Anyway I've been wanting to see someone about our relationship since the cheating incident. Gusto ko mapagusapan namin ng maayos, if that'll help him, ilabas na nya sa system nya. Sana pumayag sya. I have a feeling hindi sya papayag and magagalit lang sya.
I guess you're thinking that the reason why he's acting this way towards you is because of the cheating incident which happened when you were stil bf-gf. You broke up with him because of the guilt you felt, yet he pursued you still, wooed you to marriage, promised you it won't get in the way. But to your dismay it didn't happen.
I didn't reply to your thread. But let me share some of my opinions.
Based from my observation, these are the common behavioral reactions of betrayed partners.
1. Betrayed partners will continually badger you of the infidelity details as if they're collecting pieces of puzzle to fit in a bigger picture. Some of them want to know the whole infidelity story.
2. At times, S/He wil get mad at you, flipped out of the mood, or be hot tempered because of the flashbacks, and you will be at the receiving end.
3. You might feel that you've lost the freedom as s/he wants to know your whereabouts because of his/her hypervigilance and overpowering fear.
Common occurrences yan. But if you might be thinking na all his behaviors are because he hasn't moved on yet, you do still have a reason to think that way.
However, from another angle, based on what you said from your previous post:
- But now everytime we argue he would bring the past back. He would tell me he couldn't and doesn't trust me. That he knows I will cheat again because to him that's who I am, a cheater. Even the smallest things escalate and boil down to that issue.
-Sobrang sakit lang na kahit mga maliit na bagay lumalaki dahil sa nagawa ko noon. Feeling ko wala na akong karapatang magalit sa kanya dahil may nagawa akong sobrang sama noon. Naiintindihan ko na nagaalala lang sya na baka maulit pero kailangan ba talagang maging full blown na awayan? Ano pa bang magagawa ko para mapatunayang hindi ko na gagawin yun?
-He would use the past against me and I feel like I don't have the right to fight back. Minsan iniisip ko sana hindi na lang nya ako pinakasalan kung hindi pa sya nakakapag move on.
I get this impression that he is using your past infidelity to get the upper-hand. It's like it's his ace. So pag may ginawa syang ikagagalit mo, at magagalit ka na, he would then turn the table on you, at isusumbat nya on your face na niloko mo sya once upon a time nung mag-bf-gf kayo. Di ka pwede magalit, niloko mo sya dati eh, lagi nya gagamitin yun sayo, kahit na kumain ka na ng bubog para patunayang you've always been faithful ever since. Baka after 10 years pambala nya pa rin yan sayo.
Now you've decided that you will exhaust all your effort to improve your marriage and even yourself which includes marriage counseling, and it's good. But when all is said and done, and you've come to the end of the rope, and you still don't get his behavior despite being crowned The Most Understanding Wife, remember to refer back to these signs, and I'm going to type it one last time:
1. using your past cheating as his upper hand on you.
2. overjealousy even with girlfriend from your post here:
Do I have a seloso partner? Yes. Kahit bestfriend kong girl pinagseselosan my God! Nag seselos sya pag matagal kami magkasama ni bestfriend. Kinukuha daw nya time ko. And malala pa pinaghinalaan pa akong may relations sa bestfriend ko kasi one time nag hang out kami then nung pauwi na nag beso beso kami ni bff pero same direction kami kaya accidentally nag tama lips namin. Ayun my hubby then bf would never let me forget about that incident. Tinatawanan ko na lang sya eh. Haha
3. silent treatment for how many days from your post here:
Nako nakakabaliw yang silent treatment na yan. Favorite weapon si hubby yan. Ako gusto ko pinaguusapan yung mga bagay bagay. Sya kahit sino man ang may kasalanan silent treatment parin ang abot ko.
in fairness naman after nun magsosorry na sya and magbabati na kami. Yun lang hindi ko alam kung gano katagal hihintayin ko. Minsang hours minsan days. Depende sa mood nya hindi sa pinagawayan namin
4. deliberately hurting you emotionally (ie sending you a stripper video)
5. a cycle of harmony when you're treated as special and then you're treated a crap.
You might not digest this or believe it right now, but it may come handy in the future if your relationship did not improve. By the time when you've done everything and poured all that you can, and still this cycle continued, I hope you would tell yourself, "This is it."
I didn't choose to dwell on this post alone as it barely tells the whole story.
onestly baka ako pa nga ang ma hot seat kung mag ccouples therapy kami eh. I was the cheater. I was the abusive one. Kahit noon pa yun I'm sure lalabas yun and I understand. Mali ko naman kasi talaga eh. If we we re to enumerate all the bad things we've done, masmahaba list ko and may red ink pa.
Oh erza, you're so quick to take the bullet. Telling yourself that you're the the abusive one, putting a label on you na you're 'the cheater.' Mag-sink in sayo yan. Just keep on doing your best. You are not perfect, and basing from your scattered posts here, I think that you've been doing your best even participating on the thread things you appreciate about your partner.
You may wonder how I came up with these signs, I'm having my formal training in psychology and doing self-study on marriage and family. I even went as far as to collecting and compiling all the personal accounts/stories of abused wives on this forum and from other forums on the net.
But at the end of the day, these will remain as opinions in your eyes, until the time that you yourself could either confirm it or disprove it. I'm not saying it with finality but an option you could consider to think about in the future.