Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84358 times)

shrek250190

  • Guest
Hi sis bzbee. ask ko lang po.  yung tela na 300 per set means per yard ba siya?  Kinuha mo muna kung ilang yards magagamit sa kanila?  what do you mean sa set sis?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Sis the safest is 4 yards per person and if a little fat or you want them to be able to execute extra special designs, 5 yards. I got my silk chiffon (some call it gaze faconne) at P110/yard plus geena for P20 per yard pang lining.

smld

  • Guest
Vouching for Ms. Carmen too =) I was there earlier, super accommodating nya. I can say value for money yung gowns nila. Plus me discount daw pag GT =)

I've visited Bridal Room and White Label, mejo pricey but the gowns from White Label are really gorgeous. They fit well, and ang slim suot.

Bridal Room offers rental pero they don't alter. Of the three, sila ang pinakamaraming gowns sa store.

sparklesmd

  • Guest
hi sis philpotts, buti ka nga ok yung first meeting mo with Mel, pero ako una pa lang, di na. Wala pang 10mins  nung nag usap kami and in that 10min time, parang wala siyang gana, nakasimangot and di siya nagssugest and as if i can't be me pag kausap siya. I was then with h2b and he felt the same. Sayang, siya pa naman una kong pinuntahan na designer because of her lacey works.
Iniwan pa niya kami agad nung me dumating na client na i think have booked her already.
Poor me and hubby:(

Anyway, no 2nd thoughts, I decided to find another and have considered Jo Rubio and is totally the opposite, swear :)

I agree jo rubio is very nice and accomodating. Just finished my first fitting for my engagement gown with him and so far im very pleased with the output. Prior to this, i requested for design change ng mga 3x before finally settling for the final design and even then, he was patient and accomodating. Ang napansin ko na plus points sa kanya is i think he is very tutok when it comes to his clients :)

bzbee

  • Guest
Hi sis bzbee. ask ko lang po.  yung tela na 300 per set means per yard ba siya?  Kinuha mo muna kung ilang yards magagamit sa kanila?  what do you mean sa set sis?

bought 4 yards chiffon and 4 yards geena for each ninang, eto yung isang set. this should be enough for a long gown based on research na rin.

yannuh

  • Guest
Vouching for Ms. Carmen too =) I was there earlier, super accommodating nya. I can say value for money yung gowns nila. Plus me discount daw pag GT =)

I've visited Bridal Room and White Label, mejo pricey but the gowns from White Label are really gorgeous. They fit well, and ang slim suot.

Bridal Room offers rental pero they don't alter. Of the three, sila ang pinakamaraming gowns sa store.

will you get her na sis? Yay daming Bridehouse PH brides here ♥

shrek250190

  • Guest
Hi sis bzbee.  How much yung inabot mong cost per ninang sa tela?

bzbee

  • Guest
almost 300 per ninang

anneshirley

  • Guest
Hi girls, I'm thinking of getting an RTW dress for reception. Which would be better: Bridal Room (Paranaque) or White Label (Makati)?

I thought against Bridal Room at first kasi it's so far away but I'm visiting friends in Alabang when I fly back so it wouldn't be too much effort to pass by din kasi. Rosa Clara was another option but everyone pretty much knows Rosa Clara's designs na and mej maarte lang ako that way hahaha

peachlipstick

  • Guest
i think ok lang sis hehe, sad lang wala ako pics nung nagfit din ako ng RTW gowns nya kasi si h2b sinasamahan lang ako pero ayaw nya sumama sa fitting room dahil ayaw daw nya ko makita hehe :p

Hi sis yannuh, we went there last Saturday, mas excited pa si h2b sa akin, nag post agad ng pictures. Haha.

Sis peachlipstick I was in bridehouseph yesterday and yes pwede ka mag take ng pictures. In fairness affordable ang gowns nila and I was going to write here about them palang. The RTW beaded top with frou frou skirt was 30K lang and the sewing was better than the ones in Divi. :)

Sis fluffyfluff , I agree na affordable nga din ang price nila. Napaisip tuloy talaga ako. Gusto nga ni h2b mag-down na kami this weekend. Medyo nagdadalawang isip lang ako :(

May nakita pala akong bagong open na shop that offers rentals, custom made and RTW. The Chungdam Bridal Wedding, dito lang din sa Makati. We have an appointment with them this Saturday. Balitaan ko kayo if magaganda ang gowns nila :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Hi girls, I'm thinking of getting an RTW dress for reception. Which would be better: Bridal Room (Paranaque) or White Label (Makati)?

I thought against Bridal Room at first kasi it's so far away but I'm visiting friends in Alabang when I fly back so it wouldn't be too much effort to pass by din kasi. Rosa Clara was another option but everyone pretty much knows Rosa Clara's designs na and mej maarte lang ako that way hahaha

HI anneshirley :D  YOu mentioned that you are flying back?  Are you an overseas bride as well??  If you are thinking of RTW as well, you may try David's Bridal if you have it near your area.  I got my wedding gown there.  It is cheaper than some of the gowns that they are selling in the Philippines.  But then again my gown is just a simple lacy  mermaid gown.  :D  But you can start fitting various styles :D  That way you'll know what's nice for your body type.  Hope this helps.  :D

anneshirley

  • Guest
HI anneshirley :D  YOu mentioned that you are flying back?  Are you an overseas bride as well??  If you are thinking of RTW as well, you may try David's Bridal if you have it near your area.  I got my wedding gown there.  It is cheaper than some of the gowns that they are selling in the Philippines.  But then again my gown is just a simple lacy  mermaid gown.  :D  But you can start fitting various styles :D  That way you'll know what's nice for your body type.  Hope this helps.  :D

Hey bonzaigirl! After reading your reply I went straight to the David's Bridal website but yeah confirmed that they don't have a branch in SG :( thanks though!!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Ay sayang. :)  Anyway, you're going home soon. You'll get to feel the excitement of trying on different styles. :) Good luck on your bridal gown hunt 😄😄😄

anneshirley

  • Guest
Ay sayang. :)  Anyway, you're going home soon. You'll get to feel the excitement of trying on different styles. :) Good luck on your bridal gown hunt

thanks dear!  :-*

anneshirley

  • Guest
Girls sorry may tanong na naman ako  :-\

Do Manila-based designers still open their shops on holidays? I've pretty much booked my whole weekend solid next week and then comes the announcement that 17-Jul is also a holiday in the Philippines.  :( Okay, I'm not sad na holiday haha But my inner customer is panicking while its project manager counterpart naman is looking for a way around this haha

I've asked na the designers I've booked appointments with, but still waiting for a response. But from your experience ba, was there anyone nice and hardworking enough to meet clients on holidays?  :o

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Girls sorry may tanong na naman ako  :-\

Do Manila-based designers still open their shops on holidays? I've pretty much booked my whole weekend solid next week and then comes the announcement that 17-Jul is also a holiday in the Philippines.  :( Okay, I'm not sad na holiday haha But my inner customer is panicking while its project manager counterpart naman is looking for a way around this haha

I've asked na the designers I've booked appointments with, but still waiting for a response. But from your experience ba, was there anyone nice and hardworking enough to meet clients on holidays?  :o

It would be better if you have an appointment sis, because from experience, they may not be able to accomodate you if you are just a walk in.  Actually in my experience naman, I had an appointment, but the designer chose to do an errand, kaya I left, when she came back, she had some excuse, well I told her I can't accomodate her na because that was my only schedule.  Anyways, we have somebody now to make my mums gown.  But yun nga, and it depends on the designers that you have already chosen, but there are some that are not Manila based, so they only come to Manila on certain days. 

anneshirley

  • Guest
Yup bonzaigirl, I've booked and confirmed appointments na with them. I'm just worried baka they cancel or ask to resched given the recently announced holiday - and if that happens I'll need to give up other confirmed appointments to make room..

I never had a qualm about the timing of holiday announcements til now! Hahaha

janagirl

  • Guest
Hi mga sis, may alam ba kayo na okay na RTW shop sa Divi? Kung pwede din sana pa PM ng mga price range ng gowns doon? Been busy booking other suppliers these past few months, and medyo hindi ko pa napaprioritize ang gown ko hehe. Thanks much mga sissies! :)

jhenpretty

  • Guest
Hi sisses! I am an April 2016 bride and I have been searching and have been asking different designers already. Out of 30 designers, 22 of them answered. Yeah. I know. Haha. Sobrang excited lang. I love lacey mermaid gown yun na talaga dream gown ko. Among those designers, here are my top choices:
- Edward Teng
- Jazel Sy (kaso pakiramdam ko masyado ko siyang tinipid kaya I am not sure kung magiging maganda parin outcome)
- Von Lazaro
- Haydee Garcia (but I am not sure if she can execute the type of gown I want but the price is good)
- Roxy Bagano (kaso ang layo ng lugar niya pero gusto ko yung price na binigay niya sakin)

* Mel Orlina (she is not yet responding sa queries ko kaya wala pa akong idea sa price pero I like her creations. I have read comments regarding her moody attitude too kaya nagdadalawang isip pa ako)

Any advice from you sisses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

caleeice

  • Guest
^One designer I considered who's not mentioned here is Coco Lizaso. He was nice and easy to talk to when we met him last year. He also gave a lot of recommendations for the dress and for the wedding itself. The reason I didn't get him was that he's based in Bulacan. Mel Orlina's atelier is so near my office so I decided to get her instead. Looking back not sure whether I would go with Coco or Mel. Hehe.

Coco's work was previously featured in Bride and Breakfast: http://brideandbreakfast.ph/2014/05/17/cherished-charm/#more-31594

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close