Wow. More stories about Mel's attitude. I used to defend her because she was so nice and accommodating to us, but I had to delete my posts about that around two months before the wedding because of our experience with her.
Early on, she already allowed me to choose and reserve a lace for my all-lace gown, so I did. Months later, I then reaffirmed my choice. However, a week after reaffirming my choice, I had a change of heart and asked if I could replace my lace. She agreed and just informed me that I would have to add 5k for the new lace to which my mum and I agreed. I then made sure that her assistant put my name inside the lace's plastic. I recall her assistant calling their production house informing them about the change.
When we returned for my fitting, we were surprised to see that the old lace was used as appliqués for my gown. Mum then nicely asked that it seems like the lace used was the old one. Then the staff said that the lace used was the one we chose. Mum responded, again in a nice and cool manner, that we had that changed and Michel even wrote my name inside the plastic of the new lace. Then Mel butt in, saying that she was there when we chose the lace that was used and even asked me if I was already sure. Mum, still very cool and composed, said that yes we reaffirmed that choice but we went back a week after to ask if we can have the lace replaced to which they agreed kaya nga there was an additional 5k.
It was at this point that we saw Mel's attitude that I've read from here. She was raising her voice saying that it's unfair daw, hindi naman daw pwede na ganoon, pinapili ako tapos papalitan ko, tapos kung kelan nagawa na then mag-reklamo kami. Mum in a still composed manner responded by explaining that we asked if we can still replace the lace to which Mel agreed. Sobrang pikon na ako during this time, but I was thinking that it was only 2 months away from the wedding and I don't need the added stress of looking for a new designer. So I asked my mum to stop arguing because wala nang magagawa (but I was saying this loudly para matamaan si Mel because I was really annoyed).
She could have just apologized for her assistant's mistake, but she chose to raise her voice and insisting on something that was really factually wrong. Mum and I could have easily engaged her in a debate (especially because we're both lawyers), but we decided not to because we didn't have the luxury of time.
After that altercation, Mel talked to Michel, the assistant, outside her atelier. Then when they went back inside, she became nice to me again and made adjustments to my gown while I was fitting it. She was also nice during subsequent fittings. In all fairness to her, we never saw her throw a bitchfit again.
I would have given her a failing mark because of that incident, but a lot of our family and friends (mum included) told me how pretty my gown was. Mum said baka daw bumawi samin kaya ginandahan. Haha! Anyway, if I could turn back time, I'm not sure if I would book her again.