Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154949 times)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2015, 02:33:57 pm »
thanks sparkling jewel and chili1113! im trying to google their basic set ups and from the few ive seen, simple but elegant naman. parang a couple of plant boxes and 1 props like lantern or mirror. if ever, baka vip table and back drop na lang ipaupgrade ko.

miah

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2015, 09:04:34 pm »
hi,



try checking events central by anna winstel sa fb page ok din mga setup niya =)

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »
Hi ask ko lang gaano kayo kadetailed sa stylist nyo? I got my stylist na kasi kaso i have no idea how yung detailing before the mock up? Did you show photos lang ba?

thanks.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2015, 05:33:43 pm »
^Depends on your stylist sis. But I know most stylists, go straight to mock-up already about a month before the wedding na walang mood board or pegs.

But if you're medyo OC and want to make sure your stylist gets the type of arrangements you like, it is best to make a mood board with all your pegs. As in make it as detailed as possible including colors, and type of flowers, and the vases and accessories if you're picky about that. =)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:35:57 pm by Chili1113 »

mrsdeezon

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2016, 03:44:02 pm »
mga sis, is anyone familiar with Lauren Jessika events?
i found her profile sa IG. sobrang OK sya kausap and I want to avail of her services na.
kaso puro teaser photos lang yung uploads nya sa fb at ig. wala akong nakitang comments man lang ng real brides.
wala rin ako makitang reviews online.
since di ko pa sya nameimeet may apprehensions ako about sending DPs
it will really help kung may makakapag attest man lang na totoong event stylist tong kausap ko at hindi scam. hehe
salamt ng marami sissies and happy preps! OMG 4 months na lang ako to D day!

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2016, 01:50:55 pm »
thanks sis Chili gumawa nalng ako ng mood board for her to follow and flowers to use lang. We will be having our mock up sa feb 10 for round and long table. So excited on it. Medyo mabilis lang kasi alam ko naman na yung gusto kong pegs and i adjusted based kung ano yung kaya nila.Yung backdrop nalang iniisip ko. Ano ba mas ok yung may backdrop pa for couples area or LED wall lang.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2016, 01:57:41 pm »
^youre welcome sis!! For me, I didn't do a backdrop anymore. I am just using my LED wall. Then the stylist will frame it with flowers. But it is really up to you =) Ive seen some weddings wherein they have a couples area aside from the LED wall. Kami kasi, we wont have a couples area, since we will be going table to table for pictures. For speeches, we just want to sit on regular chairs beside or cake or VIP table-- hehe we're shy to sit on a staged couple's area.

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2016, 02:16:57 pm »
i have some feedbacks kasi na nagkakaproblema photo team with having ledwall as background of couple during dance naooverpower daw or nashadowan lang sya. I think i need to talk to our photo team. Ako ayoko narin. I like your idea na umikot and socialize with the guest kasi may interaction rather than them going to us for the pictorials some of them minsan tamad na or pagod na. Si hubby lang may gusto wala naman kami maiisip na backdrop na maganda. hehe we talked to our stylist about it ayoko lang yung suggestion nila they gave us like 3 samples. Pero di naman ako naniniwala dun sa porket mid range or hindi highend na suppliers di na kaya ipull off meron din ako nakikita na highend pero mas napaganda pa sana yung styling. Talagang matinding collaboration lang kelangan. Yung iba overpower naman styling.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:18:34 pm by lots-o »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2016, 02:33:26 pm »
^nakakapagod lang mag table to table -the old fashioned way of doing pictorials. But we like it para maiba yung background for every table we take a picture with.

Hehe me kasi if Ill do a backdrop I want it super bongga to death. HAHA  and since that is going to be super expensive, wag nalang!!! Haha LED wall nalang ako para functional din for the videos.


hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2016, 02:48:15 pm »
Hi sis Chili1113! ok lang ba mahingi yung email/facebook/website ng LED Wall supplier mo? plan ko kumuha ng LED Wall as backdrop, ok din sya pra di na mag po-projector.

lots-o - sis nag inquire ako agad sa Photographer ko kung ano feedback nya sa LED Wall. pero tama ka ang alam ko masyado ngang maliwanag yun.

For drapings, can anyone refer yung pinaka murang ceiling drapings? Full sana eh. ang mamahal kasi ng nakikita ko. 25k ba is mura na?

As for styling, ok lang ba na sa caterer na to lahat? Hizons is offering me an upgraded thematic styling na daw. Osio's catering is also thematic styling na daw. Ok na ba yung ganun? or getting a stylist separately ba mas magand yung kakalabasan?

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »
Talaga?! Naku having the idea of like karen tran ba yan?! i saw some thai weddings ang bongga talaga overpowering ang mga bulaklak. Parang garden na tinubuan ng venue pala. Kaya wala din ako maisip ang dami ko naiisip. I dont know how a small venue would look like so bongga without having your guest know you spent a lot. Medyo discreet kasi kami second wedding na kasi namin ito.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2016, 02:53:34 pm »
hermione28: For LED wall the most common supplier is Metrotech. =) But for me I got mine from 5th Element, my lights and sounds supplier since same price lang as Metrotech. I got them so that I only have 1 supplier for everything.

lots-o: Nako I don't think Ill be ever able to afford Karen Tran level of styling. Grabe her flowers!! Whaaaa I have a weakness for flowers talaga. Sooo difficult because they are really so so expensive. That's why no more couple's backdrop or flowerwall photobooth.  I really hope my styling turns of well or else I will be heartbroken! =)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 03:28:50 pm by Chili1113 »

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »
Sis hermione28it really depends on your theme or style.  I would suggest get a quote for the add ons and compare it with some not so expensive stylist baka konti lang idadagdag or baka mas makatipid ka pa. There are some feedback styling from caterers like hizon na medyo standard to all ang styling nila it really depends on your theme or if ok na sayo yung ganun styling nila. Yung venue nyo ba need pa ba ayusan or minimal styling lang.

Sis Chili we are the same kaso i think with the trend now less is more. Keeping it simple and classic nalang. Just like your stylist. Mine workable naman just need further instruction lang. Hands on talaga ako sa kanila.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:50 pm »
 Chili1113 - thanks sis. I'll contact 5th element. or if you have time to refer me pls? or send the rate hehe. mselainevinas@yahoo.com thank you! if not ok lang ha?

lots-o - Flowers na tinubuan ng venue!!! wow! haha.

I think my venue needs more styling. Thank you, tama ka, baka catering kasi standard na yung styling nila. baka di ma achieve at magmukhang cheap yung Fall ko na theme.

Hayy, dito sa part na talaga ko hirap na hirap even on my sistet's wedding nung ako ang nag asikaso, di ko talaga alam gagawin dito, I ended up upgrading ng konti sa caterter. Maganda naman pero bitin.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2016, 03:56:32 pm »
hermione28: my package with them is with lights and sounds na eh--- walang breakdown. But when I asked them 20k daw the LED wall---discounted to 18k pag napakiusapan hehe. I will email you sis the quotation!

lots-o: I love my stylist but parang I am having 2nd thoughts with the more minimalist style (which is his style) which I thought I originally wanted.

My cousin kasi who paid the same amount to Jo Claravall had a super duper lush wedding setup--- and people were amazed as they walked in. This was her setup
https://www.instagram.com/p/_XBqcftj2c/?taken-by=joclaravall

So I have been debating within myself whether I should call my stylist and ask for a super lush option VS what we originally decided on which is something like this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/0C6LwLrvQ_/?taken-by=robblancaflor

I am so torn hahaha!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:00:02 pm by Chili1113 »

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2016, 04:12:13 pm »
Sis hermione28 try mo nalng magpaquote muna. Oo karen tran is known for that pero its really elegant!
I like the jo  Claravall  sis chili we have same theme  all white flowers lang for the venue I wont make it hard for scenta but i hope she wont use cheap looking flowers but for white di naman halata and some candles to light the mood. Sabi ko i dont like yung super tall vases and arrangement gusto ko naman magusap yung mga nasa table. I think we have same colors sa venue ng cousin mo. Mine will be black and gold and white pero di gatsby look. Maybe you can give robert some instruction i think minimal lang naman yung kay jo its just that round lang table na he added more things for it not to look bare.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:14 pm »
lots-o: You know what Scenta can really pull off something like that. The Jo only used 1 kind of orchid for the regular tables, and that orchid type can be easily found everywhere. Only the VIP tables had several strands of phalaenopsis orchids which are imported and more difficult to find. The emphasis was just on quantity. The arrangements were huge!

Thanks so much for your input! I really appreciate it. I will try to think of a way to ask the stylist what other options they have for me BUT given the same price range.

With regard to the height of the arrangements: Either you have very low or very tall centerpieces. It is the mid-height ones that really block the view of the guests. =) =)

ANG GANDA ng gold, black and white theme!! I WISH WISH I could do that. But since it is a summer wedding baka di bagay for me. Actually I left it all up to the stylist to choose the colors of the flowers haha--he  suggested lilac, lavander, mauve, green with touches of pink.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:31:18 pm by Chili1113 »

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2016, 04:33:39 pm »
Chili1113 - thanks sis!

makikisagot na din, mas maganda for me yung 1st picture.

gusto ko yung tall vases!! kahit wag na sila magusap, hehe. yung katabi nalang nila kausapin nila. chos!

Up ko yung question ko sa drapings baka lang may maka sagot.

For drapings, can anyone refer yung pinaka murang ceiling drapings? Full sana eh. ang mamahal kasi ng nakikita ko. 25k ba is mura na?

lots-o

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »
Sis hermione28 haha natawa ako sa comment mo! Hindi ko masagot tanong mo kasi nakapackage na sya sa stylist ko si scenta pla siya you may want to consider pero i never saw them having fall theme. tignan ko yung quote mamaya kung may breakdown.

Sis Chili i dont have vip tables lahat naka VIP all long tables meron lang ata ako 4 round pero depende pa yun sa number of guest.May binigay ako peg kay scenta lets see for their comment. Summer nga rin ako kaso yun gusto ni hubby na color. Even ento clothes will be black and white. Medyo off talaga ako sa venue and church kaya gagawin nalng namin classic look. If this will be the theme from the start i should have chosen st benedict church instead of COTH.   

Kung nakokontian ka sa flowers go for candles and add some nice runners. For us our table will be black so we add accent of candles and white flowers lang my runner will be black and white. Kaya last time i ask you kung gaana kadetailed dapat sa supplier. Parang ako nalng nagbigay ng peg execute nalng nila pero if they have nice suggestion why not.

 

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »
hermione28: Saan venue mo? Depends sa size ng venue yung price ng full ceiling drapes =)

lots-o: Go for it sis!! I love black, gold, and white themes! I just don't have the guts to do it in summer. But I'm also a very boring and traditional bride and I wish I had more guts to make bold style statements! LOL
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:54:07 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close