Author Topic: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6  (Read 82000 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #440 on: June 30, 2015, 08:27:28 am »
Sis juwie, you surely will have an awesome wedding. :) I'd be looking forward to your big day too!! Hard work will be all worth it.. claim it.:) Tama si sis caleeice, give yourself a break a couple of days before the wedding. Wag gumaya sa bad habit ko of doing last minute preps wherein my manicure was done upon check in sa hotel, good thing open pa eastwood mall til 10pm!!  Hehe! :)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2015, 10:47:03 am »
Nice post sis juwie. Grabe tawa ko sa ibang parts kasi sobrang nakaka-relate ako. Looking back, pagtatawanan nyo na lang ng partner nyo lahat ng pinagdaanan nyo before, during and after your wedding day.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:47:36 am by imprincessfiona »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2015, 11:06:31 am »
Oh diba mga sis, funny and relatable yung article. I liked the STD part and the money burning part also. Also the fact that the title says it's an illustration pero yung drawing, circles lang na hindi gaanong pinag isipan pero andaming naka relate hahaha!

Thank you sis belle! ☺

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2015, 11:09:05 am »
Ganda ng shinare mo sis juwie :) hehe.  and na amuse talaga akondun sa burning money. Parang totoo nga naman. And yyng last.part, despite every difficult little thing, they didn't elope hehe. Kasi naisipan na din namin yan hehe. 😃😃😃

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #444 on: July 11, 2015, 11:16:53 pm »
Cool! Hahaha. At makailang ulit ng elope!! The best! Hahaha.  ;D

karenmaechua

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2015, 12:56:33 am »
Haha! This is so funny sis! Nasa early stage pa lang kami and I'll see kung ano ang mga dadaanan namin. hehe


I have to share this article I saw on Buzzfeed today. It reminds of all the things I've read here from past brides and brides-to-be (and of course, personal experience na rin. Gantong-ganto kami. haha!) It's too funny not to share  ;D

These Drawings Explain Planning A Wedding On A Budget
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lorynbrantz/lets-elope?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#4ldqpgp

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #446 on: July 15, 2015, 04:07:22 pm »
My benchmark is the usual budget of our friends who got married (average wedding) which is 400k-500k. So I will make sure we will not reach the 400k mark budget, should be way below that. 150+ guests kami. So far ok naman. 5 months to go. All suppliers booked. So kung may dagdag man, very little things. Di kami nagtipid sa food, reception, booze, these are what our guests will really remember. Everything else, pwede na tipirin, with matching creativity para bongga pa rin. :)

humblejowdie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #447 on: July 18, 2015, 06:04:16 am »
Hello! I'm new here and I'm helping my girlfriend plan for our wedding next year. Do you mind to share kung magkano ang expenses nyo?

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #448 on: July 18, 2015, 08:41:13 am »
^as i always say, backreading helps.
Anyway, to answer your question:  we were wed last December 2014. Spent around 650k for our wedding, including our honeymoon in Coron.  180 guests + 10 kiddie meals. We had traditional church wrdding and lunch reception in Rizal. We did not get crew meals. All suppliers ate from the buffet spread because there was more than enough food for everyone. Around half of the expenses went to food + venue rental. We did not get an event stylist. No bridal car, because I used my mom's white car. Got an OTD coordinator instead of a wedding planner because I am a "hands-on" OC bride

Again, backreading helps bro.:)

For detailed list of expenses, pm me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:43:32 am by fionaapple »

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2015, 02:07:46 pm »
Hi girls, my husband and I were married 7 yrs ago but we're (or I'm) considering renewing our vows for our 10th anniversary. I don't know na how much top suppliers cost these days but how much do you think the wedding budget should be for 150 pax if you were to have an engrandeng wedding with all the bells and whistles and the top suppliers? Hubby was asking me and I just rattled on, I dunno, 2M? 2.5M? 3M? ???

I really have no idea! I know my question is like 'how long is a piece of string?', but if you were to pick the best suppliers, best food, etc etc na, how much do you reckon everything will cost? For 150 guests :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #450 on: July 19, 2015, 02:30:39 pm »
Hi gumdrops26, it really depends on how much money you are willing to part with.  As you have said, since it seems you have a budget for 2M, I'm sure you can get most of the suppliers you want.  As one of the other girls said previously it helps to backread, and of course to do a lot of research.  Suppliers change their rates some 2x a year. As for the best suppliers, it would also be upto you, as standards and budget differ from one to another.  If you get to read the different threads, you will see that there are some budget weddings for less than 150k, and they do have some pretty good suppliers as well.  So, if you've got a budget more than that, you won't have a problem.  :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:33:50 pm by bonzaigirl »

msdianne

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #451 on: July 19, 2015, 02:41:59 pm »
What I budgeted is 1.8M-2M max na for 250-300 guests. I will take in consideration ️food, photo, video and entertainment kaya umabot ng ganun. The rest mid range na.

My friends wedding 1.2M for the same guest number all mid range to low end. But okay din yung wedding.

It all depends on how you budget and yung capable of paying without breaking in your bank or wala ka na savings :)

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #452 on: July 19, 2015, 02:48:45 pm »
^^bonzaigirl, we don't have a budget *yet* kasi nga we don't know na how much suppliers cost these days. I read the thread, thank you :) pero it doesn't really say how much, for example, Dino Lara's, or Lito Sy's rate is. When we got Dino for our wedding, 100k na sya nun, who knows now? My point is, we're basically going in blind, we don't even have a rough idea how much coordinators charge or wedding gowns cost these days :o

^thanks! I definitely agree kelangan may savings pa rin after :)

thanks ladies! At least I have a ball park figure na

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #453 on: July 19, 2015, 02:57:00 pm »
I think my budget will balloon, the longer I plan this wedding lol

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #454 on: July 19, 2015, 04:44:01 pm »
^^bonzaigirl, we don't have a budget *yet* kasi nga we don't know na how much suppliers cost these days. I read the thread, thank you :) pero it doesn't really say how much, for example, Dino Lara's, or Lito Sy's rate is. When we got Dino for our wedding, 100k na sya nun, who knows now? My point is, we're basically going in blind, we don't even have a rough idea how much coordinators charge or wedding gowns cost these days :o

Hi gumdrops! Before fiance and I settled on our wedding budget, I had to first ask around for midrange supplier quotations so we could get a good estimate of how much we needed to spend and if this wasn't too much and we still had significant savings and all then it's a go. We settled on P1.6M initially for 200 pax but over the course of planning, there were more "wants" that we didn't anticipate in the earlier budget, including better tier of suppliers for some items, and a costly prenup. So in the end the budget was extended to P2M so we could give in to these wants (with fiance and I still shouldering only the 1.6 thanks to my generous FMIL :) ). To date we're actually just at 1.85M (about 80-90% booked) so the balance is for contingency na. I think we will end at 1.9-1.95M since we might take up an offer to upgrade our reception styling hehe.

I think the budget setting worked out well for us this way kasi we are the type of couple who won't compromise din naman too much just to stay within a budget of 1M or what. But take note my suppliers are mostly midrange. So i think you can get your fancy 150 pax wedding for P2-2.5M pero all high end suppliers :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:09:04 pm by sparklingjewel »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #455 on: July 19, 2015, 05:50:16 pm »
I think my budget will balloon, the longer I plan this wedding lol

Hehe. That happens to a lot of us sis.  ;D However, when you start computing all that you've spent so far, you'll learn how to control yourself and minimize expenses. When brides start planning, it seems like we want everything nice that we see on blogs and sites like Pinterest. Hehe. Later on, we all learn to lessen expenses for non-essential items. Good luck sis and enjoy the preps! :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #456 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:23 pm »
Gumdrops, are we looking at year 2018 here for your renewal? if you wanted to settle with full high end suppliers then 2.5M i guess should be ok for 150 pax. :) just make sure you do your budgeting properly when that time comes. :)

Megantaur, i know sis, it is hard to stay within your budget diba, recheck your items from time to time and see which one you really "need", there are certain things kase na we want that are not worth splurging at all. Sabi nga ni pastor nung counselling namin, hindi kailangang gumastos ng malaki para sa kasal--which made me re-think our gastos haha! #guilty. Prioritising is the key, sis. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #457 on: July 19, 2015, 06:25:54 pm »
Hehe. That happens to a lot of us sis.  ;D However, when you start computing all that you've spent so far, you'll learn how to control yourself and minimize expenses. When brides start planning, it seems like we want everything nice that we see on blogs and sites like Pinterest. Hehe. Later on, we all learn to lessen expenses for non-essential items. Good luck sis and enjoy the preps! :)

Agree with this! While we overspent for and added a lot of non-essential comforts we made sure to scrimp on the items that we dont care about! I'm such an ironic bride haha. Overall i think we brides tend to spend more than we wanted to but we also couldnt take rin naman na hindi gandahan yung one and only wedding natin, lol. At least masaya tayo lahat :D

maukris

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #458 on: July 19, 2015, 10:11:47 pm »
Agree with this! While we overspent for and added a lot of non-essential comforts we made sure to scrimp on the items that we dont care about! I'm such an ironic bride haha. Overall i think we brides tend to spend more than we wanted to but we also couldnt take rin naman na hindi gandahan yung one and only wedding natin, lol. At least masaya tayo lahat :D

Check ka dyan sis, we spent more than the budget, yung mga bagay na sa tingin natin mag add value and life sa wedding.
Yung kahit anong tipid mo, ang mahal pa rin. :D
Kahit anong dagdag bawas, sobra pa rin talaga sa budget.
Minsan i want to think na lang that fiance wants give me the best we can afford and sasabihin nya na, if set ka na dyan, sige yan na tayo.  ;D

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #459 on: July 20, 2015, 12:38:14 am »
Thanks for the advises lovelies. Believe me I have used excel for my budget, cut off the things I want and unnecessary suppliers. And even removed some guests in my list LOL

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close