Author Topic: INFANT FORMULA Thread 2  (Read 48853 times)

hakunamatata

• Junior GirlTalker
INFANT FORMULA Thread 2
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:18 pm »
hi mommies ask ko lang how do you switch from infant formula to another infant formula.do you switch agad agad or are there steps?

Enfalac user here and would want to switch to Hipp due to milk rashes
...when you find your path, you must not be afraid.You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes.

Javvy820

• Probationary
Re: INFANT FORMULA Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:27:03 pm »
Hello mommies , SIMILAC Gain plus user here , tanong ko lang if may experience ba kayo ng purple or minsan yellow orange residue sa bote?? Kasi nun una kala ko dahil luma na bottle tapos bumili ako bagong set ganun pa din :(  matagal na ko gumagamit nun pero this batch lang nangyari sa kin :( twins baby ko nakakatakot kasi

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:15:06 pm »
I would think you can just switch without any preparations, the same way we can switch from breast milk to formula.  I am now mix feeding with NANW1
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:27:31 pm »
Mixed feeding din ang baby ko, breast milk and S26.

Gusto ko sana breastmilk lang, kaya lang paunti ng paunti supply ko :'(
Life for me now is Eat, Pray, LOVE!

Thanks be to God for my loving husband and for my beautiful daughter. I am one lucky gal! ♥♥♥

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 02:35:22 pm »
My baby wont drink nan hw2. He just turned 6 months and we've been exclusively breastfeeding. Actually i have enough supply naman. When i introduced solids I also wanted him to try different milk, ayaw talaga. Took a sip and pushed the bottle away. How did you introduce formula to your baby?
*dont buy anything you can get for free*

Len0523

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Keep Calm & Use Manners
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:32 am »
Give it to him when he's actually hungry.
"Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth"

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:09 pm »
Tried it this morning for his first feed of the day.Ayaw talaga. Hahaha imagine he's been sleeping for 10 hours already tapos i gave him a bottle of formula and i tried multiple times ayaw talaga.Sabi ng pedia ko baka ayaw niya ng nanhw kasi panget daw talaga taste ng hydrolized protein, will try nan pro and different other brands. Kahit umabot pa ako ng 1 year mag breastfeeding i have to eventually start introducing some other kind of milk to him.

gwyne21

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 01:42:51 pm »
hi mommies ask ko lang how do you switch from infant formula to another infant formula.do you switch agad agad or are there steps?

Enfalac user here and would want to switch to Hipp due to milk rashes

hi sis... sa baby namin what we did is gradual. example, nakaka-8 bottles sa isang araw si baby.. sa day 1, 6 bottles sa old then 2 bottles new formula. day 2 naman ay 4 bottles old formula then 4 sa new formula. day 3 naman 6 sa new and 2 sa old. day 4, puro new formula na... nagpalit ako ng milk from lactose free to normal formula (enfa).. nahiyang naman si baby sa enfalac a+ .. ganun pinagawa sa amin ng pedia.

Sa case mo na due to milk rashes, baka ibang way dapat (maybe palit agad lahat??)..i think best to ask your pedia..

belle4beauty

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 08:47:42 am »
@ sis Beng01 same tayo mixed feeding with s26. I use the gold variant. Bakit kumokonti breastmilk mo? Ako naman once or twice lang nagbibigay ng formula kay baby. Usually kapag nasa labas na mahirap magbreastfeed or sa gabi kapag gusto ko mas mahaba ang tulog niya.
"Love like there is no tomorrow---this is the essence of our life"

badsenyorita

• Probationary
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 06:04:19 pm »
Im planning din to switch brand.my baby is using alacta but but im not convince with the nutrients fact after reading the label..im planning to switch to enfalac .may nutrients good for the brain daw kasi

marianne1413

• GIRL SURVIVOR!
  • Sexy Mysterious...
    • yanyan
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 06:36:44 pm »
I started mixed feeding a week after birth because my milk supply is not enough to sustain my baby's hunger. Enfalac A+ ang recommended ng pedia. My baby is now over 2months, stopped BF already, ok naman growth nya in length and weight with his formula. The only problem we encountered are the baby rashes. My pedia advised us to change to ISomil, soy based milk, kasi baka nasa cow allergy ang rashes ni baby, but thru research, natakot ako sa hormonal effect ng soya milk, kaya itinuloy na lang namin ang enfalac, used corticortisoid and cetaphil sa rashes, until kuminis ulit si baby. Ok pa rin kay baby ngayon ang enfalac.
It was You who first believed...in all that i was made to be.
It was You... looking in my eyes... you held my hand and showed me life...
and i'll never be the same,
"SINCE YOU FIRST BELIEVED!!!"

Mwah!

Len0523

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Keep Calm & Use Manners
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 01:18:07 pm »
Sa s26 super hiyang si baby. Grabe yung inilaki at itinaba nya. 4 months sya at 8kilos na. Nung pinanganak ko sya, 2.5 kilos.  :o
"Truth sounds like hate to those who hate truth"

Priceless

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »
Thankfully, my son was/is never picky with his milk pati na rin when we started giving him solids. He likes his vegetables and fish very much too.

I BFed him for 1 year & 2 months, sa tulong na rin ng natalac at fenugreek supplements. During this 1 year and 2 months, I must admit, siguro 20% of the time he was given formula, either dahil kulang ang na-stock ko na BM and I was traveling, or talagang madaliang pangangailangan but walang available na BM.

We've used NAN HA, Karihome (goat's milk), S26 Gold, Aptamil, Pediasure etc. Lahat gusto, wala namang inayawan si baby. Ang matagal nyang nagamit (at ginagamit pa rin up to now) is S26Gold and Aptamil. Pero since ang Aptamil is only available in the UK, pag naubos na ang stash namin at hindi pa ako makabili ulit, I switch him back to S26Gold.

I will start introducing him to fresh milk soon, he's had it before but not a full bottle pa.

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »
hi sis Priceless, I admire you for BFing you son for more than a year, atleast I know you tried kasi you took supplements pa to boost your supply. BF journey is never easy, and you never gave up as long as na may milk ka kahit minsan nagkukulang supply mo, you still prioritize giving breastmilk to your baby.

Ako we started to mix feed when my baby's 2mons, doon unti unti humina supply ko, to the point na I have to take meds for a week and as doctor's advice i need to pump & dump dahil madedede ni baby yung meds, kaya for a week nag 100% formula siya. Now my dilema is mas gusto na nya dumede sa bottle at umiiyak everytime I offer my breast. I have no choice but to pump my milk at isalin sa feeding bottle para madede niya.

My baby's formula milk is s26.

Thanks be to God for my loving husband and for my beautiful daughter. I am one lucky gal! ♥♥♥

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 02:29:23 pm »
hi sis belle4beauty, kumonti milk ko kasi nag medication ako for a week, mas less frequent yung pump ko kasi i needed to pump & dump my breastmilk dahil bawal madede ni baby.

Priceless

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 02:49:25 pm »
^Beng01, I actually had episodes when my milk output was so low talaga and what I did was to take more Fenugreek and Natalac. In fact kahit na ayaw na ayaw ko sana ang fenugreek kasi it resulted in body odor, di bale nalang, I just increased the frequency of my showers. And likewise from the 3rd month on, I never directly BFed na, it was purely pumped milk. I went back to work full time, which meant that it was so much easier for me and baby to have him drink from the bottle na.

So yes, BFing through purely pumping is definitely possible!

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »
Wow, nakakainspire ka sis Priceless! Super tiyaga mo, akala ko malungkot na yung sitwasyon ko at ayaw na dumede ni baby sakin, kaya nagpa pump na lang ako.

Tiyagaan lang talaga sis no? Ok from now on, kahit ayaw na ni baby sa breasts ko, magpa pump na lang din ako for her ;D

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:59 pm »
Beng1

Ok lang yan, my milk supply went down narin so I am mixed feeding my baby.  For some reason, he still likes to latch.  Feeling ko lang konti narin talaga milk ko so when he cries in the middle of the night, hubby will prepare formula na which is NAN HW1.  In between, I would give him my milk para wag naman maconstipate.
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

sweetsmyl

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Just Breathe
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 05:59:15 pm »
Started with S26, not ok with the stool saka may rhinitis siya so we switched to Nan hw one(first few months lang ok ang poops)... Nung nag 1 yr switched to Hipp... Now bought Progress Gold, ayaw niya..hinahagis ang bottle...pero pag tinimplahan ko ulit ng Hipp, yun iniinom niya. So, prob with the poops pa rin kahit nagpapapaya, apple juice etc siya. Enfagrow ok? hayy nasayang ang progress gold.
Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

vain_kixie

• Super GirlTalker
  • * shoe addict*
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:18 pm »
Sis yung hipp ba a little bit on the sweet side? How do i know baby is hiyang on formula? I tried promil on my baby and his poopie (sorry tmi) looks like mashed potato, is that too hard? He's taking solids too.

Also whats the diff between the 0-6 months formula and 6-12 months follow up formula? Pwede ba not to change milk and use the 0-6 months till baby reaches 12 months? 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close