Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 80771 times)

z0z

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »
Ako naman, I have the opposite problem. H2B is 6' 1" tas ako 5' flat. I have to wear 5 inches heels, or else first dance namin sa chest lang nya the whole time ang face ko.

I'm comfortable naman wearing high heels because I'm tiny, part na sya ng everyday life ko. I remeber Sheena worrying when I showed her my wedding shoes, kasi yung Caleruega eh bricks yung floor. I told her I run here in heels in cobble stones. I even wear stiletto boots pag nagsnow :)

I'm a shoe addict, my supposed wedding shoes is a shoe I bought but never wore, I just bought it kasi I find it pretty, and I have several in my closet that I can wear as wedding shoes.

Here's the exact one that I have:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=58497717

But now, I want a Valentino studded shoes like this one:
http://www.alegoo.com/images05/footwear/shoes-02/048/valentino-shoes-15.jpg

What do you think girls? Stick to the Choos or switch to Valentino?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:52 pm »
Hi zOz!!! Oh my goodness. I love you choos!! They look comfy too because of the added platform at the ball of the foot. I also love the Valentino rockstud shoes. However, personally I find them more of a casual shoe than an evening shoe. But then Ive seen other brides pull them off well with a wedding gown, plus you can really wear then everyday after.


glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2015, 04:40:14 pm »
I just visited the Preview Sale of SM Makati and Badgley Mischka has the only option for wedding shoes. Its a real deal from the original price of 10k down to 3.8k but unfortunately they don't have size 7 for the style that I wanted. Mostly its size 9 already. They'll be open for public starting tomorrow until the 16th.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2015, 11:26:07 pm »
^ Dang! I'm size 37 EUR/6.5 US. :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2015, 11:46:36 pm »
glacy_rein: were there any low heeled Badgley Mischkas on sale? Thank you!

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2015, 09:32:09 am »
Any reco where to have custom-made shoes, yung comfy? Thanks :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2015, 09:57:23 am »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2015, 10:00:13 am »
Super, sis yannuh, thanks! :) dyan ka rin ba nagpagawa?

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2015, 10:07:41 am »
Di sis. Di na keri ng budget hehe :p Bumili lang ako sa department store hehe:)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:34 am »
Comfy ba? I heard from my friends na past brides mas comfy raw minsan ang department store, locally made shoes. I'm really after the comfortability kasi madali uminit ulo ko kapag masakit paa ko hahaha

abbeyS

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:59 am »
Sissies, i plan to have flats sa reception but my gown designer is obliging me to have a wedge instead, the gown length kasi is designed sa shoes so your shoes for the ceremony and reception shld be of same height if you plan to change, baka kasi i might step to it kasi hahaba lalo yung gown, madapa pa ako. Thinking now to buy another kaso another gastos nanaman or practice na lang sa house para masanay na haha.


glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2015, 10:30:15 am »
@reese17
they have it in other styles sis, its just that they don't have it for the style that I wanted.

@Chili1113

The white shoes for weddings are not high at all. I think its just 2inches.

Alert sisses: They will add up more items this weekend daw because a lot of people would come in. Kainis lang - they should have done that with the Prestige holders who were the first ones to be invited! (anyway go na!!! 70% off on some items!)

fuzzy_pink

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2015, 12:26:02 pm »
Sale ang Badgley Mischka sa SM sadly wala ako sizes sa lahat ng nagustuhan ko. :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »
glacy_rein, fuzzy_pink: Are there any size 7.5 Badgley Mischkas left in the SM Makati sale? Sayang I wasnt able to drop by yesterday I was already in the Makati area. I had so many errands kasi and had no time. Thanks so much!!!

abbeyS: I have a friend who literally only wore her Jimmy Choos for pictorials in her prep hotel. Kunyari she wore the shoes. But since it was so high she never even wore it her entire wedding, even during the ceremony. So I think her gown designer really fixed the length of her gown to her "real" shoes and not the Jimmy Choos.

I would personally consider this if I fall in love with a pair of shoes that are too high to wear to my wedding, since Ill be taller than hubby. But sometimes I think, what's the point of using a pair of shoes just for pictorials if it isn't even your real bridal shoe? Parang for show lang?

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2015, 04:38:38 pm »
Chili, I have to admit I don't really see the point of buying shoes that you're not going to wear. Although it occurs to me that she could've returned the Jimmy Choos for a refund since they were basically unused? Parang stylist lang na nag-pull out. lol.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:49:33 pm by sevenstars »

abbeyS

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2015, 06:00:03 pm »
Sis Chili13, true sayang naman ang shoes haha. For me naman, when you splurge on shoes especially for like JC's, you will surely wanted to use it not only sa wedding but also for all occasions. And siyempre we are allowed naman to try it over and over even before buying so u can feel how comfy it is para masulit ang bayad mo unless we are like other celebrities na once lang isuot and can just buy another pair/s. 

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2015, 05:56:17 am »
Has anyone heard of Stuart Weitzman Bridal Shoes? I saw a couple of pairs online for 70% off so Im quite tempted... from about 500 USD now only about 150 USD. OK kaya to buy even if I haven't tried them on or seen them in person?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2015, 06:15:03 am »
Medyo mahal retail price nya vs. Badgleys and mas plain the designs. Haha i also shortlisted some for mine. Pero di na natuloy balak ko to scout for them. If ever meron in Manila maybe it would be in Rustans or SM Makati?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2015, 06:29:18 am »
sparklingjewel: Ill check SM. I know they dont have any in Rustans. Bahala na... Im just such a sucker for super sale goodies!! And yes the designs are really more plain. I saw some Kate Spades on sale too, but then I wasn't too keen on the designs.

Anyway if I dont find anything, Ill just use my cheapie, backup shoes. =) Actually between bridal shoes and a nice formal clutch bag, Id rather invest in the bag lol! Im more a bag than shoe person lol

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2015, 10:17:55 am »
^ Sis if you're looking for physical stores of Stuart Weitzman there's one in City of Dreams near Dreamplay (I think) and one in SM Megamall fashion hall near Pandora. I just can't remember if they have bridal shoes collection.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close