Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84485 times)

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
I met with Roxy, too, and I must agree that she's really nice and accomodating. Hirap lang puntahan ng atelier niya, but there's parking naman. Her price is reasonable, but I felt like there was something missing with her design, given my peg. Madali din siya kausap, and very professional.

However, I went with Teena Sabrina Tan. She's just young, 25 years old, but very talented and has been in the fashio business since she was 20. Her designs are creative (not too common) and oozes class. You can check her out on IG. I sent her pegs but I asked if she could make the dress long sleeves since our wedding will be in Tagaytay this December.  I also asked if she can design a more dramatic back. She drew a sketch that I absolutely fell in love with - a lacey beaded gown with a flowy skirt. Her prices are really reasonable, too. She also responds quickly to emails, so that's a plus for us overseas brides :)

pogi02

  • Guest
Hi sis FutureMrsU, how much ang quote ni Teena sayo? Thanks! :)

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
Hi sis FutureMrsU, how much ang quote ni Teena sayo? Thanks! :)

She quoted 35k for a non-frou frou gown :)

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Hi sis f878! Went to meet Roxy kanina, and shes really nice to deal with nga.

Buti na lang hindi ako magtanung ng sample gowns, hehe. I would have looked nganga dahil custom made nga naman sya. Hahaha.

Pleasant syang kausap. Simpleng column lang ang peg ko pero she looked closely at mg body type and suggested otherwise. Pero maganda ang way nya ng pagakaksabi. She just knows her craft. Pinagsketch nya din ako at ang ganda!! :) Medyo lampas nga lang sa budget ko, kaya natotorn ako. Pero ang ganda talaga!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Saw this post in bride and breakfast... speaking mostly about gowns. Super agree with all that was written in here! Especially this: "If your gown is too grand and everything else in the wedding is bare and simple, then there is a disconnect with the overall look."

http://brideandbreakfast.ph/2015/05/21/10-bridal-myths/

f878

  • Guest
sis _glamorosa, glad your meeting went well. :) roxy is such a positive person even on fb kaya natutuwa talaga ako sa kanya.
nakakakilig makakita ng sketch of your gown no? :D the first time she did a sketch for me dun ko naramdaman yung feeling na ikakasal na talaga ko. hehe
ok lang yan sis. basta habang may time ka pa, check out other designers na baka kayang i-accommodate yung target budget mo. lalo na sa bridal fairs kase minsan ang laki talaga ng discount. pwede mo din try sa bridehouseph kase matunog sila recently dito at di pa masyadong mahal kase starting pa lang though mom ni von lazaro ang may-ari. :)

scarlett1015

  • Guest
thanks @twinx! will probably check out bridehouse and ivory and lace in landmark in glorietta. :)

Meow Lao Li

  • Guest
Hi mga sis,

It's really interesting to be able to read all the happenings sa fittings and experiences for different couturiers and RTWs.

As for my gown-to-be, I've finally set a meeting with Patricia Santos and Jiji Cinso. Hoping both or one of them will be well and perfect for my budget soon! Mas maganda if both sana perfect para good problem ang i-so-solve ko rather than looking for more! Pagod na kasi ako.

liquidglaze

  • Guest
Hi. Im looking for RTW bridal gowns. Where should I go?
Sorry don't have much time to backread. Thanks.

caleeice

  • Guest
I am looking for a white long and flowing RTW dress for our 3rd celebration. I haven't set the budget for this yet, but I am looking for more affordable options since this is already the 3rd celebration. This event is more laid-back with more time to mingle with our guests.

I'm sort of panicking because I still don't have anything to wear!!! :o I only have 2 weeks to look for my the dress (we'll go out of town soon as wedding is done). Please help point me in the right direction so I can be more productive. I don't have much time anymore because we're still fixing last minute details for actual wedding :(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:25:14 pm by caleeice »

juwie

  • Guest
Hi caleeice! How about Stylestaple, Apartment 8? Or Miss Selfridge in Shangrila Plaza?

caleeice

  • Guest
Thank you sis!

Gosh, bigla akong nag-panic! My mum kasi was stressing over her shoes. And I was like, mum, I don't even have anything to wear yet!!! Hahahaha  :o

_glamorosa

  • Guest
nakakakilig makakita ng sketch of your gown no? :D the first time she did a sketch for me dun ko naramdaman yung feeling na ikakasal na talaga ko. hehe
ok lang yan sis. basta habang may time ka pa, check out other designers na baka kayang i-accommodate yung target budget mo. lalo na sa bridal fairs kase minsan ang laki talaga ng discount. pwede mo din try sa bridehouseph kase matunog sila recently dito at di pa masyadong mahal kase starting pa lang though mom ni von lazaro ang may-ari. :)

Oo sis, grabe ang kilig! Na-teary eyed pa nga ko. Hahaha. Wineweigh ko lang kung yung ganda ng sketch eh magagawa talaga sa execution part na. Pero sige, try ko din sa bridal fair sa June. Baka makakita ko ng maganda. 25k lang kasi ang budget ko sa gown. hehe.

I am looking for a white long and flowing RTW dress for our 3rd celebration. I haven't set the budget for this yet, but I am looking for more affordable options since this is already the 3rd celebration. This event is more laid-back with more time to mingle with our guests.

Hi sis! Im not sure kung matatype-an mo, pero I saw this dress in H&M in Megamall. Its white, flowy, and long. Ang soft din ng tela nya, at meron syang konting bling sa neckline. I think it could fit sa semi-formal celebration. :) Ang price nya ay aroung 2500 to 3k ata.

fluffyfluff

  • Guest
Hi! Ask ko lang, paano pag after makipag meet kay designer hindi ko sya type or ganun, paano ko sasabihin? Ok lang ba yun? Hindi ba sila ma-offend or ma-feel na sinayang ko oras nila??

Sorry.. still new to this wedding preparation thing and naiistress na ako!!!   :-\

caleeice

  • Guest
Thank you sis juwie and _glamorosa for the suggestions. I went around BGC yesterday, but didn't find any. I will go to Makati area tonight. If I can't find any, I will check out your suggestions this weekend since it's in Ortigas area, which is farther from home and work place.

I read Ivory and Lace in Landmark here. Okay ba doon? Is it available in Landmark in Makati? Or in Trinoma lang? Thank you!

juwie

  • Guest
^ yes sis available sa Landmark Makati ang Ivory&Lace.. although puro bridal gown dun and sabi ng sales assistant nila one person can fit a maximum of 2 gowns only. ☺

caleeice

  • Guest
Oh. Thanks for the heads up sis! I'll probably check it out if I have the time to spare later since I will be in the area anyway. Hehe.

_glamorosa

  • Guest
Hi sis caleice! Went to greenbelt last night. Sa 2nd floor ng greenbelt 5, magkakatabi na ang mga boutiques selling RTW gowns. Ang gaganda! Wasnt able to check ang price range pero magaganda talaga! :)

khalee

  • Guest
Sis kisses1417, may I know how much quote sayo ni von lazaro for a simple tulle gown with minimal beading? Pwedeng pm sis kung di ka comfy na i-broadcast. hehe

Sis belle_v2g, tama ba yung nakita ko sa google, na ang office/showroom ni Manny Mondelo is sa Comembo Makati?

caleeice

  • Guest
Hi sis caleice! Went to greenbelt last night. Sa 2nd floor ng greenbelt 5, magkakatabi na ang mga boutiques selling RTW gowns. Ang gaganda! Wasnt able to check ang price range pero magaganda talaga! :)

Thank you sis! Will check this out later! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close