watch now

Author Topic: Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)  (Read 21288 times)

jelly_ace

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 04:59:07 pm »
Thanks sa mga info sis bagaholic_chewy and sis Queen Chokolah. Bigla tuloy ako napa google ng hip dysplasia.

OMG. Katakot stories nyo about babies falling. I'm a praning mom and this was the reason why I didn't want to use a baby carrier kasi naeenvision ko siya. Pramis.

But hubby convinced me cause I really need it. Wala kami yaya and I do everything. Taking care of the baby and house chores.

The reason why we got the picolo aside from its cheap (yes it was on sale 50% off) is it has to be something that both of us can use. Ayaw ni hubby ng tali-tali kasi di raw bagay sa kanya. And ayaw ko rin kasi nga I'm paranoid.
Second, aside from the buckles, meron din Velcro. So ayun na convince naman ako.

But everytime I use it and look at the mirror feel ko discomfort ni baby as if ako yung nasa carrier. LOL. Kaya I use it only for a few minutes. Max na ang 1 hour. I use when I need to make a quick run to the palengke/grocery or if I need to prepare my food and ayaw mag palapag. So far very useful siya. Hindi na ko nalilipasan ng gutom. If we need to go out and matagal tagal din ang lakad we use the stroller naman

mondimonds

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 07:06:48 pm »
I can swear by Ergo Baby.  Isa sa mga baby items that I splurged on pero super nasulit naman.  Imagine travelling back to Manila alone with a 5 y.o and a 6 month old baby...Ergo Baby carrier ang savior namin! My hubby is also a babywearing daddy and he had no qualms using it kasi unisex naman ang colour and design. Si baby din before everytime aalis and he sees me strapping the Ergo on, excited na agad sumakay sa loob.  :)
My baby is now 2, and I'm currently pregnant with my third and will definitely use our Ergo Baby carrier again.  :) 

RAC

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 01:16:03 am »
pareho ba ng concept ang k'tan at SaYa? bakit mahal ang k'tan?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 01:46:04 am »
^ SaYa is local, KTan is imported. Same concept. They're both considered "hybrids".

rjroya

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »
my baby is 3 1/2 months and is 8.1 kilos - She's a big girl. My mom looks after her when Im at work so I need to buy her a baby carrier, as much as baby wearing is appealing, yung mom ko, too old na for that, baka maihulog [textspeak!] si baby. So im asking opinions for which brand is very good. My options are Aprica, Chicco and Piccolo.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2015, 05:30:04 pm »
^ sa pagkakaalam ko, Aprica and Chicco are good carrier brands. However, not all their styles/types of carriers are recommended/ergonomic. Narrow-based carriers are NOT recommended (both brands have NBCs), so just choose their non-NBC carriers...

As for Piccolo, afaik their ssc is not recommended kasi narrow-base, naka-dangle ang legs ni baby, kaya no. Yung mei tai nila is ok because affordable din and kaya ang "m" position ng bum and legs ni baby. However, the weight limit for their mei tai is beleived to be only 12LBS. So that's for small babies lang talaga.

Queen Chokolah

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »
The piccolo 12lbs thing is actually never clarified. So let's assume it's true. And your mother may find tali2 (mei tai) inconvenient. Best option for you would be SSCs. Aprica and chicco are both trusted brands, passed the international safety standard, but most of their designs are not ergonomic. they don't create the optimal M position. Pero I have seen newer designs of aprica which are ergonomic. Pero I think mas mahal din sya. I'd suggest ergo instead. Just make sure na original. pero konti na lang pwede na sa tula, you can use tula kase for longer kasi wider ang panels nya, di mabilis kalalakihan ni baby. sorry sis wala naman sa option mo but you might wanna consider. I cant vouch for aprica, even with the newer ergonomic design, kasi onti pa lang meron nito. Ang tula tested and proven ko na, as well as ergo by other moms. SSCs are good investment. You can use it up to 3 or 4 yrs old na sya, and with your next baby pa. Pricey rin naman ang aprica and chicco kahit NBC nila.

Besides, I have NBC before so I can compare. When using NBC, hindi comfortable sa baby at sa wearer. ramdam mo pa rin ang bigat ng baby. After a while, masakit na sa likod at balikat. With the ergonomic designs, almost weightless si baby kasi distributed talaga ang weight, plus, baby's comfortable. when we go out, I wear lo in our tula most of the time. And it would take at least 3 hours of continuous usage (standing/walking)bago ko maramdaman ang weight nya. He's 8kls by the way.

LGV

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2015, 12:24:49 am »
We're thinking of buying a carrier din. Backread muna ako. :)

sweetarwen07

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2015, 01:08:12 pm »
bakit ganun.  sabi nila nakaka sakang daw ng legs yung carrier.

naguluhan tuloy ako lalo kung ano piliin ko :(

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »
^ sis, nasa genes or inborn naman yata ang pagiging sakang, hehe. And according to my pedia, it's normal for small/young babies to look kinda sakang kasi syempre di pa nila fully nasestretch legs nila. This improves over time, whether or not naka-carrier ang baby.

With the use of proper carriers, hindi naman napo-force ang bones ni baby. In fact, it promotes optimal positioning, which in turn supports the proper development of baby's bones and spine..

You may join Babywearing Philippines closed group on FB, you may find your questions answered there sa pinned posts. And there are a lot of discussions on proper carriers, recommended carries, myths on babywearing, etc.

sweetarwen07

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 02:42:44 pm »
^ thanks sis!  joined the group na.  dami ko questions din, backread din muna ako. :)

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2015, 04:28:39 am »
Hello mommas! :)

Just wanted to share na super happy ako sa ring sling ko ngayon. Dati kasi almost nag give up na ako, at hirap na hirap ako ayusin yung pagka "thread" nung tela. Ilang attempt ko rin sya binenta (fortunately, no one bought it, kasi sya ang BFF ko ngayon), I even bought another sling (yung suppori na di na kailangan ng tali-tali - and sana pala di ko nalang binili yun kasi may kamahalan din sya).
So last month, wala akong ginawa kundi mag watch ng video, and i can say na super expert na ako sa pag carry kay baby using my ring sling from Next9.

Teething na kasi yung 9 month old baby girl ko kaya super cranky nya. Whenever ilapag ko sya sa bed after cradling her, iiyak sya. as in super clingy nya. ang hirap patulugin. but the moment i put her in the sling, wala pang 5 minutes, tulog sya agad. di rin sya fussy and mahaba na ang tulog nya. what i do is habang siesta sya, nakaupo ako while naka sandal. di ko talaga sya tinatanggal, kasi gusto ko rin magkalapit kami.

Wala lang nashare ko lang :)  I'm just glad that i sticked with my ring sling.

Siguro pag naka budget na ako, try ko naman yung mga SSC na carriers.

rjroya

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2015, 06:17:52 pm »
Thank you for your inputs. Ill check Tula and Ergo.

hakunamatata

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2015, 10:57:10 am »
any reviews about Moby Go Carrier?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2015, 11:31:26 am »
I've heard good feedback on Moby wraps and SSCs. Though i have not personally used them. It provides for optimal positioning ng legs into M position, etc. And padded straps din for more comfort sa wearer.

baby_peanut

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2015, 08:49:03 am »
mga sis ano mairerekomend nyo na carrier for lolas? yung madali lang isuot at gamitin. I have mei tai kaso ayaw ko ipagamit kay mil kasi maraming tali tali e may pagka chubby yun baka mahirapan plus big baby kasi lo ko. tia!

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2015, 09:26:53 am »
IMO, SSCs like Ergo, Tula, etc ang pinakamadali kasi buckle and tighten na lang. Although carriers kasi e matter of personal preference talaga. Some Lolas find the ring slings or wraps easier. I suggest you let her try diff carriers to know kung ano feel nya 

baby_peanut

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2015, 09:41:58 am »
Thanks sis, im planning to buy RS kasi ayun medyo mura and i think magugustuhan ni mil gamitin. naaawa kasi ako sa kanya kapag lagi niyang karga si lo, masakit na daw likod niya.

-munchkins12-

  • Guest
Re: Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2015, 11:56:50 am »
I am a Ktan breeze user. Size XS. Super ok samin ni LO. We started at 4 months turning 7 months na this May. Super ok siya for beginner and easy to use. Excited na ako magkaroon ng woven wrap nililigawan ko pa si hubby. Am eyeing for a bahaghari wrap, ok naman ba siya?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baby carriers/slings/pouches (Thread 2)
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2015, 12:45:16 pm »
^ wraps are ok din. I have Izzy Breezy naman. Though sa bahay ko lang nagagamit kasi feeling ko ang hassle pag sa labas kasi mahaba masyado.

For some reason di talaga kami magkasundo ni Ktan kahit ilang beses ko sinubukan. Sa SaYa naman first time ko ok agad kami.

Kanya-kanyang hiyangan din talaga ang carriers. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close