Author Topic: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)  (Read 56263 times)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2015, 04:42:41 pm »
I totally agree with you sis reese17. Frustration ko rin yan sa side ni h2b, dami na nagseself invite. Eh gusto namin intimate wedding lang talaga.

I once made a comment to h2b na wala akong pakialam sa tradition, please tell your family to respect the couple. Pag nakakabasa ako ng ganito, di ko maiwasan ulit mahighblood sa kanila.

angelzero

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2015, 05:10:10 pm »
Stat Photobooth. I am not sure if we are an isolated case. As mentioned, the output naman was ok medyo sumablay lang sa timing on giving the revised layout.

Magulo talaga sila kausap sis. You're not the only one. Maybe yung bad feedback sa kanila outnumbers yung good. Kaya for B2Bs out there na thinking of booking them, wag na please. Kung ayaw nyong ma stress sa preps at sa wedding day nyo. I don't know if anyone here happen to see my review of them. I gave them 0 out of 5 because they didn't show up sa wedding namin at all. Galing diba? Maswerte ka pa nyan sis hehe. Buti they showed up on your wedding despite your doubts.

skela96c

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2015, 05:38:21 pm »
Bakit ba sa mga Pinoy, ang wedding ginagawang party ng bayan or reunion?

At, kung sino pa yung extended/nag self invite lang, yun pa ang madaming komento. grrr.

I've (finally!) finalized our guestlist and seatplan. sarado na ang tindahan. walang buffer seats. Lol!

120515

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2015, 06:59:28 pm »
i hope i won't have this problem...our wedding preparations are very quiet and we haven't posted anything about it at all on social media so i haven't received any unwanted messages of people inviting themselves to our wedding...my parents only requested about 6 guests but that's it and they haven't asked or any additional heads...i think it's partly because i made it very clear, especially to my mama, that i have a limited budget and thus will only be able to invite a limited number of people.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »
I've also been really quiet on social media but I guess word spreads quick. Haha, I'm probably just PMS-ing but this really saddens me! GRRR.

Thanks for sympathizing with me, ladies. <3
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:47:45 pm by reese17 »

Kristal08

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2015, 07:47:08 pm »
hi  b2b, just need your opinion like about sa pamamanhikan, what if may side na di agree sa wedding niyo, pano un? pwede ba yung groom lang ang mamanhikan sa family ng bride? or vice versa?

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2015, 09:26:56 pm »
Technically, walang problema kung of age naman kayo (check city hall requirements for this).

Yung relationship lang in the long run ang affected kung importante sa families yung pamamanhikan tradition.

hi  b2b, just need your opinion like about sa pamamanhikan, what if may side na di agree sa wedding niyo, pano un? pwede ba yung groom lang ang mamanhikan sa family ng bride? or vice versa?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2015, 01:29:13 am »
^reese17, wala bang option to cut back on guests because of the venue?

Kami kasi, comparing layout to a similar wedding mukhang 200 pax lang ideal seats sa reception, when we are expecting 250-270 pax. So i HOPE i can still convince fiance to cut back on his list of extras. :p

120515

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2015, 01:59:50 am »
I've also been really quiet on social media but I guess word spreads quick. Haha, I'm probably just PMS-ing but this really saddens me! GRRR.

Thanks for sympathizing with me, ladies. <3

i think for your self-invited guests, you can also consider the budget excuse for them aside from the venue excuse as sparklingjewel pointed out. i read an article before on how to turn down people who have invited themselves to your wedding ;D

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2015, 08:36:55 am »
^ Enderun's courtyard has a capacity of 300 pax actually so I can't use the venue size as an excuse. Also it's hard to say no because majority are coming from my future in-laws.

I love my fiance and I love his family too but the self-invites and the hatak-hatak are really new to me. And unheard of in our family where RSVPs and waiting upon the host's invitation is important. I've shared this na with my fiance and he apologized for the hassle but at the same time explained to me that he doesn't want us to be the couple who dictates/limits the number of family members.

To be fair, it's not just my fiance's side. My dad also requested for me to invite his college barkada, office barkada, boss, etc. etc. Lol! Both of our dads are offering to pay naman so budget isn't an issue. Siguro hindi lang talaga ako sanay. I also envisioned my wedding to be more intimate.

I'm OK na. Learning to let it go and still happy to be marrying this guy! No regrets or doubts. (Inis lang from time to time, hehe.) At the end of the day it's still a blessing we can afford the extra guests and I still have 6 months to pray na sana may fall-out. :P We're going to try to trim the guest list from our side - as in remove acquaintances and former officemates who most likely cannot make it or aren't super close to us anyway.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:43:39 am by reese17 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2015, 09:44:26 am »
^Sobrang galing na within budget parin kayo reese17... Same here---MIL offered to pay for the food since sa kanya yung extra 50 pax (eh ako nga 80 pax lang guests ko e). With that, we're within budget na that we set for ourselves kahit lumobo guestlist pero wala na kaming contingency, anything over our estimate and we will likely go overbudget na. Might have to review and cutback on some minor stuff we havent booked (like souvenirs) since we overspent on our rings, fiance's suit, and prenup shoot (all very recent--- hay).

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2015, 09:51:06 am »
^ actually, our contingency fund has gone down and I was planning to use that to upgrade my L/S for ceiling projections at the tent! (I wanted to project stars so I asked Sensitivity if they could source one for me instead of stringing up lights)

Where are you planning to source souvenirs? I'm thinking of making a trip to divi for parasols and shades (yung tipong 30/pair) since we're moving to the garden.

I'm planning to downgrade our cake na rin. 2 layers nalang na simple carrot cake (our favorite!) with cream cheese frosting. No toppers, no works. It's just a cake and in reality, people don't really gawk at it. Haha.

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2015, 11:36:54 am »
sis chilli you're not alone in this. Although in general talaga ganyan ang guys. Swerte talaga yung may mga h2b na hands on. My cousis told me what to expect from the groom---close to nothing daw. Frustrating lang.

As for the hatak, I'm experiencing that from my mom's side. Grabe my guests is at 130 kay h2b nasa 60 lang. Thanks to my mom's big family. We agreed na lang that she will pay for the extra seats and I'm not close to her cousins. Same goes with my dad. When I told them about my wedding plans they begged me not to do it in our province. Sobrang circus talaga if ever dun and even h2b won't be able to control his guests na rin.  Baka umabot ng 500+ guests kung doon and these are people we don't know. Plus I'm sure kawawa yung totoong close relatives and friends niyan. During my cousin's wedding kaming family pa yung nawalan ng seats. Yung drivers ng ibang hatak guests yung nauna pang umupo at kumuha ng pagkain. So being a "destination" wedding in Manila helps a lot.

I can't understand din why its like that here. Sometimes gusto mo na lang mag elope para matapos na hehe.

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2015, 02:45:08 pm »
truedat sis simang! akala nila ang dali kumita ng pera kaya wala silang pakialam kung di sila magcoconfirmkung pupunta or hindi. And annoying pa kasi usually its the relatives na hindi nag RSVP!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2015, 02:49:58 pm »
^reese17 Not sure yet where to source souvenirs since not sure pa what... thinking of shawls and something bottled (olive oil? imported honey?)... as for our cake "downgraded" naman na sya talaga since i dont want anything tall and fancy and so traditional it screams "i'm a wedding cake!"... i want it minimalistic, white, with a yummy banana cake inside. Haha. Sabihan kita if i see any affordable parasols and shades around. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2015, 02:22:41 am »
rightback, kristal08: LOL super sawa ako and walang gana with wedding preps pa din. As in I want to tell my H2B na medyo Im not sure if I wanna get married. Haaaaayyyy so now I am avoiding him and the topic, because I might say something that I will regret.

as for wedding guest list issues... I told H2B fine if youre too lazy to fix your guest list and we cant even estimate out catering costs... BASTA I told him not to complain if I feed all our guests a cheap menu. I told him I will fix the wedding without his help (since he doesnt seem interested) but not to ever complain if I hire tacky amateur bands and djs. Ang dami niya gusto at first when we got engaged last July--- wanting the most expensive menu, wanting all these performers! LOL Uhmmmmm reality check please!!--- the budget he gave cant handle it, ESPECIALLY if he cant freaking manage his guest list!!



bugem25

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2015, 09:59:39 am »
^ sis ganyan din kami ni h2b before.. Guestlist pa lang niya, nagaaway na kami.. What I did is inemail ko sa kanya yung excel file and nilagyan ko ng Column Header like, mother's side, father's side, elem, hs, college friends, then officemate.. Our plan kasi is 200pax lang then when I listed guests from my side, nasa 100 n.. I told him if he will not list all his guests, im going to allot 50pax lang for him..  Ayun, ginawa naman niya agad and emAiled the file back to me.. Yun nga lang, 100+pax ang guests niya.. So our next discussion is how we will trim down our guests or if we will add na lang on our caterer.. Siguro sis take a break muna from wedding prep kasi baka it is stressing you out... Chill ka na lang muna.. And talk to h2b about it..

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #297 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:33 am »
Hi sis chili, maybe you and your fiance need to unwind. Since your wedding is still a year away, you still have time to go on a mini vacation with him. You can also go out with your friends so you can relax. I went through that phase as well (but different circumstances) where I was just feeling too tired and stressed out because of preps.

After that, just sit down and calmly discuss matters with him. Men sometimes don't understand the effort that we give and stress that we have to go through to pull off a day/night to remember. I'm sure he will do a better job once you get to enjoy some downtime together and he understands where you're coming from. I guess compromise is the key. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:53:48 am by caleeice »

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »
chili1113, chill ka muna siguro. best if you take a breather from preps like go on a vacation or do other stuff not related to the wedding. maybe that timeout can give you a better perspective--and maybe ideas na rin  ;)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Problems you encounter while preparing for your wedding (Part 6)
« Reply #299 on: April 30, 2015, 06:53:25 pm »
Thanks girls for the support and good vibes!! =) Bugem25, caleeice, kristal08, and rightback!!

I just found out that H2B made a DP to our photographer all of a sudden without consulting me. Eh I paid already!!! Hay, ewan ko if hes feeling guilty about not taking interest in the wedding and so he stepped in. But it annoyed me even more because he didnt even consult me. Our dp was only supposed to be 25k which I already paid. Bigla ba naman nag deposit si H2b ng 75k without telling me. Hello... 1 yr to go pa wedding and halos fully paid na.

This is what happens when the groom doesnt pay attention and doesnt listen. Then bigla nalang gagawa ng move out of guilt. Instead of being helpful, gumugulo pa lalo.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close