Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154569 times)

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2016, 02:34:30 pm »
Super mura nya pa sis, but lately he is becoming exposed sa manila, So i guess later on he will increase the price like Gideon, both of them are from my hometown. My friend who had Gideon on her wedding around 2014 ata the rates are 150k for extravagant na, but of course now he has upgraded and mas creative na siya. I should have got married earlier haha! joke! Ayoko talaga magsplurge sa stylist as much as possible.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2016, 09:09:11 pm »
^I checked mindworks FB... very nice nga lotso!! And Gary's work is tasteful even the accessories. What a good find =) =) And my cousin was able to get Gideon for her Dec 2013 wedding and it was only P150k but super lush and extravagant na. =)

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2016, 09:22:18 pm »
^Super ganda ng arrangements nya. And mura pa nga sya compared kina Gideon. Yun nga lang may OOT charge pa pag Manila, kasi Pangasinan based ata sya. Pero if you add, it's way cheaper pa rin than the high range stylists within metro.

summer_princess

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #503 on: September 30, 2016, 01:44:06 am »
Sis how much starting ni mindworks? Thinking of changing last minute my stylist.
1mo to go! Huhu! Checking if afford namin sa mindworks

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #504 on: September 30, 2016, 08:09:11 am »
When I inquired last year, his basic rate is 80k for reception, 22k for church, 8k for entou plus 8k oot fee if outside his province. You can upgrade for his Gold or Platinum package. And there are add-ons also like drapes, which is charged separately.
I really wanted him before pero unfortunately he is already not available on our wedding date. And since we got an upgraded styling from Juan Carlo, we decided not to get a separate event stylist na.

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #505 on: September 30, 2016, 09:32:49 am »
^I checked mindworks FB... very nice nga lotso!! And Gary's work is tasteful even the accessories. What a good find =) =) And my cousin was able to get Gideon for her Dec 2013 wedding and it was only P150k but super lush and extravagant na. =)

Oo nga i was thinking of shifting my wedding to baguio pero nevermind na i will just shoulder the OOT fee.Pero some certain works of him over the top, maybe choice ng couple, ayoko din marami garlands, konti pa siguro.  Im not sure if magkateam ba sila or not, i might dig in to their history on our meet up cause i know they are both from my province and sa province nga meeting namin this november paguwi ko.

Sis how much starting ni mindworks? Thinking of changing last minute my stylist.
1mo to go! Huhu! Checking if afford namin sa mindworks

I only got the church for now nasa 25 na sya for 2017 wedding. Last month  lang ako naginquired.
Pero for his OOT fee nasa 6K binigay nya sakin then for entourange nasa 1200 per flower ata and mine is imported na. Try to check lang kasi medyo full narin schedule nya, to compare from manila suppliers mas mura parin sya.

When I inquired last year, his basic rate is 80k for reception, 22k for church, 8k for entou plus 8k oot fee if outside his province. You can upgrade for his Gold or Platinum package. And there are add-ons also like drapes, which is charged separately.
I really wanted him before pero unfortunately he is already not available on our wedding date. And since we got an upgraded styling from Juan Carlo, we decided not to get a separate event stylist na.

Waiting pa ako kay k cunanan sis kung how much quote nya or if doable yung pegs ko.Pero so far naka stand by naman si Mindworks just incase i want him do the reception too. I have seen him joining gala na with the highend supplier. Maybe sooner he will increase narin. But definitely he is following the footsteps of gideon.



« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:40:53 am by lots-o »

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #506 on: September 30, 2016, 09:45:38 am »
^Actually K by C din ang first choice namin for the catering but they're fully booked na din on our date hehe
Yep, I saw Gary's post and he's styling big events na din within Metro. Kaya you're lucky sis you were able to get him bago pa sya magincrease ng bongga.

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #507 on: September 30, 2016, 11:00:51 am »
^Actually K by C din ang first choice namin for the catering but they're fully booked na din on our date hehe
Yep, I saw Gary's post and he's styling big events na din within Metro. Kaya you're lucky sis you were able to get him bago pa sya magincrease ng bongga.

Sayang naman sis exquisitegem kaya narin kami ng off peak to make sure all of our suppliers are still available. Im sure juan carlo can deliver din naman, sila din kinuha nung friend ko sa wedding nila, i will let you know the result after their wedding.

xxtrf

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #508 on: September 30, 2016, 06:08:30 pm »
I'm having a hard time contacting Jo Claravall, so far only Teddy is very responsive sa mga high end stylist. I am set to meet Flowers Unlimited and done meeting Love in Blooms for mid end stylist. Though mixed reviews si Love in Blooms, I like her works for her rates. Yun nga lang gusto ko naka itemised and so far ang sinend nya sa akin over all amount plus the details. Nakukulangan ako sa pagka imaginative nya, kung ano sinabi ko yun lang talaga. So pinagiisipan ko pa, makulit naman kasi ako.  :) And ayoko na talaga maghigh end. Out of the budget na as we need to look for a condo after the wedding! whooh!

@kaitlynmischa: I'm set to meet Jo Claravall next week, actually was supposed to meet yesterday but we had an emergency meeting in the office. She agreed naman to to reschedule. She replies always naman. You want her contact details? PM me nalang so I can give it to you :) And regarding Love in Blooms, I met with her last wednesday, she was really ncie but I don't think we're on the same page. I'm leaning towards the organic/greenery feels but she kept on showing pegs that are rustic. :( Then she kept on saying that my theme is rustic/shabby chic.  :-\ Sayang talaga 'cause parang she was so easy to talk to, I even asked her if we need to provide an accommodation for her since our wedding is going to be a destination wedding, she said no na di naman daw siya maarte. So plus point yun. Then yung price point nya, the lowest so far basing on the stylists we talked to. She actually offered to set-up a dome tent for us for only 85k. Good deal sana diba? Buuuuut parang mixed ako dito  :-[

On the other hand, we met with Badang Rueda last week too. Yes pinuno ko yung week namin ng meeting sa stylist. Hahaha ;) He was so down to earth!!! He was really nice and ang gaan kausap. We didn't feel any thing like "di kayo celebrities kaya di ko kayo bet" Hahaha. Not at all. He asked me what my budget was and he agreed to it without haggling. He said agad, "we can make it work! Madali naman ako kausap". What's good about it pa was all the pegs that he showed was how I really imagined my wedding to be!

**PLUS POINT: He learned that I went to Mak Tumang din, so he called Mak and asked him to give a discount for the gown that I want. Mak made a deal with him, if we're going to get Badang and get him as my designer, he's going to give 30k worth of discount for the gown that I want! Super steal!!! So for now, I'm set on getting him. He gave me a good package for the my garden ceremony, cocktail area, reception, ceiling treatment for my tent, and entourage. I'm so happy, he said if I book him this year he won't change the price na even if my wedding is on 2018 pa :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:08:33 pm by xxtrf »

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #509 on: September 30, 2016, 11:12:46 pm »
^hi sis, how did you contact badang rueda? Care to share? Thank you :)

tan.denise54

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #510 on: October 01, 2016, 12:10:24 am »
Any feedback on Dave Sandoval please? :)

xxtrf

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #511 on: October 01, 2016, 10:12:31 pm »
^hi sis, how did you contact badang rueda? Care to share? Thank you :)

@maedonnas: I sent him an e-mail muna then he said agad na it's better if I just text him or meet-up with him so we can discuss the details and the rates din. He replies right away to my mail and text messages. PM me so I can send you his number :)

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #512 on: October 10, 2016, 12:41:49 am »
Hi xxtrf same! I asked Ms Jo what she thinks my theme is, sabi nya rustic / shabby chic, eh ayoko nga ng bird cage, or ng mga crystals, or ng wooden ornaments. So I felt na hindi kami aligned masyado though nakuha naman nya what I want for my reception. OMG! Wow Badang is really good too. I will PM you sis. I might let go og Jo na, kasi I decided to get mid range stylist na lang..

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #513 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:54 am »
Hi Sis Tinsflor yeah of course I remember you mentioning Love in blooms as your church florist. Thank God I haven't booked her yet. Medyo skeptical ako, I got turned off din for I feel that she quoted me based on my other suppliers. She kept on asking me kasi kung sino mga suppliers ko. And you are right, almost close to Teddy na rin ang price na binigay nya. Haay, I've been having a hard time looking for a stylist talaga.  ;D But thanks for letting me know!  :)

Sayang yung 20k na DP mo but at least you're worry-free. Grabe few weeks na lang, best of luck sissy! I'm sure it will go well as planned. Hihintayin ko na lang ang SDE mo kay Treehouse. Hihi!  ;)

Hi sis!!  If you recall, I initially booked Love in Blooms to do our church and reception styling but after seeing reviews here on GT, we decided to go with Teddy Manuel to do our reception and retained Love in Blooms for church styling and entourage flowers.  We flew to Manila earlier this month for just 4 days to meet with our suppliers, get my fitting done and finalize our church requirements. We successfully met with all of them except for Jo Pafin.  She kept changing dates and times with us at the last minute and eventually stood us up even though she knew that we will only be in town for a few days.  Because of that incident, I completely lost my trust in her and decided to have Teddy do everything nalang.  To this day, she hasn't contacted me nor our coordinator regarding the church styling and entourage flowers which are the only things we've left her responsible for.  Forget the 20k deposit, we're 3 weeks away nalang from the wedding and I can't deal with uncertainty anymore.  I also want to add na a few months ago, before we booked Teddy, I told her na we're going with the bigger ballroom at our hotel.  She was in Boracay styling a wedding during this time and she wanted me wire her 25k right away without even going through the details with me.  I got so turned off.  I just wanted to warn you beforehand because she appears to be very responsive, nice, and accommodating at first, but she disappointed us in the end.  Additionally, the final price she quoted us because of the change in ballrooms was very very close to Teddy's quote.  Small difference nalang talaga.

As for Teddy naman, I must say that he's one of my favorite suppliers.  Very down to earth, creative and accommodating.  We ran a little late in viewing our mock-up because our food tasting took more time than we expected but he waited for us and did a very nice presentation.  The set-up he showed us was intended for the guest tables lang but maaaaaan.  We were blown away by his use of varying heights and vases for the flowers.  In the end, he had all the flowers sent to our room pa to "prettify" our room.  He makes you feel at ease and comfortable.  When we talked about our ballroom layout, he accommodated all my extra requests at no charge.  He understands our vision. He even said he'll bring his personal armoire/cabinet to properly showcase our favors.

So sorry to add to your confusion in case you booked Love in Blooms na but i felt compelled to let you know what we've experienced so far.  She's not cheap by any means, you're paying her a lot of money, so just make sure you're on top of her and that she's clear about what she's really gonna deliver come wedding day.  :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:12:35 am by kaitlynmischa »

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #514 on: October 11, 2016, 11:20:29 pm »
Nice you booked Gary Dacanay lots-o. When and where is your wedding? It's good you only got that minimal OOT fee. Anyway so he increased his rates na pala? 

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #515 on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:10 am »
^Sis May 2017 is our wedding in Blue Leaf McKinley. I have came across your website when i was looking for reviews of Gary,thanks for the tips as well ( good to have bride bloggers here) , it helped me in a way to counter check prices is within the quote he was giving me luckily its still the same price posted on yours,  still 25K for cermony.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:50:49 pm by lots-o »

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #516 on: October 12, 2016, 12:13:07 pm »
I am having a discussion with Mr Gary Dacanay na rin, I like his works. Thanks for the reco here that I found him :) My coordinator also recommended Tropical Blooms, kasi kaya naman daw maexecute ang pegs ko. I also encountered Events Central by Anna winstel, she's young and VERY AFFORDABLE. She's very professional ha, sometimes okay din yung fresh sa industry.

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #517 on: October 12, 2016, 01:53:49 pm »
I am having a discussion with Mr Gary Dacanay na rin, I like his works. Thanks for the reco here that I found him :) My coordinator also recommended Tropical Blooms, kasi kaya naman daw maexecute ang pegs ko. I also encountered Events Central by Anna winstel, she's young and VERY AFFORDABLE. She's very professional ha, sometimes okay din yung fresh sa industry.

Oo mas ok nga yung mga fresh, bukod sa fresh ideas mura pa sila now. Good luck to you sis hope you find your the stylist that will suits you.

kaitlynmischa

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #518 on: October 12, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »
Thanks sis lots-o very challenging talaga ang stylist for me! Nalampasan ko na ata halos lahat ng supplier except this. Mid range budget lang kasi ako, I decided na wag na mag high end stylist kaya medyo hirap! Hehe! :D But yeah, ganda ng works pero hindi malaki magpatong yung mga bago.

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #519 on: October 12, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »
Ako din yan ata ko last ko nabook stylist, pero im still waitingdin from kbyc last 3 weeks im waiting, no quote yet for my pegs. Take your time kasi medyo malaki din deposit na nirerequire ng mga florist ngaun.
As long as hindi hot date yung sau or better make a back up plan. Basta ilabas mo na lahat ng pegs mo so you can haggle or negotiate for the best price and pagnabook mo na yan let go mo na and stick to it.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close