking 1mo ko sila imeet along with my coord.

Konti nalang magla last minute change ako ng styling.

cc1818

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #492 on: September 26, 2016, 01:27:50 pm »
^OMG sis, bakit daw di ka mabigyan ng appointment for mock up?

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2016, 06:53:27 pm »
Having a hard time to get sked lang bec he said tinapos na raw nya lahat ng detailing last sept:(
But then my otd turnover starts at 30day prior wedding so i was confident i was still fine.

Ngayon medyo busy na raw ang lola.  I wish he could allot a day for this months wedding.
I prefer rin kasi na late mag mock up para no need for me to be fickelminded.

weni*sweetie*

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2016, 10:18:44 pm »
Booked Gideon Hermosa. He's like a fairy godmother in a wedding :)

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #495 on: September 28, 2016, 07:31:16 pm »
I'm having a hard time contacting Jo Claravall, so far only Teddy is very responsive sa mga high end stylist. I am set to meet Flowers Unlimited and done meeting Love in Blooms for mid end stylist. Though mixed reviews si Love in Blooms, I like her works for her rates. Yun nga lang gusto ko naka itemised and so far ang sinend nya sa akin over all amount plus the details. Nakukulangan ako sa pagka imaginative nya, kung ano sinabi ko yun lang talaga. So pinagiisipan ko pa, makulit naman kasi ako.  :) And ayoko na talaga maghigh end. Out of the budget na as we need to look for a condo after the wedding! whooh!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #496 on: September 28, 2016, 07:40:42 pm »
I had a difficult time contacting Jo Claravall also when I was scouting for stylists. I had to name drop my coordinator before she replied to me and set a meeting. =) =)

Tinsflor

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2016, 01:25:42 am »
Though mixed reviews si Love in Blooms, I like her works for her rates. Yun nga lang gusto ko naka itemised and so far ang sinend nya sa akin over all amount plus the details. Nakukulangan ako sa pagka imaginative nya, kung ano sinabi ko yun lang talaga. So pinagiisipan ko pa, makulit naman kasi ako.  :) And ayoko na talaga maghigh end. Out of the budget na as we need to look for a condo after the wedding! whooh!

Hi sis!!  If you recall, I initially booked Love in Blooms to do our church and reception styling but after seeing reviews here on GT, we decided to go with Teddy Manuel to do our reception and retained Love in Blooms for church styling and entourage flowers.  We flew to Manila earlier this month for just 4 days to meet with our suppliers, get my fitting done and finalize our church requirements. We successfully met with all of them except for Jo Pafin.  She kept changing dates and times with us at the last minute and eventually stood us up even though she knew that we will only be in town for a few days.  Because of that incident, I completely lost my trust in her and decided to have Teddy do everything nalang.  To this day, she hasn't contacted me nor our coordinator regarding the church styling and entourage flowers which are the only things we've left her responsible for.  Forget the 20k deposit, we're 3 weeks away nalang from the wedding and I can't deal with uncertainty anymore.  I also want to add na a few months ago, before we booked Teddy, I told her na we're going with the bigger ballroom at our hotel.  She was in Boracay styling a wedding during this time and she wanted me wire her 25k right away without even going through the details with me.  I got so turned off.  I just wanted to warn you beforehand because she appears to be very responsive, nice, and accommodating at first, but she disappointed us in the end.  Additionally, the final price she quoted us because of the change in ballrooms was very very close to Teddy's quote.  Small difference nalang talaga.

As for Teddy naman, I must say that he's one of my favorite suppliers.  Very down to earth, creative and accommodating.  We ran a little late in viewing our mock-up because our food tasting took more time than we expected but he waited for us and did a very nice presentation.  The set-up he showed us was intended for the guest tables lang but maaaaaan.  We were blown away by his use of varying heights and vases for the flowers.  In the end, he had all the flowers sent to our room pa to "prettify" our room.  He makes you feel at ease and comfortable.  When we talked about our ballroom layout, he accommodated all my extra requests at no charge.  He understands our vision. He even said he'll bring his personal armoire/cabinet to properly showcase our favors.

So sorry to add to your confusion in case you booked Love in Blooms na but i felt compelled to let you know what we've experienced so far.  She's not cheap by any means, you're paying her a lot of money, so just make sure you're on top of her and that she's clear about what she's really gonna deliver come wedding day.  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:30:35 am by Tinsflor »

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2016, 09:38:48 am »
^same his sis, i almost booked her but she is so makulit pa when asking if we are going to proceed, buti nalang naturn off ako sa price, She is quoting me around 40k sa church knowing parang not imported flowers pa yun, konti nalng parang naghigh end nako. So i let go of her and booked Gary of Mindworks. Ok naman si gary since we are from both north maayos sya kausap yun lang may oot ako sa manila which is to compare ok parin price and i like his church styling,  if i opt to add on for my reception which im still waiting for K cunanan to answer if its doable he will not charge me anymore of the oot fee. Balak ko pa iadd yung drapes sa kanya.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2016, 02:18:25 pm »
^Nice sis! Gary Dacanay's works are magical! Ang galing nya! So excited for your church styling. Surely it will be grand. ☺️

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close