Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 80605 times)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »
^reese17 I got super excited that you've already checked out the Badgleys!! Arghh i cant wait to go shopping! Maybe sometime in the next few weekends! Nabusy lang as fiance had a tournament yesterday. Anyway, kung between 7-12k lang for Badgleys i think that is cheap na no? Retail prices are about $220-265 USD eh. Although i have seen some older designs online selling for less but i'm not really into online shopping esp on small websites. And syempre for the comfort and exact fit, better to buy something I've fitted firsthand. Targeting to have bought by August!

Has anyone spotted a Kate Spade Sala in Manila? It has a big white bow and gold glittery low heel. This is another contender but i think more expensive than Badgley Mischka.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 03:09:36 pm »
You can find really nice bridal shoes in Elisa Litz, Pazzion, and DMK.. The style varies from lace pumps, plain ivory/champagne with beaded/bejewelled embellishment, to fully studded, to sequinned, to glittery, and beaded stiletto shoes.. The price ranges from $100 to $250.. Their shoes are comfy unlike others na matigas even after breaking in.. Their bridal catalogue online is limited but they have huge selection in their stores. Not sure though if they have stores in Manila.. Other nice bridal shoes are Jimmy Choo, Valentino and Louboutin for $800 and above.. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:19:38 pm by hallerski »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 03:26:42 pm »
goodness sis, i'd feel guilty spending that much for things i couldn't even wear afterwards. i just used my old charles & keith shoes for pictorials, then changed into 'really inexpensive and distasteful 1.5" shoes' before the bridal walk. yes, the actual shoes i wore during ceremony are really UGLY hahaha but i couldn't wear the 5" heels otherwise i'd be taller than hubby.  :P :P :P

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »
I wish this thread existed before I got married! Haha.  ;D My gown designer required me to wear 4-inch heels. I am not a shoe person, I don't even like wearing heels so I had a really hard time looking for one. The husband had one custom-made for me in Marikina, but for some reason it didn't fit me well. So I had to look for another one. I bought mine for less than PHP1,500!  ;D I was super happy because it was comfortable. I only wore the heels for the ceremony and changed into studded flats for the reception. Hehe ang saya to dance and move around in that.

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:48 pm »
goodness sis, i'd feel guilty spending that much for things i couldn't even wear afterwards. i just used my old charles & keith shoes for pictorials, then changed into 'really inexpensive and distasteful 1.5" shoes' before the bridal walk. yes, the actual shoes i wore during ceremony are really UGLY hahaha but i couldn't wear the 5" heels otherwise i'd be taller than hubby.  :P :P :P

i noticed nga sis on the photo slideshow that the pictorial shoes mo and the actual shoes you wore during ceremony were different.. hehe.. pero people usually don't notice naman talaga the shoes because we're wearing long gown.  :) they'd see it na lang on the slideshows/sde.. for me, i used a 4" beaded stilleto pair kase i'm a shoe person (and bag person too).. :D
my now hubby din kase is way waaaay taller than me (6-footer) so i needed an extra height! haha.. i wore it from ceremony until reception, even when we danced the rnb/hiphop steps.. :) i love wearing high heels din kase at work and when dancing/clubbing.. as for my wedding shoes, i still use it when attending some formal events here :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:46:29 pm by hallerski »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »
haha.. true! when gail asked to take a photo while getting off the car, i realised, ooops, the shoes!! hahaha.. kasi nga i'm not planning to show those pair. the other pair, i used them talaga for photo ops lang and while getting changed. tito manny advised me to wear high heels kasi.
good on you sis hallerski, at least you can still use yours, hindi masasayang :) mine kasi wala talagang paggagamitan hihi :)

sis caleeice, bought the 2nd pair at P1499 haha, true enough, comfort lang din ang habol ko. :) if only i know na kukunan ni gail ang paglabas ko ng bridal car, i should have delayed muna yung pagpalit.  ;D ;D ;D

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »
I got mine naman from Parisian, SM Department Store hihi. Simple 3" champagne shoes lang sya for only 1k pero since I have this Belle De Jour planner with 20% discount coupon for any SM merchandise, 800 pesos na lang sya. Comfy naman and sobrang good find na sya to think na once ko lang naman sya masusuot kasi ma-flats lang talaga kong tao, sa office man or even going out. Medyo may height din kaya oks lang if nakaflats lagi:) i'm just planning to DIY "I do" and "Me Too" wordings at the back of my shoes and H2B's hihi

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2015, 04:43:40 pm »
I wish this thread existed before I got married! Haha.  ;D My gown designer required me to wear 4-inch heels. I am not a shoe person, I don't even like wearing heels so I had a really hard time looking for one.

Aww sorry sis e ngayon ko lang naisip magstart ng thread haha! Suddenly realized I'm going to have a hard time looking for my wedding shoes! Also not a shoe person. I dont want a custom shoe because i find them unreasonably expensive e hindi pa ganun kaganda quality. But im willing to splurge a bit for the wedding, for my own comfort nadin and to be used for future weddings to attend :) I am planning to get just a 2.5-3 inch heel so that I don't tower over the fiance and hopefully since it's low it also wont hurt as much that i can wear it perhaps the whole time (provided it doesnt rain--if it does, will switch to a cheaper pair for the reception hehe). I think the Badgleys maybe it, unless there is something as decent that costs less! Thanks for the suggestions hallerski but i dont know where to find those either! :s

120515

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2015, 04:46:25 pm »
You can find really nice bridal shoes in Elisa Litz, Pazzion, and DMK.. The style varies from lace pumps, plain ivory/champagne with beaded/bejewelled embellishment, to fully studded, to sequinned, to glittery, and beaded stiletto shoes.. The price ranges from $100 to $250.. Their shoes are comfy unlike others na matigas even after breaking in.. Their bridal catalogue online is limited but they have huge selection in their stores. Not sure though if they have stores in Manila.. Other nice bridal shoes are Jimmy Choo, Valentino and Louboutin for $800 and above.. :)

my shoes are from pazzion - a very sparkly pair...i love them! when i got them, they were also discounted so they only cost <$100 ;D

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 05:07:39 pm »
Sparklingjewel, the custom-made leather shoes that the husband gave me was only 2,500, but I don't know if that was a friendly rate since the MIL was friends with the owner. Hehe. They told me that there were a lot of good shoe makers in Marikina for custom-made ones :) I don't know one personally though.

The Badgelys seem like a good option! :) Hope you ladies can find the perfect ones for you! Make sure to look for one months before your wedding so you can "break it in" or at least practice wearing it before the wedding... especially for those who are not shoe/heel persons like me :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2015, 05:12:41 pm »
I got mine naman from Parisian, SM Department Store hihi. Simple 3" champagne shoes lang sya for only 1k pero since I have this Belle De Jour planner with 20% discount coupon for any SM merchandise, 800 pesos na lang sya.

sis yannuh, galing! ang mura ng nakuha mo. :)

my shoes are from pazzion - a very sparkly pair...i love them! when i got them, they were also discounted so they only cost <$100 ;D

my cousin-in-law got hers from pazzion. sg based din sya. very cute pair pero flats ata yon.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:21:20 pm by belle_v2g »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2015, 08:14:30 pm »
Sparklingjewel, the custom-made leather shoes that the husband gave me was only 2,500

But you didn't get to wear it diba kasi it didn't fit well? :(
Honestly i only know of two for custom wedding shoes-- Faire La Fete and Perfect Match-- both of which im not impressed when i saw actual output. Plus yung Faire ng friend ko, 4k each pa! Ouch, they look like 1k RTW sorry ah. Kaya i knew i wanted something not custom that way I can see the final output na. Also something more special. Parang fit na nga sa hinahanap ko yung BM. Im hoping in the coming days to find more options :)

I wish there was Pazzion here, sounds like a good option for reception shoes!

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2015, 09:14:34 pm »
hallerski, same here -- I've got to close the 12-inch height gap somehow, lol. I'm also planning to use my shoes again for formal events and date nights :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2015, 09:56:36 pm »
I am still thinking if I will bite the bullet and purchase the Badgleys. :-\ After sleeping on it, I realized I'd rather spend the money on a bag (hehe!) because I'm also afraid my shoes might get ruined in a garden setting (what if it rains?)

Will look around and see if I can find 2.5-3 in. heels that are comfortable and stylish within 5-6k. Let's see!

BTW, Dune has nice heels too!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2015, 10:55:39 pm »
I am still thinking if I will bite the bullet and purchase the Badgleys. :-\ After sleeping on it, I realized I'd rather spend the money on a bag (hehe!) because I'm also afraid my shoes might get ruined in a garden setting (what if it rains?)

Will look around and see if I can find 2.5-3 in. heels that are comfortable and stylish within 5-6k. Let's see!

BTW, Dune has nice heels too!

I've got a nice pair of Dunes ankle boot stilettos.  When I tried it on, I thought they were pretty comfortable.  But after walking in it for about half a mile, and after about 5-6 hours of dancing...  I was ready to throw in the towel  😄😄😄  My feet felt pretty much sore after. I didn't want to do it again hehhee. But I had another party to attend the week after as this was during Christmas season.  I just inserted memory foam insoles which I bought from Amazon. And I walked home great after the partying :)

The moral of the story is, it doesn't matter what shoe brand you buy as long as you can party and get jiggy in it on your special day.  Of course it helps if it looks good too. hehe. Unfortunately, sometimes the comfortable party shoes  comes with a hefty price  hehe.

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2015, 11:10:03 pm »
Unfortunately, sometimes the comfortable party shoes  comes with a hefty price  hehe.

So true, bonzaigirl! My most comfortable heels are actually from Charles and Keith but I find it so weird they don't have evening shoes lately.

I saw that Nina has good reviews but the style is so-so. I may purchase a pair as a back-up for the reception since the heels are low and no one needs to photograph that. :) Also thinking of trying Melissa. I've tried their Sky heels before and they were quite comfy. Plus the shoes smell divine :)) Easy to wash also in case they get muddied. Hehe.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:11:48 pm by reese17 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 12:16:44 am »
I am still thinking if I will bite the bullet and purchase the Badgleys. :-\ After sleeping on it, I realized I'd rather spend the money on a bag (hehe!) because I'm also afraid my shoes might get ruined in a garden setting (what if it rains?)

Will look around and see if I can find 2.5-3 in. heels that are comfortable and stylish within 5-6k. Let's see!

BTW, Dune has nice heels too!

Reese17, you made me think long and hard about the Badgleys bec i have a garden setting too and i will panic i guess if dirt gets on my BMs hahaha. I've been to Dune wala rin ako nakita. To be honest i'd be happy with a super comfy pair if i can find one for 4-6k ok na. Nina i think meron sa Shang.
BTW i actually know the distributor of Melissa pero di kami close.. Lol. Still thinking about those Lady Dragons but 18k WTF!

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 06:11:13 am »
Has anybody tried shoes from Kurt Geiger?  Although you have to really try it out, because most of their shoes are pretty lovely to look at, but it's a hit and miss on the comfort level.  Another are shoes from Zac Posen.  I've got one that's comfortable even if it's 3.5 inches high :D  They're also about a few thousand pesos  cheaper from Badgley and Mishka and a lot less from Jimmy Choo's :) :) :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:38:41 am by bonzaigirl »

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2015, 07:33:07 am »
Muntik na ako mag yes sa friend ko who wants to get me Kurt Geiger pero when i checked online sis ang narrow ng heels, feeling ko mababali ko sya pero it is pretty to look at nga. Ang sexy sa paa. Dati nag sale ang jimmy choo sa rustans, 15k yung nude pumps na 2 inches lang parang kitten heels, diko binili kasi tagal pa wedding ko. tska parang too much na sya for me. Roundtrip airfare na yun for me hehe  what about Aldo? Lagi nakasale lalo sa BGC at mga outlets. Pwede pa sabay with fiance kasi dami din pang lalaki. ☺️

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2015, 11:05:33 am »
reese, sparklingjewel -- I definitely wouldn't choose satin shoes for an outdoor wedding, but if the Badgleys you're looking at are leather I think they'd be fine. I'd pay the most attention to the material used on the heel since that's the part that's most likely to get damaged or dirty.

My shoes have glittered leather straps but the heel and back are mirror leather, so it's a little more resilient as it's treated and has a glossy finish. I'd also recommend using a protective spray like Meltonian -- I use it on all my nice shoes and bags :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close