Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)  (Read 55934 times)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #460 on: May 25, 2015, 02:59:54 pm »
Muntik na rin kami umabot sa ganyang point. Nagcheck na nga rin kami airline tickets and ano mga kelangan gawin para magpakasal na lang kami abroad para wala na wedding preps stress pero we had a heart-to-heart talk and we both decided na ituloy na lang ang 2 weddings. Wag ko na lang daw isipin na meron kami isang wedding and magfocus ako dun sa gusto ko talagang wedding. For unwanted guests, meron extra space sa venue dun ko sila ipapalagay. I will tell receptionist na pag wala sa guestlist and seating arrangement dun sila sa terrace. Bahala sila.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #461 on: May 25, 2015, 05:50:29 pm »
Hay nako i am not open to having two or more weddings simply because mapapamahal din sa mga photo coverage and venue rental esp in my case when my first venue is already expensive.. but lucky for you kasi you can achieve your dream wedding in at least one of them. Ako, ipipilit ko na sya in my one and only wedding. Haha the idea of elopement is still on my mind but for now i will give fiance a chance to fix his side of the guestlist because he said he will. Magkakaalaman nalang next week. I shall update you guys :) Here's to 200 guests (from 345 invitees right now haha)! I seriously hope the slight out of town factor of my wedding is enough to discourage those who dont really care about us to even come. Hehe.

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #462 on: May 25, 2015, 06:02:41 pm »
^parents ni h2b sasagot nung isang wedding since sila naman may request nun. Sila na rin nag-asikaso. Though meron din kami siyempre gastos kasi yun flight namin, hotel accommodation ng family ko, etc. Pero eto na talaga yun pinaka compromise. Dami ko rin niluha dito sa 2 weddings issue na ito.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #463 on: May 25, 2015, 07:03:01 pm »
Awww hugs to you sis sparklingjewel.. I know how you feel.... Ngayon hindi na ako mashado kinukulit ni MIL kasi laging nakaturnoff yung FB chat ko, kaya si mama ko naman ang kinukulit nya  :)  Sabi ko nalang sa mum ko, eh sabihin mo you don't know.  Kasi she doesn't know naman talaga at I'm really the one dealing with all the suppliers.  I only ask my mum to deposit the sum after I've sent it to her account. And at the moment, we are trying to sort out our elopement wedding in LA (fiance lives in LA, I live in London- kahit anong gawin ko overseas bride pa din ang peg ko  :o :o :o :o :o)

Me and my fiance will have our civil wedding in 3 weeks na :)  And I've told him before as well, nung talagang non stop si MIL sa pangungulit regarding mga wedding suppliers (ultimo para sa gown ko), na  wag na kaming mag church wedding since we'll have our very intimate civil wedding naman.  He reminded me na yun yung promise nya sa mum ko na pakakasalan nya ko sa simbahan kahit magpapakasal na kami civilly - hehe..  Well, our wedding is still a year away.. We will see.  :) 

Hope you and fiance can sort it out.  Hugs nalang ang maibibigay ko, kasi most of them had already given good and great advices :)  Hinga ka lang ng malalim, then back to the drawing board.  :)  Maayos nyo din ito. Aja!!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:26:19 pm by bonzaigirl »

skela96c

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #464 on: May 25, 2015, 08:08:26 pm »
Hi sis sparklingjewel, the way i see it the fact that your MIL will pay for the additional (supposedly only) 50pax actually gave her leeway to invite whoever. But aside from the space, additional pax actually entails a lot of additional things. Hindi lang yung per plate sa caterer.  The same thing happened to us pero smaller scale lang. We wanted100pax only, MIL wants to give us budget so she can invite 20pax. My husband talked to his mom. Ang sinabi nya it's not just the caterer's cost. More guests would also mean more tasks for us especially for me (since i DIYed a lot of stuff).  Besides if she's going to invite her friends, baka di din sila mag enjoy because all the guests are basically our friends and ours is not a traditional wedding. Mag eenjoy ba sila sa rockband?  She ended up giving us the budget anyway (hehe) but only about 5 of her friends came. fair enough.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2015, 10:09:29 pm »
hugs sparklingjewel!!! =) I am sure it will all get sorted out in the end. I know what you mean that sometimes when wedding planning hassle and troubles come in, only a fellow bride also in the planning stage can relate and understand. Thats why I also end up venting here haha I am sure once you sit down with your fiance and really discuss it I am sure youll all come up with something agreeable to the both of you. Take care!

simang

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2015, 10:56:22 am »
We were talking last night about possible problems/issues that we may encounter with preps. Nakwento ko sa kanya the issues that are being brought up here in GT lalo na the ones about the groom not being involved enough. Sabi nya, guys leave the details upto the girl since alam naman nila na mas kabisado at mas inclined ang babae with regards to wedding details. Also, he said that if a b2b feels na the groom isn't interested with the preps, it's all in our heads daw, and that a guy will not ask you for marriage for he isn't interested for a wedding. It's common that they may not be interested yet, lalo na kung matagal pa yung wedding. Sabi nya, guys have a dream wedding too. It may not be as clear and detailed as a girl's dream wedding, but they have a wedding in mind that they want.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »
^Thanks sis Simang for sharing what you and your fiance talked about!! Super exactly what my fiance told me- that it is all in my head, and that super tagal pa the wedding. And when I understood  where he was coming from, everything went much smoother. Also I realized how involved he also was once we had a problem with our original videographer who double booked up. Blessing in disguise talaga the pagka-palpak of the videographer! So now, I don't bother him except for really major things that will affect the outcome. And what I do now, is when he gets involved I always say "Thank you for helping me" or "You're right, I wouldn't have thought of that" hehe just to make his effort feel appreciated and at the same time I think it strokes his male ego hehe. The positive reinforcement has also really helped I think.

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2015, 10:42:53 pm »
Good news sis chili im happy for you na ang ganda na ng turn out sa preps mo!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2015, 10:57:26 pm »
Thank you sis lippie queen!! =) 1 year to go pa kami but at least things are much better now and nag-eenjoy na ulit ako mag plan!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2015, 02:57:47 am »
 ;D ;D ;D  im so happy for you guys.. i think sometimes certain circumstances like these (when we are having problems) makes the couple closer talaga, once napag usapan na ng maayos and everything is opened up :)  .. 

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #471 on: May 27, 2015, 04:43:04 am »
Im back from outerspace mga sis! grabe while doing our paperworks, and upon tracing my baptismal sa province, wala daw akong record! eh may photocopy naman kami. Sabi nung tao don eh wala daw sa registry nila. baka tinatamad maghanap. buti sana kung malapit lang ang probinsya. Region 5 eh! saklap. :(

sabi ng ninang ko instead of doing affidavit daw - which requires testimony from 2 witnesses puls pictures during my binyag, paulit ko nalang raw binyagan. OMG lang. hahaha

anyone of you had the same problem?

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #472 on: May 27, 2015, 05:39:28 am »
hi sis Maxim04! h2b went through a similar incident. its quite a long story... basta ang ending is nag adult baptism siya. medyo maraming process but he was able to finish it in less than 2 months. requirements are not the same sa lahat ng church, but it starts at the church in your place of residence where you intend to get baptized. if you're gonna push through with this, better inquire with them first para alam mo yung magiging process. they can also advise you kung ano yung best option for you.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #473 on: May 27, 2015, 02:24:38 pm »
I just found out that our photographer is in the hospital and was advised by his doctors to rest for a week or two. Our wedding is now less than 2 weeks away. We were advised by his staff that he'll be fine during our wedding day. Worst case scenario is that he won't shoot but will nonetheless supervise his photographers.

We've worked with his team during our engagement shoot. They were good, but the head photographer directs their shoots and would check their settings. In view thereof, I'm slightly panicking. I'm thinking of whether to get a back-up photographer. Fiance says there's no need because we were assured that we'll have photographers on the day. However, the reason that I got them was because of the lead photographer. So... Hindi ako mapakali right now.

Which leads to my next dillema. While I'm thinking of getting a back-up photographer, I'm also thinking of budget constraints. I splurged on our P/V teams (I'm the one paying). I got the best teams that I wanted. Getting a photographer of the same caliber as my current photographer has not been factored in the budget.

Would like to get your thoughts on this ladies. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:52:30 pm by caleeice »

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #474 on: May 27, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »
^aw, anong cause ng hospitalization nya sis? injury or illness lang? kung illness lang sa tingin ko naman a week would be enough for him to recuperate pero baka that wouldn't be the case if the cause is injury. but actually medyo crucial sya ha, ang hirap mag risk. pero if you think his team can deliver well naman even without the main photographer eh trust them na lang at magbigay ka na lang ng mga specifics tungkol sa shots na gusto mo a couple of days before the wedding.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »
^Hi sis. He was confined due to illness. I don't know how serious, but he's been in the hospital for a week now, so sounds serious to a non-medical person like me. His team is good, but he directs them and checks their settings from time to time during our engagement shoot.

Mum told me to calm down. She thinks he'll be okay during the wedding, but nonetheless told me that I should have a contingency plan. I said sure we can look for back-up/replacement photographers, but I have budgetary constraints since this was not factored in. She told me not to worry about payment. I feel slightly better, but am still really worried. P/V are my non-negotiables kasi.

marchbridetobe

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2015, 04:46:44 pm »
^if i would also be in your position eh malamang mag worry din ako ng bongga dahil non-negotiable talaga ang p/v. good thing na your mom told you not to worry about the payment, kaya lang syempre since less than 2 weeks na lang ang wedding mo, kung maghahanap ka man ng ibang photog eh sana you would be able to find someone na equally qualified or better pa than your current photogs na di pa booked on your wedding day especially if your wedding is on a weekend. don't stress yourself too much sis :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2015, 05:34:19 pm »
I'm so happy that my top choice alternative is still available on our wedding day! He'll arrive from the US 2 days before the wedding. Sign ba ito? Haha!

I don't think back-up photography will sit well with our P/V suppliers since they're big names in the industry. So... if I decide to get the alternative, I'd have to terminate my agreement with our current one. Sad lang because he's very nice, easy to deal with. I also liked the fact that we have a lot of albums included in our current package. But I can't upgrade the package with the alternative choice because that's a whopping 100k difference which I have not factored in our budget.

Hay.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:36:25 pm by caleeice »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:51 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about your photographer issues Caleeice! Oh my gosh, what a tough choice to make. Did you ask your photographer who they plan to send as a substitute in the event they cannot shoot? So with the new photographer you are considering you have to add 100k just to get the albums and all that?

This got me thinking. It says in my contract with Ghe Consolation that should he not be able to shoot, he will provide an equally qualified and skilled videographer to take over. But there is no indication of an option to terminate the agreement and ask for a refund. Did any Ghe brides here revise their contracts before signing?

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2015, 07:16:49 pm »
I noticed that too before I signed the contract sis.. but since Ghe's circle of videographer friends are from the Nicolas clan naman so I just thought, there's nothing I should worry about.. if ever ha. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close