Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 80950 times)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2015, 02:39:01 pm »
Hi sisses! For those of you who are buying new shoes for the wedding, do any of you have plans to wear them before the big day to get used to them/break them in? Mine arrived today and while I think I may need to get used to wearing them....part of me wants them to stay new and unused!! Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks sisses!

Tama si sis 120515 ;) actually it's the rule of thumb. hehe. You're supposed to break it in that way para di ka magkaron ng blisters. If you don't want to get it dirty, you can wear it inside the house for an hour or 2 everyday for 2 weeks. Gawin mo syang parang slippers. Yung suotin mo sya sa house. :) Para na din masanay yung feet mo and of course yung mga creases ng paa, magfit dun sa shoes :) 

f878

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2015, 12:38:46 am »
i tried wearing my wedding shoes sa bahay para ma-break in. :)
may mga moments na nagbabalot ako ng giveaways na naka-high heels sa living room. hehe

pero on the day ng wedding, di ko talaga nakaya yung discomfort! i bought wedges na kasing-taas nung wedding shoes ko para may back-up ako pag masakit na talaga. after ng preps pictorial parang susuko na yung mga paa ko so i asked my bridal assistant for the wedges. siguro for most of the ceremony and reception, wedges na yung suot ko. hehe
pero for moments na mas maganda yung heels, like postnup pictorial at removing ng garter, inaabot saken nung assistant yung high heels ko at sya pa ang nagpapalit! feeling cinderella lang. hehe
(plus points to kat of imbitado events for being so attentive to my needs. :D)

it's really ideal to break-in your wedding shoes lalo na kung may kutob kayong sasakit ang paa nyo pag suot sya pero remember to bring a back-up pair din just in case. ;)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2015, 01:14:52 am »
^ay ang cool break in takaga!! hehe, baka naman maloka ang housemates ko pag nakitang nakaheels ako tapos nagigisa or naglalaba?! tee hee! !! I tried mine in the pre nup day na, d naman sipumakit paa ko for 2 hours. Hindi nga lang 100% fine ang feeling ko kasi hindi ako maheels na babae, im more on flats talaga.  ::) plano ko rin yung magdala ng back up flats na formal on wedding day itself at picture purposes muna si heels, hehe.  :D

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:39 am »
Thanks for all the feedback sisses!! I guess i will try to wear them around the house to get a feel for them. Problema ko lang is that our apartment is 99% carpeted, so iba yung feeling! I just don't want them to look used on the day itself...but I am too excited to wear them!!!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2015, 09:15:13 am »
^Sis f878, are the soles of your heels cushioned? I bought my wedding shoes na kasi and the sole is cushioned and i dont feel any pain at all--- I could even run in it! Not sure if this is because sukat palang and not long-time wearing. When i got it naisip kong hindi ko na pala kailangan ng backup wedges if it's this comfortable! Pero did you have the same experience, sumakit lang nung wedding na? Thanks!

f878

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2015, 10:40:09 am »
sis sparklingjewel, i don't think they were. hehe i didn't buy high-end shoes naman. naka-sale lang na charles&keith. ;D pero if you're getting your shoes from a brand na trusted mo ang quality & comfort then maybe less worries for you. :)
though nung nagsukat ako no pain din. pero pag sinuot ko na sya for more than 30-mins nararamdaman ko na yung throbbing sa paa ko. lalo na kung majority nung time spent ay nakatayo. :D

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2015, 11:48:25 am »
Same tayo sis, belle_v2g :). When I bought mine, it was so comfortable, I even wore it up and down my flat, and even around the corner to the off license store :). And that was without the memory foam insoles. But during our civil union, I did feel  some slight discomfort when I took my shoes off. This was 5 hours after wearing them despite the memory foam insoles this time.  So I am already expecting some slight  discomfort during the actual day next year :)  I do have my ever trusted wedges though for the reception.  :) And our reception has stairs and uneven ground as its a mix of  garden and indoor. hehe. 

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »
Mine is from melissa shoes, pero wedge lang sya, na medyo motif namin.
Was planning to buy the classic heels nila kaso last pair, and medyo obvious na yung color na sinusukat talaga.
Since gusto na shoes eh yung pwede ko pa ulet gamitin after the wedding.

I was thinking na din of what to where after the firstdance, plan ko na magpalit ng mas mababa na heels or wedge pa rin.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2015, 07:03:57 am »
Sis, you may consider buying online din.. The shop on the link below has "i do" and "me too" in different colors.  The delivery charge is minimal kase they send it via registered mail (with tracking number). Here's the link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/66207752/wedding-i-do-shoe-crystal-stickers-in


Sorry sis i missed your reply. Thanks for the suggestion sis ♥

mjcaluag

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2015, 04:03:41 pm »
mine is from light in the box but I get it on 50% sale :) try nyo dun mga Sis. ok naman ang quality at dumating naman agad yung item. here's the link http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/wedding-shoes_2664 para di kayo mahirapan on your wedding day lagi nyong isuot para masanay yung mga paa nyo so that when it comes on your wedding day di na kayo mag paltos. hehe.

moana

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »
naku, hindi pa naman ako sanay sa heels. I've tried it during a pictorial session, ang hirap na. Gusto ko comfy kaya maghahanap na lang ako ng mababang takong siguro. Then I'll change to my chucks sa reception ;)

mjcaluag

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »
actually sis moana I used flat shoes on the reception they didn't notice naman kasi matangkad naman ako hehe besides, di naman ganun kahaba yung gown ko.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2015, 10:21:20 pm »
sparklingjewel, where'd you get your shoes from? They sound so comfy! :)

gelitorres

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 12:39:10 am »
You can put masking tape on the sole of your shoes so it won't get dirty for your wedding day. I think the breaking in varies per person. For me to break in a new high heeled shoe, I wear it around 1-2 hours a day in 5 days. After that, I'm already comfy with it :)

Hi sisses! For those of you who are buying new shoes for the wedding, do any of you have plans to wear them before the big day to get used to them/break them in? Mine arrived today and while I think I may need to get used to wearing them....part of me wants them to stay new and unused!! Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks sisses!

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2015, 11:32:43 am »
been lurking this thread for some time now and i've been trying on bridal shoes since. i used to think i could settle for charles and keith or aldo shoes, they are pretty affordable especially pag sale, but when i actually tried them on, OMG ang sakit sa paa! then i remembered i used to own a couple of pairs from these brands that i only wore once or twice coz nagpapaltos paa ko while wearing them. now im worried i might increase my budget for shoes to get something really comfy.

i tried on a couple of Melissa shoes na may heels, im not sure if its just a wrong fit pero its so weird walking in them, parang hindi flat sa floor and tutumba ko anytime. lol i've also been to a couple of shops mentioned here pero wala rin ako nagustuhan. didn't know its gonna ba this hard!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2015, 12:51:36 pm »
^Sis you're right! The Aldo shoes I bought to wear at a wedding were so painful!! Buti nalang at the wedding may baon akong flats and I had to change right after the ceremony because di ko kaya. And just like you Ive only worn those Aldo shoes maybe 3x max because it is just torture to wear. I even bought gel insoles pero it still hurt. The few times I wore them I had to change to flats haha.

Honestly Ive had some cheapie shoes from SM and Robinson's Dept Store that were way more comfy. But they don't last long either, but at least di naman masakit.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »
^ agree sis about the cheapie shoes! mel orlina offers free customization ng shoes if i decide to buy cheap ones to make it look better. last resort ko na 'to pag hindi talaga ko nakahanap or i'll use it as pamalit during the wedding.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2015, 04:10:54 pm »
^sis bzbee, mine are from charles and keith and they are pretty comfy.. here's the photo:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwRmGKtuimcPfnlPZXRtbm5VN1FfbnlqUXNWTWNwM3VaZEZjbDlYM3o2cWJVekFJZ3JKb00&usp=sharing

then i just changed into really cheap ones before i left the hotel otherwise id be taller than hubby hehe! unfortunately napicturan din ni gail the pangit shoes hahahaha!

dinagztm

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2015, 04:59:34 pm »
I got mine from Roland Cartier. Yung sister in law ko na nasa London, inorder nya online. Hindi ako familiar sa brand pero sobrang gusto ko yung design at hindi masyadong mataas yung heels. Gift na daw nya sakin. Sana lang talaga sakto yung size.  :D

abbeyS

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:19 pm »
Mine's from Jimmy Choo. I am a flat shoe girl pero i find it so comfy knowing its at 3 half inches

I' ll try to wear it at home to break in, ill place plastics na lang siguro sa sole part para itll look bago pa din on the wedding day.

Have tried Louboutin/Badgely pero mukhang mas ok yung style for slim feet :)

Heard SM Makati will be on sale this Aug 14 for imported brands, you may want to check also :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close