Author Topic: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception  (Read 23685 times)

barbillie

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2015, 04:18:47 pm »
I think the money dance is not originally part of the program, tapos idinagdag na lang. Kaya siguro di prepared yung mga guests, relatives, sponsors etc. Na-sad lang ako for the couple. Anyways, they looked happy naman after the reception/program, so I guess di na sila nagdwell masyado dun. 

jonapee

  • Guest
Prosperity/Money Dance on Wedding Reception
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2015, 10:46:09 am »
Yung mom at grandma ko kasi gusto may prosperity dance kami during our wedding. Ganun kasi tradition sa province namin (Naga, Camarines Sur), at para di magtampo sakin ang mom at grandma ko, gagawin namin sa wedding ko yun kahit na beach wedding at marami kaming foreigner guest.

Hello mga sis, anyone who did or planning to do Prosperity/Money Dance on their wedding?
or may gumagawa pa rin ba nito sa wedding?

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Prosperity/Money Dance on Wedding Reception
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2015, 10:48:01 am »

jonapee

  • Guest
Re: Prosperity/Money Dance on Wedding Reception
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2015, 10:50:06 am »
^thank sis.  :)

28Leslie

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 01:14:23 am »
I just want to share our experience

when we planned our wedding, I am certain that I won't do money dance kasi feeling ko nga nanghihingi ng pera sa guest on the spot and pinaghandaan at nakapag save naman kami. naka-note na din naman sa invitation na money yung preferred gift. By that time my my now husband has an opposite idea and VERY strong feeling to do money dance kasi additional daw sa savings (and kuripot in a good way sya, lol!). inabot kami ng 2 months, kaka explain nya why we have to do it and here are his points:

1. prosperity dance is accepted in the Philippines
2. our foreign friends will experience a different culture
3. it won't be a hassle to our guest to find and bring a gift or visit our registry
4. we will save a lot
5. we can invest the money in stocks ( good point )
6. It's a fun activity for our guest ( he said, imagine if you're the one giving a gift and you know it will make a promise into reality, what would you feel? )
7. it's just a process of giving and receiving since marami kaming friends na single, eventually we will return the favor
8. we will have additional fund to share in the charity

So, I eventually agreed to have the dance. I'm really nervous before our host announce it. Praying like: God, why did I agree about this, please help us... ( haha! nakakatawa nalang pag naaalala ko. ) Our coordinator put a sash and he even gave ampao to our guests. Thankfully, game naman yung mga tao sa event. The gift amounted to almost 40% of our wedding cost. That's really huge, beyond expectation, hindi ako nakatulog. kahit yung mga officemates ko naligayahan sila. :D

I eventually learned that our coordinator told to our college friend's table na sila mauna para hindi maghintayan. good thinking on his part.

just some points and learnings on my part, iba iba talaga kung pano yung thinking ng mga tao. like me, I think nung una it's not okay but majority of the people and base na din dun sa outcome nung activity it's okay. your guests will not judge you just because sumayaw kayo ng 5-10 minutes.

Depende pa rin yun sa ikakasal kung gusto nyong gawin or hindi. If you decided to do it, dapat na-relay ng maayos sa mga guest nyo yung activity para ready sila. lastly, be thankful dun sa outcome kahit anong mangyari.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:16:15 pm by 28Leslie »

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »
I'm glad your money dance turned out well 28Leslie. And wow, 40% of the wedding budget is a lot na ha! :) For h2b and I naman, since ilalagay na namin sa invites na we prefer monetary gifts, we won't be doing a money dance na. Parang overkill if we do a money dance then say we prefer cash gifts. But magpapalagay pa rin ako ng gift table kasi there are guests who still give non-monetary wedding gifts.

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2015, 06:06:13 pm »
Wow, sis leslie laki ng nakuha nyo sa money dance. :) i have to agree on you na nasa thinking talaga yan ng mga tao on how they will view the money dance. Kami, we won't be having money dance sa reception namin, but really, i have nothing against it. We'll be having a second reception in batangas (h2b's hometown). Nabanggit na din ng mga sis dito yung about 'sabugan' and we're having that on our 2nd reception. I've attended a lot of weddings na din in Batangas with this tradition, and I'm okay with it kasi mukhang enjoy naman ang mga tao. Request kasi ng parents h2b for their relatives na hindi daw makaka attend.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 06:30:09 pm »
hehe sorry! I just find it so uncomfortable to even watch a money dance. Haha but anyway I haven't seen an actual money dance since I was a very small kid in the 80s. I saw it once and that was it. I am just SO happy that I haven't attended a single wedding with a money tradition in over 25 years! Hehe my friends and family would disown me if I ever did this in my wedding hehe
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:46:21 pm by Chili1113 »

FutureMrsU

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2015, 11:55:31 pm »
I guess it depends on where majority of your guests are from. I hosted a friend's wedding before (as a favor) and they had it in the program, so I had to announce and watch through the whole money dance. It was, frankly, very uncomfortable to be there. It was my first and only time to witness such a tradition.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2015, 12:04:48 am »
Hehe i so agree. Maybe it's viewed differently in the provinces sanay sila ganon pero here in Manila i have not seen a couple do this. So uncomfortable not just for the couple but for the guests too that you're asking for more money on top of the gifts. Magbibigay naman yung mga gustong magbigay eh, but you don't need to lose your dignity for it.

To be honest, I'm also not keen on the money dance tradition because to me it sends the message that the couple is asking for cash upfront. If you're not financially prepared to start married life, it might be better to have a simpler wedding (so you don't enter marriage in debt) or wait until you can afford it.

A friend of mine simply did not state that she had a registry or asked cash in her invitations, so we all assumed the couple wanted monetary gifts. I think that was the most subtle way to indicate your preference.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »
We didn't do the money dance although we have guests who expressed their interest to do such! Haha.. I told them ooops you cannot make sabit because I requested the video team to shoot the choreographed dance ng malinis.  No one did anyway.

We didn't asked for monetary gifts though we indicated on the invites that "something we could bring back to Au" so I think we received 6 gifts and the rest money na. some had their money converted to aud and other currencies too.

We actually don't mind kahit walang magbigay, that time kase all we wished for is the presence of our loved ones.. :)

thekitchenbride

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:54 pm »
Just want to share our experience.. we only learned about this after the wedding through my grandparents.. During the reception we opt to have our dance choreographed, all along our guests pala are waiting for their chance to pin money on us. I don't really like the money dance, gusto pala nila since madaming galing from the province. :)

hunny

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 08:05:40 pm »
I'm omitting this from our reception because I'm not comfortable doing this. We don't want our guests to think that we're soliciting money kasi.  I attended a wedding wherein the couple initiated a money dance and the guests were not expecting it, so pilit na pilit.  Most uncomfortable 10 minutes of the reception program kasi the emcee kept on announcing, "If there are any more guests who wish to donate, this is the time to be generous..." Yikes!

yn061515

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 09:47:34 pm »
the money dance is a popular wedding tradition here in Pinas, its not only in Batangas but in other provinces as well.

the wedding hosts do this as part of tradition, not just for the money, and people should respect that. if you dont understand the tradition then dont do it.

Exactly  :)

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2016, 04:04:20 am »
How do people know that you're doing a money dance? Do you put it on the invitation "in lieu of gift please participate in the prosperity dance"? Or word of mouth lang?

My uncle wants me to do a money dance pero medyo awkward.

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2016, 06:08:13 am »
^It is usually announced by the emcee. For the two weddings I've attended in Manila, the emcee announced that the traditional prosperity dance will be next so that the guests will know.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:41:20 am by exquisitegem »

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2016, 06:38:26 am »
Worry ko kasi they will buy a gift or give us an envelope tapos may money dance pa. Mukhang gift grab...

exquisitegem

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:35 am »
^I've read an article sa TheKnot. If you have foreign guests daw, somebody will mention that it's part of Filipino tradition. So probably the emcee na lang yung magmemention nun. Tas may belief naman why naging part ng tradition, kasi it's like a symbol that there will be a downpour of blessings. Kasi yung iba, hindi sabit, parang sinasabog nila yung money sa couple while dancing. If you read articles, even in some part of Europe and America, part ito ng wedding.

They won't be feeling obliged naman kung yung iba hindi sanay sa ganito. Kasi yung tita ko na nagninang sa kasal, hindi na nagsabit sa pinsan ko during their money dance kasi may envelope na syang nakaprepare na ibibigay.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:10:07 am by exquisitegem »

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2016, 09:42:15 am »
Because of this i think we'll do a money dance na din.

fvzdeleon

  • Guest
Re: Money Dance on your Wedding Reception
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:36 am »
Hi mga sis! Malaking tulong ang money dance during weddings. Not just because it symbolizes blessings for the couple pero nakakatulong talaga siya sa start up ng mag-asawa. Kahit pa isa-isang daan lang ilagay ng guests, keribels na! Kami ni hubby, nabalik namin lahat ng binayad sa suppliers on the day. siguro mga 20k din yun.  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close