Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)  (Read 55878 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #480 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:45 pm »
Thats what I was thinking of also belle_v2g that one of the angono videographers will sub if ever and no prob. Only thing is what if he just sends his senior crew to take over? Hmmm Im medyo wary and cautious after what happened with previous videographer. But I suppose here is where supplier trust comes in. Because even if I was so strict and detailed in revising the contract with previous videographer, nakalusot pa din and they found a way to double book me even if they assured me they wouldnt. I am much more confident with ghe though.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:32:43 pm by Chili1113 »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #481 on: May 28, 2015, 12:37:23 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your photographer issues Caleeice! Oh my gosh, what a tough choice to make. Did you ask your photographer who they plan to send as a substitute in the event they cannot shoot? So with the new photographer you are considering you have to add 100k just to get the albums and all that?

This got me thinking. It says in my contract with Ghe Consolation that should he not be able to shoot, he will provide an equally qualified and skilled videographer to take over. But there is no indication of an option to terminate the agreement and ask for a refund. Did any Ghe brides here revise their contracts before signing?

I haven't talked to him or his assistant yet. It was fiancé who talked to his administrative assistant earlier because I was already panicking. Haha! I will try to call him up tom to clarify who will sub just in case. But his assistant told us that he'll most likely be at our wedding. Worst case scenario is that he won't shoot, but he'll be supervising his team. But I think this is unfair on our part since we paid 6 digits for him and it won't be sulit if he won't shoot. Then I consulted my doctor friend. She said recuperation period for the treatment he underwent is fast, but there are risks of course. Baka mag-bleed, etc. And I'm scared just thinking about it.

The "new" one I'm eyeing is a top caliber photographer as well. Nanghihinayang lang ako sa albums with my current one. We're getting 5 albums (3 for us and 2 for parents); whereas for almost the same price I will only get 1 from the new one. Then +100k for other albums, canvass print and prenup, but I don't need prenup anymore so I won't need the +100k package.

I'm sorry I'm so makulit, but I can't move on from this just yet. I can't stop worrying and thinking about it. Sobrang hindi ako mapakali. I'm thinking of canceling agreement with the current to give me peace of mind, but super dyahe lang talaga. I've already paid 6 digits (75% of the total contract) with current one, so I'm also considering refund process.

I agree with the supplier trust chili. But... these things happen even if you think you got some of the best in the industry. Ganito pala talaga. You'll never know what to expect. So I'm now bracing myself to accept and to try my best to be cool when problems arise on the wedding day or days closer to the wedding.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:35:47 am by caleeice »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #482 on: May 28, 2015, 12:58:56 am »
Oh no sis caleeice! I hope this will be sorted out soon. If i were in your shoes i'd feel the same. i'm sure whatever you decide on, your wedding will be super beautiful coz i know how much you've planned and how much thought you've put on the details. ☺ breathe and relax as much as possible!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #483 on: May 28, 2015, 02:00:08 am »
sis caleeice, if i was in your situation, i'd switch to a new photographer right away. i can't take any chances with wedding photos, and sobrang big risk if we'll just leave it to the chance that he "might" get better or he'll "most likely" be available before the wedding. even if his team is good, if its not him taking the photos, malaking difference sa quality yun for the same price that you paid. ang mangyayare niyan kakabahan ka for the next two weeks until your wedding day. good thing your alternative is still available. will you get a refund in case you cancel your current contract? if your alternative is still too expensive, maybe you can try a different photographer within your price range. im sure there are lots of them out there. i feel bad that you had to go through with this so close to your wedding day. hope you get it sorted out soon. and wala ka ng maging ibang problem, good luck sis!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #484 on: May 28, 2015, 02:22:44 am »
caleeice!! Hugs to you sis. Nako what a difficult decision to make =( Hmmmm I think that perhaps in this case you should give yourself some time to think things over and go with whatever will make you feel the most comfortable on your big day. If you feel more comfy hiring the newer more expensive photographer, then maybe it is better to go do that. Never mind na the extra parent albums and other things that come with the package. Because later on you can even order canvas prints and more albums even years from now. Whats important is that you have good raw photos in your archive.

At the same time, if you are confident with the skills of your current photographer's team, and given that he will be there to supervise, then maybe you can keep them.

I hope you sort things out soon caleeice!! Good luck!

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #485 on: May 28, 2015, 02:51:09 am »
Thats what I was thinking of also belle_v2g that one of the angono videographers will sub if ever and no prob. Only thing is what if he just sends his senior crew to take over? Hmmm Im medyo wary and cautious after what happened with previous videographer.

sis chili i asked Ghe about this when we met him. Sabi nya, hindi pa raw yun nangyayari pero if ever, ibibigay nya nga sa iba na alam nya same quality. i'm not worried kasi he's friends with the Nicolas clan/Angono boys and i'm certain that he knows what he's doing.

And yes, pinabago ko contract I told him to indicate that he will be there throughout the wedding and that he will only accept 1 booking on our wedding. They sent me naman agad a contract highlighting exactly that. Hehe :D

120515

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #486 on: May 28, 2015, 08:41:42 am »
hi caleeice, first of all - hugs! you'll get through this!
regarding your dilemma, i think, for your own peace of mind and for your current photographer's recovery from illness, that you should talk to him about who his replacement could be if he isn't able to shoot your wedding himself. explain to him that you expect a lead photographer on your wedding day and not just someone who will direct his assistants to shoot for him because the output is really not the same. also, check whether he can get your second choice photographer as his replacement, i'm not sure about this but if they arr  buddies then it might be eqsier that he will just replace your current photographer (service only) and keep all the inclusions with your current photographer with regards to albums.
also, remind him that his health is of utmost importance as well and you don't want him to have a relapse just because of your wedding if he forces himself to work too soon.
we really can't predict these things and i'm sorry you have to deal with something so big so close to your wedding.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #487 on: May 28, 2015, 09:15:06 am »
Hope everything works out caleeice. In addition to asking who the substitute (I'm assuming he will provide a senior!) photographer will be, ask if you can also see a copy of his/her work so you can assess if it's okay for you. You can also request for the same with the rest of the team. If you find that the shots aren't good or to your liking, go get the top caliber photographer na for peace of mind. At least you know that your photos will turn out well. :)

Update us!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #488 on: May 28, 2015, 10:25:19 am »
Thanks Juwie for the tip! I will ask Ghe and Aysa if they can revise our signed contract, for our peace of mind lang, although I trust them more than the previous videographer.

Caleeice, good luck sis I hope you will able to sort this all out!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #489 on: May 29, 2015, 05:49:34 am »
Thank you ladies for sharing your thoughts!!! I have taken each one into consideration. So I really appreciate all of them!!! :)

I'm happy that my fiancé has been very calm and supportive. Also grateful to have a supportive family and soon to be in-laws. They have been telling me not to worry especially about the payment for the new photographer just in case we cancel and we don't get a refund right away.

We're discussing our options and we'll be finalizing them soon. I will post updates! Wish us luck hehe. Almost one week to go na lang!!! :o

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #490 on: May 30, 2015, 07:46:26 pm »
hi sis Maxim04! h2b went through a similar incident. its quite a long story... basta ang ending is nag adult baptism siya. medyo maraming process but he was able to finish it in less than 2 months. requirements are not the same sa lahat ng church, but it starts at the church in your place of residence where you intend to get baptized. if you're gonna push through with this, better inquire with them first para alam mo yung magiging process. they can also advise you kung ano yung best option for you.

OMG ito sis two months?! Ang hassle. 😔 kala namin ok na ang baptismal kasi meron akong photocopy nun, and we have to get the "marriage purposes only" lang na copy. but nung inaask na ng tita ko yung registry, ayun, wala ako sa listahan ng bini yagan that year.  Overseas bride pa ako. Hindi din sia maasikaso ng mom ko kasi busy siya sa work. Sabi ko nalang kay h2b kawalaan eh wag na kami mag church wedding. Solo kid kasi ako nobody will arrange for me those stuffs. Wala din naman nagvolunteer.  :( hassle kasi mag affidavit eh. Instead of paying for the affidavit eh ibayad nalang namin for adult baptism and donate sa church...

Sis caleeice hugs! Kaka upset nga iyan. Hopefully he will recover soonest. Major pa man din ang pictures..  :(

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #491 on: June 06, 2015, 10:28:30 pm »
Hay, naku. Can I just let off some steam? I just terminated our job order for invitations. Kainis lang talaga, right from the start ang dami nang problema. Their initial design was really ugly - but that was mostly my fault. I added an element and they didn't really know how to deal with it. Pero kasi, the way they tried to solve the issue was such an epic fail it made me cry! I ended up getting so mad that I made a completely new design in 2 hours and sent it to them to render on Photoshop. 2nd issue - when they rendered it on Photoshop, iba yung itsura ng font. Naayos naman nila, pero ang daming small details like being consistent with the capital letters. 3rd issue - di mabasa yung text on one page because of the background artwork. And everything started going downhill from there. Kahit na slang beset nilang palitan yung font colour, it still looked exactly the same. To the point where I already had to specify the Pantone colour to use. Iba pa rin ang kinalabasan! I showed them a screen capture from my laptop so they can see the difference. They fixed it naman. But when they sent a printed mock up, iba na naman ang kulay ng font dun sa problematic page! I couldn't understand why the other pages were okay, pero dun sa isa ibang-iba. They said problema daw sa screen, problema din daw sa printer because it actually comes out darker. E bakit yung ibang pages okay naman? And my invitations are so simple! Ako na nga gumawa ng design e. Sana they just took a screen capture of my work and just printed it out! Honestly, my design was so simple I could have done it myself except I didn't want the hassle of DIYing the invites (I already went through hell doing that for my sister). But this is all so stressful given that I did the design and all they did was render it on Photoshop and fiddle with the font colour, tapos babayaran ko sila? Haaaayyy. Anyway, they were willing naman to refund our deposit. Kainis lang kasi if I had known na ganito rin ang kalalabasan, I really could have finished all the invitations weeks ago nung bakasyon pa ako and I had all the time in the world.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #492 on: June 07, 2015, 11:00:27 am »
big hug, LingMVL!

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #493 on: June 07, 2015, 01:25:32 pm »
^Thanks 120515! Mukhang I'll be DIYing na nga my invitations. Haaaist. Hassle. But at least I've already done it before, and now I already have my design. All for the love  ;)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #494 on: June 07, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »
How do you tell your bridesmaids that you want their gown to be different than yours? I let them choose their own styles kasi. Yung dalawa, yung style na napili nila kagaya ng gown type ko (semi serpentine). Di ko naman inexpect na ganun din gusto nila when I said they can choose their own style, akala ko yung style lang sa top and understood na bagsak lang yung sa baba. Nahihiya lang ako medyo kasi hati kami sa payment ng gown.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #495 on: June 07, 2015, 05:06:15 pm »
^Oh no!! Bridesmaids should never have similar style of gown to the bride! No-no talaga yan and even designers know it! Maybe you can discreetly ask your designer to influence the bridesmaids to choose other styles para hindi similar sayo yung gown. Kasi thats what the ones i've talked to did, they asked me muna ano design ng gown ko to make sure the sketches will be different. Also, baka dapat rather than giving them the full authority to dictate their gown, nagbigay nalang ng sketches si designer to choose from that way you can control the styles... hope this helps!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #496 on: June 07, 2015, 05:31:29 pm »
How do you tell your bridesmaids that you want their gown to be different than yours?

juwie, I also had a similar case except that some of my BMs wanted a style that wasn't cohesive with the rest of my entourage. I simply told them nicely that I was going for a certain look but they were free to choose the neckline. :) Ginamit ko rin yung designer ko as an excuse and she backed me up naman, hehe. Your girlfriends will understand.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #497 on: June 08, 2015, 10:13:50 am »
Thanks sisses sparklingjewel and reese, actually nagtaka din yung designer why may ganung styles sa bridesmaids ko when serpentine na yung gown ko. My mom, fiance and SIL insisted na I have their sketches changed asap! Nasabi ko na dun sa isang bridesmaid friend ko, medyo pinilit nya nung una na sana may masikip pa rin na part sa baba ng gown nya. I told her kapag ganun gown nya sa kanya lang yung kakaiba and I want sana na kahit papano medyo uniform ang bridesmaids ko. Plus I also told her na it was the designer who advised na wag sila mag ganon. And the reply I got from her was "Ok". Nainis ako.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #498 on: June 08, 2015, 10:36:34 am »
Awww sis juwie.. time to share darlene's post regarding bridesmaids and secondary sponsors. They're there to help the bride not to give additional headache. Ang toxic na nga ng wedding preps tapos pati sila makikisabay pa.. :(

seriously sis, pakisabi sa bridesmaids hindi sila napapansin sa wedding.. the guests will focus sa couple "all the time". Unless otherwise they went there para mag inspection lang at kilatisin kung ano ang suot ng isat isa at kung magkano nagastos for that..

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #499 on: June 08, 2015, 10:52:02 am »
I agree sis belle, kahit gano ka pa kaganda sa wedding ng friend mo, basta hindi ikaw yung couple, walang majorly papansin sayo i noticed that too on the weddings I've attended. Nagreply na lang ako ng maayos sa OK nya and told her I want to stand out on my own wedding and sana maintindihan nya.

...plus I just messaged their designer and had their sketches re-designed. Hahaha!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close