We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
I am from Batangas and yes I have attended so many weddings, actually all of it yata has SABUGAN. My ate even had one. Malaki din actually nagagastos ng bride and groom dito kasi before the wedding they have to give the principal sponsors something na magiging basis naman nila on how much they would give them on the wedding day. The more expensive the value is the more pressured the ninongs and ninangs to give high amounts. Like sa ate ko they had like 5 pairs of sponsors. They gave each of them half of a pig, fruits, kakanin and cake. If I remember correctly each got 40 kilos at least. and it's literally half ng katawan ng baboy. On the day naman mejo pressure sa both sides since bawat money na binibigay is separated depende kung kaninong relatives. I think the main purpose is para lumaki yung amount. This is literally asking for money and they don't hide that fact kasi it is being done as "unang hanapbuhay ng magasawa" as the announcer will always say.I dont find it nakakahiya kasi tradition naman iyon. Unless wala sa inyo ang taga Batangas kahit isa. I wont have it on my wedding though or put monetary gift requests on my invite. As for money dance I dont want it as well kaso hubby would like to have one since all his relatives are from the US and he wants them to experience it. But I dont know, baka or hindi.. Pero wala naman masama sa money dance and I dont find couples preferring to have one as tacky. Pampadagdag saya nga siya e
^me and my husband agreed not to have one.. that's why I am firm to the guest (who was so keen to make sabit) that we're not doing it.. not because it's tacky, and not because we are not from batangas, nor we don't want to put pressure on our sponsors whatsoever.. plain and simple, "we just don't want to do it."