Author Topic: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6  (Read 82129 times)

120515

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #340 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:17 am »
belle_v2g, i totally loved the manifesto, i bookmarked the page so i can check it from time to time to keep myself on track ;D

chili1113, oh no, that was not a very nice thing for him to say...big big hug to you!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #341 on: April 30, 2015, 03:39:44 pm »
thanks bzbee and 120515!!! Yes perhaps he said that to me because we were arguing and I was majorly nagging already. But still I got offended by that especially since I was really working hard on not spending all of the budget he gave, and contributing to the expenses so that he can keep some of the money. I guess he got fed up also when I told him " From now on, Ill quit trying to save money, and just have fun spending the budget." Hehe napikon ata.

belle_v2g:  Super love the manifesto!! especially this part... "Your guests will love you even if your stationery doesn't match your linens; if they don't, you're inviting the wrong people."

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:49:10 pm by Chili1113 »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #342 on: April 30, 2015, 04:52:58 pm »
Chili1113 hopefully maging maayos na kayo ni fiancé lalo na ang guest list nya. :) you guys still have one year, you can do it.

rightback

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2015, 05:03:04 pm »
while reading this thread i realized I forgot to include budget for the honeymoon plus the despedida de soltera. we're nearing 700k from the original 550k since i forgot to include the rings and the hotel. super obvious the priorities were in the food and p/v hehe. so i guess it only means one thing..OT pa more and keep working on holidays  :D

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2015, 06:35:44 pm »
Despedida de soltera, usually bride/couple ba ang sagot nito?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #345 on: April 30, 2015, 06:55:16 pm »
sis juwie: usually it is the side of the bride  or her family the hosts the despedida de soltera =) hehe but if ever this is one of those things I plan to skip to save money. Just the way we are skipping prenup photo and video hehe

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #346 on: April 30, 2015, 08:40:58 pm »
Despedida de soltera, usually bride/couple ba ang sagot nito?

No sis.. The ones who organized should be the ones paying. My friends (girls & guys) organized a bridal shower for me last week, sila ang nag-organize at sumagot ng lahat. All they needed was my presence. My girl friends organized another bridal shower for me, sila din ang sagot. I feel my family is also organizing a bridal shower for me.. I think gusto nila ako i-surprise kaya wala sila nababanggit, kaso nararamdaman ko na ang plan nila.. Lol
For me sis, kung ako lang din naman ang gagastos at mag-o-organize for my bridal shower for myself just for the sake of having one, eh kahit hindi na lang siguro.. I believe na kusang loob tong binibigay satin of those people who really care about giving us a memorable singles night before we get married :)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #347 on: April 30, 2015, 11:58:22 pm »
is there a difference between bridal showers and despedida de soltera? lol. if they are different, then i've only organized/attended bridal showers. and no, the bride doesn't pay for anything. even bachelor's party, libre din ang groom. depende nalang sa friends niyo kung gaano sila ka-generous for the party, but its still fun either way.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2015, 01:05:08 am »
Oh I thought despedida de soltera is different. The ones Ive attended are usually intimate dinner parties with just very close friends and entourage, and usually hosted by the family of the bride.Some even have speeches with matching string quartet hehe I always thought of the despidida de soltera as the Philippine version of a the US wedding dinner rehearsal


I think wedding showers are more casual and have games and opening of gifts. There is no opening of gifts in a despedida de  soltera.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:32:45 am by Chili1113 »

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:36 am »
^ sounds cool! i really didn't know if it was different and that there is such a party. none of my friends/family had this... or i just wasn't invited. lol

simang

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #350 on: May 01, 2015, 02:59:08 am »
Oh I thought despedida de soltera is different. The ones Ive attended are usually intimate dinner parties with just very close friends and entourage, and usually hosted by the family of the bride.Some even have speeches with matching string quartet hehe I always thought of the despidida de soltera as the Philippine version of a the US wedding rehearsal dinner.


I think wedding showers are more casual and have games and opening of gifts. There is no opening of gifts in a despedida de  soltera.

Ganito din idea ko sa despedida de soltera. Although technically sa bridal showers, same yung thought, pero in practice this is what i know too. Para syang rehearsal dinner hosted by the bride's family. I remember si Saab Magalona yata yung nakita kong ganito din yung practice -- iba pa yung bridal shower with friends.

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #351 on: May 01, 2015, 07:26:09 am »
Haven't attended both. Sana mag organize ang mga girlfriends ko for me. hihi. sounds exciting ♥

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2015, 07:47:35 am »
They have different practice here too with regards to bridal showers/despedida de soltera. They call it a hen's party. the maid of honor and bridesmaids organizes the party but the bride is also involved in the planning and that's what me and my moh will be doin. :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2015, 07:59:57 am »
Ahh I see. Thank you mga sisses for clarifying! Kaya I wondered why kasama sa budget yun ni sis rightback. Wala sa plan ko/namin ang despidida de soltera, however, we're hosting a formal dinner with all our PS plus our parents, to officially ask/invite/welcome them and that will be coming from our wedding budget ☺

rightback

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2015, 09:26:36 am »
Despedida de Soltera is the send off party for the bride from the bride's family. I think that's the more traditional one and we adopted the western way of bridal showers. Not so sure about this one. Usually its families lang for both sides, entourage and PS, and for some they include their out of town guests.

And yes usually the bride gives her speech here and hopefully my sisters will be nice enough to make an AVP for me. Probably let my ninongs have their speeches here para dad ko na lang during the wedding itself.

What I like about it though is our families get a chance to know each other on a more "personal" level. Parang ang formal kasi during pamanhikan or nagkakahiyaan pa. It also seems nice kasi its really spending it with your family and being able to sit down, talk and eat. Pag wedding na kasi parang wala na lahat yun. And bridal showers are the best way to let loose hehe. And tama si sis chilli1113 no opening of gifts. In fact parang walang gift nga.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2015, 11:38:57 am »
Good luck Sparklingjewel on your prenup shoot!! =) enjoy!!!

BUT now... I REGRET ever offering to contribute paying for my gown, styling, and entourage gowns which will cost around 600k. Because I feel that di naman appreciated yon ni H2B. He even told me when we last argued: "I never asked you to contribute to the expenses" So OK... now what I plan to do is to really downgrade EVERYTHING we havent booked yet. And aside from my gown I dont plan to pay for anything else anymore.

The problem is our guest list is expanding, and of course I will really have a much simpler wedding. But  Im at a point where I dont care anymore. I am not after to impress anyone with a freaking wedding.

OMG Chili1113 :( Well, it looks like he doesn't care so much about the savings nga because you guys can more than afford it... still, not nice to say that. I hope you guys will sort things out!

I'm back na from the prenup hehe 4 days of travelling and shooting! Somewhat exhausting esp under the scorching sun but i just know it will be worth it hehe so go parin :) Team was very happy with what they captured, mga 30-60% more material daw than their usual prenup.. around 60gb umabot so they're going to need a longer time to select the best shots to use haha cant waiiit!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2015, 01:10:11 pm »
sparklingjewel: Oh my I am so excited for you!!!! =) =) I am sure all the planning and travelling will be worth it when the video is out. Plus the two of you are such a beautiful couple I am sure excited and inspired di sila Treehouse to shoot the two of you. Whew after this... next big shoot is the wedding na! Hehe


yannuh

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2015, 06:21:35 am »
^share some pics sis sparklingjewel:)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2015, 08:17:10 am »
^yannuh wala akong official pics, since it was just a video prenup :) Sorry if off-topic.
We just had them shoot a few pics of us after kahit they dont do photos hehe we'll post some eventually, share ko nalang soon. Chili1113 im just happy to have survived with just a HMUA and video team tagging along, no stylist! Di naman na nahalata, gulat sila actually i have so many outfits prepared haha. Ang mahirap talaga is making sure the snacks & drinks (in cooler) and ice stocks are ample all the time kasi 3 cars/vans kami and over 3 days sya.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:22:53 am by sparklingjewel »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2015, 12:19:06 pm »
sparklingjewel, wow, what a production! I'm sure the results will be amazing :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close