Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 80922 times)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2016, 01:45:44 pm »
@caleeice: I'm thinking of wearing flats to my reception too! Did you have trouble with your gown being too long with flats, though? I'm worried that I might trip, haha! because it will be cut to suit my 3-4" heels for the ceremony/pictorials...

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #321 on: April 07, 2016, 02:35:27 pm »
Actually, no. I even danced our upbeat entrance song with my flats! Haha. Truth be told, mas nahirapan ako when I wearing heels when I was walking down the aisle. Pero that was my fault because I had my gown designer remove my petticoat. Hehe.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2016, 03:04:16 pm »
Thank you ladies for your opinions and advice!! :) :) Actually i was thinking about it because my photographer always gets shoes pics when the bride goes down the car and with bride lifting skirt. Hehe but you ladies are right. No one really notices and it isnt worth the effort to look for another oair just for than one shot haha

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2016, 03:10:17 pm »
Yes, they do take pictures when the bride goes down the car for the ceremony. Maybe you can wear your designer shoes for the preps and ceremony and the non-designer one for the reception so you'll be more comfortable moving around :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #324 on: April 07, 2016, 03:23:55 pm »
@Chili113: If that shot is really important to you, then maybe you could take the shot "exiting" the car wearing your designer heels, and then switch to your lower ones before walking into the ceremony? haha! I'm not sure if that's possible, but maybe you can pull it off if you speak to your p/v teams, since no one will really see you out there besides them!

For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever noticed a bride's shoes. Only in the SDE photo where they take a photo of the shoes (unworn).

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #325 on: April 07, 2016, 07:59:05 pm »
sis Chili1113, when I had my beauty shots with the photogs and videographers (Ghe's team) they took a lot.. and I mean  A LOT of shots ng shoes ko.. nandung sinabit sa puno. nilagay sa veranda.. shots of my maid of honor na sinusuot sakin yung shoes - from different angles, and then maka ilang beses nilang kinunan yung shoes ko (yes, just my shoes) while making me raise my skirt - just enough to see the shoes- tapos lowering the skirt ;D  Mas nakapag shoot pa yung shoes ko sa iba't ibang location sa venue kesa saken  ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:06:24 pm by edna_mode »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #326 on: April 07, 2016, 09:27:18 pm »
caleeice: Unfortunately I can't use my designer shoes for the ceremony even if they are super comfy because I will be like 3 inches taller than my fiance hehe. Actually even with the lower-heeled pair I am still a tad bit taller. So my fiance had to bring his shoes to Mr. Quickie to add extra layers on the sole to make him a bit taller. =)

We're both exactly the same height so I think I should have really bought flats... but I tend to walk really sloppy in flats, so I opted for 1.5 inch heels.

stella: Ill discuss this with the photographer.  That is actually a good idea! =) I just have to make sure I don't leave my designer shoes in the bridal car and lose the forever haha OR I just MIGHT forget to change shoes whaaaaaa...

edna_mode: Sis thanks for sharing that!! Ghe is also my videographer... nako so that means he will be taking a lot of shoes shots. Mahilig pala sya doon!! Hahahah

I think I will request my photo and video nalang to do ALL shoe shots within the hotel premises. Then perhaps I will change shoes and leave it with someone responsible =)

Hugs ladies!!! Thank you for all the ideas.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2016, 10:23:37 pm »
^Sis, if you're going to change shoes in the bridal car, ask your coordinator to keep them. When I changed to flats come reception time, I just handed it to my OTD and they took them for safekeeping. I got my shoes when they turned over all our stuff after the wedding party :)

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2016, 10:45:56 am »
Does anyone know where to buy affordable but comfortable platform shoes (only 4" high, max)? I was planning to wear flats to my reception, but my wedding gown designer said NO, haha. I'm only 5'1", and he thinks I walk more elegantly when in heels, which is true. So now I'm trying to find 4" heels with a platform (for extra comfort), but all the platform heels i see in aldo etc are 5" and up...

Looking for something cheaper, preferably, since i already spent so much on my actual wedding shoes (the platform heels will be my back up). TIA!

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #329 on: June 02, 2016, 12:01:09 pm »
^thanks for all the tips Chili! So helpful! Great tip to instruct my coordinator to bring all shoes at both venues! Didn't even think of that!

I wore my wedding shoes to an event the other night, to test how comfortable they are, and my feet didn't hurt! I added some cushions at the ball of my foot. But I know no matter how comfy a pair of heels are, it's really tough to wear them the entire day. So I definitely want backups. 

If I can't find a comfy, affordable pair of platform heels, then I"ll look for wedges (I tend to walk a bit funny in them, haha).  Then I'll definitely bring flats for the after party! My designer can't fault me if I change to flats after the reception program is over. I just hope i won't trip because my gown will be cut to suit my 4" heels :S  Did you have trouble walking in your gown when you were in flats?

MariaFatima

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2016, 12:06:01 pm »
This is so true!!! I learned from it the hard way nga lang. During the reception Hindi nako halos makatayo..hahaha! Its a good thing my sister has a some flats kaya sinuot ko muna habang kumakain mga guests, its almost 40 mins din na rest for my feet..hahaha! :) I wore a 4 inches bridal shoes from guess

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2016, 12:16:07 pm »
^hehe my gown looked funny when I switched to flats to think my gown was cut to wearing only 1.5  inch heels. I am sure I was walking funny too hahaha.

Good idea for you to change to flats in the after party. Professional picture taking would be done by then and comfort is really important on the big day!  :) :)

I suggest making sure you have almost the same heel height for your platform reception shoes as your ceremony shoes. Sayang the gown kasi when its too long :(

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »
^Really? oh no, I think my gown will be way too long then, if I wear flats. Hope I can find a comfy pair of wedges or maybe I can wear platform slippers/fit flops, haha!

My designer told me that I should just take off my heels when I'm seated for dinner, since no one would know, anyway! haha. Problem is, I think we'll be table hopping while guests eat, so I won't have much time to rest.

Will definitely make sure to tell my coordinator to bring my slippers everywhere though. So i can change while in the car, having my retouch done etc. Just a bit worried I might misplace my designer wedding shoes or leave them in the car! I guess that'll be my coordinator's responsibility...

@MariaFatima: haha good thing your sister had flats!! I'll try to wear my heels as long as possible. And if my feet really can't take it anymore, I'll switch to something else. No choice, haha. I'd rather be comfortable and enjoy my day!



maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2016, 07:53:52 pm »
Comfort-wise, any designer shoes that you would recommend? :)

pinaydiaspora

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2016, 12:43:42 am »
Hi girls! Does anybody know the rates of Badgley Mischka bridal shoes in Manila? Thanks!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2016, 07:04:15 am »
^around 10k regular price :) but goes on sale sometimes up to 50%off

stella021817

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2016, 10:04:09 am »
@maedonnas: I bought Valentino Rockstud heels (4") for my wedding next year, and they're very comfy so far. I usually cannot wear closed shoes because I have wide feet and I'm flat footed, but these do not give me any issues :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:09:18 am by stella021817 »

maedonnas

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2016, 04:14:07 pm »
@stella021817 good to hear that valentino is comfy,  it's in my shortlist.  :) Thanks sis.

lakwatchera

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2016, 12:48:47 pm »
Any of you considers having a made to order bridal shoes? That's one of my options or purchasing a designer shoe. Any thoughts ladies?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2016, 12:57:58 pm »
Hi! I considered having custom shoes made but the ones I saw at the bridal fairs werent good quality for the price isually 4k.

For about that price I found better made shoes on sale in Rustans. Also Badgley is only about 5k when on sale.

I had custom bridal shoes made before for 1st wedding that were good quality -Lila Almario. Solea was good too butI dont think they make anymore. 10 years ago they cost around 5k per custom pair but good quality
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:33:18 pm by Chili1113 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close